Snarky Brides
Options

nobody here but us chickens

Re: nobody here but us chickens

• Options
    I haven't seen every episode. She hit her while pregnant? That kind of doesn't surprise me. Her mom and dad were so crappy on Sophia's birthday.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nobody-here-but-chickens?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9e9e4e5c-23a3-4fe2-9fd1-5451d036bd54Post:926c1dcf-000c-474e-8aaf-e1450976fd94">Re: nobody here but us chickens</a>:
    [QUOTE]Amber got mad at Gary while he was trying (albeit half-heartedly) to propose. Those two do not need to be married. Poor Leah is probably so stressed.
    Posted by jasmineh7777[/QUOTE]

See in the first season of Teen mom I was more on Amber's side because she was genuinely trying to get her GED while Gary was just a lazy lump.  Now I think they're both nuts.
  • Options
    Sarah - Yeah he volunteered for the job. He'll get a slight raise (Sil makes most of their income so it's not worth it) but he still volunteered. And he also volunteered for a country that 1) Is incredibly dangerous to live in and 2) Z cannot go to (as opposed to somewhere like Germany or Canada where she could visit). Since he's been gone sil got very badly ill, Z got badly ill (strep throat at the age of 4) and sil had to put their 13 year old dog to sleep. He also missed both of their birthdays along with their wedding anniversary, us buying our house, etc. Z is definitely acting up because of his absense and sil just looks tired and close to breaking.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nobody-here-but-chickens?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9e9e4e5c-23a3-4fe2-9fd1-5451d036bd54Post:dd0f2e0d-3e0c-49bf-8ac3-08521f72a558">Re: nobody here but us chickens</a>:
    [QUOTE]I haven't seen every episode. She hit her while pregnant? That kind of doesn't surprise me. Her mom and dad were so crappy on Sophia's birthday.

In 16 and pregnant they are arguing in the car and Farrah's mom wails her on the shoulder/neck.  Probably didn't do more than bruise her.....but come one!! She's pregnant and 16!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nobody-here-but-chickens?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9e9e4e5c-23a3-4fe2-9fd1-5451d036bd54Post:2451b689-1e35-4558-b120-e35c4ced049e">Re: nobody here but us chickens</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sarah - Yeah he volunteered for the job. He'll get a slight raise (Sil makes most of their income so it's not worth it) but he still volunteered. And he also volunteered for a country that 1) Is incredibly dangerous to live in and 2) Z cannot go to (as opposed to somewhere like Germany or Canada where she could visit). Since he's been gone sil got very badly ill, Z got badly ill (strep throat at the age of 4) and sil had to put their 13 year old dog to sleep. He also missed both of their birthdays along with their wedding anniversary, us buying our house, etc. Z is definitely acting up because of his absense and sil just looks tired and close to breaking.
    Posted by katiewhompus[/QUOTE]

Ugh that just sounds awful.  I feel bad for your SIL.
  • Options
    Katie-I can't judge their choices, but I can't imagine volunteering for that myself. He is missing so much! Poor little Z. Sounds like she misses her daddy.

Aprove-I empathized with her then, too. But they fight over nothing all of the time, and it seems like they are always exasperated with Leah.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nobody-here-but-chickens?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9e9e4e5c-23a3-4fe2-9fd1-5451d036bd54Post:bfa7e531-eaa7-47ec-ae69-b654b5cca5cb">Re: nobody here but us chickens</a>:
    [QUOTE]Katie-I can't judge their choices, but I can't imagine volunteering for that myself. He is missing so much! Poor little Z. Sounds like she misses her daddy. Aprove-I empathized with her then, too. But they fight over nothing all of the time, and it seems like they are always exasperated with Leah.

Actually the mom I feel the worst for is Maci.  She's really devoted to being a mom.
  • Options
    I think I need to start watching this show...lol
  • Options
    I love Maci. She is just so sweet. Ryan comes across as an ass. He still doesn't work, right?

And come one, punching your pregnant daughter? That is just low.
  • Options
    Katie- It's kind of just sad. They are all struggling, some more than others. There is one couple on the show that gave their daughter up for adoption. Their story is pretty interesting to follow- both of them have a hard time with it.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nobody-here-but-chickens?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9e9e4e5c-23a3-4fe2-9fd1-5451d036bd54Post:3689afb5-0be7-47a9-b3f0-a44a783622f9">Re: nobody here but us chickens</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think I need to start watching this show...lol

I was surprised how much I actually like it.  Its attempting to portray that while pregnancy is hard at 16 that's nothing compared to actually having the child and raising it or giving it up for adoption. 

I confess to crying while watching the show. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nobody-here-but-chickens?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9e9e4e5c-23a3-4fe2-9fd1-5451d036bd54Post:2451b689-1e35-4558-b120-e35c4ced049e">Re: nobody here but us chickens</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sarah - Yeah he volunteered for the job. He'll get a slight raise (Sil makes most of their income so it's not worth it) but he still volunteered. And he also volunteered for a country that 1) Is incredibly dangerous to live in and 2) Z cannot go to (as opposed to somewhere like Germany or Canada where she could visit). Since he's been gone sil got very badly ill, Z got badly ill (strep throat at the age of 4) and sil had to put their 13 year old dog to sleep. He also missed both of their birthdays along with their wedding anniversary, us buying our house, etc. Z is definitely acting up because of his absense and sil just looks tired and close to breaking.
    Posted by katiewhompus[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>See, I don't think having a nother kid will be good for them or the kid, but I'm not them, so I can't say what their plans are. 

</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    And the shallow part of me also wouldn't want my husband overseas because that would totally ruin my sex life. (TMI, sorry).
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nobody-here-but-chickens?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9e9e4e5c-23a3-4fe2-9fd1-5451d036bd54Post:de44fe43-0c40-4ff7-90a4-b34a5710b137">Re: nobody here but us chickens</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love Maci. She is just so sweet. Ryan comes across as an ass. He still doesn't work, right? And come one, punching your pregnant daughter? That is just low.

I just cannot believe Ryan has the balls to act like that on national TV.  What girl in her right mind would get with him now?! 

I don't believe in spanking or hitting children in any circumstances so someone punching/slapping a pregnant teen makes me feel violent. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nobody-here-but-chickens?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9e9e4e5c-23a3-4fe2-9fd1-5451d036bd54Post:3df892ad-2940-49c9-806e-7bb9f46e5dfb">Re: nobody here but us chickens</a>:
    [QUOTE]And the shallow part of me also wouldn't want my husband overseas because that would totally ruin my sex life. (TMI, sorry).

Ha ha I was thinking this as well.  When I'm denied I become a majorly cranky biatch.
  • Options
    I really like Maci, and I like her new boyfriend. He's not the most attractive person, but he seems like he really cares for her and has a good head on his shoulders. 
  • Options
    Yeah, they're logic is that they both grew up having brothers and sisters and loved it (dh and sil are both adopted, she is 6 months older) so they want to give Z that experience. I just don't honestly think siblings who are at least 5 years apart are going to have a good experience, certainly not the "playmates" they are picturing.

I can't imagine giving up a child for adoption :( That would be so hard.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nobody-here-but-chickens?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9e9e4e5c-23a3-4fe2-9fd1-5451d036bd54Post:dadc8d20-0ef0-460d-8ea1-cd9d6337dceb">Re: nobody here but us chickens</a>:
    [QUOTE]I really like Maci, and I like her new boyfriend. He's not the most attractive person, but he seems like he really cares for her and has a good head on his shoulders. 
    Posted by SarahPLiz[/QUOTE]

Me too =) If he's good to her and Bentley then its great.
  • Options
    Katie, you do need to watch. Catelynn/Tyler is an effed up relationship now too. They gave up their baby for adoption and we all know they made the right choice, but they are still grieving. Catelynn lied to Tyler about sleeping with some guy before she met him and now he's being all CIA and wants her phone records. At 17, that's just too young for that crap. 
  • Options
    I want Maci to have someone that will take care of her and Bentley. Ryan doesn't at all. Kyle seems to really care.

Katie-The two that gave their daughter up for adoption really made the best choice possible. Neither of them have stable families. But their parents were really terrible about them choosing adoption, and they throw it in their faces all the time.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nobody-here-but-chickens?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9e9e4e5c-23a3-4fe2-9fd1-5451d036bd54Post:6b40d1d7-d530-438a-a388-9e15668fff7c">Re: nobody here but us chickens</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, they're logic is that they both grew up having brothers and sisters and loved it (dh and sil are both adopted, she is 6 months older) so they want to give Z that experience. I just don't honestly think siblings who are at least 5 years apart are going to have a good experience, certainly not the "playmates" they are picturing. I can't imagine giving up a child for adoption :( That would be so hard.

I'm very close with my siblings and I'm 5.5 and 7.5 years apart from them.  We played a lot together when we were younger and have always been close.  I think its possible but I wouldn't do it in the situation as described.  

I know I couldn't give a child up for adoption.  I cannot imagine it.  Not to mentioned my parents would adopt said child.  I was very lucky growing up that if I got pregnant in a bad situation I always knew my parents would support me and help me care for my child.  Adoption and abortion never crossed my mind. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nobody-here-but-chickens?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9e9e4e5c-23a3-4fe2-9fd1-5451d036bd54Post:c3a89b3c-00ec-4b3d-bc61-cd36c24b2546">Re: nobody here but us chickens</a>:
    [QUOTE]Katie, you do need to watch. Catelynn/Tyler is an effed up relationship now too. They gave up their baby for adoption and we all know they made the right choice, but they are still grieving. Catelynn lied to Tyler about sleeping with some guy before she met him and now he's being all CIA and wants her phone records. At 17, that's just too young for that crap. 

I wouldn't put up with that crap even at an older age!  They are just so young but I think Tyler got on a pity party train this season where he seems to act or think that its just him hurting over losing Carly.
  • Options
    I think Tyler was more concerned with helping Catilyn last season and didn't deal with it. But the jeaoulsy is just ridiculous.

I exceeded all family expectations by not getting pregnant in high school. lol. The bar is very low in my town.

I have so much respect for people that give their child up for adoption rather than have an abortion. It would be hard, but there are also many people out there that want to adopt.
  • Options
    I think what makes that situation more dysfuntional is that Catelynn's mom married Tyler's dad, so basically they are step siblings that had a baby together and gave it up in an open adoption. They have good reasons for being slightly twisted in their world view. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nobody-here-but-chickens?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9e9e4e5c-23a3-4fe2-9fd1-5451d036bd54Post:b1bb15fb-f7d0-480a-881e-0ded35ec34da">Re: nobody here but us chickens</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think Tyler was more concerned with helping Catilyn last season and didn't deal with it. But the jeaoulsy is just ridiculous. I exceeded all family expectations by not getting pregnant in high school. lol. The bar is very low in my town. I have so much respect for people that give their child up for adoption rather than have an abortion. It would be hard, but there are also many people out there that want to adopt.

Amen.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nobody-here-but-chickens?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9e9e4e5c-23a3-4fe2-9fd1-5451d036bd54Post:b1bb15fb-f7d0-480a-881e-0ded35ec34da">Re: nobody here but us chickens</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think Tyler was more concerned with helping Catilyn last season and didn't deal with it. But the jeaoulsy is just ridiculous. I exceeded all family expectations by not getting pregnant in high school. lol. The bar is very low in my town. I have so much respect for people that give their child up for adoption rather than have an abortion. It would be hard, but there are also many people out there that want to adopt.

I too really respect people who are able to give up their children for adoption.  I just couldn't do it.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nobody-here-but-chickens?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9e9e4e5c-23a3-4fe2-9fd1-5451d036bd54Post:b0edc24b-8d17-4d3a-81d6-d40834340098">Re: nobody here but us chickens</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think what makes that situation more dysfuntional is that Catelynn's mom married Tyler's dad, so basically they are step siblings that had a baby together and gave it up in an open adoption. They have good reasons for being slightly twisted in their world view. 

Ya that is messed up.  Also, because Tyler's dad keeps ending up in jail.  The only somewhat stable adult is Tyler's mom. 
  • Options
    Maybe I am misinterpreting, and I apologize if I am, but if you couldn't give your child up you probably also wouldn't choose abortion. Does that make sense?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nobody-here-but-chickens?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9e9e4e5c-23a3-4fe2-9fd1-5451d036bd54Post:1ab9e56c-bfd8-442d-8892-6bed9e334d42">Re: nobody here but us chickens</a>:
    [QUOTE]Maybe I am misinterpreting, and I apologize if I am, but if you couldn't give your child up you probably also wouldn't choose abortion. Does that make sense?

You are correct.  I believe abortion should be legal and is a viable choice for many women; however, I always knew it wasn't right for me.

I got pregnant with FI when I was 19.  Yay for BC pills not fully working.  Ugh.  I miscarried and it was the worst experience of my life.  Without my amazing family behind me I probably would have felt differently about my choices.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards