Not Engaged Yet
Options

Wonderful Wednesday!

Re: Wonderful Wednesday!

• Options
    Swazzle said:
    PSA: Did you all know if you send the basketball emoji (no other text) in FB messenger, it becomes a game?

I'm obsessed and you're welcome. 

• Options
    AlPacina said:
    Swazzle said:
    PSA: Did you all know if you send the basketball emoji (no other text) in FB messenger, it becomes a game?

I'm obsessed and you're welcome. 

@Swazzle

• Options

UO: This scene in the movie gets me super turned on.

• Options
    @alpacina - I'm late to this but I think you are under zero obligation to help with this...and not everyone has to have a bachelorette party either (I didn't).  I would just be as vague about any suggestions you give as possible.  
  • Options
    I didn't have a bachelorette party, either, @AlPacina.  Don't feel obligated!!
  • Options
    @Alpacina 1)Yes it was Meru, so cool! 2) it was I who mentioned the honey latte yesterday (I NEED it) Please describe it in detail so I can drool all over my desk 3) I would probably offer a few vague suggestions to the girl at first, but once it got into trying to pressure me into planning shit I'd either start ignoring her messages or bluntly say I can't do any planning, depending on my mood. It's really lame of her to ask you anyway. Don't feel bad saying no!  

• Options

@wink0erin -

1.) And yet the camera person doesn't get any credit for ALSO surviving until the very end! Haha

2.) It is a lovely amount of sweet! I got an extra shot, and it may have been too sweet without it. I also got it iced and thought that was very nice.

3.) I think that is totally my plan. I gave her my initial suggestions, and ended with "So send that to your MOH. I hope it helps her out!" Haha

• Options
    @Alpacina - I like your response.  Thumbs up.
  • Options
    AlPacina said:

@wink0erin -

1.) And yet the camera person doesn't get any credit for ALSO surviving until the very end! Haha

2.) It is a lovely amount of sweet! I got an extra shot, and it may have been too sweet without it. I also got it iced and thought that was very nice.

3.) I think that is totally my plan. I gave her my initial suggestions, and ended with "So send that to your MOH. I hope it helps her out!" Haha

• Options
    @Alpacina I thought the two guys (Jimmy and Ronan) did all the filming? There were only three of them . I was just in awe and had to watch the credits. Those guys are badasses.

• Options
    Whooo!

Good news bad news!

Good news; I get a tax refund of $238.41
    Bad news; Matt owes $18.43

Oh well, still in the positives. I'm getting our tax department to help figure out how to prevent Matt from owing next year
  • Options
    @wink0erin - I watch a ridiculous amount of mountain climbing documentaries, since it's kind of my BF's number one love, so I'm always like "Who the hell is filming them?"..... I totally think you're right about Meru, though. I may have mixed it up with another one. Watching them sleep in their tent is the scariest fucking thing I've ever seen in my life.

• Options
    @AlPacina we were totally watching and often saying "who is filming this?" Occasionally the response would be "Oh there must be a helicopter" hahahaha. The documentary made me really want to climb something! Just no sleeping on a cliff. NOPE. 

• Options

@wink0erin - I will say that sleeping on a mountain was one of the coolest experiences of my life. My BF is going to climb the one we did last summer again and I told him I'd hike up to the camping point again, and just hang out while people summit. No cliffs, thank God.

This is already a couple miles into the hike/climb:

And then this is where I got to camp. About 9000' elevation. It took about another 5 hours to get to the top and come back to the campsite. I'm fine never doing it again, haha.

• Options
    @Alpacina That is AWESOME. It also make my 4 mile round trip hikes look like baby hikes. Hahahaha

• Options

@speakeasy14 -

(Let's end this day the fun way. ;) )

• Options
    @AlPacina gorgeous! You're gonna need to go on more hikes like that so I can live vicariously through you. 
  • Options
    @wink0erin - Whatever! Is there a reason that you've been limited to 4 miles? Because truthfully anyone that can do a 4 mile hike can do a much longer hike too, it just takes a long time and you have to be willing to keep going even when it FUCKING SUCKS. With the two mountains I've done (which are not impressive in the climbing world, TBH), I've gotten to the top and realistically thought "You know, if I had to keep going, I totally could."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards