Chit Chat

Annoyances

13»

Re: Annoyances

• New annoyance.   We had a pretty severe thunderstorm today.   I think it hit our home.   We lost our cable modem, router and two TVS.   One of them was a 60" plasma.    I WFH.   Fuck.  
  • edited August 2016
    Ouch! Glad you are all OK, but that sucks.
  • Scary weather on this side of the state, too, Banana468. The thunder and lightning was fierce. 

• Scary weather on this side of the state, too, Banana468. The thunder and lightning was fierce. 

It's a completely FWP.   But it does affect my job and we are either making a homeowners claim or out over $1000.   

• banana468 said:
    Scary weather on this side of the state, too, Banana468. The thunder and lightning was fierce. 

It's a completely FWP.   But it does affect my job and we are either making a homeowners claim or out over $1000.   

Meh, I'd say this crosses over into real problem.  Sorry, that sucks!
  • banana468 said:
    Scary weather on this side of the state, too, Banana468. The thunder and lightning was fierce. 

Definitely a real problem. That's awful. Were those things connected to surge protectors? I ask because last year the same thing happened to me. The cable guy asked if I had a surge protector with a warranty. I didn't, but all of our expensive electronics are now plugged in via surge protectors with warranties. Just thought I'd throw that out there in case they were and it could save you some money.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited August 2016
    banana468 said:

Losing TV, or power, is a major life crisis in this house. TG for homeowner's insurance.

• banana468 said:
    New annoyance.   We had a pretty severe thunderstorm today.   I think it hit our home.   We lost our cable modem, router and two TVS.   One of them was a 60" plasma.    I WFH.   Fuck.  
    Glad you're ok.  :)

• The coax wasn't plugged into the surge protectors and that's what looks to have fried the modem, router and two TVS.   Luckily my work stuff is OK, we had a spare wireless router and DH picked up a new modem that got set up before bed.   

But they don't make 60" plasmas anymore.    
  • banana468 said:
    The coax wasn't plugged into the surge protectors and that's what looks to have fried the modem, router and two TVS.   Luckily my work stuff is OK, we had a spare wireless router and DH picked up a new modem that got set up before bed.   

But they don't make 60" plasmas anymore.    
    I have plasma as well and I hate that they do not make them. Those are awesome TVs!!

We have hail damage from a spring storm that we're working on getting fixed. It's exterior and interior. What a mess. I hated having to file a claim on the insurance, especially since we owned the home all of 5 days before the storm! 

• FI unloaded the dishwasher, but left all the clean dishes sitting on the counter.  Then he was butthurt that I was pissy instead of giving him a medal for unloading.
                            AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • Frontier wants 40! Fucking Dollars for a CARRY ON! A checked bag is 35$. Sounds like I will be repacking all of my stuff into my backpack. I knew there was a reason I never fly with them.
  • Frontier wants 40! Fucking Dollars for a CARRY ON! A checked bag is 35$. Sounds like I will be repacking all of my stuff into my backpack. I knew there was a reason I never fly with them.
    They're just like Spirit with their crazy fucking add on fees. Print your ticket at home or that's another $10 if you try to print it at the airport. Shit is redonkkkkkk
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    They're just like Spirit with their crazy fucking add on fees. Print your ticket at home or that's another $10 if you try to print it at the airport. Shit is redonkkkkkk
    I had no idea, I have flown with them in the past and didn't remember all this. It's been a couple years though.
    Can't remember which airline it is, but the fees for carry-ons also increase by $10 or $20 if you decide at the airport you actually want to have a carry on.  Found that one out the hard way.  They are awesome for dirt cheap flights, if you don't want to go or come back with anything.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• The Brocation drop down ad on this page.

A.  Do some better market research, Bro.
    B.  I hate pop up/drop down/creep up/easy to accidentally click on ads.  Barging your way into my screen does not increase my likelihood of using your product.
  • banana468 said:
    New annoyance.   We had a pretty severe thunderstorm today.   I think it hit our home.   We lost our cable modem, router and two TVS.   One of them was a 60" plasma.    I WFH.   Fuck.  
    Do you use surge protectors?

I'm not sure if they would help with a lightning strike, but you might want to consider it.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• so many today, I can't narrow them to one.

TK one:  every time I scroll up to the top of the page a huge ad comes up taking up 1/2 the screen. Dear Knot.  I'm doing this from work.  The ads on the side of the page are enough to out me. 

• Fucking Stevia. . . it's ruining the cranberry water I just bought to try.

I like cranberries specifically because they are tart, so why ruin this drink by sweetening it?  And if you had to sweeten it, just use actual sugar ><  It's perfectly natural and just as "low cal" as all these other fake "natural" sweeteners if used in moderation.

Stevia tastes as gross as The Pink Cancer packs, bleh!

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• banana468 said:
    Do you use surge protectors?

I'm not sure if they would help with a lightning strike, but you might want to consider it.
    For all but the coax.   We had the coax not through the surge protector due to signal strength.     
  • We have clients in the office and they brought their baby. I get all uncomfortable every time he makes a noise.

I wonder if I was like, bit by a baby as a kid or something. IDK why they make me so uncomfortable.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • I think i threw my back out again.  Doing nothing, as usual, probably breathing.  Forget cooks or housecleaners,I need a live-in chiro in my house

• my insurance company offers incentive rewards if you have prenatal care during the 1st trimester, just have to have a sheet filled out by the Dr. So I did that months ago, on my first visit in fact which was like April something. They sent it in missing info, tried again and it sounds like they just never sent it in again. I kept fighting w/ insurance co bc its like they sent it in, you've processed maternity claims so you know I went. gave up, then decided to give one last effort today. Nope, Dr office still has to resend the form and since I dont go to that office anymore I'm pretty much SOL. It's only $75 but still pisses me off that the Dr office did it wrong and then never did it the 2nd time and then pisses me off that there's no other way to accomplish this and get the reward.
  • kvruns said:
    my insurance company offers incentive rewards if you have prenatal care during the 1st trimester, just have to have a sheet filled out by the Dr. So I did that months ago, on my first visit in fact which was like April something. They sent it in missing info, tried again and it sounds like they just never sent it in again. I kept fighting w/ insurance co bc its like they sent it in, you've processed maternity claims so you know I went. gave up, then decided to give one last effort today. Nope, Dr office still has to resend the form and since I dont go to that office anymore I'm pretty much SOL. It's only $75 but still pisses me off that the Dr office did it wrong and then never did it the 2nd time and then pisses me off that there's no other way to accomplish this and get the reward.
    Ugh, I feel you on this.

When H and I were starting to explore IVF, I had to get a bunch of blood work done. All of it was pretty standard for preconception/prenatal care - blood counts, rubella and varicella immunity, HIV, blood sugar, etc. I even asked the fertility doc how it would be coded, knowing that our insurance doesn't cover infertility treatment. He said most of it would be coded as prenatal screening of some sort, and only two tests would be coded as infertility diagnosis (AMH and FSH tests). Insurance covers infertility diagnosis, so no big deal.

Bill comes a couple months later, and it's for $1700. I call the insurance company, and they tell me it's all coded as infertility treatment. I called the fertility clinic, who said that only the doctor himself could change how it was coded, as anyone else changing it would raise red flags for possible fraud. And, unfortunately, the doctor who we had been working with had just left the practice, so we were SOL. The fertility clinic was apologetic, but basically told us nothing could be done at that point. I was pissed.

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards