Snarky Brides
Options

AYG

Re: AYG

• Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    I think the main problem with the board is its just a big "omg look how domestic I am, I clean and cook food!" circle jerk. Ya I cook food too, but I dont have to talk about it ever half hour. Its boring.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-28?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:901acefe-4220-44e0-9f8f-64dc621c9168Post:b596678c-a771-4d24-ae73-0af36c8826df">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think this probably goes without saying, but Mery's comment about people on this board using misogynistic language is stupid. People are going to use whatever language they feel like. Grow up. Next we're going to be told that cussing should be stopped because it makes people less intelligent or something equally ridiculous.
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  Also I found it hilarious that after DJ (i thing) was making fun of how Mery comes into threads hours after they are dead, she did that exact thing in FFF. 
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    I flame mynameisnot for telling a girl on CC that it was "sad" that most people she knew took their H's last names. That's just silly and condescending as hell.
  • Options
    This was hashed out, but I flame Alli for her "OMG CHELS GET OFF THE COMPUTER AND START TEACHING" lameassness. again. We get it. You like to endlessly talk about teachers being on TK during the day. You did it to MC, you're doing it to Chels.

(I know this is a lame flame, but I'm reaching for something here.)

• Options
    DJ- I still have not figured Edie out.  I dont dislike her or anything, I think she is really nice.  I guess I just dont know people IRL who are like that, so its hard for me to decipher if its genuine or not.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I like some of the cooking threads, it's just a place for ideas.

and dj, naive is always what I think of Edie. I think she is very sweet, but yes, some of the stuff she says is so off the wall to me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-28?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:901acefe-4220-44e0-9f8f-64dc621c9168Post:04b56de8-ed95-42ff-a085-93d4a50167e0">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]I flame mynameisnot for telling a girl on CC that it was "sad" that most people she knew took their H's last names. <strong>That's just silly and condescending as hell</strong>.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

Holy eff.  Indeed.
    panther
  • Options
    Edie is the queen of TK party lines.
  • Options
    I also can't stand it when someone comes on and wants to do the do-over wedding thing (vow renewal) and makes the grave mistake of calling it a wedding instead of a vow renewal and then 100 people rip her a new asshole for using the wrong word. It's one thing to think do-overs are lame. It's something completely different to have a coronary over someone using the wrong word to describe it.
  • Options
    I adore Edie but every time she's the first reply in a thread I imagine her yelling "I'M FIRST BITCHES"
    panther
  • Options
    TBH, I'm kind of sick of hearing anything about Chels.  Seriously.  I remember this from almost a year ago when I started posting.  Chels this, Chels, that... WE GET IT.
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    Sometimes I feel like whenever someone asks a question, anna makes a mad dash to google it and answer it word for word with what her search results spit out. We get it dude, you have time to google everything. Its annoying as hell.
  • Options
    I dont know why being called snotty bugs me, lol.  It just really burned my asss for some reason.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-28?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:901acefe-4220-44e0-9f8f-64dc621c9168Post:3ba56794-777f-44df-9d2d-2a7715caeb20">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]Something the poll on Friday made me think about is how lots of posters were like "Edie is obnoxious" and several were "No, Edie is great. Her questions show she cares!"  I think a lot of the divide is whether or not the poster reads WR threads.  I like talking to Edie over here in chatty threads, <strong>but I feel like in WR threads, she often looks for reasons to jump on the OP.   And to do so, she usually quotes the wall-of-text, bolds one sentence, and asks a question that doesn't even really matter.  It feels harsh sometimes, especially if the post is pretty harmless.  </strong> Also, sometimes her responses come off really naive.  For example, there was a post recently where a MOB didn't like that her daughter was having her wedding far away from family because she thought it would be too expensive for everyone to travel.  I agree that it's not the MOBs call where the wedding is, but after some arguing/discussing, one of Edie's points was "I would never let cost keep me from going to a wedding of someone I cared about."  I sideeyed that and felt judged because there are several weddings of people I really care about that I haven't gone to because of cost.  Some of my cousins couldn't afford to come to my wedding.  It's not that people care less; these are real concerns. I felt like she was making a blanket statement just to prove her point, but it came off as either naive or spoiled to me.
    Posted by djhar[/QUOTE]

<div>The bolded is exactly what I was trying to get at when I said "nitpicky" in the poll thread, but wasn't wording it well.  I do think she cares about people, and I do like her.  But yeah, she comes off as condescending and/or naive a lot.  I don't think she means to, but it happens. </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-28?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:901acefe-4220-44e0-9f8f-64dc621c9168Post:60b4c2c3-ba55-4270-9bf6-586d023e6f66">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think I must be stupid, but is that why MNIN"s screen name is "my name is not (insert H's name here)"?  Maybe she has a thing about taking someone's last name. Doesn't excuse it, and I agree with the flame.  Just a random thought.
    Posted by 1covejack[/QUOTE]

no. I think she had to change her SN when the format changed and that's why it's mynameisnot.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-28?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:901acefe-4220-44e0-9f8f-64dc621c9168Post:c96dceec-91db-453e-bdeb-580e905de98a">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sometimes I feel like whenever someone asks a question, anna makes a mad dash to google it and answer it word for word with what her search results spit out. We get it dude, you have time to google everything. Its annoying as hell.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I you probably wont believe me, but I actually don't do this. 

</div>
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-28?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:901acefe-4220-44e0-9f8f-64dc621c9168Post:a10264f2-8742-4e41-bb56-add975992ce2">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]TBH, I'm kind of sick of hearing anything about Chels.  Seriously.  I remember this from almost a year ago when I started posting.  Chels this, Chels, that... WE GET IT.
    Posted by lbarr088[/QUOTE]

meh, she brought it on herself at the beginning. Then it got overdone, but she loves the attention anyway.
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-28?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:901acefe-4220-44e0-9f8f-64dc621c9168Post:cba0d7ca-20e0-415b-a069-71e0fa511c70">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG : I you probably wont believe me, but I actually don't do this. 
    Posted by RupertPenny[/QUOTE]
    Different Anna
  • Options
    I think Edie wants to be snarky, but is afraid to do it to regs, so she pounces on WR threads as a way to do it.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-28?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:901acefe-4220-44e0-9f8f-64dc621c9168Post:cba0d7ca-20e0-415b-a069-71e0fa511c70">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG : I you probably wont believe me, but I actually don't do this. 
    Posted by RupertPenny[/QUOTE]

Other Anna, I think ;)
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    I know we arent supposed to make looks comments but god dammit I hate chel's FI's goatee. I dunno what it is about it, but I just hate it. Just like I hated whit's H's mustache. Blagh.
  • Options
    Sorry, I was confused. 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-28?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:901acefe-4220-44e0-9f8f-64dc621c9168Post:c96dceec-91db-453e-bdeb-580e905de98a">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sometimes I feel like whenever someone asks a question, anna makes a mad dash to google it and answer it word for word with what her search results spit out. We get it dude, you have time to google everything. Its annoying as hell.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

And you think I suck.  I get it.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-28?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:901acefe-4220-44e0-9f8f-64dc621c9168Post:4b1c64f2-7bb7-4e12-8acb-8f40059a0deb">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think Edie wants to be snarky, but is afraid to do it to regs, so she pounces on WR threads as a way to do it.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

I could see that. Which is sad, because I think I'd like her more if she was snarky (bleh) all around.

Not that people HAVE to be mean for me to like them. I just... I don't I know anyone IRL as.... nice... as Edie. So I just assume it's forced or fake or something. Like I've said before, that's a super lame reason to flame someone though.
  • Options

Nebb- do you hate my H's beard, lol.  He has been rocking one for awhile now!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    CellesCelles member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited March 2012
    I don't know.  I think Mery had a point.  Obviously, no one here is a misogynist.  But using words like "slut," "whore" and "bitch" -- all of which refer to women who have sex or opinions, or both! -- as insults does say something about the way our culture as a whole has historically viewed women. 

You're free to disagree, of course, but I read Mery's point as largely academic and I don't feel that "grow up" is a particularly mature response.  You're right, Mara: people will say whatever they want to say, and it's dangerous to infer a specific meaning where none is intended.  But at the same time, I can't help but think it would be nice to live in a world where words like this weren't commonly used as insults. 

I should mention: I think there's a difference between words like "cvnt" and words like "whore."  (We use male-oriented anatomical expletives too, so there's no inequalities there!)  It's the words that refer specifically to women who exhibit certain behaviors that bother me, especially when they're used in context to denigrate women, and not just as random profanity.
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    No, I love beards with the passion of a thousand burning suns. Beards are pure sex. Adam sucks and wont grow one. 
  • Options
    Nebb you should have seen Ben's college years soul patch.  Even I make fun of him for that.

It's the only facial hair he can grow that doesn't come in all... mangey.
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-28?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:901acefe-4220-44e0-9f8f-64dc621c9168Post:0a8aeea9-8f36-4691-834e-882027e27feb">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]This was hashed out, but I flame Alli for her "OMG CHELS GET OFF THE COMPUTER AND START TEACHING" lameassness. again. We get it. You like to endlessly talk about teachers being on TK during the day. You did it to MC, you're doing it to Chels. (I know this is a lame flame, but I'm reaching for something here.)
    Posted by Steph+J[/QUOTE]
    Yep, this was going to be my flame. Alli went out of her way to be an absolute condescending bitch. I'm all for calling people out if you disagree with them, but you don't have to act like a complete diickface about it. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I know Rupert is Anna, but I want to know why she changed her sn. You still here, AnnaPenny? tell me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards