Snarky Brides
Options

HELLO.

1235»

Re: HELLO.

• Options
    I really don't have much experience. I have worked in the grocery business since I was 17. I have been at the same store doing defferent things for the last 8 years. I just don't think I can handle working with some of my coworkers much longer.
    Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • Options
    I have never really had to find a job so I have no idea where to begin.
    Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • Options
    I have always had the best luck with local career sites so I am of no help. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_hello-44?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:86600d65-0a21-4cf2-ab6d-2274254db518Post:9ebc25f9-b3ed-42c8-82ac-92e6f464b402">Re: HELLO.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Understandable, C.
    Posted by ZombieNates[/QUOTE]

Totally. If you have any specific organizations/companies you want to work with you can always check out their websites.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Yeah, I ditto Pixie and Koda. If you have a particular place check with their website. Good luck!
  • Options
    That sounds like a good time, Koda. 
  • Options
    WTF, Kodacat? That shiit's not cool. ;)

But seriously, that's gross.

I hope someone cries on this scared straight.  J, are you still around? Or anyone in a similar profession (therapy, etc). I'd be interested in what you think of Scared Straight type programs. I don't really know anything about them, except what I used to see on Maury and now this show.
  • Options

Shitty kitty made me lol.

Nates...Oh lord.  I HATE Scared Straight.  HATE.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_hello-44?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:86600d65-0a21-4cf2-ab6d-2274254db518Post:26078599-7e63-42a5-b6df-7b3ac025e824">Re: HELLO.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Uhmmmmmm. My cat just came in from,outside. He had what looked like mud on his back. Nope not mud, it's shiit. I just chased shitty kitty around the house with a soapy paper towel.
    Posted by kodakitty[/QUOTE]

Not fun.  Yestarday one of mine used the box right after her sis, and wandered the house with poo paws.  They are disgusting little creatures. 
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_hello-44?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:86600d65-0a21-4cf2-ab6d-2274254db518Post:36e864bc-afc7-4fb3-93f4-4028bc0933e0">Re: HELLO.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Shitty kitty made me lol. Nates...Oh lord.  I HATE Scared Straight.  HATE.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]
    I imagine from your perspective, you see more harm than helping?

I wonder how it affects the prisoners, too, after watching these episodes.
  • Options
    Ew Koda that's real gross.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    To put in a really, really simplified nutshell...

I think you can split the kids into two groups.  The group that could potentially learn something from it, and the group that...won't.

The ones that could potentially learn something from it are the ones that are "bad" because shiit is fucked up in their lives, or they're experimenting, or whatever.  The message they'll get is "So...if I keep screwing up, you'll just get rid of me."  And then?  They'll make it happen so it happens on their own terms.  Because they figure no matter what they're gone eventually.

The ones that won't learn anything from it?  Well...they won't learn anything from it.

But that is 100% my opinion, and of course there are always exceptions.

• Options
    Poor shittyKodaKitty. 

yes, I am laughing.  Sorry.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Ok so in our new house our bed has to go in front of a window. I googled "beds in front of windows" to get ideas for headboards and a picture of a naked dude and a camel came up in the results. Google confuses me sometimes. 
  • Options
    Google is a scary place
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_hello-44?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:86600d65-0a21-4cf2-ab6d-2274254db518Post:166b52b4-8f3d-40d3-bc1e-7532dd5b553d">Re: HELLO.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok so in our new house our bed has to go in front of a window. I googled "beds in front of windows" to get ideas for headboards and a picture of a naked dude and a camel came up in the results. Google confuses me sometimes. 
    Posted by reils[/QUOTE]

HAHA Amazing.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Box Kitty LOVES the tub.  She likes to lay in it when it's all wet after I shower.  WTF cat?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_hello-44?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:86600d65-0a21-4cf2-ab6d-2274254db518Post:d781c111-0307-4ac6-aec0-7e25f5696b76">Re: HELLO.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is scared straight the reality show where they punk people with freaky ass ish like aliens, zombies, axe murderers and the like? I would be livid if any of my friends/family signed me up for that. Peeing your pants is not the coolest if done on national TV. Oh and Koda the kitty is getting dubbed shitty kitty for at least the rest of the weekend after that stunt.
    Posted by kodakitty[/QUOTE]
    Ha, no.  It's where they take the kids to prison in order to "scare" them off of their current path. The prisoners show them life in prison, yell at them, etc.

A teacher I work with used to have prisoners come into the school and talk to kids. This was years ago, and I imagine they would have been minor offenders to be able to come in to talk, alhtough I know nothing about that, TBH. He said it was eye-opening for a lot of them, but I don't know what-all was talked about. I doubt it was as intense as Scared Straight.
  • Options
    LesPaulLesPaul member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited January 2012

Muenster does that too, J - he gets in the tub as soon as I turn off the shower water, and then gets a drink near the drain.  There are at least 2 quarts of fresh water to drink at any time.  Why does he get in the tub like he's about to die of dehydration and needs to find the last drops of water on Earth?

ETA:  Nates - I love your sig.  I'm dying.

• Options
    Bax sometimes will just go up to bath water and lick it, even though he has cold water in his bowl. I seriously need to start my "My pet is a douche" posts because this dog does anything he can to act crazy.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_hello-44?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:86600d65-0a21-4cf2-ab6d-2274254db518Post:6b0449c5-6524-4da7-b3bd-ec905689977c">Re: HELLO.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Google is a scary place
    Posted by LesPaul[/QUOTE]

<div>Yes, yes it is. </div>
  • Options
    Wait, one pic of a naked guy and one of a camel, or a pic of a naked guy with a camel?
    For a project on the pet human bond, a friend and I were looking for pics of "people with their pets" over half of the pics were girls kissing.  No search term is sacred. 

Koda- if my cats were in the tub, I would know why, the little wierdo's drink the water that pools in the door runners.  As my FI says "of course they drink it. That water has tastes."
  • Options
    Jack (our dog) licks the puddles on the floor after we get out of the shower or bubbles off the edge of the tub. Why would he want to eat soap? Weirdo.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_hello-44?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:86600d65-0a21-4cf2-ab6d-2274254db518Post:4020758f-df32-483b-9e97-dc9e3e6be5e1">Re: HELLO.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Jack (our dog) licks the puddles on the floor after we get out of the shower or bubbles off the edge of the tub. Why would he want to eat soap? Weirdo.
    Posted by reils[/QUOTE]

Purina can't taste <em>that</em> bad.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_hello-44?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:86600d65-0a21-4cf2-ab6d-2274254db518Post:455db3ac-1149-4725-8956-3201aa140db8">Re: HELLO.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wait, one pic of a naked guy and one of a camel, or a pic of a naked guy with a camel? For a project on the pet human bond, a friend and I were looking for pics of "people with their pets" over half of the pics were girls kissing.  No search term is sacred.  Koda- if my cats were in the tub, I would know why, the little wierdo's drink the water that pools in the door runners.  As my FI says "of course they drink it. That water has tastes."
    Posted by Gabrielle76[/QUOTE]

<div>A pic of a naked guy with a camel .It's a naked guy with a camel sticcking his head into the picture. </div>
  • Options
    Koda, that's Bax to a T. He's a baby freak.

Right now he's sleeping and he looks so cute--he's got his head on one pillow and another pillow pulled over him like a blanket. I went to take a pic of him, and he quick picked his head up and gave me a look that could only say "Seriously? I'm sleeping, FFS." It was a moment of complete accord.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_hello-44?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:86600d65-0a21-4cf2-ab6d-2274254db518Post:17f7950b-d36a-4d86-b514-d77aa26a5f38">Re: HELLO.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: HELLO. : A pic of a naked guy with a camel .It's a naked guy with a camel sticcking his head into the picture. 
    Posted by reils[/QUOTE]

How unique
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards