Snarky Brides

AYG

Re: AYG

• NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    In Response to Re:AYG:[QUOTE]In Response to Re:AYG:I can believe the brookerich story cause tons of weird shiit happens to me regularly so off the wall RL drama is believable to me. What strikes me as strange is how overshary she is for a newb that noone seems to really know or interact with.Posted by NebbI think it was a real story too.nbsp; And if you are a newb and something crazy like that happens to you it seems like the perfect thing to post because it would be dramatic enough to get some activity and also not personally about her or her wedding.nbsp; I would rather see a post like this than the tenth what's for dinner this week post.nbsp; Posted by Dot Dash[/QUOTE]
    That makes sense, I didn't really think of it that way.
  • I did a post sort of like that when I was new, even though I'm still "newish."  It was when a CW had something thrown at her.  It was so crazy I had to share somewhere and everyone at work clearly new what was up.  Maybe deep down I was like "zomg people come talk to me!"
  • Well.  Kate C was just a fucking psychopath.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-28?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:901acefe-4220-44e0-9f8f-64dc621c9168Post:c8021cd0-b1ce-4e8c-af7f-fdf71c20d8e9">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is Kate C the one I've heard referenced who made up a dead fiance'?
    Posted by djhar[/QUOTE]
    yep, he supposedly got killed helping an elderly man out of the street. A bunch of drama came about because of it, but no one <em>really </em>knows if it was MUD or not. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-28?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:901acefe-4220-44e0-9f8f-64dc621c9168Post:d76b31dc-bed2-40e5-a8db-41a4873cfc29">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG : yep, he supposedly got killed helping an elderly man out of the street. A bunch of drama came about because of it, but no one really knows if it was MUD or not. 
    Posted by dmiller9274[/QUOTE]
    Didn't she post on TN too, but her story was that she had 2 kids and her H was killed on 9/11 or something? Or am I totally wrong?
  • Also, Pirate, look at the thread she started.  She said she wanted to know what people do for work, yet her only response in the thread was her saying what her job is.  Thread has been going on for 2 hours, and not one reply from her.  So to me, thats "Im going to pretend I want to know what you do, but really I just want to tell you about my cool job and peace out."
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-28?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:901acefe-4220-44e0-9f8f-64dc621c9168Post:3ede0f11-5786-4cdd-84f1-7b59629c1c32">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG : Didn't she post on TN too, but her story was that she had 2 kids and her H was killed on 9/11 or something? Or am I totally wrong?
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]
    I think so, but it was a different SN. Somehow someone put it together that it was maybe the same person and it kind of went wild. I remember some links to a bunch of inconsistent stories under each of the SN's. I'm pretty sure it was confirmed that she was a liarface, just not sure that it was confirmed that she was disgusting enough to make up a dead FI. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-28?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:901acefe-4220-44e0-9f8f-64dc621c9168Post:8e857df5-6086-42a2-aacf-d9657037a273">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG : You may have just convinced me. 
    Posted by Dot Dash[/QUOTE]

It amazes me that nobody else notices she does this.

I mean, sure, post what you want, but its pretty obvious to me what she is doing.  So I called it out.  Im not saying she isnt allowed to do it.  Just saying I notice it and think its lame.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-28?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:901acefe-4220-44e0-9f8f-64dc621c9168Post:488dd0a9-1be5-42e7-be32-5423eba824a1">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG : Its a flame pirate.  You dont have to agree with it.  Its an observation of mine that other people have seen too.  I dont care when threads get started or by whom, I just notice that she does it whenever there is an active thread going on that "goes against her beliefs (for lack of a better word).  She is a pacifist, so rather than just letting things flow the way they are, it seems like she wants to change the flow to something she approves of.  And that usually involves talking about herself.
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

It's a flame? I didn't notice.

You don't have to agree with me either. I wan't trying to convince you of anything, just sharing a different perspective. And I thought it was weird that you seemed to be complaining that there was more than one thread active at once. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-28?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:901acefe-4220-44e0-9f8f-64dc621c9168Post:4fe560a9-ce94-47d8-b397-126351a4ec29">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG : It amazes me that nobody else notices she does this. I mean, sure, post what you want, but its pretty obvious to me what she is doing.  So I called it out.  Im not saying she isnt allowed to do it.  Just saying I notice it and think its lame.
    but she totes lurks from her phone so she can read all about how interesting we are. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • It never occured to me that the brooker story was fake. It seemed like something unfortunate that really would happen to a poor kid, and like nebb said, weird shiit like that happens.

BUT, I did wonder why she had a diaper on hand to change him. I figured she either has a kid, or used a towel or something.

The KateC thing still pisses me off. I sent her a nice email and everything, and she responded to it like she was grieving. No more nice emails from me, unless I know you for sure.
  • I'm way behind, but now I wanna know what Nebb thinks of my husband's beard, being that she's a beard connoisseur.

Rumor is he's had it since 5.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-28?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:901acefe-4220-44e0-9f8f-64dc621c9168Post:cf34fec3-76f4-46e9-92a7-2169a7da533d">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]Also, Pirate, look at the thread she started.  She said she wanted to know what people do for work, yet her only response in the thread was her saying what her job is.  Thread has been going on for 2 hours, and not one reply from her.  So to me, thats "Im going to pretend I want to know what you do, but really I just want to tell you about my cool job and peace out."

I do agree that not babysitting a thread, especially a "tell me about your..." thread, isn't cool. 
  • edited March 2012
    This is not TK related but I have to biitch.  The chiller for the building is down.  They were caught off guard and it will take a few days for it to ramp up again.  Thanks, now I am suffering from heat stroke while sitting at my bench/desk.  We don't have windows... it being a lab and all so tomorrow will suck ballz.  It's going to be in the 80s last I heard.  I'm thinking of bringing in a crap tastic box fan I have lying around to at least get some circulation going.  
  • I didnt realize I needed to say "Poli I flame you for xyz".  I thought it being in AYG made it obvious that it was a flame.

I posted in her thread and in Stefs.  If I had a problem with other threads going on, I would have ignored them.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Kate C still pisses me off.  For real.  I shared my hearfelt story with her.  She kept up the ruse in e-mail for a really long time.  I fought the "Kate C is a fake" line of thought for a really long time.  It's sickening.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-28?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:901acefe-4220-44e0-9f8f-64dc621c9168Post:ea1a1e21-9c6b-44c8-ac80-e6d65ed331c8">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]I didnt realize I needed to say "Poli I flame you for xyz".  I thought it being in AYG made it obvious that it was a flame. I posted in her thread and in Stefs.  If I had a problem with other threads going on, I would have ignored them.

That was my sarcasm font, Blue.  Sarcasm fail Chelsea style, party of pirate.
  • A good majority of Poli's threads are P&Rs, but she usually comes back later to respond. That's what I usually expect, anyway.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-28?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:901acefe-4220-44e0-9f8f-64dc621c9168Post:2f3f39fa-12e1-4c35-ac14-7b6616079753">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]H doesnt have a very strong chin, so facial hair looks good on him.  He doubted my advice on growing the beard, but now all his little hooker bartenders tell him its sexy, so he likes it, lol.

Adam has pretty weak chin. When he shaved his beard once, I could hardly recognize him. I hated it!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-28?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:901acefe-4220-44e0-9f8f-64dc621c9168Post:be30f82c-9496-4cea-b33d-bd28057890fd">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]A good majority of Poli's threads are P&Rs, but she usually comes back later to respond. That's what I usually expect, anyway.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

And the majority of them are about herself.

Listen, I like Poli just fine.  But I think she is pretty self absorbed as a poster.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to Re:AYG:[QUOTE]Poli I know you dont like AYG's, but you seem to come into them everytime we do it, without a flame, and then go start a new thead while AYG is going pretty well.ETA: And its always a job related thread. Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]Sorry for the wait, I was in session. There may be instances that you're thinking about that I'm not remembering, but the only time I can think of was when I started a "what's your vice?" thread during an UnPop thread. I don't start threads that often, so I'm a bit confused why you think I always do this. I actually don't mind AYG, I just don't have much to contribute.
  • Was Kate C also the one who wanted opinions about cities she could potentially move to, including DC, but in another thread said she graduated from Georgetown or something like that?  Either way, making up the story about her fiance dying is sickening. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-28?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:901acefe-4220-44e0-9f8f-64dc621c9168Post:e20fa3d2-f4e8-4d0b-b6d3-5a4d674736f0">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>It never occured to me that the brooker story was fake</strong>. It seemed like something unfortunate that really would happen to a poor kid, and like nebb said, weird shiit like that happens. BUT, I did wonder why she had a diaper on hand to change him. I figured she either has a kid, or used a towel or something. The KateC thing still pisses me off. I sent her a nice email and everything, and she responded to it like she was grieving. No more nice emails from me, unless I know you for sure.

Me neither.. although in hindsight.. wasn't her thread title or one of the first things she said something like "You can't make this stuff up"?
  • I notice you do it everytime there is a thread that is in the slightest bit confrontational.  Any debate thread, AYG's, UO's, etc.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-28?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:901acefe-4220-44e0-9f8f-64dc621c9168Post:e20fa3d2-f4e8-4d0b-b6d3-5a4d674736f0">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]It never occured to me that the brooker story was fake. It seemed like something unfortunate that really would happen to a poor kid, and like nebb said, weird shiit like that happens. <strong>BUT, I did wonder why she had a diaper on hand to change him. I figured she either has a kid, or used a towel or something.</strong> The KateC thing still pisses me off. I sent her a nice email and everything, and she responded to it like she was grieving. No more nice emails from me, unless I know you for sure.

That's what I thought too.
  • In Response to Re:AYG:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG:In Response to Re: AYG : IDK, I see it as exactly what the party line tells people to do.nbsp; Don't like what's being talked about in a thread? Start one with something you'd rather talk about.nbsp; I think job stuff is just what's on Poli's mind. I'm not going to address the frequency thing, because I haven't noted it happening as much as you ETA and Nebb have, but I haven't not noticed it either, if that makes sense.Posted by pirategal03Its a flame pirate.nbsp; You dont have to agree with it.nbsp; Its an observation of mine that other people have seen too.nbsp; I dont care when threads get started or by whom, I just notice that she does it whenever there is an active thread going on that "goes against her beliefs for lack of a better word.nbsp; She is a pacifist, so rather than just letting things flow the way they are, it seems like she wants to change the flow to something she approves of.nbsp; And that usually involves talking about herself. Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]Getting caught up now. I'm sorry Blue, but I call BS on this one. AYGs don't go against my beliefs. UnPopOps don't go against my beliefs. I just don't have much to contribute to them, so instead of whining about the topic, I start another one. And for the record, just because someone is liberal doesn't make them a pacifist. I know you and I don't see eye to eye, but please don't make assertions about my beliefs that aren't true. Flame me all you want, but flame me about something that I actually do. Again, of there are instances that I'm not remembering, then I apologize. But I feel like you're putting me in a box here.
  • Um, Poli- you have said on here many times that you are a pacifist.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-28?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:901acefe-4220-44e0-9f8f-64dc621c9168Post:f6ab706b-7cbe-4e94-9561-dd5bce02bdde">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG : Me neither.. although in hindsight.. wasn't her thread title or one of the first things she said something like "You can't make this stuff up"?
    Posted by chelseamb11[/QUOTE]

I don't think her post was fake but people were telling here that there is a process and she isn't allowed, according to the law, to know what happens or what follow up happens. I thought that was weird that she was like damn the man but they couldn't tell her anything anyway.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Ok, now I'm finally caught up. Yes, like Sesh said, most of my posts are PRs because I have 10minute breaks between session. I thought most people were aware of this, but that's fine. And actually, the reason I posted about my job is that you Blue flamed me for starting a thread a while ago and then not contributing. You said it was AWish of me to start a poll and not answer it, so I honestly took what you said to heart and respond now when I make those posts. So, I'm not exactly what I can do to avoid coming off like an AW to you. I have a client in 5 min, so I won't be responding for an hour, FYI.
  • In Response to Re:AYG:[QUOTE]Um, Poli you have said on here many times that you are a pacifist. Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]I've said that I'm an idealist and that I believe in peace, but that's not the same thing as being a pacifist.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards