Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

FFF: Flame Free Friday!

Have at it ladies.Sorry if I stepped on anyone's toes starting this, but I didn't see it yet... :)

Re: FFF: Flame Free Friday!

• Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sure that Mariah won't cut you.  :-)
  • Options
    JessAndColtonJessAndColton member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I noticed I tend to end/start/put a smiley on EVERY post.  I'm sorry if it annoys you, but I am a happy person and put a smile because I am smiling when I'm typing. (Or maybe it is because I don't want to come across as super evil). haha.  BUT I know it's annoying and I will *try* to cut back. (see no smiley...)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Did someone say something?  I think it's cute, like Apple's lols.  Kind of endearing.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jess better watch her back... :) Just kidding!
  • Options
    appletango85appletango85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha Julie I was just about to say something about my lols...LOL!bahahaha   >:)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jess, I don't think there's anything wrong with smiles. If I actually found myself thinking "gah, how annoying, another smile" I'd seriously have to evaluate my own attitude.:)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, I totally do the smileys, too!  Maybe not in posts as often as I do in emails to Jordan, but I caught myself starting almost every email to him with "Haha..." and ending with :)  Granted, he's a funny guy, and I usually write back something sarcastic so I feel the :) is necessary to keep me from sounding bitchy.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think everyone should end their posts like this..lol :)it's like a signature!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Okay enough with the smilies and LOL where's the juicy stuff?? I'm getting ready to leave for a meeting, I hope to find some juicy FFF stuff when I get back.: )
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How about this? Whenever holidays roll around I tell my FI not to get me anything, then I have the gall to be mad when I don't get much.For my birthday yesterday, I told him that he could just buy my wedding band, so he did, then I was still disappointed when I didn't get anything else.  He even asked me several times what else I wanted and I told him nothing. Yep, I'm a greedy fiance who expects him to read my mind.
  • Options
    l33annal33anna member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    lol :) I love smileys! My FFF: Yes I am getting married in 50 days and no I have not "worked out". I am comfortable in my body and think I will look fabulous in my dress....don't be mad at me cause I can eat 10 choc. chip cookies for lunch. ;)~  
  • Options
    JessAndColtonJessAndColton member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I wish I could eat 10 chocolate chip cookies!! That would rock. :) And thanks ladies.  I don't think anyone said something, but I am sure it was bound to get on someone's nerves.
  • Options
    kris928kris928 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    10 Chocolate chip cookies?! Are you crazy!! haha..just kidding, I'm jealous!Jess, like Julie said, the smilies are endearing.I'll come back with my FFF, I know I have something, I just can't remember what it is.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know my dads feelings and all, but seriously.. don't show up if you can't fake it. And seriously.. no gift? not even a card??? WTF
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So this may not be "flammable" but even though I'm really excited to get my dress, I'm totally afraid to go dress shopping! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nae,Bill and I were looking at your pictures and he commented that at least his parents put on a few thin smiles.  I agree with you:  it would have been better that he stayed away.  I would say something else but he is your dad....I was even wondering if he showed up the day you got married.  And was that your little brother?  If so, the joy in your face was priceless.
  • Options
    lyndie_bethlyndie_beth member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nae, you are a bigger person than I am because if I was dealing with the same issues with my dad he wouldn't have received an invitation.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Alyssa I'm the same way! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, that was my lil bro.. I hadn't seen him since Christmas, so it made my day. My dad even came into the brides room right before the ceremony started and asked me if I was sure I wanted to do this. started crying, and walked out.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was disappointed to hear that Obama's beer of choice the other day was a Bud Lite.  You can have any beer you want and that's what you pick?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Okay, Nae, I can't hold it in.  Jerk.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh my gosh Nae, that is just terrible!  I am so sorry!  You are a much bigger person than I am to handle that situation gracefully.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
     wow. I now hate l33ana. Yep I said it.B!tch!!!*goes to find 10 choc chip cookies to make me feel better*;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    AND... my step mother has 5 pictures from my wedding on her FB.1. Her and her sister and her sister's daughter2. Her and little bro3. just her4. just sister's daughter5. older bro and little broperiod. that's it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow! Kudos to you!! I would have turned the situation ugly VERY quick!!! Your wedding came out very gorgeous! And you looked very happy!!! As long as your happy and he treats you well, that is all that should matter! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nae, I'm so sorry!  That's awful and frustrating and a whole host of other bad feelings.  I'm not normally pissed off at people I don't know, but I'm pissed on your behalf.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry that you had to deal with that on your wedding day, Rene. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sometimes I miss Amber&Namon's random posts....and everyone's ensuing frustration with them. :P
  • Options
    TCUESW1999TCUESW1999 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto SCBride! My birthday is today and fiance kept asking me what I wanted and I told him nothing, to save money for the wedding. I kinda do hope he does get me a little something now and I always expect him to read my mind....it is stupid, I say nothing when I really hope he gets me something. I should just flat out say ok, a small gift would be great. Sheesh. I don't have a FFF. More of a B&M. I am 34, have really bad cramps, fiance was called in to work last night at 2:00am and I got 2 hours of sleep. Yay for me. BTW, happy belated birthday SC!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My FF: I hate how the majority of people I work with know our family situations because of my SIL. Yep...she likes to tell everybody her business...and than gets upset when the word gets around...and back to me!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards