Snarky Brides
Options

AYG?

1235»

Re: AYG?

• Options

I also dont buy the whole "if its socially acceptable in you area/social circle" argument.

Its socially acceptable in my circle to call each other gay and retarded.  Doesnt make it right.

045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-27?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6a9b1298-792a-40fc-a542-0dcc3fe0616dPost:891fa5a2-7928-49b7-8233-ad4e72a09834">Re: AYG?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Now to make AYG even more of a yawn....  What do you all think about beer and wine paid by the host while guests pay for cocktails?  (That's what I'm doing and honestly I feel awful about it).
    Posted by lbarr088[/QUOTE]

We HAD to do this (venue requirement and we didn't know until after we signed the contract, and most of the venues we looked at required it too), and it wasn't a problem.  BUT cash bars are normal and accepted around here, so people were just thrilled to have beer and wine that were free, which changes things if people aren't used to cash bars.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-27?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6a9b1298-792a-40fc-a542-0dcc3fe0616dPost:afb906a8-372a-4aa5-960f-6c82feacc005">Re: AYG?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG? : Personally I would only offer what I am paying for.
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

<div>I agree.  If people wanted to purchase cocktails (the bar is stocked anyways) then I figured they could but I wasn't going to put it out there like "Hey you can't have that unless you pay sucka!"  </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-27?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6a9b1298-792a-40fc-a542-0dcc3fe0616dPost:a44ab14c-eeac-4d07-9736-53aa2695c5b5">Re: AYG?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I also dont buy the whole "if its socially acceptable in you area/social circle" argument. <strong>Its socially acceptable in my circle to call each other gay and retarded.  Doesnt make it right.</strong>
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

<div>That's true.  That is a pretty obvious example of what isn't right.  On the other hand, if the issue at hand isn't so cut and dry who's to say their "area/circle" is more correct and does things right, etc?  </div><div>
    </div><div>Basically I don't get it either.  I think it's hard to pass judgement on things people do from different areas based on your own areas perspective.... unless of course they are calling people gay and retarded... then judge away :)</div>
  • Options
    Eh- its not one area vs another. Its what you (general you) are doing vs proper etiquette.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    People who are adamently against cash bars have never been to a wedding in central WI.  ;)

When my mom got remarried, their entire wedding was about $7k for 350 people. $2k of that was booze (in central WI, that's a shitton of booze). They opted to pay for a few kegs and a some random liquor bottles. After it was gone, it switched to cash bar. (totally normal and expected.) The venue made another $3k on top of that, just in booze. That is an insane amount of alcohol.

And, food and alcohol are not the same thing.  You can usually be safe serving one or two food options, but that's not true with booze. You also don't provide people unlimited food for 6+ hours at a reception either.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards