Snarky Brides
Options

fears

What are you afraid of - small or large, irrational or not. 

Im afraid of bugs, on or in me (like crawling in my mouth or ears when I sleep). I have to do a search before bed.

Im afraid of heights and falling, its the worst on high bridges. there are two impossibly high bridges on either side of where I live, so its impossible to avoid them without long detours.

Im scared of being murdered, it just seems like a terrifying thought to me.

You go.

Re: fears

• Options
    Getting my shoelaces caught in escalators.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Nebb my FI is also afraid of heights, and thinks high bridges are the worst.

I'm afraid of bugs, all of them... but mostly bees and flies. Yes, I know, the flies one is crazy but I really freak out if a fly lands on me.

I'm afraid of something happening to me, and my daughter not being taken care of and raised the way I would want for her to be. I know my FI would, but I sometimes worry that my parents would try to get custody of her since FI isn't her real dad and that worries me alot.
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

My fears have always been the people under the bed grabbing my feet. Irrational.

Right now I fear for my son's welfare, he's a good kid at heart but his temper scares me. I'm researching getting him help, but it's hard to do when he doesn't work and has no insurance. Rational.

And now I'm scared for Tonyscutie.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Im afraid of falling down escalators so I look like a weirdo when I try getting on them. I hesitate trying to find the best time to get on when my footing will be just so that I cannot possibly fall. It usually takes about 4 steps to pass before I get on.
  • Options
    Ditto about Tonyscutie. I want to go kick some ass.

I'm afraid of monsters under the bed. Seriously, sometimes I have to jump a few feet out of bed so nothing can get me.

Grasshoppers, fvckers attacked me as a kid and now I'm scarred for life.

the ocean. I'm convinced that tehre are sharks and other sea creatures waiting to eat me if I go past my waist.
  • Options
    Dying and mustard. Both give me the willies.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm afraid of babycorn. 

I'm afraid of being kidnapped. 
    My Bio Updated 4/6/10
  • Options
    I am terrified of spiders, chainsaws and clowns.  I've also always had an irrational fear of my house burning down.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fears?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:15e536cf-9552-467b-8068-bc53bbe573aaPost:200ac480-499b-4daa-94ff-9624fcbd9bfb">Re: fears</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>My fears have always been the people under the bed grabbing my feet. Irrational.</strong>   Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

This!  I cannot sleep with my foot hanging off the bed.  And I'm deathly afraid of spiders and crawly things on me.  And falling from high places.  And drowning.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I'm afraid that I'll be caught up in a post-apocalyptic scenario and forced to undertake a perilous journey across the country or to a safer location far away, on foot, and that I'll be all alone and have to leave my cat behind (in this irrational fear scenario, my H is long dead anyway ... yeah I never said it was rational :p)

I'm also afraid that my favorite author will die before he completes the next book in his series and we'll never know how it ends. -__-;;
  • Options

i am afraid of swimming in small lakes or ponds - it's gotta be moving water for me or a pool

i am afraid of eventually having a kid because my pregnancy is going to be high risk and that scares me

i am afraid of oversleeping so i am totally ocd about setting alarms

and like jlw i have a fear of houses that are close together could never live in one or buy one for fear of fire and being that close

imageimage

Sept 2011 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Ceremony Photo Anniversary

~~Planning~~

~~FOR SALE~~
  • Options
    opalsky007opalsky007 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited August 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fears?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:15e536cf-9552-467b-8068-bc53bbe573aaPost:c7e30976-33f3-4119-bae0-ec6b5a9dd491">Re: fears</a>:
    [QUOTE]Im afraid of falling down escalators so I look like a weirdo when I try getting on them. I hesitate trying to find the best time to get on when my footing will be just so that I cannot possibly fall. It usually takes about 4 steps to pass before I get on.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

See, I do this too. I convinced myself that I was afraid of getting my shoelaces caught because some local kid got hurt really badly that way when I was younger. But really, I do it whether my shoes have laces or not.
  • Options
    What'd I miss about Tonyscutie?

I am terrified of semis on the road, especially when I'm on the inside of a curve on the freeway.
  • Options
    Well other than psycho ex's I'm terrified of:
    Birds
    Small spaces
    Drowning
    Oct '11 Siggy Challenge: imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fears?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:15e536cf-9552-467b-8068-bc53bbe573aaPost:c7e30976-33f3-4119-bae0-ec6b5a9dd491">Re: fears</a>:
    [QUOTE]Im afraid of falling down escalators so I look like a weirdo when I try getting on them. I hesitate trying to find the best time to get on when my footing will be just so that I cannot possibly fall. It usually takes about 4 steps to pass before I get on.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Ditto this.  Both FI and my 5 year old will be atleast half way down the escalator before I will even be on it.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fears?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:15e536cf-9552-467b-8068-bc53bbe573aaPost:13a6e1da-69a6-4f2e-9c35-8bb280be2492">Re: fears</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I'm afraid of babycorn.</strong>  I'm afraid of being kidnapped. 
    Posted by andyandhillary[/QUOTE]

I'm not afraid of baby corn, I just don't trust it.

I'd say that I fear falling back into all my old habits and getting fat(ter).
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm also afraid of the dark, creepy puppets (the marionette kind) and I cannot sleep with the bedroom door open.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fears?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:15e536cf-9552-467b-8068-bc53bbe573aaPost:1af9ed3d-02ef-4e9d-9259-0feabc370104">Re: fears</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: fears : See, I do this too. I convinced myself that I was afraid of getting my shoelaces caught because some local kid got hurt really badly that way when I was younger. But really, I do it whether my shoes have laces or not.
    Posted by opalsky007[/QUOTE]

Did we all see that <u>Emergency 911</u> episode when we were younger or something? I have a fear of being caught in escalators too.
    Oct '11 Siggy Challenge: imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ever since I was a small child I have had vivid nightmares every week about tsunami sand cyclones. Seriously, why? Why has this always been part of my psyche? Is this how I am going to die?
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    Im afraid of paranormal activity. The movie scared the life out of me, and my H made me watch the trailer for the sequal which managed to scare me for the past 2 weeks. It gets too hot in our bedroom if we close the door so weve been sleeping with it open and it freaks me out. All I can think of is "something" thumping up the stairs and posessing me.
  • Options

I'm afraid of knives and looking like an idiot at the gym.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fears?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:15e536cf-9552-467b-8068-bc53bbe573aaPost:a0d1f4b6-3727-400a-a637-a2e9735f79dc">Re: fears</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: fears : Did we all see that Emergency 911 episode when we were younger or something? I have a fear of being caught in escalators too.
    Posted by tonyscutieest09[/QUOTE]

OMG I remember that show. My FI swears that I have seen Mallrats one too many times and that is the basis for my fear of escalators.
  • Options

Oh, and the Knot RANDOMLY CENTERING MY POSTS.

Damn it.

• Options
    NebbNebb member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fears?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:15e536cf-9552-467b-8068-bc53bbe573aaPost:1226106c-aabc-48f3-83de-eec6ae51a8d3">Re: fears</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: fears : I'm not afraid of baby corn, I just don't trust it. I'd say that I fear falling back into all my old habits and getting fat(ter).
    Posted by raynes[/QUOTE]

Im scared of that too. The only solace I have is that ive maintained for a while now so I know im capable of atleast staying this weight as opposed to just gaining no matter what. You (and I) have learned a lot, I dont think it will happen again.
  • Options
    Swimming in lakes where I can't see the bottom. I've seen too many horror movies.

THE DENTIST. Serious fear/phobia. I pay them extra to gas me to touch/clean my teeth. I have to see a sedation dentist.

Losing my family.

Ducks, chickens, turkeys; lizards/chameleons, snakes, frogs. All move unpredictably. Slither and scurry.

Nebb, I do the same thing on escalators.  I don't like underwater tunnels, or super-high bridges. And I'm not REAL big on standing on the edge of a steep dropoff, but I'll do it for a second.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fears?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:15e536cf-9552-467b-8068-bc53bbe573aaPost:61ab65f4-e156-4675-814c-567176d5d52a">Re: fears</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, and the Knot RANDOMLY CENTERING MY POSTS. Damn it.
    Posted by Celles[/QUOTE]

ME TOO! not so much scared though as epically annoyed.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fears?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:15e536cf-9552-467b-8068-bc53bbe573aaPost:a1d272ad-c196-4d45-a979-8c44068531e2">Re: fears</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I'm afraid that I'll be caught up in a post-apocalyptic scenario and forced to undertake a perilous journey across the country or to a safer location far away, on foot, and that I'll be all alone and have to leave my cat behind (in this irrational fear scenario, my H is long dead anyway ... yeah I never said it was rational :p)</strong> I'm also afraid that my favorite author will die before he completes the next book in his series and we'll never know how it ends. -__-;;
    Posted by K Byte[/QUOTE]

YES!! I always think about these horrible 2012 like scenarios where I have to survive knowing my dogs are locked at home or have been crumbled into the earth and there is nothing I can do to help them. I get honest to god really worked up just thinking about it. Thank you for letting me know I am not alone.
  • Options
    I have an irrational fear that my H will die young, like still in his 30s-40s.

I'm afraid that I won't be able to have children when the time comes.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fears?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:15e536cf-9552-467b-8068-bc53bbe573aaPost:61ab65f4-e156-4675-814c-567176d5d52a">Re: fears</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, and the Knot RANDOMLY CENTERING MY POSTS. Damn it.
    Posted by Celles[/QUOTE]
    That used to happen to me all the time, but I think it only looks centered to you. Because your post looks fine to me! I don't know what it is! Stupid Knot.
  • Options
    *shakes fist*
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards