Chit Chat

NOT MY THUNDER!

13»

Re: NOT MY THUNDER!

• I would be having a long talk with my niece or sibling after that spectacle.

If you want to be treated like an adult then don't act like a child.   
  • Probably for the best you weren't invited....

Ack!
  • dyerwise said:
    Hardly any lighting in the barn for dinner after sunset. Many guests using their phones for light.
    Sorry but I am hunched over my desk laughing at the mental image of this OMG
  • Wow, that was even better than I expected! 
  • I'm now picturing like a Discovery Channel show shot at night in the jungle so it's just spotlights passing over frightening creatures and shakey camera work.
    I am hoping beyond hope that if they had a videographer that this is how the video will play.

• How many people ended up showing? Were they able to seat them all?
  • dyerwise said:
    My sister is going to call me once she is off today with the full details. I got one text from her Friday saying that cousin "went atomic" on her Thursday night. Sister said a BM was asked not show up for the wedding because of her attitude. Sister thinks this has something to do with the ever sought after, even sides.

Sister has been fairly unreachable over the long weekend because of the wedding and some of her BF's family has visiting from out of town.

Here are the updates I have from my mom:

Ceremony was outdoors, reception was in the barn.

Hay bale seating during ceremony, Mom said some bales were soggy and smelled like rot so a lot of guests stood  for the ceremony.

Champagne toast for only the wedding party members.

Hardly any lighting in the barn for dinner after sunset. Many guests using their phones for light.

Barn was "gross, smelled bad, like animals, and everything was covered in dust and cobwebs." Mom also said she saw at least 2 scorpions, which made her realized why the bride kept telling all guests to wear cowboy boots. (I didn't know cowboy boots protected you from scorpions.. but thats my mom's logic)

Barely enough food for everyone, no order to what table went to the buffet line when.

Cake only for the couple, "candy buffet" for everyone else. Mom said: "Candy buffet! it was mostly just starburst!"
    I'd be beyond pissed. The last wedding I went to was basically just apps (cheese, crackers, fruit, and chicken fingers) and cake. They ran out of everything really early but at least I got cake. To run out of food and then not offer cake??? No. I have no words. 
    Not having enough food would be a non issue for me.  One deep breath inside that barn would have killed my appetite, and my interest in remaining a minute longer.
  • How many people ended up showing? Were they able to seat them all?
    I was wondering the same thing.
  • Tell us more! Tell us more!
  • dyerwise said:
    I'm now picturing like a Discovery Channel show shot at night in the jungle so it's just spotlights passing over frightening creatures and shakey camera work.
    I am hoping beyond hope that if they had a videographer that this is how the video will play.

It's the Blair Witch Wedding!
    ha that's what I was thinking too
  • Just because we look better in dim light doesn't mean we don't want to see where we are walking!
  • Ahh nothing more romantic than eating by the glowing light of cell phone while a scorpion runs over your foot!!!
    Dammit! You guessed my theme!
  • this is so glorious
  • banana468 said:
    Just because we look better in dim light doesn't mean we don't want to see where we are walking!
    I know, I'm enough of a klutz in broad daylight!
  • @dyerwise, thanks for filling us in on the details.  And thank your mom and sister also!

I have a friend who has always owned horses.  She used to have a carriage and would do side gigs carting people around in it.  Usually for weddings.

However, she would also get calls from brides that wanted to rent one of her horses.  To do just what your cousin TRIED to do.  Arrive to the ceremony on a valiant steed.  As your cousin found out, it sounds 100x better in words than what the reality actually is.

She would ask about their horseback riding experience.  It was always nil or minimal.  She would politely explain she couldn't rent one of her horses out to an inexperienced rider.  And would then do the bride the favor of explaining that, as romantic as it sounds, riding a horse for the first time (or third time) in an expensive and cumbersome wedding gown is just a recipe for disaster and she strongly encouraged them to think of another "grand entrance". 

She also joked to me, "You know why I never got a call like that from an experienced rider?  Because, unless they are doing something more casual like getting married in jeans and boots, riding a horse in a fancy gown...especially a white one...is nuts."

I've ridden horses since I was old enough to sit up on one by myself. I wouldn't get on one in a froufy dress, side-saddle. Lordy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards