Snarky Brides
Options

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

• Options
    I don't think smoking should be allowed in any public areas.  In your own home and car, fine.  Out where you are around other people who don't have a say in your stinky habit?  No. 

I don't like dogs.  I don't DISLIKE dogs, but I have no sort of affection towards them either.  If I say your dog is sooooo cute/awesome/sweet, I'm lying to be nice. 

"Whatever East. You're just mad I RSVP'd "lame" to your pre-wedding sleepover."
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fight-fight-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:033ce228-8086-42c2-9996-9015e7423449Post:7f6eb3ae-0e6c-4175-bc77-e25e00354f72">Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think that bullying should be a felony. I think that is someone bullies a person continually,and the victim commits suicide, the bully should be charged with negligent homicide or at least manslaughter. <strong>If a teacher witnesses bullying and doesn't stop it, they should lose their license.</strong>
    Posted by jasmineh7777[/QUOTE]

They can, here. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fight-fight-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:033ce228-8086-42c2-9996-9015e7423449Post:03075662-3d66-47c3-b51c-e30456d43d71">Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have a feeling that I will get flamed for this but you asked.... I think that it's selfish for people to expect insurance to pay for them to go through years of expensive fertility treatments for high risk preganancies for multiples and then expect more handouts when they have the kids..... especially when there are so many children in need of good homes.
    Posted by mrscarter052011[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I'm actually right there with you on the insurance thing.

</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fight-fight-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:033ce228-8086-42c2-9996-9015e7423449Post:374e20d9-cfd3-44ff-880d-8c11ea9f859b">Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't think smoking should be allowed in any public areas.  <strong>In your own home and car, fine.</strong>  Out where you are around other people who don't have a say in your stinky habit?  No.  I don't like dogs.  I don't DISLIKE dogs, but I have no sort of affection towards them either.  If I say your dog is sooooo cute/awesome/sweet, I'm lying to be nice. 
    Posted by eastunder1[/QUOTE]

<div>But my problem with that concerns the smokers who have kids. Those kids would be exposed to 2nd hand smoke 24/7</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fight-fight-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:033ce228-8086-42c2-9996-9015e7423449Post:f47b2efe-69a5-43d8-8b50-3e0c0c838996">Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think that you shouldn't get married in a church if you are not religious.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

YES.  I don't understand why people would.  Don't you feel like a fraud?*

*I'm not religious. 

• Options
    I think outlawing smoking is too invasive. The government is not my babysitter, nor is it their job to make sure I make good choices.
  • Options
    K ByteK Byte member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    I think Coach bags are tacky and I cringe a little every time someone is like "I got my bridesmaids Coach wristlets for a bridesmaid gift!!!1"

I think radical Islam is a hugely negative and destructive force in this world but a lot of people in the U.S. are too nervous about political correctness to point it out.

I'm completely disgusted by partisan politics in the U.S. and I lose a little respect for anyone who completely identifies with one or the other major party.
  • Options
    I feel the same way about dog, East. Not a fan. I don't hate them, but I don't think they are awesome either.

I don't think that people should be allowed to have credit cards until they are 25. Yes, there are a ton of responsible 18 - 25 year olds out there, but there are also a double ton of irresponsible kids that just get credit cards to get a free t shirt and then end up ruining their credit for the next 15 years. It's sad.
  • Options
    I think by the age of 18, you are responsible for those poor choices.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fight-fight-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:033ce228-8086-42c2-9996-9015e7423449Post:9de65529-85f6-4048-858c-f6918db513d9">Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT</a>:
    [QUOTE]I hate Coach and Vera Bradley bags.
    Posted by BecW2be[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>You stole mine, Bec. I think Coach bags are possibly some of the ugliest purses on the planet. 

</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I don't like cats.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Which reminds me, I think the drinking age should be lowered to 18.
  • Options
    I think smoking should be illegal.  It harms other people. 

I think junk food should be taxed to high heaven.

I think statutory rape cases should not have to register as sex offenders. 

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fight-fight-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:033ce228-8086-42c2-9996-9015e7423449Post:4b9bd4f6-f3bc-4b80-9a6e-3835ac388b00">Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT</a>:
    [QUOTE]I feel the same way about dog, East. Not a fan. I don't hate them, but I don't think they are awesome eith<strong>er. I don't think that people should be allowed to have credit cards until they are 25. </strong>Yes, there are a ton of responsible 18 - 25 year olds out there, but there are also a double ton of irresponsible kids that just get credit cards to get a free t shirt and then end up ruining their credit for the next 15 years. It's sad.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>This is the only one I completely disagree with so far. I'll be 24 when I get married. I will also be a lawyer then. I'm mature enough to drink, drive, vote, have kids, get married, be someone's lawyer, own my own home... but I can't have a credit card? </div><div>
    </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think I love East more and more with each post.  Oh wait that's not controversial, is it?  I suck at this.
  • Options
    I want to hug this thread. 

• Options
    I love coach and cats.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    K ByteK Byte member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fight-fight-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:033ce228-8086-42c2-9996-9015e7423449Post:7f6eb3ae-0e6c-4175-bc77-e25e00354f72">Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think that bullying should be a felony. I think that is someone bullies a person continually,and the victim commits suicide, the bully should be charged with negligent homicide or at least manslaughter. If a teacher witnesses bullying and doesn't stop it, they should lose their license.
    Posted by jasmineh7777[/QUOTE]
    I agree with all of this! Well, maybe not the felony part especially if the bullies are elementary age children ... but teachers and administrators need to be held WAY more accountable than they are. It seems like so often teachers/school staff want to be LIKED by the popular students and their parents who are often community leaders, than they want to enforce the rules and protect students who are victims.

I also think anti-bullying programs need to focus on ages way earlier than high school. At least from my experience by high school the cliques were already completely formed and people didn't really talk to people outside their cliques, for good or for bad. The worst bullying seems to happen between grades 3-8. I was bullied for my appearance, for my parents not having a ton of money, for being the "new kid," etc. so bad when I was about 9-12 years old that it caused me lifelong problems and lead to my two suicide attempts later in life. The stupid ass school administrators blamed me for not fitting in and made ME go into counseling. Now how backwards is that??
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fight-fight-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:033ce228-8086-42c2-9996-9015e7423449Post:8b11e6ba-5a77-4095-8609-a06562267de3">Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT</a>:
    [QUOTE]I want to hug this thread. 
    Posted by eastunder1[/QUOTE]

You're doing it wrong! Refer to the title.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fight-fight-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:033ce228-8086-42c2-9996-9015e7423449Post:3830a936-3441-4e0d-97fe-98c29f8ed668">Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT : This is the only one I completely disagree with so far. I'll 24 when I get married. I will also be a lawyer then. I'm mature enough to drink, drive, vote, have kids, get married, be someone's lawyer, own my own home... but I can't have a credit card? 
    Posted by shoegal715[/QUOTE]

Yep. That's why it's an unpopular opinion. It sounds like you're in the first group of young people I talked about. Good for you. That doesn't change my mind about doing something to save the other group of kids from themselves.

It's the same philosophy that the car rental companies have. You can't rent a car until you're 25 either.

Maybe 25 is too old, but I definitely think you should be at least 21.
  • Options
    I think the driving age should be raised and the tests should be harder. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fight-fight-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:033ce228-8086-42c2-9996-9015e7423449Post:cdca36dd-27ee-4721-915d-84045c2cf9af">Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think smoking should be illegal.  It harms other people.  <strong>I think junk food should be taxed to high heaven. I</strong> think statutory rape cases should not have to register as sex offenders.   
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

Of course, this excludes Blue Ranch Doritos. Those should be free.
  • Options
    Whoa K Byte. That's rough.
    I was teased all the time for being "trailor trash," but I was obnoxious enough to blow it off. However, I had a friend in high school that committed suicide after being relentlessly bullied, in front of his teachers, and no one was reprimanded.
  • Options
    When I hear on the news "this politician supports tax cuts for the wealthy" like it's a bad thing, it makes me mad.  The wealthy should get tax breaks.  They pay a lot more taxes than the rest of us.  The top 10% of income earners pay 87% or more of all individual income tax.  While I agree that those without the wherewithal to pay should pay less, and thus wealthy people have to pay more, it's gotten out of hand.  I know a lot of couples in my line of work who are single-income families because it's cheaper to lose an income than to pay the taxes on it.

I also think the estate tax is way too high.  Family businesses dissolve when the parents die because the children don't have enough liquid assets to pay the tax on inheriting ownership of the business.  How's that for helping small businesses?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fight-fight-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:033ce228-8086-42c2-9996-9015e7423449Post:bc18b382-32e3-4668-9431-0c319e06ca3b">Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT : I agree with all of this! Well, maybe not the felony part especially if the bullies are elementary age children ... but teachers and administrators need to be held WAY more accountable than they are.<strong> It seems like so often teachers/school staff want to be LIKED by the popular students and their parents who are often community leaders, than they want to enforce the rules and protect students who are victims. I </strong>also think anti-bullying programs need to focus on ages way earlier than high school. At least from my experience by high school the cliques were already completely formed and people didn't really talk to people outside their cliques, for good or for bad. The worst bullying seems to happen between grades 3-8. I was bullied for my appearance, for my parents not having a ton of money, for being the "new kid," etc. so bad when I was about 9-12 years old that it caused me lifelong problems and lead to my two suicide attempts later in life. The stupid ass school administrators blamed me for not fitting in and made ME go into counseling. Now how backwards is that??
    Posted by K Byte[/QUOTE]

This annoys the hell out of me. This may be YOUR experience, but it is absolutely not true here.  We have very strict anti-violence programs in place in our state and not ALL teachers pander to outside forces.  Do not lump me in with the negative adults you experienced.
  • Options
    I think anyone over the age of 65 should have to take a yearly driving test in order to keep his or her license.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fight-fight-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:033ce228-8086-42c2-9996-9015e7423449Post:95c55e5a-3464-4a73-8b99-5c5f2c40c21a">Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT : Yep. That's why it's an unpopular opinion. It sounds like you're in the first group of young people I talked about. Good for you. That doesn't change my mind about doing something to save the other group of kids from themselves. It<strong>'s the same philosophy that the car rental companies have.</strong> You can't rent a car until you're 25 either. Maybe 25 is too old, but I definitely think you should be at least 21.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Hmm.. no, not really. Inexperienced driving and harming others and other peoples property is generally their rationale behind the policy. I think there should be a distinction and divide between making stupid decisions that affect only yourself (credit card debt), and making decisions that could harm or kill others (driving). </div><div>
    </div><div>I agree with you though - I think 21 is a good age. I think 14 is way too young to drive, and 19 too young to drink.</div><div>
    </div><div>I also think that you should have to be at least 21 to get married.

</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I love my coach wristlet, my dog is awesome and my dad was old. I'm really the odd one out in here huh?
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    I hate Seshat for making me want Doritos.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards