Wedding Woes
Options

Fatigued Fiancé

13»

Re: Fatigued Fiancé

• Options
    I can't get over having kids with a guy who's parenting philosophy is so absolutely different than your own. 

You meet a guy who has (in your opinion) an unruly daughter. Clearly, she was raised without the level of discipline that you think is appropriate. So you have more children with him, without ever working any of this out. WTF?
    This is where I am as well. My H and I don't have kids (and will remain child free), and even we discussed what our parenting philosophies would be if we did decide to have kids. 

It sounds like you have a lot of animosity towards his child. I think if anyone needs counseling, it's you. 
    I mean, it sounds like they have a shared philosophy on the kids they have together, but not with the SD.

Which is definitely a problem but also not that uncommon, no? Blending families is tough work. 
    It sounds like he defers to her wishes on their children together. Not a shared philosophy. 

I'm not saying blending families is easy, at all. I just can't imagine meeting my BF's daughter, disliking things about how she is being raised, and then having kids with this guy without ever addressing the concerns I had with the existing child's rearing.