Not Engaged Yet

UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva

1235»

Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_uosconfessionsflameswhateva?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:f29b7e02-b52b-42ad-8792-e4315bbcecfcPost:f84ad882-0cd3-4e3c-8137-4efd315175f4">Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva : Damn I was just getting to know you and click together and you drop this bomb on ME!   I love SCUBA and seeing fish, turtles, octopi and various sea mammals.  How can you not like whales and dolphins?!  HOW?  *little part of me just died*
    Posted by motoLyn[/QUOTE]

Agreed. SCUBA is the best thing ever. My dad and I are both NAUI certified and I can't wait until we can go out to California together again so we can go diving off of Catalina like when I was younger.

Tyler can't SCUBA with me because he can't swim. He also thinks that the Pacific Ocean is the worst ocean ever because it's cold. I, on the other hand, think the Pacific is the best because it's cold. The Atlantic and I have never gotten along :|.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_uosconfessionsflameswhateva?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f29b7e02-b52b-42ad-8792-e4315bbcecfcPost:46cc1bfa-ccdc-4878-a617-88942bd4f75f">Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva</a>:
    [QUOTE]My worst nightmare is scuba diving because then I can actually SEE what is in the ocean with me, and/or being in the middle of the ocean/lake/pond in the water. With the fishes, whales, and dolphins. UO: I don't like whales or dolphins.
    Posted by jenjenniferf[/QUOTE]

<div>When my dad had his boat, we'd go tubing, and I would hang on to the tube for dear life simply so I didn't have to sit in the water and wait for the boat to come around and get me. I was always (still am) afraid that fish or sharks or jellyfish are going to come up and attack me and I'll die. </div>
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • When I was snorkeling in Aruba, it was over a shipwreck, and I was convinced that some crazy sea monster/creature/ghost was going to come out of it while I was looking at it. And I'm NOT afraid of the ocean.

The Pacific is cold?? And the Atlantic is warm?? Still, you need to come swimming with me in Maine if you like cold ocean... I'm talking, numb coldness up there.

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_uosconfessionsflameswhateva?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f29b7e02-b52b-42ad-8792-e4315bbcecfcPost:bb6d641b-7e88-4ddd-b027-4c858d544e03">Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva : Agreed. SCUBA is the best thing ever. My dad and I are both NAUI certified and I can't wait until we can go out to California together again so we can go diving off of Catalina like when I was younger. Tyler can't SCUBA with me because he can't swim. He also thinks that the Pacific Ocean is the worst ocean ever because it's cold. I, on the other hand, think the Pacific is the best because it's cold. The Atlantic and I have never gotten along :|.
    Posted by ahstillwell[/QUOTE]

The Pacific is warm it depends on WHERE you are in comparison.  The water in Hawaii is so nice, further south of Cali the water is warmer.  Its all due to the convection currents.  The water along the Atlantic seaboard is coming up from the equator and the gulf.  While the water along the Pacific seaboard is coming from the north (Bering sea/Alaska).  I love diving Catalina.  Hubs and I are going to do a couple of dives out there this summer.  Last summer it the water so warm that I was able to surf in my swim suit no need for a wetsuit.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_uosconfessionsflameswhateva?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f29b7e02-b52b-42ad-8792-e4315bbcecfcPost:2f6dabc0-84cb-4ace-9e97-e08782b85c4f">Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva</a>:
    [QUOTE]When I was snorkeling in Aruba, it was over a shipwreck, and I was convinced that some crazy sea monster/creature/ghost was going to come out of it while I was looking at it. And I'm NOT afraid of the ocean. The Pacific is cold?? And the Atlantic is warm?? Still, you need to come swimming with me in Maine if you like cold ocean... I'm talking, numb coldness up there.
    Posted by BriSox81[/QUOTE]

<div>I DID THIS TOO! </div><div>
    </div><div>I was terrified. I kept imagining a shark swimming straight up from the "dark water" and breaching while catching me in his mouth like a seal.</div>

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_uosconfessionsflameswhateva?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f29b7e02-b52b-42ad-8792-e4315bbcecfcPost:84c3e3a4-17c4-4808-a817-6f37f0b82734">Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks smooch, lm, and leia! I think that historically I have had boyfriends fall for me really quickly and been ready to express it VERY early so this is throwing me for a loop for sure. It's really, really good to hear that other people in great relationships waited and it was OK. Leia, I think I'd be really upset if B said it when he was drunk. I also get emotional when drunk so I've been trying not to get super hammered and say it to him accidentally.
    Posted by LivLeighton[/QUOTE]
    DH told me for the first time in the middle of sex. . .this is possibly worse than drunk? I guess it turned out alright. lol
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_uosconfessionsflameswhateva?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:f29b7e02-b52b-42ad-8792-e4315bbcecfcPost:2f6dabc0-84cb-4ace-9e97-e08782b85c4f">Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva</a>:
    [QUOTE]The Pacific is cold?? And the Atlantic is warm?? Still, you need to come swimming with me in Maine if you like cold ocean... I'm talking, numb coldness up there.

Well, I took him to Big Corona in April, so it was still a little chilly. Not as bad as when I went to the beach in La Push, Washington (we went to Forks -- it was horrible) in May, but still pretty chilly. My Atlantic experiences are of Tybee Island. We went to Savannah one summer and got all excited when we saw ocean because it was going to be refreshing like in Newport Beach. WRONG. That ish was BATHWATER.

Tyler wants all water to be the temperature of the Gulf of Mexico. I say NAY.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_uosconfessionsflameswhateva?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f29b7e02-b52b-42ad-8792-e4315bbcecfcPost:3791005d-7d19-471e-adb2-3924c1e52403">Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva : The Pacific is warm it depends on <strong>WHERE you are in comparison</strong>.  The water in Hawaii is so nice, further south of Cali the water is warmer.  Its all due to the convection currents.  The water along the <strong>Atlantic seaboard is coming up from the equator and the gulf</strong>.  While the water along the Pacific seaboard is coming from the north (Bering sea/Alaska).  I love diving Catalina.  Hubs and I are going to do a couple of dives out there this summer.  Last summer it the water so warm that I was able to surf in my swim suit no need for a wetsuit.

Not in New England! It comes from Canada and the Labrador current so even in Mid-August (the hottest temps here) it is still only in the 60's aka effing freezing.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_uosconfessionsflameswhateva?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f29b7e02-b52b-42ad-8792-e4315bbcecfcPost:fa8a1ef2-971d-4b28-9b5f-27a85e99b66c">Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva : We'd been dating six months when H said it, and he was drunk at the time. He gets very emotional when drunk. I still haven't really forgiven him for that.
    Posted by leia1979[/QUOTE]

<div>DH and I said it the day we first met, which was roughly 2.5 months into our relationship... though we count that first day laying eyes on each other as our official start. He said it first. It had been SO hard to say on the phone in the days leading up to us meeting but I was like 'hey crazypants, you haven't even MET him yet! Slow your roll.'</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_uosconfessionsflameswhateva?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f29b7e02-b52b-42ad-8792-e4315bbcecfcPost:f84ad882-0cd3-4e3c-8137-4efd315175f4">Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva : Damn I was just getting to know you and click together and you drop this bomb on ME!   I love SCUBA and seeing fish, turtles, octopi and various sea mammals.  How can you not like whales and dolphins?!  HOW?  *little part of me just died*

Aw. I'm not a hater of them... I just... Well they have their place in the water, and I have mine on land. Most of the time I spend out in boats I am picturing a whale swimming itself as fast as possible from the depths of the ocean to the air and I about pass out in fear. Something about these beings swimming like they do in water gives me nightmares. Or at the aquarium how they have that open at the top tank with lots of fishes inside. I swear gravity is working against me and propeling me into that tank. Where I will be a person without land directly beneath me (vs. a fish out of water?) and they will touch me with their bodies and I will have a panic attack.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_uosconfessionsflameswhateva?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f29b7e02-b52b-42ad-8792-e4315bbcecfcPost:a5b381ae-e254-467d-ada6-6123719f523e">Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva : DH and I said it the day we first met, which was roughly 2.5 months into our relationship... though we count that first day laying eyes on each other as our official start. He said it first. It had been SO hard to say on the phone in the days leading up to us meeting but I was like 'hey crazypants, you haven't even MET him yet! Slow your roll.'
    Posted by cu97tiger[/QUOTE]

<div>Tiger, I freaking LOVE your "relationship story" so so so much. It's like a modern-day magical fairytale or something.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_uosconfessionsflameswhateva?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f29b7e02-b52b-42ad-8792-e4315bbcecfcPost:a5b381ae-e254-467d-ada6-6123719f523e">Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva : DH and I said it the day we first met, which was roughly 2.5 months into our relationship... though we count that first day laying eyes on each other as our official start. He said it first. It had been SO hard to say on the phone in the days leading up to us meeting but I was like 'hey crazypants, you haven't even MET him yet! Slow your roll.'
    Posted by cu97tiger[/QUOTE]

<div>I remember you told me this after I got to FL and told you guys that we had said it over NYE and I was terrified that everyone was going to judge me for it.  We had been together since the middle of December, and talking since Thanksgiving, and he just managed to blurt it out before I did while we were snuggled up together in bed.  I knew I loved him when he bought me Planet Earth and Life (David Attenborough edition) for Christmas though.</div>
    I french with my man
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_uosconfessionsflameswhateva?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:f29b7e02-b52b-42ad-8792-e4315bbcecfcPost:5492d09d-420e-4900-ba95-5283d075d9fe">Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva : I remember you told me this after I got to FL and told you guys that we had said it over NYE and I was terrified that everyone was going to judge me for it.  We had been together since the middle of December, and talking since Thanksgiving, and he just managed to blurt it out before I did while we were snuggled up together in bed.  I<strong> knew I loved him when he bought me Planet Earth and Life (David Attenborough edition) for Christmas though.
    </strong>Posted by peekaboo2011[/QUOTE]

Those two editions are literally the only real, worth-watching, collections anyway. Good for him!

• edited March 2013
    Liv- FI said it for the first time about 4-5 months in and he said it after an argument.  An argument that had me crying in the shower...I got back into bed after that with puffy eyes and laid down and he grabbed me and told me he loved me.  Not the most romantic to be told you are loved with puffy eyes because your BF is afraid you are going to leave him.  I don't recommend it.  LOL.  He made up for it with the proposal though, I will give him that....you can look forward to that one day maybe.  ;)

ETA: This is "minskat 30" with the white dog avatar...sh!t I lost my password for even my home "minstak 31" account.
  • I don't have an UOs, but I flame myself for not being around any more. Every time I pop in, I'm like, "NEY is awesome. Why don't I come around more?" And then I get distracted and neglect to come back. That's what a 9 month old who is into EVERYTHING will do to you.

I confess that I just spent the last 20 minutes trying to contain gigglesnorts at my desk while scrolling through arrested development gifs. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I flame myself for not popping in all freaking day and missing the fun:(

Liv-  I drunkenly said it to FI one night about 4 months into our relationship.  I 100% knew I had said it the next day, but really wished it had been on sober terms.   I let it go because I knew he wasn't ready to say it back.  

About a month later, we had driven to my hometown for a wedding and then to WI for the weekend.  My sister was in town, and demanded we come back and pick her up at my parents so she wouldn't have to take the Metra with her luggage.  We made the 4 hour drive back to pick her up to find her not ready and refusing to come out of the bathroom.  My mother asked us to take her luggage and she would put her on the train.  I was furious, but FI politely agreed.  As we drove to Chicago and I started to vent, he just calmly looks over at me at says its okay he did it because he loves me.

I'm sure your BF feels the same way about you and will say it in his own time.  When it does come the wait will be worth it!

photo bridalparty.jpg
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_uosconfessionsflameswhateva?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f29b7e02-b52b-42ad-8792-e4315bbcecfcPost:e02d68e6-a50a-43eb-87c6-6b0430fe429f">Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't have an UOs, but I flame myself for not being around any more. Every time I pop in, I'm like, "NEY is awesome. Why don't I come around more?" And then I get distracted and neglect to come back. That's what a 9 month old who is into EVERYTHING will do to you. I confess that I just spent the last 20 minutes trying to contain gigglesnorts at my desk while scrolling through arrested development gifs. 
    Posted by desertsun[/QUOTE]

<div>I MISS YOUR FACE.</div>
    I french with my man
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_uosconfessionsflameswhateva?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f29b7e02-b52b-42ad-8792-e4315bbcecfcPost:7bcf43e7-8797-4be8-a5bf-92bbdaff4a7c">Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva</a>:
    [QUOTE]I flame Pele for saying the E FFF was getting hot, which made me rush over and be horribly disappointed. The most flamable thing over there was Liatris saying I need to have my burgers cooked well done. I want that shiz mooing, b!tch!

<div>
    </div><div>Haha, sorry bout that, I was a bit early.  I'm kinda good at seeing incoming sh!tstorms.  Probably because I get into trouble a lot :P.</div>
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited March 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_uosconfessionsflameswhateva?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f29b7e02-b52b-42ad-8792-e4315bbcecfcPost:e02d68e6-a50a-43eb-87c6-6b0430fe429f">Re: UOs/Confessions/Flames/Whateva</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't have an UOs, but I flame myself for not being around any more. Every time I pop in, I'm like, "NEY is awesome. Why don't I come around more?" And then I get distracted and neglect to come back. That's what a 9 month old who is into EVERYTHING will do to you. I confess that I just spent the last 20 minutes trying to contain gigglesnorts at my desk while scrolling through arrested development gifs. 
    Posted by desertsun[/QUOTE]
    I miss your face too! <3  But I sort of understand with the baby and all... sort of.
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards