Options

Be BSC With Me: Baby Names

13»

Re: Be BSC With Me: Baby Names

• Options
    orangecrush32orangecrush32 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My BF is baby crazy haha. My sister just had a baby last month (Rachel Lyn, see avatar :p ) and my best friend's SIL is having her baby soon (she's due to be induced Wednesday). I'm trying to stay levelheaded but sometimes it's hard. :p I know we really don't need one right now...but boy do we want one. ;) haha.

We've discussed names, but we can't agree, so it's a good thing that we've got years to figure it out.

I like Aralyn, Annabelle, Bailey, and Constance for a girl and Garrison, Parker, Owen, and Cole for a boy.

The BF is a jr and has mentioned in the past that he wants to make his son the 3rd...well I absolutely HATE his first name. I don't want to have a kid with a name I hate and I can't call him by the middle name because that's what the BF goes by. I'm hoping he isn't to attached to this idea because I wanna kick it to the curb. :p
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    BF and I have been talking about baby names a lot. For a girl we both like Clair, Chloe, or Juliette. We aren't sure for a boys name though. Jake is the top runner but we want to find something we both like better.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_bsc-baby-names?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:0160109b-277e-4d9e-af4d-ba3df8f2c657Post:e2e20857-34e5-47da-aa3c-3656a4f39858">Re: Be BSC With Me: Baby Names</a>:
    [QUOTE]My BF is baby crazy haha. My sister just had a baby last month (Rachel Lyn, see avatar :p ) and my best friend's SIL is having her baby soon (she's due to be induced Wednesday). I'm trying to stay levelheaded but sometimes it's hard. :p I know we really don't need one right now...but boy do we want one. ;) haha. We've discussed names, but we can't agree, so it's a good thing that we've got years to figure it out. I like Aralyn, Annabelle, Bailey, and Constance for a girl and Garrison, Parker, Owen, and Cole for a boy. <strong>The BF is a jr and has mentioned in the past that he wants to make his son the 3rd...well I absolutely HATE his first name.</strong> I don't want to have a kid with a name I hate and I can't call him by the middle name because that's what the BF goes by. I'm hoping he isn't to attached to this idea because I wanna kick it to the curb. :p
    Posted by orangecrush32[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I've had some friends who were 3rd. They usually went by Trey, or more recently Trip (short for triple).</div><div>

</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_bsc-baby-names?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:0160109b-277e-4d9e-af4d-ba3df8f2c657Post:198b0b83-ab54-4a81-b19b-28442f7f4a87">Re: Be BSC With Me: Baby Names</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Be BSC With Me: Baby Names : I've had some friends who were 3rd. They usually went by Trey, or more recently Trip (short for triple).
    Posted by AbigailMS[/QUOTE]

I have a second cousin who goes by Trip. I'm not sure if he is the 3rd though.

• Options
    orangecrush32orangecrush32 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_bsc-baby-names?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:0160109b-277e-4d9e-af4d-ba3df8f2c657Post:198b0b83-ab54-4a81-b19b-28442f7f4a87">Re: Be BSC With Me: Baby Names</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Be BSC With Me: Baby Names : I've had some friends who were 3rd. They usually went by Trey, or more recently Trip (short for triple).

Hmm..that sounds intriguing! I think I might suggest that if he really has his heart set on it.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ooh ooh, i love this game. BF doesn't really so much. He kinda cringes if we ever walk through a baby isle at the store while i "ooh" and "ahh". But that's ok, i'm still working on the ring, then the wedding...there's plenty of time.  I have a long list of names. His family is mostly scandinavian and mine is hispanic so trying to find names that will appease both families can be difficult. I want names that are reflective of both families but i'm not sure what that would look like. Do I just americanize Jose, Juan, Rosa and Maria? Or just pick names that can easily be said in both english and spanish without getting too ethnic or whatever? Some of my front runners that I think would work well are:
    Ariana, Camilla, Evangeline, Vera, Malia and Karina
    Dominick, Dante, Marco and maybe Benjamin

BF's name is Michael so that will probably get thrown in somewhere too. I actually like it even if it is somewhat of a "filler" name
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Emotional maturity is primarily developed through compassion a delayed gratification of one's desires.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If we have a boy it'll be BF the FIFTH! I really love the name Trent.

Funny this thread would start today, because I was just going through Carabids (beetles) and work and came across "Amara" as a genus name.

I instantly fell in love and the name goes PERFECTLY with his last name, so that will be our girl.  He said it was cute.  I want to translate it from lating to english but I am too scared to, it'll end up being something weird.  It's the genus name of a carnivorous beetle, for Pete's sake, haha.  The girl name that BF really loves is Nina.
  • Options
    tafft1tafft1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i feel like there is something wrong with me - i have baby fever..kinda..i guess..i mean i want kids without a doubt but i really don't get into the whole "omg i really want it to happen now even if it won't" moments..people at work and friends ask me all the time what names i have thought of..i never have actually. i kinda feel left out and wonder if my fears are the reasons..sometimes i wish i was a typical female. Not trying to derail just wondering if i really am just alone in this..
    Photobucket Anniversary www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Tafft, there is nothing wrong with you. You should see the looks I get if I tell someone I don't want kids (which I only do when asked). People act like I have two heads or something. Then they ask "But what will you do?" Oh, I don't know...travel, hobbies; I'm sure I can find something to keep me busy.
  • Options
    calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_bsc-baby-names?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:0160109b-277e-4d9e-af4d-ba3df8f2c657Post:198b0b83-ab54-4a81-b19b-28442f7f4a87">Re: Be BSC With Me: Baby Names</a>:

Never heard of that before!  BF is a 3rd, but there's no way he's going by "Trip" or "Trey". 

He wants a 4th, as I mentioned, but I'm adamently opposed to it for several reasons.  I'm all for individuality and not having to live in your parents' footsteps, so giving the kid their own name is a good way to start. 

Then I've got this whole thing about having to carry the child around inside me for 9 months, but somehow it's just a miniature version of his father - what about me, darnit?! 

Then I also hate his middle name as a first name (I could compromise on keeping it a middle name, or putting his first name as a middle name), and I wouldn't want to subject a child to having to use his middle name all the time (it gets confusing in school).  And I wouldn't want to have two people with the same name living in the same house. It's already weird enough that I call BF and his dad the same thing - I don't like it.

I also worry that we'll have two boys, and the older one is the 4th, the younger one will feel like he somehow got slighted.

Also, I hate the roman numerals for the fourth (IV)... you know the kid is going to get teased about that, since it looks like IV, the needle hooked to a saline bag, ya know?

Anyway, clearly this is a strong issue with me.

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh this is a common topic in our house right now lol Tongue out

For a girl we've picked out Faye Sharon or Evelyn Marie

For a boy we are still trying to find a name we can agree on - right now we're liking Garrett or Gabriel. But that could change next week.

As far as telling people the name beforehand the only people we know we won't be telling is my side of the family. They have very strong opinions about what we should name our kid and have been throwing out suggestions since I was 6 weeks along Undecided
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sapphire - those are both such pretty names :)

I have baby fever really bad right now. But BF wants to wait like 7 years. That is not happening. I would prefer to wait 3 but I would be ok with 4 or 5.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_bsc-baby-names?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:0160109b-277e-4d9e-af4d-ba3df8f2c657Post:354bd55d-7672-4db1-8ec5-134b7f643840">Re: Be BSC With Me: Baby Names</a>:
    [QUOTE] I'm all for individuality and not having to live in your parents' footsteps, so giving the kid their own name is a good way to start.
    Posted by calindi[/QUOTE]

I'm named (first and middle name) after my aunt, who is named after my grandmother. I am no less an individual nor do I follow in either of their footsteps because of it. I actually really love that I share my name with them. We all go by different nicknames but I love that that link is there. Its actually the only thing I like about my name.

• Options
    calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've got baby fever, but I know it's not the right time for us.  I think as soon as we're married and BF is done with training and assigned his first duty station, he's going to start bugging me to begin TTC.  I'd ideally like to wait a year after that, as he's likely to do a brief deployment after his first year, and I'd want him by my side through the pregnancy if at all possible, so I'd kind of like to get the deployment out of the way first.  Who knows what life will bring, though!  I'm sure that by 2014, when he'll finally be in a duty station, I'll be going stark raving mad with baby fever so I probably won't be hard to convince!

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My favorite girl name has been Alexandra for as long as I can remember. So I'm dead set on that one. I've been a big fan of Luke, but BF is a huge Star Wars fan and doesn't want to do that to our future children. I like Troy, but that's the name of the city he lives in right now and I don't think he'd like it. His Dad's name (and BF's middle name) is Jerome and he'd like to continue it. I HATE it. Its not a name I ever would've even thought about.
  • Options
    cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    So funny story (funny now, but it wasn't then)... my sister was due in May of 2008. They weren't finding out the sex of the baby and they didn't tell anyone the names they had picked out. Well, about four months before she's due, my sister calls and says 'You won't believe this.' Friends of ours had a baby girl and named it the exact first and middle name that they'd been planning. It wasn't 'stolen' because they didn't tell a soul, but they still had to come up with another name. It had been Anna Elizabeth, the middle names of their two moms (my mom's is Anne).

Then, a week later, my sister calls me again and says that now their boys name is ruined. My mom was disappointed that my sister hadn't considered my great-grandmother and grandmother's maiden names (Ryan and Pierce). Now, my sister and I did NOT get along w/ my G-mother, so when my mom mentioned Ryan, my sister had to throw that name out the window. So in the end BOTH their names were ruined. I now have the most adorable niece named Emily Grace, and my sis is pregnant again and still isn't going to find out the sex or tell us the names. Guess I'll have to wait until June!

Anyway, BF and I talk about names but really haven't come to an agreement on them. He likes some off-the-wall names (Ocean?! Really?) and I'd like to try to use family names:

For girls:
    Millie (Mildred is my other grandma's name)
    Vivian (my great-aunt)
    Anna-Marie (my mom's middle name and my middle name)
    Zoe

For boys:
    Glenn (my dad's name)
    Warren (grandpa)
    Jeremy (BF's middle name)

Sorry to be so long-winded! :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We had this talk when before we m/c back in October and BF made a list of names he liked and I did, too and was suprised!
    For girls, there was one name that was on both of our lists, Courtney.  I think I like Courtney Annabelle but our last name will start with an "N" so her initials will be CAN.  I am not sure how I feel about that.  So I also like Faith for a middle name. 
    I LOVE the name Maizie (pronounced Mahjuh-soft "j').  It's a German name, was my great grandmothers name.  I know it'd always get pronounced phonetically but I still love it, however, I think of it in 30 years when she is an adult, Dr. Maizie Lastname, or Maizie Lastname, Attorney At Law.  Just because it's cute at 2 years old doesn't mean it will be at 32, ya know?
    On top of the fact my real name isn't common and it really kinda sucks that I can't ever find neat things with my name on it so Courtney seems rather common, no crazy spellings or anything as I would've loved to have had stuff with my name on it growing up, heck, as an adult!
    An issue I have is that Courtney was the back up name for BF with his Ex-W when they had their daughter.  I know it shouldn't matter, but part of me is bothered by it. 
    For a boy BF likes Brett, after George Brett from the KC Royals.  I'm not a fan for a variety of reasons.  One of which is that I grew up with a brother/sister combo of Brett and Sister's Name, which is BF's daughter's name and I just don't wanna do that.  Silly, I know, but I can't help it.
    I want to use one of my dad's names Dennis or Dean.  But I just don't see it working in well.  I'm a huge daddy's girl and would love to but I just don't know that it'll pan out.
    I like Wesley, Tate and Jackson. 
    And middle names could be a combo of any of those names or Brian, which is FBILs name and he and BF are close.  BF's name is rather common, too so his name could be the middle name for a boy but he is too modest to choose that or suggest it. 
    LOVE this post...I suffer from BF in a bad way...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_bsc-baby-names?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:0160109b-277e-4d9e-af4d-ba3df8f2c657Post:354bd55d-7672-4db1-8ec5-134b7f643840">Re: Be BSC With Me: Baby Names</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Be BSC With Me: Baby Names : Never heard of that before!  BF is a 3rd, but there's no way he's going by "Trip" or "Trey".  He wants a 4th, as I mentioned, but I'm adamently opposed to it for several reasons.  I'm all for individuality and not having to live in your parents' footsteps, so giving the kid their own name is a good way to start.  Then I've got this whole thing about having to carry the child around inside me for 9 months, but somehow it's just a miniature version of his father - what about me, darnit?!  Then I also hate his middle name as a first name (I could compromise on keeping it a middle name, or putting his first name as a middle name), and I wouldn't want to subject a child to having to use his middle name all the time (it gets confusing in school).  And I wouldn't want to have two people with the same name living in the same house. It's already weird enough that I call BF and his dad the same thing - I don't like it. I also worry that we'll have two boys, and the older one is the 4th, the younger one will feel like he somehow got slighted. <strong>Also, I hate the roman numerals for the fourth (IV)... you know the kid is going to get teased about that, since it looks like IV, the needle hooked to a saline bag, ya know?</strong> Anyway, clearly this is a strong issue with me.
    Posted by calindi[/QUOTE]

My BF never got made fun of for being a "IV".  The only attention he gets about it is, "Oh wow! You are a fourth?!", by dumbfounded bank tellers and other such people that pay attention to that stuff.  If I was a IV, I would hate having to write it out, the BF pretty much ignores that suffix though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards