Chit Chat

Are you ready for some FOOTBALL?

12346»

Re: Are you ready for some FOOTBALL?

• This is what I look like everytime the Lions make a positive play:
    Flag? Flag?  Whew. 

Not sure what was uglier, that win or the drive home. 
  • I can't even talk about today's game. H is a huge Steelers fan. 
  • Also, H had Russell Wilson in fantasy, so he's out of the playoffs. 
  • Proud of the Jets' OT win...and my fantasy team had a bye this week (I'll take first place even if it's fantasy :D)
  • If FI and I win this week (extremely likely), we play each other next week in round 2 of the playoffs, which just also happens to be our wedding weekend.  Groom boy is going down!!
  • My H came home on Sunday and was like, "Oh!  The game!  I forgot its on late this week.  Put it on!"  I laugh uproariously at him, "Do you mean the Saints?  Why are we even still watching them this season?"

As my laughter hides the utter betrayal of so many game losing mistakes.  So many.

Thank you Cleveland Browns for being a reminder that things can always be worse.  My apologies and condolences to any Clevelanders out there.  I hope you all can pull one out. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My H came home on Sunday and was like, "Oh!  The game!  I forgot its on late this week.  Put it on!"  I laugh uproariously at him, "Do you mean the Saints?  Why are we even still watching them this season?"

As my laughter hides the utter betrayal of so many game losing mistakes.  So many.

Thank you Cleveland Browns for being a reminder that things can always be worse.  My apologies and condolences to any Clevelanders out there.  I hope you all can pull one out. 

From your keyboard to the football gods' ears! I'm a hardcore Browns fan, but damn, this season has made it hard!
  • edited December 2016

My H came home on Sunday and was like, "Oh!  The game!  I forgot its on late this week.  Put it on!"  I laugh uproariously at him, "Do you mean the Saints?  Why are we even still watching them this season?"

From your keyboard to the football gods' ears! I'm a hardcore Browns fan, but damn, this season has made it hard!
    But you won this week!  I was so excited for you. 

Try *being a Lions fan in a bar full of Cowboys fans who believe the only teams that matter are dynasty teams...and then losing. Womp womp. 
  • Or try having your head coach fired before the season is even over after losing in overtime. 

But you won this week!  I was so excited for you. 

Try *being a Lions fan in a bar full of Cowboys fans who believe the only teams that matter are dynasty teams...and then losing. Womp womp. 

Lol, me too!  I was thinking, "Oh look, @OurWildKingdom's Browns actually won a game!  I'm glad they weren't shut out for the season."  Although I am a Chargers fan.

This Sunday, my Saints are playing their arch rivals the Falcons.  The game does not matter in even the slightest bit, lol.  For either team.  The Saints are already out of the playoffs and the Falcons already clinched the division.  I don't think a win or loss even affects their playoff schedule.

It might be fun to watch just to see how the 2nd and 3rd stringers for each team do, lol. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @kimmiinthemitten, @short+sassy, there was much rejoicing in the OWK house on Christmas Eve!  :)
  • Tonight we're going to the biggest game for the Lions in 23 years....if we win we clinch the division!  

Tickets start at $150 and they even sold standing room only tickets and built a platform to accommodate them. 

This is going to be so much fun.....if we don't fuck it up in the final seconds of the game like we did last year with Aaron Rodgers Hail Mary. Now I just need to kick last nights residual grogginess. 
  • Good luck today @kimmiinthemitten and enjoy!

I'll catch some of the Jets' game today as a farewell but I'll be eyeing my fantasy team more closely...Gangreen Eileen is going for the gold!
  • eileenrob said:
    Good luck today @kimmiinthemitten and enjoy!

I'll catch some of the Jets' game today as a farewell but I'll be eyeing my fantasy team more closely...Gangreen Eileen is going for the gold!
    Yah my Bills aren't going to put up much of a game I'm afraid. 

• eileenrob said:

Ha! As long as it's not a 3-0 score I don't care who wins  :D
  • eileenrob said:
    eileenrob said:

Ha! As long as it's not a 3-0 score I don't care who wins  :D
    That was embarrassing. 
  • OWK, we spent half the day thinking you guys won. Look at it this way:  first round draft pick!

As for the Pussycats, we get a wildcard playoff spot. I sat behind some obnoxious chick yesterday who snapchatted the entire game. She got the field, her and her boyfriend, herself drinking beer, crowd reactions and of course her Packer friends a couple rows up. She kept throwing popcorn a ton her friends so I'm glad I was behind her and not in front of her. She was a cute blonde though so most of the crowd forgave her. 
  • Good luck to your Lion's tonight @kimmiinthemitten!
    Different year, same old Lions.
    Oh I know the feeling. Except I haven't gotten to know the feeling of making the playoffs for 17 years. 

My Steelers fan husband however is having a great day. 
    Oh I know the feeling. Except I haven't gotten to know the feeling of making the playoffs for 17 years. 

My Steelers fan husband however is having a great day. 
    DH's Giants lost :/the only silver lining was the game ended on time for me to watch the opening of the Golden Globes B)