Chit Chat
Options

Who or what are you side-eyeing?

Re: Who or what are you side-eyeing?

• Options
    Apparently TMZ reported that Gwen Stefani posted on Instagram that she's pregnant with a girl. They said they have not heard whether it was a prank or not. Ugh...

• Options
    emmaaa said:
    Apparently TMZ reported that Gwen Stefani posted on Instagram that she's pregnant with a girl. They said they have not heard whether it was a prank or not. Ugh...
    I just saw that too...apparently a magazine reported last week that they were expecting  so this was her response to them.  Still not funny.
  • Options
    I side eye the media for being so in love with Blake and Gwen. Does no one give a fuck about Gavin?! Don't they have kids? I don't pay to close attention to celebrity gossip but where were all the "She's a Cheater" tabloids? Maybe there is more to the story and i don't care enough to find out but I don't approve.
  • Options
    I side eye the media for being so in love with Blake and Gwen. Does no one give a fuck about Gavin?! Don't they have kids? I don't pay to close attention to celebrity gossip but where were all the "She's a Cheater" tabloids? Maybe there is more to the story and i don't care enough to find out but I don't approve.
    Gavin apparently cheated on Gwen with their nanny. It seems as though her and Blake started up after she had already split with Gavin.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Sherbie25 said:
    Gavin apparently cheated on Gwen with their nanny. It seems as though her and Blake started up after she had already split with Gavin.
    Oh.

Now i feel like an ass.
  • Options
    But wasn't Blake cheating on Miranda with Gwen?
  • Options
    geebee908 said:
    But wasn't Blake cheating on Miranda with Gwen?
    The tabloids claimed he accused her of cheating and kicked her out.  

• Options
    Bumping so I can vent:

A girl on FB shared a post about a "no cell phone policy" for weddings and of course I not only side eye this but rolled my eyes so hard I thought they would fall out. I commented that some of my favorite pictures were from someone's cell phone and if your photographer is worth their salt then they know how to work around it. Her response? "Sounds like you needed a better photographer." Excuse me? I simply responded that I loved my photographers and they were amazing and even though there were people with their cell phones out, you didn't see it in a single picture. 

• Options
    emmaaa said:
    Bumping so I can vent:

A girl on FB shared a post about a "no cell phone policy" for weddings and of course I not only side eye this but rolled my eyes so hard I thought they would fall out. I commented that some of my favorite pictures were from someone's cell phone and if your photographer is worth their salt then they know how to work around it. Her response? "Sounds like you needed a better photographer." Excuse me? I simply responded that I loved my photographers and they were amazing and even though there were people with their cell phones out, you didn't see it in a single picture. 
    If anything photographers that need unplugged ceremonies to not have guests with phones in their hands in all the shots are the bad ones. You obviously got a good one :)
  • Options
    My coworker is a bridesmaid in an August wedding and mentioned that one of the other bridesmaids hadn't ordered her dress yet, as though this was a very juicy shocking tidbit.

I said, "How long does it take to buy a dress?"

Apparently when my coworker ordered hers in February, she was told it *might* arrive by May. Then they all have to travel 4hrs to the nearest David's Bridal, try on the dresses, have them altered, go back to see if they've been altered correctly, etc.

I get that stuff takes time but I'm side-eyeing the panicked tone at five months out. One of my other coworkers responded with, "Oh my god! The bride is gonna kick her ass!"
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    My coworker is a bridesmaid in an August wedding and mentioned that one of the other bridesmaids hadn't ordered her dress yet, as though this was a very juicy shocking tidbit.

I said, "How long does it take to buy a dress?"

Apparently when my coworker ordered hers in February, she was told it *might* arrive by May. Then they all have to travel 4hrs to the nearest David's Bridal, try on the dresses, have them altered, go back to see if they've been altered correctly, etc.

I get that stuff takes time but I'm side-eyeing the panicked tone at five months out. One of my other coworkers responded with, "Oh my god! The bride is gonna kick her ass!"

( hey the quote button finally works again!)

If I had to make multiple 4 hour trips for my dress I'd have that bad boy shipped to my house, even if it cost more $$, and do the alterations at a local shop. I do feel like DB creates that panic in people, because they give some absurdly long time for the dress to supposedly take to come in even though it ends up coming in way earlier (in my experience).

Yes! This is so true! For my sister's wedding last August, she was hounding me in April to get my dress. I looked online to see the estimated shipping dates, and it said it would arrive within two weeks. I asked her why she was in such a panic about me ordering my dress at that very moment, and apparently the DB she went in to said it usually takes at least ten weeks to get a dress in.

I made her push back about that, and DB admitted that it can take up to 10 weeks if you order a less common dress in a size that they do not carry (like a 0 or a 24). The dress my sister picked was a very popular one, in a popular color, and I am of average size.

I ordered my dress online in June and got it two weeks later. Since I have a lot of experience with DB bridesmaid dresses, I managed to get it in the right size, even. DB definitely exaggerates.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Yes! This is so true! For my sister's wedding last August, she was hounding me in April to get my dress. I looked online to see the estimated shipping dates, and it said it would arrive within two weeks. I asked her why she was in such a panic about me ordering my dress at that very moment, and apparently the DB she went in to said it usually takes at least ten weeks to get a dress in.

I made her push back about that, and DB admitted that it can take up to 10 weeks if you order a less common dress in a size that they do not carry (like a 0 or a 24). The dress my sister picked was a very popular one, in a popular color, and I am of average size.

I ordered my dress online in June and got it two weeks later. Since I have a lot of experience with DB bridesmaid dresses, I managed to get it in the right size, even. DB definitely exaggerates.
    yes!  they told my BM that last week.  I'll be interested in seeing how long "10 weeks" really is.  She's the first one to get a dress (Nov wedding).

• Options

yes!  they told my BM that last week.  I'll be interested in seeing how long "10 weeks" really is.  She's the first one to get a dress (Nov wedding).
    I went with one of my bridesmaids and they told us it was going to take 10-12 weeks. Since it was on a major sale and she a $50 off coupon she went ahead and got it; the dress arrived 10 days later.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I've got some MAJOR side-eyeing going on today.

I mentioned in a previous post that one of my friends has a Corvette and a bunch of other expensive shit that nobody can afford on his registry. It's one of those online registries where people can "pitch in" for different items, but they ultimately get cash.

Well, I forgot to mention that these friends are having a DW that only their family is invited to. However, they are throwing themselves an "engagement celebration" a few weeks before the wedding since none of their friends are invited. Their invitations to this party included their registry information. They also sent an email out this weekend (one week before the party) letting everyone know that there is a dress code for their party: cocktail attire.

I could say so many things right now, but I won't because it wouldn't be nice. So I'm just going to leave this right here.

• Options

I mentioned in a previous post that one of my friends has a Corvette and a bunch of other expensive shit that nobody can afford on his registry. It's one of those online registries where people can "pitch in" for different items, but they ultimately get cash.

Well, I forgot to mention that these friends are having a DW that only their family is invited to. However, they are throwing themselves an "engagement celebration" a few weeks before the wedding since none of their friends are invited. Their invitations to this party included their registry information. They also sent an email out this weekend (one week before the party) letting everyone know that there is a dress code for their party: cocktail attire.

I could say so many things right now, but I won't because it wouldn't be nice. So I'm just going to leave this right here.
    Ugh, this keeps getting worse! This calls for a metal rooster.
    Or a black velvet painting, the tackier the better.
  • Options

A few weeks ago, my boss came to me and had taken a check from a client prematurely. He handed me a document from the file, told me he had a check and then left with the rest of the file, including the check. Today:

Boss: "SSC, do you have that check for Client McClientburg?

"No".

"You don't?"

"No."

"You don't have the check?"

"Bossguy, I promise that I do not have the check."

"Where is it?"

"If I knew where it was, I would have told you by now. You had it the only time I saw it".

He hangs up the phone and basically has the exact same conversation with his assistant.

Keep track of your shit, guy.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options

Ugh, this keeps getting worse! This calls for a metal rooster.
    Or a black velvet painting, the tackier the better.
    I'm trying sooooo hard to not hold it against them, because I really do love them both. But it is really starting to piss me off. I keep wanting to blame it on cultural differences (he's from Puerto Rico and she grew up in Peru), but they've both lived in the US for long enough to know better.

Like, cool. Have a DW for your family only. No problem! It's a long way for both of their families to travel. But for the love of all things good and holy, please don't throw yourselves a fancy party and basically ask people for money/gifts.

Sigh.

• Options
    Oh lord, y'all. Most recent update: just received an email for this soiree saying "open bar, bartender will be accepting tips *wink wink*"

• Options
    Oh lord, y'all. Most recent update: just received an email for this soiree saying "open bar, bartender will be accepting tips *wink wink*"
    Vomit.
  • Options

let me guess, friend is the bartender so you should "tip" him to pay for the alcohol he bought for the open bar
  • Options
    kvruns said:

let me guess, friend is the bartender so you should "tip" him to pay for the alcohol he bought for the open bar
    At this point, nothing will surprise me.

• Options
    I just started watching The Amazing Race. Almost all the seasons are on Amazon Prime. There's these two sisters competing on season 2. One of them has to go alone into this poor village in Soith Africa. On the train beforehand, people had warned them not to go because the village had tons of criminals and they'd get killed. Anyway, the one sister is freaked out and crying about something happening to her sister because she's going alone. Umm, lady, you do realize you're talking to a freaking CAMERA and there will be at least two camera guys following her, right?

I'm eyerolling and side-eying so hard because she must be several gallons short of a full barrel if she thinks something will happen. 
  • Options
    I just started watching The Amazing Race. Almost all the seasons are on Amazon Prime.
    Thank you. I have been wanting to watch some of the old seasons.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards