Snarky Brides
Options

What does this board

Re: What does this board

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_this-board?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9dd4d8a2-bc54-406f-af0b-5a753d1d11edPost:a2237170-c701-416b-a579-b213c62335aa">Re: What does this board</a>:
    [QUOTE]For me, this board is a place to have some laughs, discuss WR and NWR topics and build a basic camaraderie with people and just enjoy it. I just like it here. I'm not the internet forum type of girl. I only posted on my local board a little bit about WR stuff but SB just sort of feels like home, <strong>even if I feel like I'm talking to a wall sometimes.</strong>
    Posted by Shaye526[/QUOTE]

Welcome home :)
  • Options
    I also have a very distracted attention span. Whenever I talked on the phone in high school I would doodle the whole time and I have a hard time making conversation with just one friend. This way I can talk to people but still get distracted and not get yelled at.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_this-board?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9dd4d8a2-bc54-406f-af0b-5a753d1d11edPost:26474b09-9c65-4271-b10f-c28b4033c61e">Re: What does this board</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What does this board : For the record. I honest to god could not tell you one thing that would make people hate you. Sure, I have seen the KPS but it does not register. And, I think you know I am pretty on top of stuff like this. I mean, REALLY? really? Jealousy?
    Posted by MeaghanandMichael[/QUOTE]

Ditto.

And if you're talking to a wall, Shaye, then I guess you should hang on mirror on me or something.
    panther
  • Options
    I also moved (twice!) and have no rl friends (again).

I call you my portable friends.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    M&M- you're too sweet.Seriously.
    I'll admit I can be annoying but hey, take it or leave it. I'm surprised no one got on me intodays shout out thread for all my indecisiveness. I'm definitely one of those people who needs a second opinion. I pretty much always know what I want or I know in my gut I'm right but I need confirmation.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_this-board?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9dd4d8a2-bc54-406f-af0b-5a753d1d11edPost:16d1c248-105d-4684-9d58-7b5771b325de">Re: What does this board</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What does this board : Welcome home :)

HAHA. Thank you. It's good to be here.
    It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_this-board?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9dd4d8a2-bc54-406f-af0b-5a753d1d11edPost:9525ff1d-a310-40a8-94ca-d4d9cc9acadc">Re: What does this board</a>:
    [QUOTE]I also have a very distracted attention span. Whenever I talked on the phone in high school I would doodle the whole time and I have a hard time making conversation with just one friend. This way I can talk to people but still get distracted and not get yelled at.
    Posted by katiewhompus[/QUOTE]

This!

Sometimes I feel like I'm constantly doing at least 2 things at once. 
  • Options
    I came to TK to find somewhere to talk about my wedding because I didn't want to be one of those brides who only talked about the wedding for months (in the first month I think my MOH was about ready to kill me). I found my month board and posted there while I lurked elsewhere. 

GIS was the first international board I posted in and it was fairly safe. I was very scared to ever post on boards like E because I saw newbs being torn to shreds. I don't know why I started posting here because when I did people were being torn to shreds too but only if they said really dumb stuff and there was a 'come out lurkers' thread and I posted in that because I figured it was safe. By then I was already at 500+ posts so I felt okay about it.

Now SB kinda feels like home. I rarely post on my month board and I lurk on E less and less (mostly because I have limited time on here since school has restarted)...I like the vibe here. I feel like I can start posts, respond to posts, page people, etc...

FI and I talk about how much time I spend on here. I think he is starting to get it, although he does ask a lot whether I will still be on TK after the wedding!
  • Options
    I'm the same way roxy... but I usually need third or fourth opinions.  Ha, I'm definitely way more annoying than you are :)
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_this-board?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9dd4d8a2-bc54-406f-af0b-5a753d1d11edPost:c459651b-27f0-4a47-9935-560b4de79395">Re: What does this board</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What does this board : This! Sometimes I feel like I'm constantly doing at least 2 things at once. 
    Posted by pirategal03[/QUOTE]

Or I know when I am having a conversation I am already thinking about their response to what I am about to say after thay are done and thus thinking about three steps ahead instead of the actual words then. I just like to cover my bases like the freak I am. Any one? No. It's ok. I have pretty much never met some one who can relate to that.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I'm over the whole "not everyone is going to like you".

It's totally true, but IRL we aren't often confronted with someone straight up saying to us "I don't like you", people tend to be more passive about it. I think it's silly to expect someone not to go on the defensive when it's made explicitly clear that another poster doesn't like them, especially when they think it's unjustified (whether they're right or not) and concerning people who are new to the boards and don't understand the dynamic.

It's a natural reaction, and it may be annoying, but I if I don't want to get a rise out of someone I just ignore them, why give them a reason to get all dramatic by telling them I don't like them if I really have no interest in what they have to say?

ETA: This is such a random thought. Carry on!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_this-board?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9dd4d8a2-bc54-406f-af0b-5a753d1d11edPost:3485fb9f-819e-48f8-953d-9c7bac67f7a9">Re: What does this board</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What does this board : Or I know when I am having a conversation I am already thinking about their response to what I am about to say after thay are done and thus thinking about three steps ahead instead of the actual words then. I just like to cover my bases like the freak I am. Any one? No. It's ok. I have pretty much never met some one who can relate to that.
    I do this. 

I feel like half of my brain is operating my mouth and the other half is plotting the rest of the convo. 
  • Options
    I think I use a lot of smiley faces to help convey my tone. Internets tough man.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_this-board?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9dd4d8a2-bc54-406f-af0b-5a753d1d11edPost:44821b5f-252f-40ff-8f3d-87a06b4139a8">Re: What does this board</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What does this board : Anysunrise are you just looking around TK and saying you love things?

I love SB!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_this-board?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9dd4d8a2-bc54-406f-af0b-5a753d1d11edPost:cdbfdb8e-7dfe-411f-ac0f-5c3290f97093">Re: What does this board</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What does this board : I think thats the thing. My mom and I have always been close and every morning (or night before) we'd get eachothers opinions on our outfits. I think I'm just really used to that.. When I went to college my roomie and I would do the same thing. Even now, I wake T up every morning to see what he thinks of my outfit. It may also be an insecurity thing though haha
    Posted by nda_roxybabe[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Can I function without others opinions? Of course I can. But I know you ladies will tell me if I look like an idiot or a ho and am not realizing it. That and I can't always trust Scott's opinions on outfits because he says things are fine when I think it's a lot of skin showing. It's nice to come on here and get another female opinion, even if they just validate what he says.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_this-board?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9dd4d8a2-bc54-406f-af0b-5a753d1d11edPost:ea7321ff-c769-43ad-a54b-e0bdfadd36b0">Re: What does this board</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What does this board : I read somewhere that like 40% of what you say is how you say it. <strong>And especially on the internet, people add their own tone to what they read.</strong> I see people take the same post in a completely different way than I've read it, and that's really the only big downfall to forums like this. Everyone has their own bias, and with a method of communication very open to subjectivity, I imagine there's a lot of issues that probably wouldn't arise irl. /randomness
    Posted by Anysunrise[/QUOTE]

It's true.  You all have southern accents inside my head. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_this-board?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9dd4d8a2-bc54-406f-af0b-5a753d1d11edPost:3837d812-29ce-4ced-b4df-aefd2d673a78">Re: What does this board</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think I use a lot of smiley faces to help convey my tone. Internets tough man.

This place needs a jerk off smiley face. And a vomit smiley face.
    Then, I am good.
  • Options
    Thanks Meg :)

And Pirate, sarcasm font should definitly be invented. You would think with the advanced technology we have these days...

It is true that pit bulls grab and hold on. But what they most
    often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart

imageimage
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_this-board?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9dd4d8a2-bc54-406f-af0b-5a753d1d11edPost:3837d812-29ce-4ced-b4df-aefd2d673a78">Re: What does this board</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think I use a lot of smiley faces to help convey my tone. Internets tough man.

Yeah, same. =P is my playful, just kidding tone, ^.^ is my excited happy tone, />.< is my frustrated tone, etc...Lol.
  • Options
    Roxy - I ask Christian almost every time I get dressed what I should wear.  He loves it.  Or maybe he hates it, actually.  Yeah, that's probably more right. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_this-board?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9dd4d8a2-bc54-406f-af0b-5a753d1d11edPost:455d7131-a668-4dca-9a86-f187ad9d70e6">Re: What does this board</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What does this board : I'm sorry. I don't know if I'm not reading this right but I can't figure out what you were meaning to say. Please elaborate.   : )

LOL!  This is me failing at funny.  Nevermind :)
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_this-board?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9dd4d8a2-bc54-406f-af0b-5a753d1d11edPost:765c46a6-e57e-4cc6-b5a4-cf5b4b38798d">Re: What does this board</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What does this board : Yeah. Can I function without others opinions? Of course I can. But I know you ladies will tell me if I look like an idiot or a ho and am not realizing it. That and I can't always trust Scott's opinions on outfits because he says things are fine when I think it's a lot of skin showing. It's nice to come on here and get another female opinion, even if they just validate what he says.
    Posted by katiewhompus[/QUOTE]
    T is great on the fashion advice in person. IF he says I should change or something doesn't look right, it probably doesn't and as he says "you know it doesn't look right, why even ask?". He refuses to look at clothes online though and well, I love looking at clothes online!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_this-board?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9dd4d8a2-bc54-406f-af0b-5a753d1d11edPost:241b0cc1-a6a5-414c-b47f-81b23dd08d8d">Re: What does this board</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What does this board : LOL!  This is me failing at funny.  Nevermind :)
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]
    It made sense to me. :)
  • Options
    Julez- Maybe, we need ot be neighbors, so we can just ask eachother. Oh man that would be fun
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_this-board?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9dd4d8a2-bc54-406f-af0b-5a753d1d11edPost:e45f685c-6b57-49f8-932c-c87ea885740b">Re: What does this board</a>:
    [QUOTE]Julez- Maybe, we need ot be neighbors, so we can just ask eachother. Oh man that would be fun

Well I went shopping with Julez once and evertyhing she picked out I wanted.  True story. Be jealous.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_this-board?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9dd4d8a2-bc54-406f-af0b-5a753d1d11edPost:649c929c-3cb1-434e-87ef-6c40f7ee2573">Re: What does this board</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What does this board : It made sense to me. :)
    Posted by npasquale16[/QUOTE]

Well then... in that case... *snicker*
    panther
  • Options
    I agree with PPs about the outfit opinions. I don't use my pictures here, but if I did I would probably ask at some point. My sister and I use Skype on Friday and Saturday nights while we're getting ready to go out just so we can ask for each other's opinions on our clothes or shoes or cleavage exposure or makeup and chat it up while we're doing our hair. It's comforting to have that I think, and I'm sure a lot of people get that here.
  • Options
    In that case Stella, I am seriously becoming a light brunette in the coming days, agree or disagree?
  • Options
    As long as all of you who like opinions on outfits don't start posting OOTD's, of practically the same thing, we're good. (Who gets the reference? Anybody?)

It is true that pit bulls grab and hold on. But what they most
    often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart

imageimage
  • Options
    I post here because it's a time waster, honestly.  I'm not really here to make friends, but if I do, that's cool too.

I should add that I have been talking to a group of the same 4 people online for 6 or 7 years now, and while I've never had the chance to meet them, they are invited to the wedding.  I absolutely understand going to forums to find friends.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards