Not Engaged Yet
Options

Friday Confessional

Re: Friday Confessional

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_friday-confessional?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:836ce47f-59c3-4288-9f33-aa1ed40321e1Post:25dd3909-9329-49f1-a3c0-aaec1110d830">Re: Friday Confessional</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Confessional : The mall makes me twitch I avoid it like the plague.
    Posted by dewingedpixie[/QUOTE]

Gift getting makes me twitch. I am so friggin' unthoughtful. Gift cards for everyone!
  • Options
    Bri: First and foremost, I love you. You're one of the most amazing women I've ever met in my whole life. Second, I think (not that you asked) that seeing someone would be really good for you. It certainly can't hurt. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with seeing someone given all that you're going through right now. And last, your biological dad made the biggest mistake he could have ever made by walking out on you. It's 100% HIS loss, not yours. You don't need someone like that in your life & he's missing out on having someone as amazing as you in his. Never forget that. 

Lauren: I love you so & can't wait to watch HP from your lap. I'm glad H is being so supportive, otherwise I'd have to come down there & injure him. Remember that it's not your fault what's going on right now, you can't help it or make it go away on your own. Once you get better you'll be doing it like.... MICE! 

• Options
    I confess that I laugh pretty hard at my own jokes some times.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_friday-confessional?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:836ce47f-59c3-4288-9f33-aa1ed40321e1Post:1874444d-9f96-4682-a646-2f4b5d4a638b">Re: Friday Confessional</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess that I laugh pretty hard at my own jokes some times.
    Posted by jenjenniferf[/QUOTE]

<div>This. I totally crack myself up.</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_friday-confessional?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:836ce47f-59c3-4288-9f33-aa1ed40321e1Post:1874444d-9f96-4682-a646-2f4b5d4a638b">Re: Friday Confessional</a>:

<div>You make me laugh All. The. Time. </div>

• Options

<div>So do I.  And if I make the same joke over and over, I laugh at myself over and over.  </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_friday-confessional?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:836ce47f-59c3-4288-9f33-aa1ed40321e1Post:100eb06e-b64a-4eee-8287-5177a801cee5">Re: Friday Confessional</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Confessional : This. I totally crack myself up.
    Posted by cu97tiger[/QUOTE]

hehe
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_friday-confessional?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:836ce47f-59c3-4288-9f33-aa1ed40321e1Post:76c7a530-597a-4b18-9c67-cb95787a6b40">Re: Friday Confessional</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess that I think I need to see a therapist. I am afraid that these really low, depressive feelings are not temporary sadness, and I don't know what to do about it. And I'm scared. I confess that I honestly believe that I will always make men disappear. I've been doing it since before I was born... my own biological father didn't want me.
    Posted by BriSox81[/QUOTE]

I went through this myself except for the father part. I know that doesnt make it any easier. Just know you are awesome as you are and someone will love you for who you are and want nothing less than that from you. Do not be afraid of those who are not ready for you in your lifethey are not worth your time. Only allow people in your life that know your worth, it makes life a lot less stressful.
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Friday Confessional:[QUOTE]In Response to Re:Friday Confessional:In Response to Re:Friday Confessional: Maybe begin saving your money, so of it comes to it, you can leave, but work on the relationship in the meantime? Perhaps set a timeline for yourself. If you are actively working on saving the relationship, and he hasn't done anything different by the time you have enough saved, maybe you'll have your answer. And if he does change, hopefully you'll find happiness with him. Good luck, I really hope you can figure it out. Remember, you're awesome an you deserve happiness!Posted by PrincessTinyFeetThis is a good idea. Thank you!! Posted by melmac86[/QUOTE]
    No problem! :D
  • Options
    Bri, I feel the same way regarding men in my life. It sucks. It took me a while but I feel like I'm slowwwwly on the path to recovery. Ish.

Also, all these confessions today kind of make me sad. I want to hug all of you... even the ones I don't really know because I just want everyone to feel happy and loved.

I confess that I think I've been going through a quarter life crisis. I just realized that I have made a LOT of big changes in my life in the past 10 months or so. Which is a good thing, but it's kinda weird. I think it just finally clicked how unhappy I was in a lot of ways, and I made the effort to change it. But I still get scared silly at times thinking about it.

Also, I confess that I realize how much I suck with guys now. It's weird for me, but I just feel like I'm not attracted to anyone that much and I don't even want to bother. Example: I went to the bank this morning and the guy at the counter was cute and my age. He was being friendly and asking questions about me, and then there's me being all awkward and monosyllabic and not even making eye contact. I hate that. I think I reached a "relationships suck" stage without even realizing it after my breakup, and I just need to get over that.
  • Options
    I should have added this one in my first post.

Confession: I do endurance athletic events out of fear. Im afraid of gaining weight, and I'm afraid of not doing everything in my life that I want to do in time due to having autoimmune arthritis. I'm terrified I'll be disabled at some point so I view it as me versus the disease if anyone is taking me out its going to be me not my immune system.
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • Options
    Bri- There is no shame in seeing a therapist.  Please go...I think everyone should go to therapy at least once.  I understand what you are feeling...especially about the dad situation (both my parents didn't really want me growing up...I have since built a great relationship with my mom but my dad has been more tricky...and now he has terminal cancer).  It causes hurts and scars that run deep and that no one "wants" to talk about.  My therapist told me once, however, "if you keep doing what you keep doing, you are going to go in circles and get the same results"...it felt like I was on auto-pilot for a while.  Sometimes you need an outside perspective to shed some light on how you can change how you act/feel/process things.  Hugs.

I confess that I don't want to travel to Wisconsin today and leave SO to take care of the above-mentioned dad.  It drains me in a way I can't describe and I want to focus on the "happy" things in life (SO, moving-in together, etc.) and not the bad (dad's terminal cancer, tension between my mom and dad, etc.). 
  • Options
    And I also confess that the above-confession made me feel so guilty I wanted to delete it out of my last post. 
  • Options
    Thank you all for the support... This is why I put in the last part of my confession. Because I know that I can confess these things to you all, and you will help. God, I love you bitches. <3

*******************************************************************************************

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_friday-confessional?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:836ce47f-59c3-4288-9f33-aa1ed40321e1Post:235bb541-831b-4b00-82fd-75de065fedb4">Re: Friday Confessional</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you all for the support... This is why I put in the last part of my confession. Because I know that I can confess these things to you all, and you will help. God, I love you bitches. <3
    Posted by BriSox81[/QUOTE]

I was actually thinking of going back to a therapist for my own current situation. I went once and she was really helpful, but I haven't gone back, because I need to work it into my budget (I paid $90 for one session). We can be couch buddies!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_friday-confessional?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:836ce47f-59c3-4288-9f33-aa1ed40321e1Post:1874444d-9f96-4682-a646-2f4b5d4a638b">Re: Friday Confessional</a>:

So, sometimes H calls our dog "turd-muffin" when the dog is misbehaving.  The other day, it came out wrong and he called the dog "toad muffin."  Ever since, I have been calling H "frog biscuit" and it makes me laugh every single time.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_friday-confessional?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:836ce47f-59c3-4288-9f33-aa1ed40321e1Post:22c185c3-ef2a-45c5-b75f-8a131f17cbe7">Re: Friday Confessional</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Confessional : So, sometimes H calls our dog "turd-muffin" when the dog is misbehaving.  The other day, it came out wrong and he called the dog "toad muffin."  Ever since, I have been calling H "frog biscuit" and it makes me laugh every single time.
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

Something tells me his new name is going to stick for a very long time. It makes me laugh too though so have at it.
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_friday-confessional?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:836ce47f-59c3-4288-9f33-aa1ed40321e1Post:22c185c3-ef2a-45c5-b75f-8a131f17cbe7">Re: Friday Confessional</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Confessional : So, sometimes H calls our dog "turd-muffin" when the dog is misbehaving.  The other day, it came out wrong and he called the dog "toad muffin."  Ever since, I have been calling H "frog biscuit" and it makes me laugh every single time.

*snort*
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_friday-confessional?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:836ce47f-59c3-4288-9f33-aa1ed40321e1Post:22c185c3-ef2a-45c5-b75f-8a131f17cbe7">Re: Friday Confessional</a>:

And why wouldn't you?  Made me laugh out loud.  :)
  • Options
    Hi, sort of new here. signed up cause im a maid of honor in my best friends wedding. also have been with my bf for awhile now and planning to eventually get married so i guess it fits.

first-no one should ever be ashamed to seek help for depression. you should take care of it exactly the same way you would with any other sickness. you deserve to be happy!

my confession: and i dont mean to sound like a ahole about it bc i know some have had opposite problems

im honestly afraid of how attracted to my bf i am. it almost doesnt even make sense and its distracting! we have been very serious for over a year now and previously had been on and off (but never really"off") for about 5 years. i should be bored of him in bed, but im not, and i just dont understand. sometimes its even hard to stand near him. i know i shouldnt question it, bc its a good thing, but its like disconcerting almost. like its not supposed to gbe that way.

• Options
    Glad to entertain you guys.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_friday-confessional?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:836ce47f-59c3-4288-9f33-aa1ed40321e1Post:f1ff80c3-daef-4653-9df5-439e4440336c">Re: Friday Confessional</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess that I'm not happy in my relationship as it is. I think that I have somehow led Mo to believe that contentment means never progressing, and I need to progress -- I cannot stagnate in my relationship or in my life. I need affection, I need sex, I need goals, I need security. I need to feel as though the person waking up next to me every morning feels like he is the luckiest guy in the world...and I want him to be positively desperate to marry me. Mo seems to want to work on these things, but I am afraid -- no, make that TERRIFIED -- that it is not going to work out. I confess that aside from the hugeness of the fact that I love Mo more than anything and not wanting to think about the possibility of relationship failure because of that, I also don't know how I'd manage financially if we were to split. We made finanical decisions together on good faith that we'd be together for the long haul -- I took my job at a lower salary, I pay him half the mortgage at a rate that would not get me a one bedroom somewhere nice, etc. It would never be a reason to stay, but it also terrifies me. Basically, I'm just scared all the time. Scared to stay and miss out on "more" ... scared to leave and lose him.<strong> I confess that I hate my body so much that sometimes I cry myself to sleep about it. I feel like everyone is staring at me thinking about how fat I am and I want to wear I sign that tells them that I'm not this way on purpose.</strong> I confess that I don't clean Tucker's cat box or Earl's wheel (where he poops) as often as I should and it makes me feel like a terrible pet parent. This guilt is compounded by the fact that I work at an animal shelter.
    Posted by LivLeighton[/QUOTE]

<div>This hurts my heart, Liv. You're BEAUTIFUL. ALL OF YOU. INSIDE & OUTSIDE. HEAD TO TOE. </div>

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_friday-confessional?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:836ce47f-59c3-4288-9f33-aa1ed40321e1Post:f1ff80c3-daef-4653-9df5-439e4440336c">Re: Friday Confessional</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess that I'm not happy in my relationship as it is. I think that I have somehow led Mo to believe that contentment means never progressing, and I need to progress -- I cannot stagnate in my relationship or in my life. I need affection, I need sex, I need goals, I need security. I need to feel as though the person waking up next to me every morning feels like he is the luckiest guy in the world...and I want him to be positively desperate to marry me. Mo seems to want to work on these things, but I am afraid -- no, make that TERRIFIED -- that it is not going to work out. I confess that aside from the hugeness of the fact that I love Mo more than anything and not wanting to think about the possibility of relationship failure because of that, I also don't know how I'd manage financially if we were to split. We made finanical decisions together on good faith that we'd be together for the long haul -- I took my job at a lower salary, I pay him half the mortgage at a rate that would not get me a one bedroom somewhere nice, etc. It would never be a reason to stay, but it also terrifies me. Basically, I'm just scared all the time. Scared to stay and miss out on "more" ... scared to leave and lose him. I confess that I hate my body so much that sometimes I cry myself to sleep about it. I feel like everyone is staring at me thinking about how fat I am and I want to wear I sign that tells them that I'm not this way on purpose. I confess that I don't clean Tucker's cat box or Earl's wheel (where he poops) as often as I should and it makes me feel like a terrible pet parent. This guilt is compounded by the fact that I work at an animal shelter.
    Posted by LivLeighton[/QUOTE]

I love you, you're gorgeous even if you never lose another pound, and <em>nobody</em> likes cleaning up animal poop.
  • Options
    Hugs to you too, Liv.  I think you look hot and, honestly, any picture I've seen with you in it... I just saw a really hot blond girl.  :)

As to your financial situation, it would be terrible if your relationship issues came down to having to move but you are a resourceful girl.  Could you get a new job or another weekend-job to supplement if need be?  Could you commute to/from a more reasonable area than Boston (which I know is super expensive)? 

As to your relationship issues, you SHOULD want and DO deserve "affection, sex, goals, security" as well as the person waking up next to you every morning feeling, at least most of the time, like he is the luckiest guy in the world.  I hope you truly believe that too.  You seem like such a wonderful person. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_friday-confessional?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:836ce47f-59c3-4288-9f33-aa1ed40321e1Post:f1ff80c3-daef-4653-9df5-439e4440336c">Re: Friday Confessional</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I confess that I'm not happy in my relationship as it is. I think that I have somehow led Mo to believe that contentment means never progressing, and I need to progress -- I cannot stagnate in my relationship or in my life. I need affection, I need sex, I need goals, I need security. I need to feel as though the person waking up next to me every morning feels like he is the luckiest guy in the world...and I want him to be positively desperate to marry me. Mo seems to want to work on these things, but I am afraid -- no, make that TERRIFIED -- that it is not going to work out.</strong> Posted by LivLeighton[/QUOTE]

You just LITERALLY took the words from my lips.  I just want you to know that you are not alone and it is a crappy way to feel when you are with someone you love so much.

• Options
    it seems like alot of people who are having issues in the bedroom also have body issues. remember, your guy is with you BECAUSE he finds you sexy and wants you. i just try to remember that bc i have alot of bad days too whehn it comes to self image. i feel like ive also read somewhere tyhat if you getting some you are more likely to feel good about yourself. no idea if thats true or not but probably worth a try.
  • Options
    I confess that I've been down lately about our job situations.  We both are in seasonal type jobs, and have been since we moved out here.  I just feel that we aren't progessing at all - we have degrees (and I'm still working on paying mine off two years later) that have given us absolutely nothing.  I'm working a job I could have got in highschool.  I just don't know what I want to do as a "career", so even though I know I should go back to school, I can't willingly put myself in so much more debt without an idea of what I'd want to do with another degree.

I confess I've been very frustrated about our lack of a timeline in terms of engagement/marriage.  I know it will happen eventually, but I really thought we'd be engaged by now, or within a year from now.  As our financial situation stands, along with the probability of us both needing to go back to school, it seems like it will be years before we are stable enough.  I'm not at all in the position of wanting to leave, I just get really sad and frustrated wondering how long it will be until we can get married.

I confess I started a really good routine of working out every day and eating better, and this week I've completly failed in keeping up with it.  I just have zero motivation lately.  It was easier when it was every single day and a routine, but once a couple of days went by without working out I've found it very hard to get started again.  
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    motoLynmotoLyn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited July 2012
    LIV!!!!

Let me tell you don't be afraid.  I was in the same situation where I was so scared to leave because financially I never be able to support myself.  But with the help of loving friends and their support I was able to find a place to live.  Help sell my Ex's truck which was under my NAME.  Not saying to leave Mo but you will survive and move on.  Don't let the fear of financial instability stop you from progressing in life. 

Also shut up girlfriend, you gorgeous and if I have to text you every morning to remind you I WILL!  Yeesh.... I'm jealous of your beauty and sense of style.  I'm so bummy next to you. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_friday-confessional?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:836ce47f-59c3-4288-9f33-aa1ed40321e1Post:07b7f7ee-bb7a-49ba-b096-502d07c0d4a4">Re: Friday Confessional</a>:
    [QUOTE]it seems like alot of people who are having issues in the bedroom also have body issues. remember, your guy is with you BECAUSE he finds you sexy and wants you. i just try to remember that bc i have alot of bad days too whehn it comes to self image. i feel like ive also read somewhere tyhat if you getting some you are more likely to feel good about yourself. no idea if thats true or not but probably worth a try.
    Posted by katiebelle2882[/QUOTE]

Not all men are interested in sex 24-7 either. For a long time in my relationship I thought there was something wrong because FI literally gets interested maybe 1 time a month and it doesnt always work out due to other things going on. We talked about it turns out no its not me its he just doesnt have that drive and never has. He loves me for me and finds me tremendously attractive its just not how he works. Note I've learned that quality is much more important than quantity from him. I'd rather get loved on a handful of times a year and feel special when it happens and loved than 4 times a week and like a piece of meat. FI is extremely loving and affectionate in other ways which compensates for the lack of chicky chicky bow wow. I have right now the most intimate happy relationship of my life.
    Sex and intimacy are different things. You can have intimacy without sex. You can have sex without intimacy.
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • Options
    cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_friday-confessional?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:836ce47f-59c3-4288-9f33-aa1ed40321e1Post:07b7f7ee-bb7a-49ba-b096-502d07c0d4a4">Re: Friday Confessional</a>:
    [QUOTE]it seems like alot of people who are having issues in the bedroom also have body issues. remember, your guy is with you BECAUSE he finds you sexy and wants you. i just try to remember that bc i have alot of bad days too whehn it comes to self image. i feel like ive also read somewhere tyhat if you getting some you are more likely to feel good about yourself. no idea if thats true or not but probably worth a try.
    Posted by katiebelle2882[/QUOTE]

<div>Thanks for the psycho-analysis, but your thought process is extremely over-simplified. And while it's great that you are SO attracted to your BF, the fact that you might be 'scared' of those feelings is ridiculous. Enjoy it. And please use one of the Shift keys on your keyboard. Thanks.</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards