Snarky Brides
Options

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fight-fight-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:033ce228-8086-42c2-9996-9015e7423449Post:d95b53a1-f137-411b-911b-ebf7da5f701e">Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT : What about feral children? You left those off your list. Are you racial against feral children?
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

Now, if only  we could just serialize the feral children...
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fight-fight-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:033ce228-8086-42c2-9996-9015e7423449Post:0d9535ff-ceb3-44f4-9fda-aabce73dbb0b">Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT : I missed this the first go around and am intrigued. 
    Posted by eastunder1[/QUOTE]

The OP got deleted but the thread is titled something like "alright, nevermind."
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fight-fight-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:033ce228-8086-42c2-9996-9015e7423449Post:84aac593-4274-46ce-beac-ad2f96a2747d">Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT</a>:
    [QUOTE]Am I the only one not interested in hearing the hateful rationale? I don't care why she feels that way, but two loving dads or two loving moms (or just a mom or just a dad, or multi-cultured parents, etc.) is a better situation than a LOT of kids with both a mom and dad are in. Some slanted articles from biased sources won't change my mind on this.
    Posted by BecW2be[/QUOTE]

I'm not looking for her to change my mind.  I'm just curious if she thinks two loving same sex parents are better than crappy heterosexual parents.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fight-fight-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:033ce228-8086-42c2-9996-9015e7423449Post:84aac593-4274-46ce-beac-ad2f96a2747d">Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT</a>:
    [QUOTE]Am I the only one not interested in hearing the hateful rationale? I don't care why she feels that way, but two loving dads or two loving moms (or just a mom or just a dad, or multi-cultured parents, etc.) is a better situation than a LOT of kids with both a mom and dad are in. Some slanted articles from biased sources won't change my mind on this.

Seriously, I want to marry you.  I agree to no animals and I'm sure we can find "good, normal homes" for our kids.
  • Options
    I'd trade my father for a lesbian lover for my mother any day of the week.
  • Options
    I vote we keep our kids and take them out on Halloween to roll Loop's yard and stick plastic vaginas on her car antenna. Or penises, but not both. Because that would be too normal for us freaks!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fight-fight-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:033ce228-8086-42c2-9996-9015e7423449Post:84aac593-4274-46ce-beac-ad2f96a2747d">Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT</a>:

I'm always interested in the rationale behind opinions that are really different from mine. Even if their dead wrong, I still think it's interesting to read about what makes people tick.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fight-fight-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:033ce228-8086-42c2-9996-9015e7423449Post:200d121a-e050-4ef2-9f72-734c7649ff18">Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT</a>:
    [QUOTE]i think it is important for all children to have a strong male and female figure in their lives. at least one of each gender. HOWEVER, when it comes to adoption, i say the more kids that get adopted the better! i'm EXTREMELY pro-adoption. so another unpopular opinion for you: i think it's ridiculous that there are more legal rights for animals than unborn babies. <strong>i love animals as well, but it bothers me that some women can have an abortion because that's more convenient for them (i am NOT saying that all women do this, but some do)</strong> yet everyone's in an uproar if an animal is beaten. both are terrible things. not all designer bags are covered in logos. Louis Vuitton is far worse for that than Coach is. Coach is just cheaper and therefore more accessible to a larger group of people.
    Posted by heyimbren[/QUOTE]

I really don't think it's anyone's place to tell me what to do with my body. If I want to destroy it, inside and out, that's my business.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fight-fight-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:033ce228-8086-42c2-9996-9015e7423449Post:6ba8723a-cbae-4d61-be40-99a5e5f9627b">Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT</a>:
    [QUOTE]I vote we keep our kids and take them out on Halloween to roll Loop's yard and stick plastic vaginas on her car antenna. Or penises, but not both. Because that would be too normal for us freaks!

=) I don't have kids but my dogs can shite in her yard if that will help.
  • Options
    They make plastic vaginas for car antennas?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fight-fight-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:033ce228-8086-42c2-9996-9015e7423449Post:0c7b3a4d-bef5-41c0-93a2-48f62b32d7a0">Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT : I really don't think it's anyone's place to tell me what to do with my body. If I want to destroy it, inside and out, that's my business.
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

Yeah.

I'm doing it wrong, but comparing an animal to something that is inside my body and incapable of life outside my body isn't really fair.  A more equitable comparison would be a baby vs. a puppy.  People are outraged by the kicking other either.  JMO.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fight-fight-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:033ce228-8086-42c2-9996-9015e7423449Post:6b95f6e5-d5c1-41c8-a51e-64ed6b8f3858">Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT</a>:
    [QUOTE]They make plastic vaginas for car antennas?
    Posted by mrscarter052011[/QUOTE]

If they don't already, we should call and pitch the idea to that company that makes truck balls. We could be rich!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fight-fight-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:033ce228-8086-42c2-9996-9015e7423449Post:bee77765-8676-425d-a8b0-d175b34c78c5">Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT : Yeah. I'm doing it wrong, but comparing an animal to something that is inside my body and incapable of life outside my body isn't really fair.  A more equitable comparison would be a baby vs. a puppy.  People are outraged by the kicking other either.  JMO.
    Posted by goheels05[/QUOTE]

i do believe that the option should be there, because i'm a strong supporter of individual rights and freedoms. and that the government should do very little to interfere.

it's the body vs. baby debate. everyone has different opinions on when a fetus becomes a "baby" and has individual rights of its own. for some, that's conception. for you, it's being able to survive on its own. but even that depends on circumstances.
    i guess my point is, my main concern is i think some people are too relaxed about the topic. i.e. when is it NOT okay for an abortion to take place? i find most people don't want to talk about this, and i find that problematic.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fight-fight-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:033ce228-8086-42c2-9996-9015e7423449Post:03edbd57-1f4a-40cb-bfb5-f8a6b5ac00aa">Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT : If they don't already, we should call and pitch the idea to that company that makes truck balls. We could be rich!

Oh my god, truck balls.  No thanks.

• Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    I think people who dont use tampons are weird. Thats my opinion.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fight-fight-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:033ce228-8086-42c2-9996-9015e7423449Post:78ead460-ab63-44c5-8ff2-c338f7e16e4e">Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT : i do believe that the option should be there, because i'm a strong supporter of individual rights and freedoms. and that the government should do very little to interfere. it's the body vs. baby debate. everyone has different opinions on when a fetus becomes a "baby" and has individual rights of its own. for some, that's conception. for you, it's being able to survive on its own. but even that depends on circumstances. i guess my point is, my main concern is i think some people are too relaxed about the topic. i.e. <strong>when is it NOT okay for an abortion to take place? i find most people don't want to talk about this, and i find that problematic.</strong>

My unpopular opinion is that it is not okay for an abortion to take place at the point int he pregnancy when it becomes to dangerous for the mother. 

• Options
    I can't help it if I have a heavy flow and a wide-set vagina, Nebb!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fight-fight-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:033ce228-8086-42c2-9996-9015e7423449Post:bd8fb22a-575f-4a72-80c6-0236866d8e05">Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think people who dont use tampons are weird. Thats my opinion.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

A thousand times yes.  Eeewwww.   I understand a small percentage of woman may have some sort of medical issue that prevents it or something.  But just....because?

"Whatever East. You're just mad I RSVP'd "lame" to your pre-wedding sleepover."
  • Options

Hello All:

I wasn't talking about good or bad situations, abusive, single parents, etc. I was simply stating my opinion about how I think a child should have a mother and a father. I'm not trying to change anyone's mind, this has alot to do with religion and how you were raised/taught, my family has the same beliefs, maybe more close-minded than me actually.

A person's opinion on this issue can be due to age, religion, geography, etc.

Religious: Many researchers have found that children thrive better when they have a home with a mother/father, both males and females have needs that can be met by parents of opposite sex.

I think that if God intended for a man to be with another man and procreate, he wouldn't have created Eve.  God didn't create another Adam did he ?  If he wanted two men to have a baby, he would have allowed reproduction...

When I mean 'normal' ..I mean being raised by a father/mother, single parent or whatever. Alot of people mirror their parents or think their lifestyles are okay because that's what they've seen all their lives. If you raise your child to think 2 mothers is the 'norm' then they might grow up looking for a female partner.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fight-fight-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:033ce228-8086-42c2-9996-9015e7423449Post:78ead460-ab63-44c5-8ff2-c338f7e16e4e">Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT</a>:
    [QUOTE] my main concern is i think some people are too relaxed about the topic. i.e. when is it NOT okay for an abortion to take place? i find most people don't want to talk about this, and i find that problematic.

Legit!
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fight-fight-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:033ce228-8086-42c2-9996-9015e7423449Post:28278c1f-3fc8-472b-b3f4-deb9d8c7f935">Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT</a>:
    [QUOTE]I can't help it if I have a heavy flow and a wide-set vagina, Nebb!

2 tampons at once. Problem solved.

(please dont do that)
  • Options
    OMG Bec, we can be rich lesbians. That would really piss people off.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fight-fight-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:033ce228-8086-42c2-9996-9015e7423449Post:0e732fcb-1747-49a3-9b7e-0a62f5aebd84">Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT</a>:
    [QUOTE] If you raise your child to think 2 mothers is the 'norm' then they might grow up looking for a female partner.
    Posted by loop0406[/QUOTE]

And how would that play out for a child with a single parent? Would they grow up not looking for a partner at all?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fight-fight-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:033ce228-8086-42c2-9996-9015e7423449Post:80daa90a-a598-4b83-9a7b-bff54a772d25">Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT : A thousand times yes.  Eeewwww.   I understand a small percentage of woman may have some sort of medical issue that prevents it or something.  But just....because?
    Posted by eastunder1[/QUOTE]

I had a roommate in college whose parents visited.  Somehow the mom saw that I had a box of tampons in my wardrobe and called me a slut.  Cause only sluts use tampons and that it had taken my virginity.  I at first thought she was joking.....and then I informed her I'd been using them since I was ten and my virginity was long long long gone so no worries.
  • Options
    Question:  

What makes everyone here so certain that the same-sex couple will be all wonderful and caring to their child?  Just because they're the same sex, does that automatically mean they won't be abusive ?

Just curious, I'd like a reply to that
  • Options
    [QUOTE]If you raise your child to think 2 mothers is the 'norm' then they might grow up looking for a female partner.

You're one of those people that thinks homosexuality is a choice, aren't ya?

• Options
    Aprov - She probably thinks that you're not a virgin anymore if you wear tampons.
  • Options
    ooooh this is something that i just read yesterday and it really bothers me.

it bothers me when people assume that you need to be of the same minority (i.e. race, sexual orientation, gender, etc.) for someone to better represent you.

for example: Essence Magazine just hired a white woman, Elliana Placas, as the new fashion director. and now people are in an uproar about how they shouldn't do that because she's white. so what if she's white?

it would be a similar idea with Obama. just because he's black doesn't mean he'll be a good representative of black people automatically. it doesn't work that way.

same reason why i wouldn't vote for a woman in politics, just because she's a woman and i want a female politician.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fight-fight-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:033ce228-8086-42c2-9996-9015e7423449Post:0e732fcb-1747-49a3-9b7e-0a62f5aebd84">Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello All: I wasn't talking about good or bad situations, abusive, single parents, etc. I was simply stating my opinion about how I think a child should have a mother and a father. I'm not trying to change anyone's mind, this has alot to do with religion and how you were raised/taught, my family has the same beliefs, maybe more close-minded than me actually. A person's opinion on this issue can be due to age, religion, geography, etc. <strong>Religious: Many researchers have found that children thrive better when they have a home with a mother/father, both males and females have needs that can be met by parents of opposite sex.</strong> I think that if God intended for a man to be with another man and procreate, he wouldn't have created Eve.  God didn't create another Adam did he ?  If he wanted two men to have a baby, he would have allowed reproduction... <strong>When I mean 'normal' ..I mean being raised by a father/mother, single parent or</strong> <strong>whatever. Alot of people mirror their parents or think their lifestyles are okay because that's what they've seen all their lives.</strong> If you raise your child to think 2 mothers is the 'norm' then they might grow up looking for a female partner.

Then where did all of today's gays come from, Loop? From homes with both sexes present. How's that fit into your little theory? They certainly didn't mirror their environment.

So the only thing not "normal" is two gay parents? Alrighty then.

You're judging someone on something COMPLETELY unrelated to his or her ability to be a good parent. You saying gay people shouldn't have kids is like saying neither should poor people or black people. It's GROSSLY wrong and makes you look really, really, really stupid.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fight-fight-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:033ce228-8086-42c2-9996-9015e7423449Post:07a2214f-0692-4d05-b9fd-45ee75ce5ee0">Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT</a>:
    [QUOTE]Aprov - She probably thinks that you're not a virgin anymore if you wear tampons.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

Ya....but she said some things about inserting leading to sex or something.  Odd odd people.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards