Snarky Brides

Unpop opinions/ pet peeves/non-TK grievances

Re: Unpop opinions/ pet peeves/non-TK grievances

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpop-opinions-pet-peevesnon-tk-grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3ab8356a-b9e4-4496-906b-dc9833f60011Post:9b48f5a6-43f3-4b90-9ee3-d29ef42fdb52">Re: Unpop opinions/ pet peeves/non-TK grievances</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Unpop opinions/ pet peeves/non-TK grievances : I hate the stupid reporter questions. "So, Ryan Lochte, how do you feel about totally not winning the gold or silver or bronze? How are you feeling right now?" HowTF do you think he's feeling, idiot. H and I like to give commentary on what they are probably thinking versus the PC stuff they have to say or else they will sound like assholes.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

Well, he's not going to talk about how he feels if he isn't asked?  Lol, I guess I'm not sure what else to say there.
    panther
  • Unpopular Opinion:  When I see how much money is spent on and spectacle is created around the Olympics, it makes me want to tune out.  I think there are far better ways billions of dollars could be spent... 

Pet Peeve:  People who honk waaaaaaaaaaay longer than they need to.  Like, if you are trying to turn and it is a bit of a blind corner, so you creep out a bit to see, but stop because there is a car coming and they blare their horn the whole-fecking-time as they pass.  Uhhh, I get it; I am already stopped.  Hush your damn horn.

Non-TK Grievance:  I hate that FI's mom created a huge drama that has now soured me a bit on spending time with his family.  He understands and is upset with her too, but that doesn't solve anything.  Now, I wish I could go back to a few months ago, when I was blissfully unaware she had been nit picking and bad mouthing me behind my back since I first met her.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpop-opinions-pet-peevesnon-tk-grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3ab8356a-b9e4-4496-906b-dc9833f60011Post:c9e51623-3c8d-4244-98ea-b53905f8268f">Re: Unpop opinions/ pet peeves/non-TK grievances</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Unpop opinions/ pet peeves/non-TK grievances : Exactly. What really bothered me was people cutting him down after he lost the 400 IM.  I mean, yeah, it was not a graceful media appearance by any stretch of the imagination.  But you gotta understand... Olympians are a whole 'nother breed of athlete.  These people are so devoted to their sport, day in, day out, their entire lives - and with the amount of pressure he was under?  That was crushing to watch him lose.  I enjoyed Lochte's victory, but it's completely understandable why Phelps would be cut to his very core over not even making it to the podium. 
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

<div>And he originally wasn't even gonna be in that race.  He didn't train for it like he did the other races, and he kind of added it last minute.</div>
    knotsigpicture Anniversary
  • UO - Dear Olympic athletes:  Please put on some damn clothes that fit.  Do you really need to wear the equivalent of a cocktail napkin to play volleyball?  No.  Shorts would be fine, thank you.

Pet Peeve - Dear driver ahead of me in the parking garage:  Is this your first experience in a parking structure?  Are you aware that there are FIVE FLOORS of parking above you - please don't panic if you don't find a space within the first twenty feet of entering the garage.  Keep going, you will find a space.  And you don't need to signal your left turn, since that's THE ONLY WAY TO GO!.

Non-TK Grievance:  Dear DH:  Please stop tearing off 1/4 of a sheet of paper towel and leaving a raggedy shred on the roll.  You're making me crazy, and not saving paper (because I will tear it off at the appropriate built-in perforation and throw away your remnant).  kthanx.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • DodgersBrideDodgersBride member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012

Pet Peeve:People who stand right on your ass at he market. THe other day there was an older lady behind me. I couldn't move forwards because the person in front of me what paying. She was right on me. Like even holding my cart. Every time I tried to inch forward to get behind my cart she would. I finally said something to her when I was trying to pay with my debt and she was right next me.

AATB: I know the dodgers were out on Morneau. We just picked up Shane Victorino. For reason I can't stand him. I hear he is a really nice guys but I can't stand him. Also my seats are right next to him.

• Unpop Op:  I haven't eaten at CFA for years because I thought it was well known that they donate money to organizations that work towards outlawing equal rights for gay people.  I don't not eat there because the idiot CEO made some statement.  I'm annoyed that people are boycotting because of what he said and not because of the actual, underlying political issue.

I don't do research on other companies that I patronize, because I'm a lazy asshole, but if I find out that they are giving money to causes I don't agree with, I would stop patronizing them too.

Pet Peeve:  People who don't say "thanks" after you hold a door open for them.  I always tell them "you're welcome" obnoxiously.  Because I'm an asss.

Grievance:  I am annoyed with my job, my coworker, and my asshole applicants.  I had one lady get mad at me yesterday because I fixed the effing typos that were on her resume.  Some days I hate my job.

"Smash's balls are the biggest balls of them all." -AATB

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpop-opinions-pet-peevesnon-tk-grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3ab8356a-b9e4-4496-906b-dc9833f60011Post:9b48f5a6-43f3-4b90-9ee3-d29ef42fdb52">Re: Unpop opinions/ pet peeves/non-TK grievances</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Unpop opinions/ pet peeves/non-TK grievances : I hate the stupid reporter questions. "So, Ryan Lochte, how do you feel about totally not winning the gold or silver or bronze? How are you feeling right now?" HowTF do you think he's feeling, idiot. H and I like to give commentary on what they are probably thinking versus the PC stuff they have to say or else they will sound like assholes.
    OMG, the other night when Jordyn Wieber didn't make the all-around final.  Al Trautwig asking the other commentators, "What do you think she's feeling right now?"

She's a 17 year old world champion who just found out that she didn't make what might be her only chance to compete in the Olympics All-Around final.  She's sobbing on international television.  Think you can possibly glean what she's thinking right now?

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpop-opinions-pet-peevesnon-tk-grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3ab8356a-b9e4-4496-906b-dc9833f60011Post:73c87313-3c3b-4d7b-8c9d-78836b83b9d6">Re: Unpop opinions/ pet peeves/non-TK grievances</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Unpop opinions/ pet peeves/non-TK grievances : Well, he's not going to talk about how he feels if he isn't asked?  Lol, I guess I'm not sure what else to say there.

I jsut think that the way they word their questions is done to make it as painful for the athlete as possible, like shoving it in their face that they lost in hopes of getting a good reaction.
  • I agree with Sesh, though, some of those questions are so dumb. "Are you excited for your teammate?" Who is going to answer no?

My nonTK grievance is that I just got invited bo my uncles' 40th bday party. My  uncle hasn't talked to me or my dad in like 9 months. My mom gets so worked aobut it (she doesn't like the uncle anyways) and I know that I am about to get an email from her all BSC about how dare they invite us to their birthday party when they don't even speak to us.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpop-opinions-pet-peevesnon-tk-grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3ab8356a-b9e4-4496-906b-dc9833f60011Post:f7e3af45-9ad1-4022-89e5-e44ae0a6f087">Re: Unpop opinions/ pet peeves/non-TK grievances</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Unpop opinions/ pet peeves/non-TK grievances : I jsut think that the way they word their questions is done to make it as painful for the athlete as possible, like shoving it in their face that they lost in hopes of getting a good reaction.

I guess I don't really see it that way.  It's been my job to ask many difficult questions of people experiencing heartbreaking circumstances, so I guess I just see it differently.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpop-opinions-pet-peevesnon-tk-grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3ab8356a-b9e4-4496-906b-dc9833f60011Post:8f5dd543-6f76-4f37-805d-7ef03afcbbfa">Re: Unpop opinions/ pet peeves/non-TK grievances</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Unpop opinions/ pet peeves/non-TK grievances : Ugh, my heart broke for her. When they were interviewing the two other girls it was like they made sure to place the cameras to show her sobbing in the background. So awful.
    Posted by rachers1017[/QUOTE]
    ITA.

I also think it totally sucks for the girls who did make it and are excited. If they just let Jordyn go and have a minute to herself, the other girls could be excited and it wouldn't be so brutal on Jordyn.
  • MRSBJSMRSBJS member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpop-opinions-pet-peevesnon-tk-grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3ab8356a-b9e4-4496-906b-dc9833f60011Post:1a926fdf-f104-44a4-a116-1c73198ff813">Re: Unpop opinions/ pet peeves/non-TK grievances</a>:
    [QUOTE]Unpop Op: I really don't even get why there is a BF vs. formula feeding debate. I just don't understand why people giveafuck what someone feeds their own kid. Mind your own business and raise your own kid the way you want. I also notice the people who are the most "OMG THIS IS THE ONLY WAY TO DO IT" have the most poorly behaved children. Pet Peeve: I dislike that we are now Mr. and Mrs. HisName Lastname. Mr &Mrs. B, I like, but I just hate that his first name is used and mine gets trashed. That's not a huge issue, but it annoys me. Non-TK Grievance: NY&Co is making me want to kill someone because they cannot get anything right. I hate them with a passion now.
    Posted by ZombieNates[/QUOTE]

Has NY&Co SERIOUSLY not resolved your issue yet? OH. HELL. NO. 
  • UO I don't think felons who have served their time and been released should lose the right to vote forever. Pet peeve people who stop theirs cars at a light inside the cross walk. It's very unsafe for pedestrians. NonTK greivance MoH forgetting my wedding date and treating it like and afterthought while she made other plans around the date Re: CFA I don't give 2 craps what they believe, I just won't give to a company that donates their profits to something that goes completely against everything I believe. You bet your ass that if Wendy's started donating millions to Planned Parenthood antiabortion people would flip their lids. I do however agree that this is old news, I stopped eating there a long time. I have never felt the need to talk about on FB or thought it made me morally superior.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Wow, I could piggyback on SO many of these.

I agree I can't wait till the Olympics are over, I have never been one to watch them ever.

Chick-Fil- A is often owned by a franchisee, so remember that when you shop. This may be someone's livelihood and they may not agree with that jackoffs views. They just run their store, like the one here. They also employ a lot of people.

I feel when I walk through our mall on the way to the mailbox everyday that I am suddenly in a game of chicken! I love it when people walk right at you and refuse to move, Walk like you drive, you stay on your side I'll stay on mine!

I agree Nates. I had NO desire to BF my son, it wasnt a big deal to me, and I had to go back to work immediatly. So I dared someone to lecture me!

My pet peeve, I wish my pup would quit excited peeing. Every time he chases the cat, he pees! I have to clean the floor all the time now.
  • I've had to ask hard questions to a mother who lost her son in the Iraq war, to people who just lost their entire home and everything in it in a tornado.  Even kids about bullying.  Sucked, but I mean... I had to do it, lol.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpop-opinions-pet-peevesnon-tk-grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3ab8356a-b9e4-4496-906b-dc9833f60011Post:fbdb2000-f7d2-4b4b-81fd-607217a201c1">Re: Unpop opinions/ pet peeves/non-TK grievances</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Unpop opinions/ pet peeves/non-TK grievances : Has NY&Co SERIOUSLY not resolved your issue yet? OH. HELL. NO. 
    Posted by MRSBJS[/QUOTE]
    NO. I am about to tell them to DIAF. I did finally get a decent woman on the phone yesterday (after another CSR just hung up on me) and she said it should be credited today. Then I got an email from their FB (lol) that told me it was just credited, so now I'm just monitoring my CC to see.
  • I wish there was a FB and Pinterest option to filter out all things related to a certain subject.

For me, right now, these subjects would include weddings (on Pinterest), babies (on Pinterest), and CFA/welfare on FB.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpop-opinions-pet-peevesnon-tk-grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3ab8356a-b9e4-4496-906b-dc9833f60011Post:ecf34f4d-42ba-4ef3-a6be-85f9019ecd3b">Re: Unpop opinions/ pet peeves/non-TK grievances</a>:
    [QUOTE]Unpop Opinion: ITA with someone upthread on Michael Phelps.  Guy loses one race (still 4th best in the world) that he had said years ago he wasn't going to do anymore because it's so physically challenging and people act like he's a has-been who can barely dog paddle.
    Posted by djhar[/QUOTE]
    Clearly if you're only 4th best, you're washed up and have no business being in the Olympic Games.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpop-opinions-pet-peevesnon-tk-grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3ab8356a-b9e4-4496-906b-dc9833f60011Post:82a1a06f-93db-415e-bcf9-4f610fab607e">Re: Unpop opinions/ pet peeves/non-TK grievances</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've had to ask hard questions to a mother who lost her son in the Iraq war, to people who just lost their entire home and everything in it in a tornado.  Even kids about bullying.  Sucked, but I mean... I had to do it, lol.

I guess I see it as, there are smart questions and there are stupid questions. Asking what went wrong in the race, what may have caused an issue in a balance beam routine, how the person plans on improving him/herself, those are at leat interesting. But just asking how someone feels when it's clearly written on their face? That just annoys me because it seems like the goal is to get tears and hurt.
  • pkontkpkontk member
    First Comment
    Pseudo pet peeve, if only with myself - Olympians seriously make me feel like a failure at life. I think I'm in relatively good shape, and definitely have more muscle tone and less fat than 6 months ago, and then I look at the swimmers or volleyballers or gymnasts (although not so jelaous of their man-necks) and feel like poo.  And they're so young and so accomplished!  Not fair.
  • UO-Last night when NBC aired a commercial showing the outcome of Missy Franklin's gold medal race (it was one talking about her reuniting with her parents after the race) right before the race aired, people called it the biggest failure in Olympic History.  I'm sorry, but NBC screwed up even before that when they were airing tickers showing the results of the competitions early on in the games and when their announcers were talking about results and interviews.  I honestly didn't see the point in the uproar when the result of the race was plastered everywhere on every major newsite anyways.  The race was just as exciting for me even with knowing who won.  

Pet Peeve-  When big trucks park in compact car spaces next to you when you've already been parked there for awhile.  I have a hard enough time trying to back out of parking spaces without your big ass truck 1 inch away from me.  

Non-TK Grievance-  Can I air my annoyance with my RSVPs?  I'm extremely annoyed with the people on my guest list right now.  How effing hard is it to send back a pre-addressed, stamped postcard saying if you are or are not coming to the wedding?  At least my mom's cousins that she added on last minute responded back.  
    knotsigpicture Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpop-opinions-pet-peevesnon-tk-grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3ab8356a-b9e4-4496-906b-dc9833f60011Post:df369f86-f0a2-42a9-af02-6c0117cbf0cc">Re: Unpop opinions/ pet peeves/non-TK grievances</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Unpop opinions/ pet peeves/non-TK grievances : I guess I see it as, there are smart questions and there are stupid questions. Asking what went wrong in the race, what may have caused an issue in a balance beam routine, how the person plans on improving him/herself, those are at leat interesting. But just asking how someone feels when it's clearly written on their face? That just annoys me because it seems like the goal is to get tears and hurt.

I'd definitely be asking about their feelings.  I ask about feelings all the time.  People connect with feelings.  I'd want to know lots of other technical stuff too, but I always ask people to give me their reactions and what's going through their minds.  People want to know.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpop-opinions-pet-peevesnon-tk-grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3ab8356a-b9e4-4496-906b-dc9833f60011Post:1a0a6752-e964-4e02-8217-b0f3abaf7f3d">Re: Unpop opinions/ pet peeves/non-TK grievances</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wish there was a FB and Pinterest option to filter out all things related to a certain subject. For me, right now, these subjects would include weddings (on Pinterest), babies (on Pinterest), and <strong>CFA/welfare on FB</strong>.
    Posted by Smash Adams[/QUOTE]
    I have defriended (unfriended? whatever) so many people and hidden a bunch just to not have to deal with annoying, uninformed chatter. My FB is so peaceful now :P
  • jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpop-opinions-pet-peevesnon-tk-grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3ab8356a-b9e4-4496-906b-dc9833f60011Post:08874f59-fa31-49dd-8d5c-bd30eeecc7f2">Re: Unpop opinions/ pet peeves/non-TK grievances</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Pet Peeve: People who stand right on your ass at he market.</strong> THe other day there was an older lady behind me. I couldn't move forwards because the person in front of me what paying. She was right on me. Like even holding my cart. Every time I tried to inch forward to get behind my cart she would. I finally said something to her when I was trying to pay with my debt and she was right next me. AATB: I know the dodgers were out on Morneau. We just picked up Shane Victorino. For reason I can't stand him. I hear he is a really nice guys but I can't stand him. Also my seats are right next to him.
    Posted by DodgersBride[/QUOTE]

A thousand times this.  It seems to happen in every line I ever have to stand in, to the point where I will stand with my feet as far apart as I can, almost like a lunge, with my weight to my front, to try to give myself some space.

• speaking of 50 Shades babies and Pinterest-I feel like (and this might be completely out of left field)- there will be people getting KU just because OMG baby stuff and newborn pictures are SO CUTE, I want!!!!

I feel like my SIL did this. She just wanted to make a cute nursery and buy cute little newborn hats.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_unpop-opinions-pet-peevesnon-tk-grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3ab8356a-b9e4-4496-906b-dc9833f60011Post:7fa228f2-1ba3-48fe-a96b-7058ed7d79ec">Re: Unpop opinions/ pet peeves/non-TK grievances</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Unpop opinions/ pet peeves/non-TK grievances : I have defriended (unfriended? whatever) so many people and hidden a bunch just to not have to deal with annoying, uninformed chatter. My FB is so peaceful now :P
    Posted by ZombieNates[/QUOTE]
    I have lately started just hiding them, but for the second they show up before I do that, it raises my blood pressure.  They're not people that I'm willing to unfriend, unfortunately.<div>
    </div><div>One posted a graphic with something about CFA supporting "traditional marriage" and I'm pretty sure my friend didn't read the whole way through it because I think he supports gay marriage.  So now I just think he's an idiot that reposted the graphic because it talked about freedom of speech.  Which doesn't even apply here.  Ugh.  He's so stupid.</div>

• Oh AND this is TK related, but I seriously do not understand why Steffffffffi continues to post.  It's on a whole different level from Chels or whoever else getting flammed and continuing on.

• When I'm on pinterest, and I see pins of who people want cast as Christian Grey in the 50 Shades movies... I pretty much want to cut my own leg off with a rusty bone saw.  Omg.  NO.
    panther
  • I agree about the politics on FB. Believe in what you believe in, but enough with the trashing of either side. Same with religion. I don't care what you believe, but when you start posting stuff about how this person or that person is a horrible human being for OMG believing in something different, then I get annoyed.

• In Response to Re:Unpop opinions/ pet peeves/nonTK grievances:[QUOTE]speaking ofnbsp;50 Shades babies and PinterestI feel like and this might be completely out of left field there will be people getting KU just because OMG baby stuff and newborn pictures are SO CUTE, I want!!!!I feel like my SIL did this. She just wanted to make a cute nursery and buy cute little newborn hats. Posted by jennamarie10[/QUOTE]

I'll admit that even though we really, really do not want children Pinterest baby stuff makes me rethink that descision. I need someone else to have a baby so I can just buy them cute stuff.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards