Not Engaged Yet

UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva

Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva

• Confession: You read my mind with this post. Cause I'm totally not on the pill right this second and only the internet and me now know. Prob not a big deal cause it has been like 15 hours bc I just forgot to start a new pack last night. But I want babies. And I wanted to reshare this old fact.
  • I watched like 6 episodes of Girls and just couldn't get into it. I didn't really "get" it. 

Buddy: I really like MK shoes and bags. But I'm a shoe and bag hoar, so there's that. 

• Confession: DH is going to be OOT all weekend. I'm really excited to sleep in our new bed without him. . . I think this probably makes me a bad wife.

UO: I think spring is the crappiest season ever. . .but I do like that it gets lighter out, so that is nice. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_uosconfessionsflameswhateva?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:f29b7e02-b52b-42ad-8792-e4315bbcecfcPost:20d8ae4b-49b5-4a51-ac15-9b3ba2ae32ef">Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva : I got an e-mail from the Priest at my former Catholic Church before R-74 in WA was passed with this longggg rant of why I need to vote against it. It made me so angry.
    Posted by steign[/QUOTE]

I get eMails from my college all the time too telling me when I need to come to campus to set up the 'Cemetary of the Innocents' -- tiny crosses covering the entire front lawn of the campus representing the number of fetuses aborted each year or something. They also want me to go protest abortions with them as a group at abortion clinics around town. Um, guys, I'm pro-choice -- leave me alooonnneeee.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_uosconfessionsflameswhateva?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:f29b7e02-b52b-42ad-8792-e4315bbcecfcPost:4993eebf-c662-4e7c-b77d-c77d6e96fc77">Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva</a>:
    [QUOTE]Bri and Sak, I love hearing about your lives. Keep it coming. Bri, congrats on moving in with the BF!
    Posted by tarradesign[/QUOTE]

All of this!

Took the words out of my mouth ;)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_uosconfessionsflameswhateva?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:f29b7e02-b52b-42ad-8792-e4315bbcecfcPost:a00678fa-f7ae-4ce6-b11f-8b5e8f841809">Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva</a>:
    [QUOTE]Confession: DH is going to be OOT all weekend. I'm really excited to sleep in our new bed without him. . . I think this probably makes me a bad wife. <strong>UO: I think spring is the crappiest season ever. . .but I do like that it gets lighter out, so that is nice.</strong> 
    Posted by cschiano[/QUOTE]

I agree with you completely! It is still supposed to be crappy here next week and I wish we could just go from Winter to Summer, skip all the nasty rain and gross soggy grass.

Confession: I am so out of the loop on the shows you ladies talk about (most of them) because I do not have cable :(

Confession: My bff is going to get engaged in the next two months, I am super excited for her! However, I am the only one that her bf told (well I got it out of him) and I am not allowed to tell anyone, not even FI. It is so hard and I just want to squee!!

• Confession: I can't wait for the wedding to be over.  I love FI and want to marry him but I'm really effing sick of wedding planning and endless calls/emails with vendors.  I want to sit on a beach and not make a single decision other than what drink I want to imbibe next for a week.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_uosconfessionsflameswhateva?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f29b7e02-b52b-42ad-8792-e4315bbcecfcPost:8bce8ed8-8755-4d1a-86b3-781a71f79e0c">Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva</a>:
    [QUOTE]Confession: I am so out of the loop on the shows you ladies talk about (most of them) because I do not have cable :(
    Posted by Stina51286[/QUOTE]

I don't even have TV. I just have Netflix and Hulu so I'm always behind on shows lol.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_uosconfessionsflameswhateva?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f29b7e02-b52b-42ad-8792-e4315bbcecfcPost:132156cd-4947-4bba-bab1-abdde2450f71">Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva : I get eMails from my college all the time too telling me when I need to come to campus to set up the 'Cemetary of the Innocents' -- tiny crosses covering the entire front lawn of the campus representing the number of fetuses aborted each year or something. They also want me to go protest abortions with them as a group at abortion clinics around town. Um, guys, I'm pro-choice -- leave me alooonnneeee.
    Posted by ahstillwell[/QUOTE]

Ummmm I'm glad my college was Catholic in name only. The only real "Catholic" thing was that they didn't sell condoms or have them at the health clinic. They also sometimes held prayers during lunch on "important" days (9/11, Good Friday, after the Japan tsunami, etc)
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_uosconfessionsflameswhateva?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f29b7e02-b52b-42ad-8792-e4315bbcecfcPost:9b07428b-025d-4314-8fa6-6ae8fa7719e1">Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva</a>:
    [QUOTE]Confession: I can't wait for the wedding to be over.  I love FI and want to marry him but I'm really effing sick of wedding planning and endless calls/emails with vendors.  I want to sit on a beach and not make a single decision other than what drink I want to imbibe next for a week.
    Posted by minskat30[/QUOTE]
    This is legit. It is an exhausting process. The honeymoon is so necessary to decompress. 
  • Confession: I'm not trying to start a religious debate (no offense to the Catholics, for reals) but I was LIVID when I found out yesterday that the new pope equates gay couples adopting children as child abuse. Really dude? REALLY? After everything that has gone on in the Catholic Church for YEARS, you're going to say that a loving couple adopting a child is ABUSE??

Excuse me while my head explodes.

UO(?): I don't get organized religion. At all.

*******************************************************************************************

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_uosconfessionsflameswhateva?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:f29b7e02-b52b-42ad-8792-e4315bbcecfcPost:e19efcb0-98af-44b1-9323-a8943f90d66b">Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva</a>:
    [QUOTE]Confession: I'm not trying to start a religious debate (no offense to the Catholics, for reals) <strong>but I was LIVID when I found out yesterday that the new pope equates gay couples adopting children as child abuse.</strong> Really dude? REALLY? After everything that has gone on in the Catholic Church for YEARS, you're going to say that a loving couple adopting a child is ABUSE?? Excuse me while my head explodes. UO(?): I don't get organized religion. At all.
    Posted by BriSox81[/QUOTE]
    <strong>YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES THIS.
    </strong>
    I'm also in the idgi school of organized religion. I consider myself Buddhist, but I also think of Buddhism as more of a philosophy than a religion.

• I'm going to skip the UOs since you all know how my last unpopular opinion went over here (yes, I'm talking about the cheese thing!).  Therefore, I will just stick with confessions:

1.  I've been hardcore dieting for almost a month, and I'm pretty sure I've lost about a pound.  I think I have a thyroid problem :(
    2.  BF keeps making jokes about marriage/engagement, and I secretly can't stand it.  I don't want to get all pissy because I don't want to discourage talking about those things, but I don't really think it's funny anymore and I want him to be taking it more seriously.  The next time I hear "marry me" come out of his mouth it had better be because he's proposing--not because I made his favorite dinner.
    3.  I feel a little like the kid from the chess club trying to sit at the popular lunch table around here, so I just wanted to say sowwy if I'm coming off as a nuisance!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_uosconfessionsflameswhateva?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f29b7e02-b52b-42ad-8792-e4315bbcecfcPost:fc38892a-97ba-4bec-bd7c-ad4fa7dec7af">Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva</a>:
    [QUOTE]Confession: Within the last week, three friends have gotten engaged and two friends have decided to move in with their SO's. I'm (truly) psyched for all of them, but I feel bad about the state of my relationship because B hasn't even told me he loves me yet. Yes, it's not a competition, blah, blah, blah, but I can't help but feel like we are stalled.
    Posted by LivLeighton[/QUOTE]

Mine and BF's relationship moved pretty slowly at first. I don't know how long you and B have been together but it took BF six months to tell me he loved me. He just doesn't take those words lightly at all and wanted to be sure that he meant it. But I had worries too when I saw that my friends relationships were moving faster. Things worked out for us though and I'm really glad he took his time in saying it rather than saying it because he thought he was supposed to or to keep up with anyone else.

Have you said "I love you"?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_uosconfessionsflameswhateva?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:f29b7e02-b52b-42ad-8792-e4315bbcecfcPost:90370273-b8f1-48ca-97d2-76bfdbf33ade">Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva</a>:
    [QUOTE]UO:  I'm Catholic and I love my faith (I promise that was not meant to be a dig at  ahstillwell ).
    Posted by TXKristan[/QUOTE]

And I think that you're very fair in discussions and seem enlightened in debate. It's like... I know you're Catholic and I respect that, but I feel like you're also respectful of other world views and aren't hateful while discussing the beliefs of the Catholic church. There are a couple of people on the Catholic boards who I feel like they are really holier than thou art about all religions and belief structures that aren't Catholicism, and I just can't support that kind of attitude.

But I like you, and I like your posts. I've also read some of your blog and thought you were very well versed there as well.

I had one of the highest grades in moral theology in my class in college. The professor, an extremely devout Catholic man with multiple doctorates in theology, knew that I wasn't Christian but graded me on the prowess and even handedness I displayed in my essays on the Bible and Catechism. I didn't do well in Catholic ethics because the professor did not like my views or debate and rode my ass whenever I would bring up the opposite viewpoint. He had no interest in hearing the other side. I feel like there are a few like him participating in the Catholic boards.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_uosconfessionsflameswhateva?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f29b7e02-b52b-42ad-8792-e4315bbcecfcPost:9dcc1c97-a29f-4a76-bae0-38b1eb5fb064">Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva</a>:
    [QUOTE]2.  BF keeps making jokes about marriage/engagement, and I secretly can't stand it.  I don't want to get all pissy because I don't want to discourage talking about those things, but I don't really think it's funny anymore and I want him to be taking it more seriously.  The next time I hear "marry me" come out of his mouth it had better be because he's proposing--not because I made his favorite dinner.
    Posted by Belle2188[/QUOTE]

If it bothers you, you should say something. Don't just let your frustration build until you explode. That's not fair to him. You can't expect him to read your mind.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_uosconfessionsflameswhateva?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f29b7e02-b52b-42ad-8792-e4315bbcecfcPost:0d3337ff-f15a-46c7-9a2d-acab2e174820">Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva : If it bothers you, you should say something. Don't just let your frustration build until you explode. That's not fair to him. You can't expect him to read your mind.
    Posted by bethsmiles[/QUOTE]
    Maybe...I don't know, I'm not really the type to explode so that's not really an issue here.  I don't expect him to read my mind--I know he's not intentionally upsetting me and I'm not mad at him for it.  I tend to be the suffer in silence type, which isn't really my best quality...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Aww...I'm sorry Liv. I've been there. I really have. I said I love to BF about 3 months before he said it. Hopefully B will say it soon because you are fantastic!

• LFF for Kristan and being awesome and even keeled, I was kind of surprised about that creation of Adam gif, but I think it made me respect you even more - you are devout in your own sense, but don't take it too seriously. You aren't a pusher like, as ahstill mentioned some of the other ladies there are (I've witnessed myself) and aren't going to argue a point that will never be resolved. You're beautiful :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_uosconfessionsflameswhateva?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:f29b7e02-b52b-42ad-8792-e4315bbcecfcPost:d36c979a-9cac-4280-b741-bdd869f0bee6">Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva</a>:
    [QUOTE]LFF for Kristan and being awesome and even keeled, I was kind of surprised about that creation of Adam gif, but I think it made me respect you even more - you are devout in your own sense, but don't take it too seriously. You aren't a pusher like, as ahstill mentioned some of the other ladies there are (I've witnessed myself) and aren't going to argue a point that will never be resolved. You're beautiful :)
    Posted by sydaries[/QUOTE]

Agree with this so, so much. Some people display their religious pride so naturally that you know they're the truly devout -- their love for humanity is apparent, and even if their religious views don't mesh with your own, you don't feel insulted or unloved by them. That's the way it's supposed to be.

• I confess that I feel like crap because BF & I have been together the same amount of time as Liv & B, and I'm one of the friends she's talking about in her post :-/

*******************************************************************************************

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_uosconfessionsflameswhateva?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:f29b7e02-b52b-42ad-8792-e4315bbcecfcPost:853da363-9606-4af7-8bb2-35b7b92b95b4">Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva : We've been together a bit over 4 months exclusively. He has never really been in love before and said that when he says it he wants to be 100% sure. But I've been sure since about a month in, so the fact that he's not sure and feels apprehensive about that "next step" is worrisome to me. Mostly, I'll admit, because of what I went through with Mo. I do know that once he says it he will mean it and have really thought it out, so I appreciate it, but the last time we talked about it was New Years Eve and it's now been months beyond that and still nothing. I haven't said the words "I love you" to him yet, but he knows that I do...that's how the conversation came up on New Years Eve. He said he knew how I felt about him and that he wasn't ready to say that yet. So I'm trying to let him get there on his own, but am finding it increasingly frustrating.

FI and I were the same way. I was out of a long relationship (it ended 7 months before we started dating). I think it was late summer early fall I believe that he finally said it and we started dating in May. I was not going to say it first. When he does say it, you will get butterflies, thats for sure. I was also FI's first "real" girlfriend and the first one he brought home to his parents.

• Hrmm... Not sure if I'm intruding, but the FFF in E is turning into hot waters, and has it's own roll right now. UO: I haaate the show True Blood too. I have read the book series for years, and can't stand that HBO turned Sookie into a bare chested bimbo. In fact, i can't even read the series anymore. Confession: I am ashamed that I didn't know about this cool corner of the knot universe previously!!
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Huge flame for TK: deleting my post after I had it all written out. 

A tiny flame: Still, for going onto the Catholic boards knowing it's going to make her angry because she doesn't believe what they do. It just seems immature and childish to go to a board, knowing you're going to sit there and pick apart the poster's beliefs. 

Confession: I want to meet Kristen IRL, but I'm afriad it's too soon.

Confession: I have bridal brain. Bad. And I'm afraid I'm annoying my friends. 

Confession: I HATE HATE HATE breaking bad, mainly bc the main character has (lung?) cancer and I can't handle it. Same reason I cried through The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks and why, even though it's one of my faves of his, I will never read it again. I can't handle it. 

Jen: OMG BEHBEHS!!!!!

Confession: 2 of my close friends have told me they're pregnant, but I can't tell a soul!!!!! And I'm going to be the godmother of one! I've created a secret board on Pinterest for baby stuff. 
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_uosconfessionsflameswhateva?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f29b7e02-b52b-42ad-8792-e4315bbcecfcPost:f3acfbbe-5d83-4cd4-b102-249ec3f384dc">Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva : How old were you guys? I guess I also feel like at age 31 he should be able to get his act together and know for sure he's in love with me (which I think he is).
    If you think he's in love with you, he probably is.  If he's 31 and he's never said it before, it's probably scary for him.  My boyfriend told me he loved me after about six months and has since said that he knew long before that, he just wasn't actually ready to say it because he never had before.  While you may think that he's a grown man and should be able to just know and just say it, I tend to think we get more skeptical with age and things like that get more nerve-racking.  Just my two-cents :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited March 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_uosconfessionsflameswhateva?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f29b7e02-b52b-42ad-8792-e4315bbcecfcPost:ee84a6eb-a3c9-4819-b401-58864205efb7">Re:UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hrmm... Not sure if I'm intruding, but the FFF in E is turning into hot waters, and has it's own roll right now. UO: I haaate the show True Blood too. I have read the book series for years, and can't stand that HBO turned Sookie into a bare chested bimbo. In fact, i can't even read the series anymore. Confession: I am ashamed that I didn't know about this cool corner of the knot universe previously!!
    Posted by Peledreamsofrain[/QUOTE]

<div>I always say I'm going to try out True Blood and I never do. I'm not really into the vampire stuff (although I will admit, I've read and seen all of the Twilights) so I don't know whether I'd like it or not. </div><div>
    </div><div>Feel free to visit anytime :)</div>

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_uosconfessionsflameswhateva?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f29b7e02-b52b-42ad-8792-e4315bbcecfcPost:993b376e-82a6-454c-9615-9aa20e412798">Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva : CYPM  

<div>OMG YAY!!!!!!! YGPM back</div>

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_uosconfessionsflameswhateva?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:f29b7e02-b52b-42ad-8792-e4315bbcecfcPost:237b906c-995a-4cd5-b8cf-4707f831d621">Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva</a>:
    [QUOTE] A tiny flame: Still, for going onto the Catholic boards knowing it's going to make her angry because she doesn't believe what they do. It just seems immature and childish to go to a board, knowing you're going to sit there and pick apart the poster's beliefs. 
    Posted by audrewuh[/QUOTE]
    I actually didn't even notice it existed until I got interested in the Catholic response to Pope Benedict abdicating. I started looking at posts started by other people about birth control and gay marriage -- I'd never start posts like that myself because that's not my style -- and was dumbfounded by some of the responses, like that going to the ER to get fluids for hyperemesis should be free like birth control is. One is a service, the other is handing a container of pills. Yes, the ER visit is more important because it's for life sustainment, but it's like comparing apples to oranges.

I don't post a whole lot on those boards, but sometimes, I'll say something because it just bothers me so badly. I want to know more details about some of the things being said. I don't go busting in ripping down all of their belief structures, but I really would like to know what is the reason for saying things like gay people adopting children is child abuse because I just don't understand.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_uosconfessionsflameswhateva?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f29b7e02-b52b-42ad-8792-e4315bbcecfcPost:f74d279c-8660-47e5-83d9-0d90f2deec71">Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva : I actually didn't even notice it existed until I got interested in the Catholic response to Pope Benedict abdicating. I started looking at posts started by other people about birth control and gay marriage -- I'd never start posts like that myself because that's not my style -- and was dumbfounded by some of the responses, like that going to the ER to get fluids for hyperemesis should be free like birth control is. One is a service, the other is handing a container of pills. Yes, the ER visit is more important because it's for life sustainment, but it's like comparing apples to oranges. I don't post a whole lot on those boards, but sometimes, I'll say something because it just bothers me so badly. I want to know more details about some of the things being said. I don't go busting in ripping down all of their belief structures, but I really would like to know what is the reason for saying things like gay people adopting children is child abuse because I just don't understand.
    Posted by ahstillwell[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Okay, thanks for clarifying. That makes a whoooooole lot more sense than the first impression I got. </div><div>
    </div><div>In my mind, I saw Still going: oh man, I'm bored, let's go over to the Catholic board! Those broads sure do believe some stupid stuff. OMG LOOK AT ALL THE STUPID BULLSH!T!!!!! RAAAAWWWWWWRRRRRR!!!! </div><div>
    </div><div>I'm glad that's not the case. :) Also, if you ever have a question about the protestant faith, feel free to ask me. I love those kinds of conversations. 

</div>

• s-aries8990s-aries8990 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited March 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_uosconfessionsflameswhateva?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f29b7e02-b52b-42ad-8792-e4315bbcecfcPost:044b93dc-89dd-4d27-9295-e8a25f3a1447">Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva :<strong> Awww, thanks.  There is a scripture verse that talks about how our role is not to please other people, but to please God.  I have to admit, I'm human.  I don't like people not liking me.  </strong> And, people forget that Catholic guys have pen!ses, too.  And we can be just as immature about sex too.  

I believe that it is more important to show respect and love for others than to push the Catholic doctrine for venial sins where there will be no Catholic resoluton (like bc or gay marriage debates - I support, but its a debate I won't get into with a opposing Catholic because I fully respect their views and understand their basis, but know we will never ever agree).

And I blame Clement (I think it was) because the fig leaves make us forget!

ETA: for a bit more clarity
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards