Wedding Woes
Options

Week 4 thread

Re: Week 4 thread

• Options

Love the Canada peeps on here!

Trudeau and Trump are having their first official meeting today.  I sincerely hope we don't go to war with you all.

I'm saying that joking, but can't even joke with 100% certainty the outlandish won't happen.

Canada, I don't know a lot about Trudeau, but I'm jealous of you all.  He seems 100x better.

I didn't vote for the Liberal party, because they Federally don't jive with my personal values. I also have issues with where JT stands on certain Indigenous issues and environmental issues. That being said, I'm glad my forefathers were Loyalists during the War of 1812 and settled up here.
  • Options
    levioosa said:
    levioosa said:
    After the reports last night that sally Yates and the DOj briefed Obama and Trump that he had calls with Russia about the sanctions, and Pence stating Flynn lied, I think there's no other option. I just hope there's still some investigation into what he said, when he said it, and who knew about it. Because right now it looks like he potentially discussed classified information and undermined US foreign policy. 

ETA Sally Yates killing it on the "protecting democracy front". 
    Did you see his shitty resignation letter?  It was so unapologetic I wanted to give him a thousand paper cuts with it.  Never mind that he's essentially been fired twice now for gross incompetence with our country's national security.  

And yaaaas to Sally Yates. 
    I wonder if all the Trump appointees are required to use MAGA in the everything that they write. But seriously yes on that letter t was ridiculous. And his accompanying statement was basically "this is all the press's fault because if they wouldn't have written about it none of you would have known". 
  • Options
    1.  I can't with all this abortion madness.  It's so infuriating and insulting to women's intelligence.

2.  The Rogue POTUS Twitter page is claiming Yates was really fired for whistleblowing on Flynn as a danger.  Sadly, I have very little hope in this Congress turning their back on Trump any time soon.

3.  The good news is that god awful Carls Jr executive's cabinet spot may be at risk.  Apparently, his ex wife was on Oprah and detailed how he was abusive and she mailed a copy of the tape to every Senator and 4 republicans have said they're not sure they can vote for him.

4.  I feel bad for teachers in Ohio.  First Devos, not this madness:

Sec. 3319.236. Beginning September 1, 2018, the state board of education's rules for the renewal of educator licenses shall require each applicant for renewal of a license to complete an on-site work experience with a local business or chamber of commerce as a condition of renewal. Work experience obtained pursuant to this section shall count toward any required continuing education. Each local professional development committee established under section 3319.22 of the Revised Code shall work with its teachers to identify local work experience opportunities that meet the requirements of this section.

So teachers who are already overworked and underpaid, and who pay out of pocket for not only their license but for the continuing education, now need to intern with no pay to keep their jobs.  I take that back, I feel bad for parents and children in Ohio who won't have qualified teachers if this passes. 

• Options
    levioosa said:
    levioosa said:
    After the reports last night that sally Yates and the DOj briefed Obama and Trump that he had calls with Russia about the sanctions, and Pence stating Flynn lied, I think there's no other option. I just hope there's still some investigation into what he said, when he said it, and who knew about it. Because right now it looks like he potentially discussed classified information and undermined US foreign policy. 

ETA Sally Yates killing it on the "protecting democracy front". 
    Did you see his shitty resignation letter?  It was so unapologetic I wanted to give him a thousand paper cuts with it.  Never mind that he's essentially been fired twice now for gross incompetence with our country's national security.  

And yaaaas to Sally Yates. 
    I wonder if all the Trump appointees are required to use MAGA in the everything that they write. But seriously yes on that letter t was ridiculous. And his accompanying statement was basically "this is all the press's fault because if they wouldn't have written about it none of you would have known". 

Yes! So true!

And thank goodness!  Yet another important reason to have freedom of the press.  Helps keep politicians "somewhat" in check.

Oh, I'm sorry.  Was he actually trying to imply this is a negative, bad thing? 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    1.  I can't with all this abortion madness.  It's so infuriating and insulting to women's intelligence.

2.  The Rogue POTUS Twitter page is claiming Yates was really fired for whistleblowing on Flynn as a danger.  Sadly, I have very little hope in this Congress turning their back on Trump any time soon.

3.  The good news is that god awful Carls Jr executive's cabinet spot may be at risk.  Apparently, his ex wife was on Oprah and detailed how he was abusive and she mailed a copy of the tape to every Senator and 4 republicans have said they're not sure they can vote for him.

Sec. 3319.236. Beginning September 1, 2018, the state board of education's rules for the renewal of educator licenses shall require each applicant for renewal of a license to complete an on-site work experience with a local business or chamber of commerce as a condition of renewal. Work experience obtained pursuant to this section shall count toward any required continuing education. Each local professional development committee established under section 3319.22 of the Revised Code shall work with its teachers to identify local work experience opportunities that meet the requirements of this section.

So teachers who are already overworked and underpaid, and who pay out of pocket for not only their license but for the continuing education, now need to intern with no pay to keep their jobs.  I take that back, I feel bad for parents and children in Ohio who won't have qualified teachers if this passes. 

This is such bullshit. Teachers. Qualified teachers who went to school for years now have to intern with business, for what purpose?! Also, it would required schools board to put three non-voting business owners on each board. 

I guess if we have a kid in Ohio its private school for them. 
  • Options

To the bolded, I don't have hope for that. Mitt Romney wrote a letter about what a great guy he is. I'm pretty confident in the Republican party's uncanny ability to ignore grievous personality and qualification failures if it suits their interests. 

Re: the teacher thing. That's the biggest bullshit. Our poor future. 

• Options

Yes! So true!

And thank goodness!  Yet another important reason to have freedom of the press.  Helps keep politicians "somewhat" in check.

Oh, I'm sorry.  Was he actually trying to imply this is a negative, bad thing? 

I don't get this either. How can his advisors, etc say things like, "anyone who criticizes Trump is gone"? I mean, don't you want to hear the pros and cons, don't you want to at least pretend to play devil's advocate? It's very dis-heartening.

I hope they keep up with this Flynn investigation as I find it hard to believe that he acted on his own. I'd like to who else knew and when.
  • Options
    @mrsconn23 and @sparklepants41 this is for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M98huhzUijE

John Oliver puts together commercials for Trump..
  • Options
    levioosa said:

4. br>

To the bolded, I don't have hope for that. Mitt Romney wrote a letter about what a great guy he is. I'm pretty confident in the Republican party's uncanny ability to ignore grievous personality and qualification failures if it suits their interests. 

Re: the teacher thing. That's the biggest bullshit. Our poor future. 

I shrunk a quote tree.

They also have not scheduled the vote for this guy yet because McConnell is trying to "get the party on board".  So I don't have that much faith that those 4 Senators won't have their minds changed back.

• Options

More a local thing.  But there is a Louisiana State Senator (Troy Brown) who has pleaded "no contest"...on two separate occasions for two different women...to criminal charges of abusing women.  Both within the last year.

First, he punched his mistress last year.  Or, as he describes their relationship, his "side friend".  Then he bit his wife later in the year.

Brown penned an "Open Apology" letter.  Where almost every sentence has the word "God" in it.  There is also a Bible verse about "forgiveness".  Major.Eye.Roll.

However, he refuses to resign or accept a suspension from the State Senate.  They are meeting tomorrow on their course of action in regards to this guy.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Might as well since all of our national parks and rights as women will be gone soon.  

• Options
    I checked into Twitter this AM to see that my Senator posted about a spy ship 30 miles from the CT coastline.   

Great times
  • Options
    WHAT is this fuckery?  Someone sent me this and I can't even see straight at this point.  No, protesting DeVos is absolutely positively not a goddamn thing like the integration protests:

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/2/14/14616370/betsy-devos-ruby-bridges-segregation-cartoon
  • Options
    VarunaTT said:
    WHAT is this fuckery?  Someone sent me this and I can't even see straight at this point.  No, protesting DeVos is absolutely positively not a goddamn thing like the integration protests:

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/2/14/14616370/betsy-devos-ruby-bridges-segregation-cartoon
    What makes this even more absurd is that her policies in Michigan have led to a major segregation problem in the schools.  My old school district borders Detroit.  I went to HS pre school of choice and I'd say our population was 25-30% african american.  Fast forward almost 20 years, add school of choice and the state closing hundreds of schools in Detroit and my school is now 75% african american and the city is over 55% caucasian because white families are now sending their kids to other schools.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/detroit/2016/09/20/schools-choice-creating-white-flight-metro-detroit/90509180/

Now this makes me believe we are living in an alternative universe.  In conversations during the election, I kept warning friends who hated Clinton that she should be cautious to celebrate the leaks because they came from Russia.  Now we have evidence that Trump and Co negotiated with Russia during and after the election, that people in his administration are vulnerable to blackmail, and that the President knew about it and decided it was a trust issue instead of a national security problem - AND the GOP isn't going to investigate.  All the while Russia and North Korea are testing us.  

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/chaffetz-investigate-mar-lago-flynns-ties-russia/story?id=45490256

It's only week 4 folks, this shit is downright scary and people are still celebrating this man.
  • Options
    VarunaTT said:

What makes this even more absurd is that her policies in Michigan have led to a major segregation problem in the schools.  My old school district borders Detroit.  I went to HS pre school of choice and I'd say our population was 25-30% african american.  Fast forward almost 20 years, add school of choice and the state closing hundreds of schools in Detroit and my school is now 75% african american and the city is over 55% caucasian because white families are now sending their kids to other schools.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/detroit/2016/09/20/schools-choice-creating-white-flight-metro-detroit/90509180/

Now this makes me believe we are living in an alternative universe.  In conversations during the election, I kept warning friends who hated Clinton that she should be cautious to celebrate the leaks because they came from Russia.  Now we have evidence that Trump and Co negotiated with Russia during and after the election, that people in his administration are vulnerable to blackmail, and that the President knew about it and decided it was a trust issue instead of a national security problem - AND the GOP isn't going to investigate.  All the while Russia and North Korea are testing us.  

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/chaffetz-investigate-mar-lago-flynns-ties-russia/story?id=45490256

It's only week 4 folks, this shit is downright scary and people are still celebrating this man.
    You know he won't ever admit to anything, much less resign. So seriously, what is it going to take to get him (and his entire administration) to get kicked out of office? 
  • Options
    How fucking stupid is Michael Flynn, that he worked in the intelligence community for all those years and apparently didn't know that we tap Russian diplomats' calls?  Or if he knew and didn't care...welp, I got nothin'.