Military Brides
Options

Names

The post below got me thinking let's have an intro post to make sticky so we know who's here!

Name (IRL):
Wedding Date:
Fun Fact about you/FI:
Lilypie Maternity tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Names

• Options
    meltoinemeltoine member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'll start.

I'm Melissa.
    Our wedding is April 10, 2010.
    FI and I are doing the Tough Mudder outdoor challenge together on May 2. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Name: Kristin
    Wedding date: March 20, 2010.
    Fun fact: lol um We meet online, and haven't been apart since except when he deployed last year..  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    tendonheadtendonhead member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Name: Stephanie
    Wedding Date: up in the air but shooting for 01/22/11
    Fun Fact: My fiance is half Korean and half hillbilly.
  • Options
    Marcia1215Marcia1215 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Name: Marcia
    Wedding Date: April 24, 2010
    Fun Fact: FI and I love the show Diners, Drive Ins and Dives. When we were in Milwaukee last summer for my cousin's wedding we went to a place that was featured on the show.
  • Options
    rojobrorojobro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm new to the boards.   :)

My name is Jodi
    My wedding date is June 5th 2010
    An interesting fact, my fiance and I met on a plane.  We sat next to each other and I struck up a conversation, we haven't been apart since.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm Alicia (ah-lee-see-ah, not ah-lee-sha)
    Our JOP wedding is on Friday (3/12), but the Catholic wedding which I'm actually planning things for, is 3/5/11
    Fun fact about us: We met at a bar through mutual friends in February 2009, didn't talk again until that April when I sat next to him at a party and talked the entire night. We spent every minute the last few weeks of our senior year of college together, graduated, and have been long distance ever since.
  • Options
    hh581842hh581842 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My name is Heidi
    I'm NEY
    I met my BF through Eharmony lol about 3 months before he deployed for 6 months and then got stationed in Japan for the next year.   But we've stuck it out! so I guess eharmony knows what it's doing.  And I'm 23 and he's 27, so no, eharmony is not just for old divorcees. LOL.  And I hang out on the knot because...I love weddings!! lol
  • Options
    AggieGirl2009AggieGirl2009 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My name is Joanna.

Our religious wedding is August 13, 2010.

Fun fact:  By a stroke of luck (bad luck for me; good luck for DH), DH and I will have the same job in the Army.  Guess it will make for interesting dinner conversation!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My name is Lexi.
    My fiance and I are getting married on July 3, 2010!
    We're technically high school sweethearts since we started dating a month before graduation...and we went to college together!
    "This is the most extraordinary thing about motherhood - finding a piece of yourself separate and apart that all the same you could not live without." ? Jodi Picoult Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Name (IRL): Mehgan
    Wedding Date: October 16, 2010
    Fun Fact about you/FI: We're DINKs (Dual Income No Kids), both enlisted in the military. We met while stationed in Kodiak, AK and then he PCSed to Miami, FL. I was able to join him about 5 months after his transfer due to a stroke of luck when I was offered a mutual exchange of station.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Options
    libra44423libra44423 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm Vicky
    Wedding Date:  ummm end of July? Maybe the 24th. It's hard to pick an exact date yet since he's still deployed for at least 4 months.
    Interesting Fact:  We we're introduced by a mutual friend who decided that I needed a good guy, and he needed a good girl lol.  We talked on the phone a couple times and spent his entire 2 week leave together.  We had our 1st kiss literally 5 minutes after we met in person
  • Options
    aubreyaliseaubreyalise member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    since i keep wandering in here thinking about asking for advice, i should probably introduce myself!

I'm Aubrey
    Wedding Date: May 8, 2010 (1 month and 4 weeks from today... if I was counting :) )

Interesting fact: Like one of the previous posters, my fiance & I met on eharmony. According to him, he only originally clicked on my profile because I share a name with a guy he was deployed with and hated, and he wanted to tell that guy that apparently he's a girl. Sweet, huh? :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi I'll chime in on this too!

Name:  Deidra or Deeds
    Wedding date:  April 9, 2011 - Hanscom AFB Chapel 

Interesting Tidbit:  Sean and I met at a party and both said to each other "I am NOT looking for a relationship - only a FWB at BEST!" - a month later, the "L Bomb" had been dropped and well.....we've been joined at the hip ever since!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Name: Allason

Wedding Date: January 8, 2011 or when ever the army wants it.

Interesting Tidbit: Jason showed up at my house one summer afternoon with his brother who I was friends with to go swimming while he was on leave. I thought he was very cute but didn't say anything about it (shy), because he was more interested in my roommate who he went to high school with. After he went back to (he told me Germany) Afghanistan he started calling me (no idea how he got my number). We would talk for at least 1.5 hours at a time. After he came home he was at my house all the time and one thing led to another and the rest is history.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Name ~ Becca

Wedding Date ~ June 20th, 2010

Fun Facts: We met while he was here on leave, just kept talking and talking after he left. Then after 2 months he flew in and surprised me, I was so shocked that I could not move or speak for 1/2 hour. He told me that he flew all the way to Maryland just to tell me he loved me. Also, I'm pretty sure that the Lightsaber I gave him for his b-day last year was the reason he couldn't wait a few more months to pop the question. 
    imageGraphics In a world of crazy we need as many hugs as we can get.
  • Options
    DanielleB80DanielleB80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Name: Danielle
    Wedding Date: March 5, 2011
    Fun Fact about you/FI: I don't put ice in anything and enjoy drinking most liquids room temp, while FH loves ice and puts it in everything, including his cereal. I like being warm and he loves being cool. Yeah, he is so hating being in Kuwait right now.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker imageGraphics
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Im Erin
    Wedding Day: 6/26/2010
    Intereting fact:  There is a nuclear navy base in the town I grew up in... I never wanted to meet any of the Navy guys and neither did my friends... My best friend and I were out at a bar my friend worked at and she introduced us to some of her friends (who were in the Navy) and now my friend is married to one and Im marrying another.... my other best friend (the 3 of us grew up together) married a civilian that worked with them.... needless to say Im glad I never wanted to meet a guy in the Navy until I met the right one :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My name is Brandalyn

My wedding date is Januray 8th, 2011

My FI & I are high school sweethearts. We knew of each other through the ROTC program, but we first met at lunch when we were standing in the lunch line and he picked me up and put me in the trash can, he had my heart from that point on :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Name: Cat (New to the board)
    Wedding date: JOP : this Tuesday the 23rd, Church wedding Oct 26, 2012 
    How we met: I was working at a hospital as a Transportation attendant, Nolan was in                           Nursing class for extra credit and was placed with me for a shadowing                         project. I was especially cranky that day, and actually didn't want to be                         bothered by a student. But we stuck it out for the day, he actually                                  manage to make me  laugh. He left that day and i didn't expect                                           to see him again. He thought otherwise, a week later on his second                               shadow assignment, he actually left his "mentor" on the nursing floor to                         give me his number. and the rest is history. 
    Fun Fact: We're both Aquarius, and will always celebrate our birthdays on the same day of the week..
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Name (IRL): Anita
    Wedding Date: 1st or 2nd Weekend of August 2011
    Fun Fact about you/FI: We are college sweethearts! We met on the first day of classes at GW, when he was wearing his ROTC whites :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My name is Amy and my husband's name is Corey

Our JOP ceremony was November 6, 2009 and our religious wedding is August 19, 2011 and I am having a great time planning

Fun Fact: We met on MySpace... A friend of mine had moved to Fort Hood and she had posted a bunch of pictures of her new life in Texas.  There was a picture of her husband and a really cute guy so I posted a comment "Hey Nic, who's your friend?" and 5 minutes later there was another comment "The names is Corey here's my number" and the rest is history :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm Amanda

Our wedding is this Saturday, the 27th of March

A fun fact about FI and myself is that he chased me for 3 years before he finally caught me.  What he didn't know is that I liked him too and we were both so shy, it took us 3 years to actually start dating!
    Anniversary Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options
    ashley713ashley713 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi everyone, I'm Ashley.
    My fiance Shane and I will be married on 7.31.2010 in Disney World.
    An interesting fact about us is that we met in Germany where he was stationed with my younger sister and we were friends for 3 years while I dated someone else and while he pined for me haha. We have never lived in the same place ever and I will be moving down to Florida to be with him at the end of next month. I cannot wait!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    im lauren
    10-10-10 is the big day
    we are both military- i am in honduras until next month (1yr tour) and then going to okinawa and he is deployed in afghanistan but is stationed at ramstein.  its been 7 months since we've seen each other.
    we are getting married in pr, where he is from.  so everything is long distance!!!!

(this is me and my red-headed puerto rican)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    aankac12aankac12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm Andrea.

Wedding date is 22 May 2010.

Fun Fact: We have been in a continuous long distance relationship for 5 1/2 years.  I can't wait to be married!!!
  • Options
    arb0704arb0704 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My name is Ashley and my husbands name is Jason

We had a quick ceremony Jan 10th but our show wedding is whenever the Army decides I can have it in September

Interesting Fact: I met my husband Jason three years ago after the guy I was in love with was killed overseas. I vowed never to date military again. I met Jason's mom at Give2TheTroops (a volunteer organization) and she bugged me everyday until I e-mailed him (he was deployed at the time). When he came home he got out of the military and we started hanging out months later. We have been together everyday for the last year and a half. Well, until he got recalled in January 2010 and now he will go career for the Army. Funny how God puts two people together.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm Leila

Like Erin, my wedding is June 26, 2010.  And my FI was based in Saratoga Springs, which I'm assuming is where you were talking about!  Funny, small world.

Fun/Interesting Fact: Well, my FI and I met the first day of college, totally by accident, because my childhood friend was helping me move in, and he had gone to college with her.  So we were introduced, but I was in an anti-male phase, so we were best friends.  For 4 years.  We started dating just after he commissioned and have been doing long distance ever since!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm Courtney
    Wedding Date: May 28th 2010
    My FI is a Coast Guard officer and I finally found a caketopper to match his uniform!

Fun Fact: We met on the Carnival Cruise Sensation through mutual friends now Carnival is our vacation of choice :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Shawnee
    Wedding Date: June 25, 2011

Fun Fact: We met in High School Drama class and were great friends then drifted apart until about 3 years ago when he found me on myspace and wanted to see me before he went to bootcamp, I thought he was joking and was really mad when he left 3 days before my birthday (in Feb)when he came home the following Christmas we hung out and have been together ever since.
  • Options
    CARLY78CARLY78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Name: Carly

Wedding Date: April 2, 2010/ Vow Renewal October 22, 2010

Fun Fact about you/FI: We are both diehard Cleveland Browns and Indians fans! And we love China Buffets (we always manage to find one wherever we are visiting)
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards