Chit Chat

Are you ready for some FOOTBALL?

Re: Are you ready for some FOOTBALL?

• The real deal!!!!!!!!!!!

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • @lyndausvi I am so mad at you right now. ;)
  • edited September 2016
    Browns lost in overtime. FMIL is happy, though.
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2016
    Gangreen Eileen (my fantasy team) is about to move to 3-0.  And the real Gangreen (my Jets) are about to lose.  Too many emotions  :#
  • Michael gave me 40 points!  And Melvin Jones 41 (I just picked him up on waivers).   And my kicker?  13 points.    Ben is not giving me much, but with the others doing well I'm about 40+ points above DH.  I'm done after the steelers finishes.    DH only has his TE (Fleener from NO) left to play.   TE are not known for 40 point games, so I'm hoping I will pull this win off.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2016
    Gangreen Eileen (my fantasy team) is about to move to 3-0.  And the real Gangreen (my Jets) are about to lose.  Too many emotions  :#
    SIX interceptions?   SIX?  Are you kidding me?  

• H is so unhappy about that Steelers game. 

But it the Bills beat the Cardinals!!! Finally they showed up to play football. Just took 3 weeks to do it!
  • Have I already said this?  If so, sorry for the repeat.

I'm not a fan of the new SNF song and I HATE the video.

• So yeah....how about those Michigan Wolverines?!  If only Lion money got me Big House seats!

Fantasy was 1 win and 1 loss and  I advance another week in our Death Pool when 4 more people went down!
  • WTF was up with QBs throwing interceptions yesterday??? Fitzpatrick's 6, Carson Palmer's 4 (plus two fumbles), and Cam Newton's 3... Terrible day.

My fantasy week was a train wreck. I have one person left tonight (Brandin Cooks), and only 53 points so far - partially thanks to Carson Palmer's 1.48 points and Kelvin Benjamin's ZERO, but really, no one I started did well. Even if I HAD played my bench, which did better, I still would have lost. It was a shit show. Oh well, I'm still 2-1.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • lyndausvi said:
    Michael gave me 40 points!  And Melvin Jones 41 (I just picked him up on waivers).   And my kicker?  13 points.    Ben is not giving me much, but with the others doing well I'm about 40+ points above DH.  I'm done after the steelers finishes.    DH only has his TE (Fleener from NO) left to play.   TE are not known for 40 point games, so I'm hoping I will pull this win off.

STUCK:

your post totally reminded me that I forgot Fleener was no longer on the Colts. He had so many drops a couple years ago that I renamed him "Coby Frickin Fleener" and even got my H saying it everytime they threw to him. He irrationally annoyed me 
  • So yeah....how about those Michigan Wolverines?!  If only Lion money got me Big House seats!

Fantasy was 1 win and 1 loss and  I advance another week in our Death Pool when 4 more people went down!
    Enjoy your Wolverines win. We're going to hand your butts to you Thanksgiving weekend!  :D

Enjoy your Wolverines win. We're going to hand your butts to you Thanksgiving weekend!  :D
    I really liked you. Why did you have to go and ruin a good thing by admitting your true colors?
  • How about them rookie QBs.  They are doing it better than some of the vets.

• lyndausvi said:
    Michael gave me 40 points!  And Melvin Jones 41 (I just picked him up on waivers).   And my kicker?  13 points.    Ben is not giving me much, but with the others doing well I'm about 40+ points above DH.  I'm done after the steelers finishes.    DH only has his TE (Fleener from NO) left to play.   TE are not known for 40 point games, so I'm hoping I will pull this win off.
    H benched Michael and regretted it two minutes into the game.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    edited September 2016
    lyndausvi said:
    H benched Michael and regretted it two minutes into the game.
    I drafted Michael and people thought it was an odd draft pick.  They are singing a different tune now!

• lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    edited October 2016
    lyndausvi said:
    SIX interceptions?   SIX?  Are you kidding me?  
    Ah, 3 more today.

I'm beginning to think he is color blind. 

• One of my favorite moments from the Bills huge win over New England. 

• It's looking like I'm a big fat loser this week....Between Michigan, the Lions and my 2 fantasy teams I am 1-4. 
  • lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    edited October 2016
    That WI vs Michigan game was fun to watch.    

I've won my fantasy match.  I still have AB and Ben to play and I'm up by 20 and he has no one left  :smile:

Jet's (DH's team) is so bad.  Ha.   Eagles had a bye, so an off day for me.

Ugh, I'm listening to that stupid SNF theme song.

ETA - oh and I've been watching football since 7:30am this morning. It's 6:30 and the SNF game comes on.      

I need help.

My H is a HUGE Buffalo fan and was so damn happy yesterday. He even broke out the bottle of champagne that we had in the fridge to celebrate.
  • @lyndausvi That interception was insane!

@charlotte989875 I'm happy for your team too!  Half of the remaining players in my companies Death Pool picked the Patriots, but not me!
  • @kimmiinthemitten  -  next week baby!!!

My H is a HUGE Buffalo fan and was so damn happy yesterday. He even broke out the bottle of champagne that we had in the fridge to celebrate.
    It was glorious!

@kimmiinthemitten you can't count out the Bills!
  • I scored 213 points yesterday.    I'm in second place and second in overall points.  

If I say so myself, not bad for a rookie.

• I benched Michael Crabtree and Derek Carr yesterday. Ugh.

I need Blair Walsh to score 14 points or fewer tonight to win (and take down the only person in the league who has not lost yet).
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I don't know if it was televised (we were on commercial when it started) or discussed but a guy in a gorilla costume and t-shirt that said "all lives matter" ran onto the field during the Bears game yesterday. What a dick. He was on the field for a good while, though before he laid down and like 6 security guys literally jumped on him.

I thought it was funny until I heard what his shirt said.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • I don't know if it was televised (we were on commercial when it started) or discussed but a guy in a gorilla costume and t-shirt that said "all lives matter" ran onto the field during the Bears game yesterday. What a dick. He was on the field for a good while, though before he laid down and like 6 security guys literally jumped on him.

I thought it was funny until I heard what his shirt said.

FI watched the game; they did not show it on TV - he learned from the news.  What an ass.
  • lyndausvi said:
    @kimmiinthemitten  -  next week baby!!!

Right now it's more like:

• Me (waking up from my late afternoon nap) to H, "I'm guessing the Saints lost?"  Him:  "Nope not quite yet, but they are about to, there is no hope."

Miracle of miracles, they pulled it out and won.  Our first win of the season.  Usually we're on the other end of that equation.  Have a big, glorious lead...and then eff it up to lose.

Wedding Countdown Ticker