Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Do you find the bouquet toss offensive?

1235»

Re: Do you find the bouquet toss offensive?

• Options

I'm on & off these boards. I was married, divorced and now I am engaged and getting re-married. I've been here a long time but I'm not active all the time. I come & go, so I'm not a regular and the last time I was on here prior to now was about 9 mos ago. I'm not sitting here with a TK rule book memorizing every single do & don't.

Obv I was attacked. People making an issue and calling me out on it is an attack. I was commenting to try & be helpful to someone who was maybe in a similar situation. I realize the thread may have been older. I wasn't addressing that person. I was commenting in a general sense.

These boards are not that active. Some things even closer to the top are pretty old. It's a natural reaction to see something relatable & comment on it. I do't always look @ every single date on every single post.

There have been times that I have posted a new thread only to then have someone say "this is already in a prior thread"... so what gives then?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I'm on & off these boards. I was married, divorced and now I am engaged and getting re-married. I've been here a long time but I'm not active all the time. I come & go, so I'm not a regular and the last time I was on here prior to now was about 9 mos ago. I'm not sitting here with a TK rule book memorizing every single do & don't.

Obv I was attacked. People making an issue and calling me out on it is an attack. I was commenting to try & be helpful to someone who was maybe in a similar situation. I realize the thread may have been older. I wasn't addressing that person. I was commenting in a general sense.

These boards are not that active. Some things even closer to the top are pretty old. It's a natural reaction to see something relatable & comment on it. I do't always look @ every single date on every single post.

There have been times that I have posted a new thread only to then have someone say "this is already in a prior thread"... so what gives then?

First bold - I was one of the people who asked you to check dates and I definitely didn't attack. The other person was possibly more blunt about it, but she also didn't attack you. 

Second bold - we realize that and that's why I asked you to check the dates. 

Third bold - That's something that's been discussed within this thread that we need to be better about. My first post, one of the comments was along the lines of "OMG We just answered this last week!" I hadn't seen anything about it on the first page (and let's be honest, nobody's going to the second page). 
  • Options
    edited June 2017

So would you prefer me comment on a current thread and be nasty and be of no help whatsoever? or would you prefer me to comment on a slightly older thread and actually maybe be helpful to someone?

Find something better to do than create unnecessary drama when someone resurrects an old thread.

Gee whiz.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited June 2017

Attacked?  Oh good grief.  I remember you from the days of not wanting to open presents at your shower,  @OwningAHome1981

The time can be spent doing other things instead of "hey everyone look at the cool stuff I got". it's annoying and unnecessary & AWish. I opened the presents at home and we spent the time socializing and making cards for kids @ the childrens hospital instead

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Sometimes you can't win. When I first joined, the regs used to reprimand new community members for posting  frequently asked questions, as in, 'Look down two threads, dumb ass.' Some of them felt compelled to respond to every single thread on 'their boards.' 

The other thing they didn't like was 'thread hijacks,' like this. 

Welcome back to TK. What do you think about the bouquet toss?

Thanks. I try not take things personally b/c I don't really give a hoot, it's an internet board. I'm a laid-back person, I don't take things too seriously but I voice my opinion when I have something to say.

I have a life outside of TK which apparently some of these ladies do not.

haha I hate the bouquet toss!!!! the garter is even worse!!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    So I saw a thread from May 3rd... is that ok to respond to? I guess I have to like check in with the TK police before I post anything now lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker