Snarky Brides
Options

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

So, let's hear your unpopular or controversial opinions.

Here's mine (I'm stealing it from the other thread):

I think it's selfish for very old people to have children since they might not make it to see the kid into adulthood.

GO!

Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

• Options
    edited July 2010
    I think birth control should be required to be on welfare.  I get why this isn't a viable option, what with personal liberties and all, but f*ck you.  If you're living on my money, you shouldn't be popping out more kids I have to pay for.

"Whatever East. You're just mad I RSVP'd "lame" to your pre-wedding sleepover."
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fight-fight-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:033ce228-8086-42c2-9996-9015e7423449Post:01bacf8e-dbc4-4ad0-9d61-09eae891f86a">Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think birth control should be required to be on welfare.  I get why this isn't a viable option, what with personal liberties and all, but f*ck you.  If you're living on my money, you shouldn't be popping out more kids I have to pay for. 
    Posted by eastunder1[/QUOTE]

My creepy love for you grows more and more every day.  I kid you not, I was just about to write pretty much this exact same thing.  I think I said it in a thread not too long ago here too.

Now I have to think of something new.  Crap.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    I think punching someone of the same gender in the face really hard one time shouldn't be assault or battery. Oh the times I would have hit someone if this were true...
  • Options
    I have a feeling that I will get flamed for this but you asked....

I think that it's selfish for people to expect insurance to pay for them to go through years of expensive fertility treatments for high risk preganancies for multiples and then expect more handouts when they have the kids.....

especially when there are so many children in need of good homes.
  • Options
    I'm pro-choice.

I don't think illegal aliens should be given free health care (it was an issue around here a couple years ago).

I'd have no problem if the government brought back the Prohibition.

BMs look better when their dresses all match.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fight-fight-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:033ce228-8086-42c2-9996-9015e7423449Post:01bacf8e-dbc4-4ad0-9d61-09eae891f86a">Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think birth control should be required to be on welfare.  I get why this isn't a viable option, what with personal liberties and all, but f*ck you.  If you're living on my money, you shouldn't be popping out more kids I have to pay for.

I wish we could "like" posts b/c I would be on this like white on rice.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fight-fight-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:033ce228-8086-42c2-9996-9015e7423449Post:03075662-3d66-47c3-b51c-e30456d43d71">Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have a feeling that I will get flamed for this but you asked.... I think that it's selfish for people to expect insurance to pay for them to go through years of expensive fertility treatments for high risk preganancies for multiples and then expect more handouts when they have the kids..... especially when there are so many children in need of good homes.
    Posted by mrscarter052011[/QUOTE]

Totally! I had no idea insurance companies pay for that. Yet, my mom had to pay for half of her chemo? Hmm.
  • Options
    I don't want pets, except the water frogs who swim around in their cool little aquarium in Chloe's room. I can barely keep up with myself and my kids. I can't handle a pet. I love animals, I just don't want them invading my house and causing me more work.

I think if you get married in a church and are a member of a church, you need to follow their belief system or leave. You don't get to pick and choose which rules work for you. If you disagree with their beliefs you aren't in the right place to worship.

I don't want kids. Oh, wait...
  • Options
    I think giving more sympathy to victims of different sex domestic violence than to same sex random violence victims doesn't make a ton of sense.  (I mean, as a one time domestic violence situation, not a prolonged one.)

• Options
    I think the negative connotation surrounding welfare is damaging.

I say that because my family was on welfare when my brother had cancer. My parent's had insurance, but the company decided chemo was a medication and wouldn't cover it. For him to qualify for medicare (medicaid?) my dad had to cut his hours and qualify for welfare. Even with that, seven years of outrageous medical bills forced them to file for bankruptcy.

My parents both worked. My Mom wasn't popping out kids for more money. They just had a kid with cancer, and couldn't afford the medical bills.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fight-fight-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:033ce228-8086-42c2-9996-9015e7423449Post:03075662-3d66-47c3-b51c-e30456d43d71">Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have a feeling that I will get flamed for this but you asked.... I think that it's selfish for people to expect insurance to pay for them to go through years of expensive fertility treatments for high risk preganancies for multiples and then expect more handouts when they have the kids..... especially when there are so many children in need of good homes.
    Posted by mrscarter052011[/QUOTE]

No flaming from me on this one.
  • Options
    CellesCelles member
    Combo Breaker First Comment

I have never used a drug in my life.  However, I believe that marijuana (and potentially other things; I'd have to do more research to decide how far I'd take this) should be legalized and taxed.  

The war on drugs isn't working. 

• Options
    I think if a woman is up in a guys face hardcore or hits him first, she has it coming to get it hit back once.  These trashtastic women thinking they can do anything they want to a man to provoke him without fear of retribution is crap. 

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fight-fight-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:033ce228-8086-42c2-9996-9015e7423449Post:b8c6b9a1-edad-4f74-a98d-2d3e836fa67d">Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I don't want pets,</strong> except the water frogs who swim around in their cool little aquarium in Chloe's room. I can barely keep up with myself and my kids. I can't handle a pet. I love animals, I just don't want them invading my house and causing me more work. I think if you get married in a church and are a member of a church, you need to follow their belief system or leave. You don't get to pick and choose which rules work for you. If you disagree with their beliefs you aren't in the right place to worship. I don't want kids. Oh, wait...
    Posted by BecW2be[/QUOTE]

Bec, you took mine! I would be perfectly happy to never own pets. I like dogs but I hate dog hair and I really don't want to be tied down on the weekends. I'm enjoying no babies or pets and we can just take off last minute for a weekend getaway.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fight-fight-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:033ce228-8086-42c2-9996-9015e7423449Post:c878ea36-ee8b-478d-a571-2b9214f58f2b">Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think the negative connotation surrounding welfare is damaging. I say that because my family was on welfare when my brother had cancer. My parent's had insurance, but the company decided chemo was a medication and wouldn't cover it. For him to qualify for medicare (medicaid?) my dad had to cut his hours and qualify for welfare. Even with that, seven years of outrageous medical bills forced them to file for bankruptcy. My parents both worked. My Mom wasn't popping out kids for more money. They just had a kid with cancer, and couldn't afford the medical bills.
    Posted by jasmineh7777[/QUOTE]

As with any situation, there are always cases like your families where everyone was doing the best they could and life just got out of control for a while.  BUT I think that is the exception rather than the rule.  The system is broken. 

• Options
    I'll probably get flamed for this.

Teachers are not overpaid, but we are overworked.  I do not get "free" summer vacations, I don't get paid in the summer AT ALL.  The salary I am paid barely pays my bills for the entire year and any extras that I DO have I work my ass off in side jobs to get.  In addition to providing a meaningful and challenging education, I am expected to mother my students, teach them values and etiquette, build their self-esteem, and remember the myriad social/emotional/physical issues they have while maintaining confidentiality.

I have a college degree and am pushed to further my education, which I pay for myself.  I am a professional.  It takes intelligence, grace, and patience to do my job and many people wouldn't cut it. 

I LOVE my job, but I also did not take a vow of poverty.
  • Options
    I find people getting away with shooting/stabbing/injuring/killing people in gang or drug related violence to be a major downfall of our system.  I get that the problem "takes care of itself" in that way, and that it's hard to figure out who did it, and that the public in general doesn't care about most gang members, or they got their "just desserts" or whatever.  But every day innocent people die in gang or drug related violence because many law enforcement agencies don't do it enough to stop it for the above reasons. 

• Options
    I don't mind paying taxes, not even a little. I enjoy all the things my taxes pay for and I'd be willing to pay even more in taxes for things like free healthcare and higher education.
  • Options
    I think smoking should be illegal. It's disgusting and affects the health, comfort and well-being of people around them... not to mention the soaring heath costs Canada has to spend every year to take care of the smokers who don't give a shiit about taking care of themselves.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think that you shouldn't get married in a church if you are not religious.
  • Options
    CellesCelles member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fight-fight-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:033ce228-8086-42c2-9996-9015e7423449Post:f47b2efe-69a5-43d8-8b50-3e0c0c838996">Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think that you shouldn't get married in a church if you are not religious.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

A million times agreed.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fight-fight-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:033ce228-8086-42c2-9996-9015e7423449Post:0dd99034-addf-49e2-8a4a-d2e01c90a23a">Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think if a woman is up in a guys face hardcore or hits him first, she has it coming to get it hit back once.  These trashtastic women thinking they can do anything they want to a man to provoke him without fear of retribution is crap. 

I agree with this one. Hell, if I slapped or hit H, I'd expect him to return it.

I heard a 911 tape once where the wife had handcuffed her husband and was biting him (they were separated or something and it was revenge I guess) and he kept saying he wasn't going to hit her because he didn't want to go to jail. All I could think when he screamed "Ow, she's biting me!" was "Lay the bitch out, wimp!"
  • Options
    I don't think all media is biased.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I don't support or like the President. In fact, I think one of the main reasons he got elected is because he's black.

Also, by constantly pointing out that he's black, you aren't stoping racism. You're making it more prominent by pointing out his 'differences'. Why not just say "Yay he's the president" instead of "Yay he's a black president". The color of his skin has nothing to do with how he will handle situations as the president.
  • Options
    I saw the title and thought this was going to be about the comparing of looks post that almost started over on E. 

East, your opinion has now become popular so you have to do a new one.
  • Options
    I hate Coach and Vera Bradley bags.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fight-fight-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:033ce228-8086-42c2-9996-9015e7423449Post:63f4505d-05cd-4b0f-9182-c8343bfc93a0">Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT : I agree with this one. Hell, if I slapped or hit H, I'd expect him to return it. I heard a 911 tape once where<strong> the wife had handcuffed her husband and was biting him (they were separated or something and it was revenge I guess) and he kept saying he wasn't going to hit her because he didn't want to go to jail.</strong> All I could think when he screamed "Ow, she's biting me!" was "Lay the bitch out, wimp!"
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

WTF?  So bizarre 
  • Options
    I think that bullying should be a felony.
    I think that is someone bullies a person continually,and the victim commits suicide, the bully should be charged with negligent homicide or at least manslaughter.
    If a teacher witnesses bullying and doesn't stop it, they should lose their license.
  • Options
    So far, I agree with all these.... so much for being controversial. 

BTW-I agree with you Jasmine about the connotation of welfare because I do believe that there are people who don't abuse the system unfortunately that's not what makes the news and I'm sorry that the insurance co were db when your brother was sick.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fight-fight-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:033ce228-8086-42c2-9996-9015e7423449Post:7f6eb3ae-0e6c-4175-bc77-e25e00354f72">Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think that bullying should be a felony. I think that is someone bullies a person continually,and the victim commits suicide, the bully should be charged with negligent homicide or at least manslaughter. If a teacher witnesses bullying and doesn't stop it, they should lose their license.
    Posted by jasmineh7777[/QUOTE]

<div>Yes yes and yes.. I agree with all of this.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards