Snarky Brides

**Fishy**

Re: **Fishy**

• crfischecrfische member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2010
    My issue wasn't that she had a nice ring, GO HER! My issue was that it was ridiculous of her to believe that any of us wouldn't know that a flawless 2.6 carat diamond ring would only be 23,000. I mean, come on.

http://www.bluenile.com/diamond-search?pt=setform
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fishy-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:581580aa-0c05-4104-b05d-b3fd840aa8f2Post:c2207f02-5f16-45bd-bfb8-8cce423fba57">Re: **Fishy**</a>:
    [QUOTE]Meerkat, we're all getting drunk.  We don't care about the dramz. But, IMO, when someone owns up to a mistake, I leave them alone about it.  I've done the same to MC. Honestly, I thought it was a little douchey of Fish to flame Blue in the first place, so I couldn't care less how Blue responded. That's all I'll say about that. Have a drink, Mica, and relax with us :).
    Posted by NatesGirl16[/QUOTE]

TK is acting weird this may come up as a double post. 

I agree that calling people out at all is douchey and do not understand the need for the FFF and AYG boards.  If people in an active thread get heated about a topic ok but why rehash it later in the week?  However this seems to be the way of the world on these boards.  How come some people take flack for doing it while others don't?  At least IMO Fischy did it in the right place. 

Cheers! raises glass to Nates
  • Thanks, MicaKat.

I'm trying to make a flow chart.

Burns in the good morning post? Bad. Unless you're the OP. Then it's ok.

Burns in FFF posts? Ok. Even though somewhat unnecessary.

Burns in other places? Well, depends on who we're burning.

HELP ME!

The Margarita Evolution
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fishy-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:581580aa-0c05-4104-b05d-b3fd840aa8f2Post:af1507bd-5016-46b4-9d4e-7d39327c8917">Re: **Fishy**</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: **Fishy** : by Tiki do you mean <strong>Kiki?</strong> Or did I miss something (totally possible). Okay, let me explain why...people build reps around here...just like in real life. How you respond to certain situations dictates what people think about you. The same goes for YIO and MC. People react the way they do because of things they have said and done (and let me state that I have no problem with YIO whatsoever, I didn't really follow whatever threads gave her whatever rep, as for MC, I get why people feel as they do, regardless of what I personally feel).  Honestly, you can't possibly think that after the crap you have pulled (and really, I didn't read most of it, all I know is that you seem to seek out drama and like to cause trouble) that anyone here takes you seriously. There is a reason why people call you a troll. 
    Posted by number55[/QUOTE]

Yes I meant Kiki sorry about that.  How did she get to be generally disliked?  was it because she made comments that most people thought were tacky, rude or pretentious?  If a newb made comments like Blue's would that not lead to a general dislike of her? 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fishy-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:581580aa-0c05-4104-b05d-b3fd840aa8f2Post:d7410d84-ec7c-40b2-bc7e-daab7af4f5f2">Re: **Fishy**</a>:
    [QUOTE]My issue wasn't that she had a nice ring, GO HER! My issue was that it was <strong>ridiculous of her to believe that any of us wouldn't know that a flawless 2.6 carat diamond ring would only be 23,000. </strong>I mean, come on. <a href="http://www.bluenile.com/diamond-search?pt=setform" rel="nofollow">http://www.bluenile.com/diamond-search?pt=setform</a>
    Posted by crfische[/QUOTE]

Sadly, I would not have known this. I should hand in my woman card immediately.
    imageimage
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fishy-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:581580aa-0c05-4104-b05d-b3fd840aa8f2Post:e30de06e-e711-46b2-a9dd-4b980332b2e3">Re: **Fishy**</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: **Fishy** : Sadly, I would not have known this. I should hand in my woman card immediately.
    Posted by JenGin74[/QUOTE]
    Ha.  You may no longer inhale my sweet, sweet money smell. SHUN.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fishy-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:581580aa-0c05-4104-b05d-b3fd840aa8f2Post:fe7be005-c1b3-4936-bb3c-f71095cc5672">Re: **Fishy**</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: **Fishy** : TK is acting weird this may come up as a double post.  I agree that calling people out at all is douchey and do not understand the need for the FFF and AYG boards.<strong>  If people in an active thread get heated about a topic ok but why rehash it later in the week?  </strong>However this seems to be the way of the world on these boards.  How come some people take flack for doing it while others don't?  At least IMO Fischy did it in the right place.  Cheers! raises glass to Nates
    Posted by MicaKat[/QUOTE]

Because we love the drama?
    imageimage
  • Jen, you get a pass based solely on the fact that...Uhhh...Because...you do. there.

The Margarita Evolution
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fishy-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:581580aa-0c05-4104-b05d-b3fd840aa8f2Post:af1507bd-5016-46b4-9d4e-7d39327c8917">Re: **Fishy**</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: **Fishy** : by Tiki do you mean Kiki? Or did I miss something (totally possible). Okay, let me explain why...<strong>people build reps around here.</strong>..just like in real life. How you respond to certain situations dictates what people think about you. The same goes for YIO and MC. People react the way they do because of things they have said and done (and let me state that I have no problem with YIO whatsoever, I didn't really follow whatever threads gave her whatever rep, as for MC, I get why people feel as they do, regardless of what I personally feel).  Honestly, you can't possibly think that after the crap you have pulled (and really, I didn't read most of it, all I know is that you seem to seek out drama and like to cause trouble) that anyone here takes you seriously. <strong>There is a reason why people call you a troll. 
    </strong>Posted by number55[/QUOTE]

yep sure is.  But that doesn't change the fact that there are a lot of hypocrites on here.  You can hate me for speaking up, or having multiple screen names, or not fitting in with the in crowd.  I really don't care.  In fact it gives me the freedom to say whatever the eff I want. 

And yes people build reps.  That is the point of my post.  Some of you have the reputation of being sheep. 

Why are you so emotional about this numbers?
  • Oh man, I should have just kept my mouth shut lol. To answer why I paged her here, its easy. She posts here too no? Katiewhoomp is right. The apology was for saying I didn't when I did. I honestly forgot about that thread and took what Fish had said in the way like I just had randomly said it in some thread like an assh0le. I was mistaken. It happens. It not like I said "Hey bitch keep your mouth shut cause I nver said that!" But I do stand by what I said about money being taboo here. This is a P&R cause its NYE and a big night at work!
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fishy-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:581580aa-0c05-4104-b05d-b3fd840aa8f2Post:4c20f6f0-8bd9-4b6c-b415-8b00558f82fc">Re: **Fishy**</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: **Fishy** : Ha.  You may no longer inhale my sweet, sweet money smell. SHUN.
    Posted by NatesGirl16[/QUOTE]

But with all that money you could school me up real good on diamonds.
    imageimage
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fishy-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:581580aa-0c05-4104-b05d-b3fd840aa8f2Post:5fbb3f18-7a93-4b6a-a3a7-7351aa7e7dad">Re: **Fishy**</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: **Fishy** : Yes I meant Kiki sorry about that.  How did she get to be generally disliked?  was it because she made comments that most people thought were tacky, rude or pretentious?  If a newb made comments like Blue's would that not lead to a general dislike of her? 

<div>So as for Kiki, no idea. Honestly, I need a seriously detailed flow chart to figure out who used to be friends, who are still friends and who just recently decided that they hate each other. Luckily, I don't *really* care all that much, I try to infer based on posts who is loved/not so much loved here on SB vs. E (NOT THAT THERE IS A RIFT/BOARDWAR/WHATEVER, just because there are definitely people who dislike each other) but really, in the grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter to me. There are people who have been here for many years and there are many regs who are friends outside of TK (let's say FB) and other IRL. I have been here about a year, it has taken me that long to figure out just a bit of the drama that generally goes on. Plus I don't really read/post enough to keep up.</div><div>
    </div><div>As for a newb making comments like Blues...I don't know...you mean her initial comment in the thread on E? Do you mean her page to Fishe? </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fishy-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:581580aa-0c05-4104-b05d-b3fd840aa8f2Post:26160d62-ed67-4ddc-86d2-b17eb8fa2fd9">Re: **Fishy**</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: **Fishy** :  You can hate me for speaking up, or having multiple screen names, or not fitting in with the in crowd. 
    Posted by MicaKat[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I don't hate you for speaking up. You just never contribute anything other than drama. There are plenty of ladies on here who share their opinions very openly, and I think they are respected for it.</div><div>
    </div><div>and, FWIW...I don't know who exactly is in the In crowd but I know that I certainly am not, in fact I don't think I am in any crowd. But I post and I don't cause shiit. And amazingly, people don't react to me like they do to you. It has nothing to do with being popular.

</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fishy-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:581580aa-0c05-4104-b05d-b3fd840aa8f2Post:2d54f3d7-8339-42d7-a06b-f8a7eaa73867">Re: **Fishy**</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks, MicaKat. I'm trying to make a flow chart. Burns in the good morning post? Bad. Unless you're the OP. Then it's ok. Burns in FFF posts? Ok. Even though somewhat unnecessary. Burns in other places? <strong>Well, depends on who we're burning. HELP ME!
    </strong>Posted by crfische[/QUOTE]

See that is the funny thing about SB.  Burn a newb like Crose and everyone is ok with it.  Jack up a semi reg like YIO, Miss Courney or Any and it's cool.  But point out that Blue, M&M, or B did something crappy and everyone crawls out of the wood work to give a million reasons why it is ok for her to do so.  Why can't we just say ya Blue I call BS on you and quit defending yourself by saying oh well I guess I did it but that is when I learned not to talk about money on here.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fishy-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:581580aa-0c05-4104-b05d-b3fd840aa8f2Post:43c2a8ac-a818-42cd-a7f5-17f76f26f29b">Re: **Fishy**</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well, I AM EMOTIONAL. No, I'm not. Well, I mean usually I am, but not about this. Do you guys want me to flow chart my emotions, because today has been a long assmotherfuckingday.

Hook that shiit up
    imageimage
  • I'm a firm believer in anyone can say whatever the hell they want to whenever they want to and either deal with the consequences or the rallying behind them.

The knot is a fickle, fickle place. but really, no one does anything right according to someone.

So I say, just say what you think when you think it and go with it. You may get chastised, you may get applauded, but whatever. Just go with the flow, man.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Doesn't it seem like hair bands put A LOT of effort into their look?  I mean, I love clothes and makeup and shiit, but damn, that's a lot of work.

(this random thought was brought to you based on LTZ's sig.  I also have not started drinking yet :P)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fishy-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:581580aa-0c05-4104-b05d-b3fd840aa8f2Post:43c2a8ac-a818-42cd-a7f5-17f76f26f29b">Re: **Fishy**</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well, I AM EMOTIONAL. No, I'm not. Well, I mean usually I am, but not about this. Do you guys want me to flow chart my emotions, because today has been a long assmotherfuckingday.

<div>I can guess what your emotions have been like based on the fact that you are currently still in the US.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fishy-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:581580aa-0c05-4104-b05d-b3fd840aa8f2Post:b67c77d9-e51f-40af-943b-63b2b9210cf9">Re: **Fishy**</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: **Fishy** : Understandable. But if you think calling people out is douchey, the you calling people out as a troll or AE is kind of hypocritical, no?
    Posted by LessThanZero[/QUOTE]

Who did I call out as a troll or AE? 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fishy-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:581580aa-0c05-4104-b05d-b3fd840aa8f2Post:e525f7d8-042b-40be-897c-2575a2440a93">Re: **Fishy**</a>:
    [QUOTE]It'd be ok if you called me an asshole too. I kinda like it when you talk dirty.

You still wanna make out later?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fishy-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:581580aa-0c05-4104-b05d-b3fd840aa8f2Post:68e5c421-8fec-42f7-8fc6-1be1ac2877df">Re: **Fishy**</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: **Fishy** : See that is the funny thing about SB.  Burn a newb like Crose and everyone is ok with it.  Jack up a semi reg like YIO, Miss Courney or Any and it's cool.  But point out that Blue, M&M, or B did something crappy and everyone crawls out of the wood work to give a million reasons why it is ok for her to do so.  Why can't we just say ya Blue I call BS on you and quit defending yourself by saying oh well I guess I did it but that is when I learned not to talk about money on here.  
    Posted by MicaKat[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Here's my problem. She stated something, the was then proven to be wrong, she came back and admitted that she was wrong.  What else would you like to see happen? Stoning? Public Execution? Are you just pissed because in some situations a poster would be drawn and quartered for doing what Blue did? You are right, so is Fische, TK is a fickle place, people aren't treated equally or fairly, but as I often tell my grade 8 students, life isn't fair, get used to it. 

</div>
  • I think we're all a BIT naive if you don't think regulars are treated differently. They are. I mean, there's good reason for it, and it's because you get to know people's moods, and what they normally post like and if their antics are out of character or whatever, but it takes awhile to get used to the culture of any board, ya know?

But like...say...Stacks, you know her, right? If she came on the boards and all of a sudden was all crazy about something, I'd give her a pass because 9 times out of ten she's hilarious and even keeled. I'd just chalk it up to a bad day.

A newb comes on and does the same, and I don't know that she knows any different so she gets a little more heat than a regular.

This doesn't seem like rocket science, but I was never good in that math/science field.

The Margarita Evolution
  • I AM IN THE US. Until fucking Sunday. But don't think I wasn't at the airport for like...one million hours today.

And yes. I'm free, Blue. Name the time and place.

The Margarita Evolution
  • And what Fische said. It kinda goes with my 'you have a rep' thing...regs have a rep so people don't react quite as strongly, newbs not so much, you kinda have to build it. 
  • edited December 2010
    No, not that you were calling someone out and saying someone was a troll or AE, but that you appear to be one yourself and are calling people out or calling out things that you perceive SB to do.

You can say whatever you want to whoever you want. If something bothers you or you disagree about something you can call out people, and if your argument is valid and you are able to communicate properly, it's really not a big deal. Yes newbs generally do get flamed here more often than regs. It happened to me and it happens to everyone. I'm just not sure where you're going with any of this.
  • In Response to Re: **Fishy**:
    [QUOTE]I'm a firm believer in anyone can say whatever the hell they want to whenever they want to and either deal with the consequences or the rallying behind them. The knot is a fickle, fickle place. but really, no one does anything right according to someone. So I say, just say what you think when you think it and go with it. You may get chastised, you may get applauded, but whatever. Just go with the flow, man.

This exactly.

Mica, I know for a fact that I've said some crap that not everyone agrees with, but you know what? I don't care. It's me. It's who I am and I'm not going to change to make other people comfortable. Take me as I am or don't take me at all.

i think that's something you need to think about. You seem to care way too much about how popular you may or may not be and the popularity of others. it's not a big deal. Just be yourself and stop sweating it
    imageimage
  • Oh, Meerkat, you got flamed or something and you hate everyone. Fine.  Can we move past it?  Let's get our drink on.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fishy-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:581580aa-0c05-4104-b05d-b3fd840aa8f2Post:a2df59e3-918f-412a-bd27-4af1d1f9aecf">Re: **Fishy**</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think we're all a BIT naive if you don't think regulars are treated differently. They are. I mean, there's good reason for it, and it's because you get to know people's moods, and what they normally post like and if their antics are out of character or whatever, but it takes awhile to get used to the culture of any board, ya know? But like...say...Stacks, you know her, right? If she came on the boards and all of a sudden was all crazy about something, I'd give her a pass because 9 times out of ten she's hilarious and even keeled. I'd just chalk it up to a bad day. A newb comes on and does the same, and I don't know that she knows any different so she gets a little more heat than a regular. This doesn't seem like rocket science, but I was never good in that math/science field.

This is all I am saying.  Let's not act like it doesn't happen.  And maybe if we could admit that it does we could cut some newbs some slack FFS and not be so ZOMG lurk longer, get a lfe, no you can't do that, blah blah blah. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fishy-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:581580aa-0c05-4104-b05d-b3fd840aa8f2Post:68e5c421-8fec-42f7-8fc6-1be1ac2877df">Re: **Fishy**</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: **Fishy** : See that is the funny thing about SB.  Burn a newb like Crose and everyone is ok with it.  Jack up a semi reg like YIO, Miss Courney or Any and it's cool.  But point out that Blue, M&M, or B did something crappy and everyone crawls out of the wood work to give a million reasons why it is ok for her to do so.  Why can't we just say ya Blue I call BS on you and quit defending yourself by saying oh well I guess I did it but that is when I learned not to talk about money on here.  

Maybe because I called myself out first? And I don't think I was defending myself, in fact I said I was embarrassed so there is that.

Plenty of new people post stupid shiit and correct themselves and its nbd. Its when they don't admit they were wrong that they get flammed. I said I was wrong. I don't understand your persistence on the matter.

FTR: I was flammed worse than any newb on here now when I was new so really, they get it pretty easy when it comes to flames now compared to flames a year ago.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I don't know MicaKat from a hole in the wall, but what she's saying isn't like in jupiter or anything. I mean, she's right in a lot of ways.

And I think we're all saying the same thing, but you guys know Mica more than I do, so maybe it's because she's ruffled some feathers before that it rubs you the wrong way, I get that.

The Margarita Evolution
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards