Chit Chat

Who or what are you side-eyeing?

Re: Who or what are you side-eyeing?

• Ok, and now I'm side-eyeing the sales rep I support.  I did 1 small thing in the 7.5 hours I've been here, and now she gives me a big project at 3:30.  It's Friday, and we usually get out a bit early on Friday.  Like, at 4.

• TNDancer said:
    I just started watching The Amazing Race. Almost all the seasons are on Amazon Prime.
    Thank you. I have been wanting to watch some of the old seasons.
    The only ones that aren't are the latest three or four. So you're in luck if you just want old ones!
  • Side eyeing an upcoming wedding timeline:

1230 - wedding ceremony

1400 - luncheon reception (for some of the guests ... we were invited)

2030 - stand up reception for everyone

I love the couple, but I wish they had just started the ceremony a bit later and had a short standup reception for everyone. Probably would have cost less than doing the two different ones, no gaps at all and everyone is hosted the same way.

• 1. Coworker who made a snarky remark about LGBTQ people last week, knowing I could hear her
    2. Comedians we saw last night, one of whom made light of child abuse, while the other made a homophobic joke
    3. Myself for getting a ticket for something stupid and then being a jerk to poor FW, who didn't do anything wrong 
    4. Passive-aggressive former friends on FB
    5. One of my many cousins, who posted a meme about "spiritual warfare." FFS.
    6. Myself again for running out of money before the next check comes in
    7. Myself yet again for forgetting paperwork I needed for my part-time job and forgetting to pick up a prescription 

• I, once again, am side-eyeing myself.

My sister and I were debating whether or not to go to St. Louis for a Blackhawks playoff game. Neither of us where sure on if we should be responsible or if we should go. We said we'd look for a sign. Then like 20 minutes later we just bought tickets and a hotel room.

Like 10 minutes after that, I got my sign. And it was to not go.

Regardless of signs though, I shouldn't have bought these tickets and I already regret it. I won't on Friday, but I need more self-control when it comes to tickets.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2016

I've played with the idea of buying the April 17th tickets, @ShesSoCold, for like 5 minutes today.  But I can only afford 300 level, and I use the term "afford" very loosely.   Honestly. if my wedding wasn't this year I may have bought them.

edit: did the "sign" say you have to re-sell them?  Or are you still going?  If you do go, you're going to have SO MUCH FUN!

• Oh no, I'm going, @CharmedPam. And we also have tickets to game 6 here. Maybe I'll sell my ticket to a friend, but not yet. :P
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Side eyeing myself, groupon and blue apron. My brother got me a groupon for a week of blue apron. Cool! I liked trying new spices and new dishes but H said he lost weight that week (no leftovers and we were both members of clean plate club for all 3 meals). Whatever...it was an interesting gift.

Except you had to enter a credit card. And you couldn't (or I couldn't figure out) how to cancel my subscription. So I just "skipped" as many weeks as I could and figured I'd keep an eye out for a week I really wanted to try and then cancel my account after one week. Comepletly forgot about it until I get an email saying my food is on the way and it doesn't look all that great: $60 for 3 meals for two when 2 are veg and one is pasta is just wayyyy too much upcharge.

• I had to side-eye the cougar on the train home from the airport last night... It started innocently enough, when she asked a couple of 20-somethings how to get to her hotel.  None of them knew (they were all visiting the area), but a third spoke up and said, "I think you get off at XX station."

If I hadn't been on the other side of the train, I would have told her she needed to get off 5 stations sooner than that (so I'm kind of side-eyeing myself for that), but I didn't feel so badly when she continued to shamelessly flirt with the trio.  They may not have noticed when she pocketed her wedding band, but I did.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• lnixon8 said:
    Side eyeing myself, groupon and blue apron. My brother got me a groupon for a week of blue apron. Cool! I liked trying new spices and new dishes but H said he lost weight that week (no leftovers and we were both members of clean plate club for all 3 meals). Whatever...it was an interesting gift.

Except you had to enter a credit card. And you couldn't (or I couldn't figure out) how to cancel my subscription. So I just "skipped" as many weeks as I could and figured I'd keep an eye out for a week I really wanted to try and then cancel my account after one week. Comepletly forgot about it until I get an email saying my food is on the way and it doesn't look all that great: $60 for 3 meals for two when 2 are veg and one is pasta is just wayyyy too much upcharge.
    @lnixon8 I think you might have to call or e-mail them to cancel. DH and I just started Blue Apron and we love it. We do the veggie meals since I'm a vegetarian and I agree it's kind of dumb it's the same price as the meat ones when there's no way the ingredients cost the same but overall we like it because it's adding to our recipe binder and is much healthier (and honestly yummier) than we usually cook. Our plan is to order for a while until we have a good strong portfolio of recipes we like then cancel.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lnixon8 said:
    Side eyeing myself, groupon and blue apron. My brother got me a groupon for a week of blue apron. Cool! I liked trying new spices and new dishes but H said he lost weight that week (no leftovers and we were both members of clean plate club for all 3 meals). Whatever...it was an interesting gift.

@lnixon8 I think you might have to call or e-mail them to cancel. DH and I just started Blue Apron and we love it. We do the veggie meals since I'm a vegetarian and I agree it's kind of dumb it's the same price as the meat ones when there's no way the ingredients cost the same but overall we like it because it's adding to our recipe binder and is much healthier (and honestly yummier) than we usually cook. Our plan is to order for a while until we have a good strong portfolio of recipes we like then cancel.
    You realize you can go online and search through all their recipes for free - and download them- without ever paying for a single meal right? So you can create your portfolio of recipes without wasting a colossal amount of money. 
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • ernursej said:

Side eyeing an upcoming wedding timeline:

1230 - wedding ceremony

I love the couple, but I wish they had just started the ceremony a bit later and had a short standup reception for everyone. Probably would have cost less than doing the two different ones, no gaps at all and everyone is hosted the same way.

So, if I were a "Tier 2" guest, I could look forward to a 7-hour gap and then a stand up reception...that I'm guessing is only finger foods/appetizers?  Awesome.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm side-eyeing everyone else in the security line at the airport. Oh you just realized when you're at the front of the line that you just waited in for 45 minutes that you need to take out your liquids and gels?! The 17 signs you passed and the TSA agent yelling take out all liquids and gels didn't tip you off? Seriously. 

We have Nexus cards and despite using the Nexus or Priority lanes, this happens all the time. My FI travels about 200 days per year and I'm not sure how he doesn't lose his crap on people. I'm ready to read them the riot act and I don't travel nearly as much as he does.
  • ernursej said:

Side eyeing an upcoming wedding timeline:

1230 - wedding ceremony

So, if I were a "Tier 2" guest, I could look forward to a 7-hour gap and then a stand up reception...that I'm guessing is only finger foods/appetizers?  Awesome.

I guess! We are Tier 1 and have a small gap between ceremony and first reception and then a few hours between than reception and the second reception. We are traveling, but at least know the city well. I guess I'll go shopping?
  • I'm side-eyeing 2 of my friends at the moment who are being super flaky. If you aren't planning on coming to the BBQ just let me know. Don't wait until I text you and ask if we should wait for you to start cooking the meat. 
  • lnixon8 said:

You realize you can go online and search through all their recipes for free - and download them- without ever paying for a single meal right? So you can create your portfolio of recipes without wasting a colossal amount of money. 

I did cancel yesterday, just annoyed that my brother paid $30 for 3 meals but then I basically HAD to order another week for $60.

I didn't think about all their recipes being online- thanks for the idea!

What I do like (and what I think many people like) is having a recipe and ingredients picked for them that they would have never chosen for themselves. For the first week our favorite meal was a vegetarian grain salad where I had never heard of 5 of the ingredients. If I was on pinterest or reading a cook book I would have scrolled right past- especially considering I would have had to buy larger containers of spices (some more than $5 each).

• I'm side-eyeing the people I wrote a check to two weeks ago and they haven't cashed it yet. Cash. the damn. check. I hate sitting around waiting for people to take my money.
  • lnixon8 said:

It's really not that much money. Our weekly grocery bill has gone down since using them and we are eating better. Honestly the convenience of getting the exact amount of ingredients is nice. I tried just downloading their recipes before and found we wasted a lot of time and money buying ingredients that we only used part of for the recipe or it was a pain in the ass to track down the specific type of kale or whatever or we just didn't like the recipe and had too much stuff left over. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Side-eyeing my entire family, with the exception of my brother and parents, who will be the ONLY three family members at my wedding, and my uncle, who would be there if he wasn't in the ICU.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• I am side-eyeing the hell out of my co-irker who feels the need to give her (rude) unsolicited advice to everyone she sees and then is shocked when people tell her to mind her own beeswax. I swear half of our customer complaints are because of her habit of either being rude or just outright ignoring the customers. 

And I swear if I look over one more time to see her with her back to the customers, leaning against the counter, I'm going to throw something at her. 
  • Side-eyeing the shit out of the woman in my department who will constantly point out - apropos of nothing - that she is a graphic designer; however, I just overheard her asking someone the difference between a serif font and a sans-serif font.
    Wow, that's Graphic Design 101. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Side-eyeing the shit out of the woman in my department who will constantly point out - apropos of nothing - that she is a graphic designer; however, I just overheard her asking someone the difference between a serif font and a sans-serif font.
    Wow, that's Graphic Design 101. 
    Yup. Pretty much. 
  • I'm side-eyeing my mother who texted me last night to tell me I'm invited to my brother's wife's bridal shower next weekend in a location that is at least a 12 hour drive from where I live.

1. She knows I'm going to be across the country on a business trip that day
    2. Even if I was home apparently she thinks 1.5 weeks is enough notice for a 12 hr drive (no airports close) to attend a shower
    3. They are already married and having a fucking PPD so she's not even a bride
    4. My mom knows I'm not speaking to my brother due to him being a complete dick to me for my wedding and just being a slimy asshole in general and she knows I'm completely against their stupid PPD
    5. She supports their PPD b/c she claims God wasn't at the courthouse so they need to make it official in front of God. However at the same time she is thrilled they are no longer living in sin since they are married... Yea try to make sense of that opinion...
    6. I wanted to respond she's not a bride so a bridal shower isn't appropriate but instead just said sorry I'll still be across the country for work
    7. She responds back with a giant sobbing message saying how sorry she is I can't make it and how much I'll be missed blah blah blah. She always overcompensates for her rude actions by going way overboard in the apologies.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm side-eyeing my friend. She came over to visit and was wearing my favorite sweater. That I've been missing for about 5 months. And never let her borrow. And then complained that it was itchy. *sigh*

This is how I always remembered the serif:

I always remember it because sans basically means without. So a sans serif font is one without the extra detail. 
  • My friend's cousin replied to a public e-vite to their wedding (yes, I should be side-eyeing that too, I suppose) no, and felt the need to add, "Sorry. It's a busy weekend for us." and proceeded to list out the few things, for everyone on the forum, that actually could have been easily worked around. They happily get together with my friend and family practically once every month on that day of the week, and they just couldn't alter their weekly schedule for a once-in-a-life event with plenty of advance notice? Riiight. Just politely decline "no," honey, and wish them a happy life together, if you need to say something. X)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards