Snarky Brides

(Ir)rational Irritations (you can A your Gs here too.)

I'm crabby at work, so I'm doing this all in one.  Anyone got irratiations they want to complain about? IRL... or TK AYG. whatever. just complain.

Re: (Ir)rational Irritations (you can A your Gs here too.)

• I'll complain.

Last week I had my three month post-op lasik appointment, and my eye doctor says my eye hasn't changed at all since basically my first and second post-op appointments.  He told me to call up my surgeon and let him know I will probably need an enhancement procedure.  They don't like to do enhancements earlier than six months post-op, but my doctor told me I could probably have the surgery soon after my six month appointment.

So today on the phone with my surgeon - he tells me he thinks my eye will probably change so they would like to wait a year or so.

Anyway.  It's just frustrating.  The difference is noticeable in my vision and it hasn't gotten better, one doctor tells me it won't change and the other tells me it will.  Whatthefuck.  I paid good money for this procedure, dammit.  I could deal if they were both telling me a year, but one tells me six months and the OTHER tells me a year.  Which is it?  FRICK.
    panther
  • Perfect timing. My coworker has obviously forgotten how to chew with her mouth closed. I hear all sorts of noises coming from behind me right this minute. It's making me batty. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    AATB, that sucks.  Did the fee you pay cover enhancements?

• ErinG93ErinG93 member
    First Comment
    I'm crabby too. I'd like to blame it on PMS, but I think I'm just feeling super grouchy. My rational irritation is that we've been having some problems at work with the way we charge credit cards. Since I'm the only person that handles billing calls, I get to hear our customers bitch for twenty minutes every day. The lady who is supposed to fix it told me she would have it fixed a month ago, at that it was 'priority.' RIGHT.
  • Thankfully yes, jcg.  I won't have to pay any extra money.  The waiting is just making me nuts.
    panther
  • cheeseandricecheeseandrice member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited May 2012
    My coworkers are driving me absolutely insane.  Long story short, I keep getting a lot of excuses for why shiit isnt' getting done. Stuff that needs to get done so I can do my job. Stuff I've offered to do/help with, and been told "no. That's something I am supposed to do." FINE, but then do it.

TK related- I know Edie means well, and I know I'm a broken record, but sheesh, she's kind of creeping me out lately. Earlier it was remembering that KD's H was having a colonoscopy (and then talking about it on TK) and then today it was answering for Blue when her dr appt was. I dunno. Maybe it's just hard for me to understand since I have an awful memory, but it's weird.
  • I am irriated (not sure if it is rational or not) with all of the forgive student loan stuff.  It just irks me to no end.  I have a ton of friends on FB who went to private colleges, post pictures of their fancy tropical vacations, and then don't want to repay their student loans.  Ug.  
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I ordered a birthday gift for my H online on April 9th. I received a confirmation email that it was to ship on the 20th. (I paid an extra $20 for 2 day shipping)

Here we are on May 2nd and not only has it not shipped, all I've gotten is the run around. They told me they were getting another shipment next week, and my order would be filled then.
    H just called and they told him its not going to ship until AUGUST.
    Whatthefuck!? I am so angry. Yell

• I love my job and my CWs but lately I have been a bit irritated.  I work as a lab tech in a med school/grad school lab.  I come in at 8 and leave around 4:30.  I don't take unreasonably long lunches either.  30-40 min top.  Almost always I hear a comment about how I get to leave early (most people show up between 10 and noon), and that it must be nice to have a life outside of research.  WTF. 

I'm so tired of people judging how much I work (granted I'm on here now but I have a gel running) or don't work.  Seriously, every week I work over the hours of my contract.  It's just starting to get frustrating because YES I do have a life and I shouldn't feel badly for it.  Plus they are all grad students/post docs so um yeah you are going to be living in the lab my friends.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_irrational-irritations-you-can-a-your-gs-here-too?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d35bee66-0f1a-41bb-b893-61e645a47490Post:7c3376e9-0b75-4685-859d-30e134eb0d3e">Re: (Ir)rational Irritations (you can A your Gs here too.)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am irriated (not sure if it is rational or not) with all of the forgive student loan stuff.  It just irks me to no end.  I have a ton of friends on FB who went to private colleges, post pictures of their fancy tropical vacations, and then don't want to repay their student loans.  Ug.  
    Posted by Wiscisbliss[/QUOTE]

I'm sure this is no surprise, but I completely agree.
  • I was irrationally irritated at the all the street closures yesterday. I know downtown wants to be prepared for the May Day protesters but I just want to get home at a decent hour and not have to completely out of my way. We were going to take the train to work but those closures were worst.
  • ErinG93ErinG93 member
    First Comment
    Oh, and it's fucking snowing. SNOWING.
  • lbarr - Do you send them emails at 8 AM?  That should clear things up for them :)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • There is a girl in my Govt class who annoys me.  She thinks because she spent some time in Arizona that she is an expert on all things politics.  She makes me cringe everytime she speak.  She just blurts stuff out without thinking.  Her last offense?  "Im so sick of the friggin race card!"  Thats nice honey, but we were not even talking about the race card so calm down.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • SEWFSEWF member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    My only complaint is that I threw some towels in the washer last week and then forgot about them. The laundry room in our house is out of the way and has a door, so I didn't even think about it until I went in there this morning. Ew, mildew. I'm hoping a couple cycles through the washer will help, but I'm also almost out of laundry soap. Great.
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    I'm irritated with our landlord, who has been promising for 8 friggin months that he will be installing new stairs to the backyard "next week".  We've been complaining for months that it is a safety issue (if there were a fire in the front of the house it would be about a 12 foot jump).  Just fix it already, dammit!  I'm so sick of landlords in general but buying a house in not in the near future cards.

• I was irritated this morning. I got here at like 5:30, expecting to enjoy the peace and quiet of my forced OT, but no, the new guy next to me came in like 15 minutes later. He is really nice, but he was all chipper and wanting to talk and I just wanted to say NO IT"S QUIET TIME. But I didn't.

Steph, I think edie remembered KD's thing because she mentioned it in the night thread the day before (that's how I remembered it at the time, anyway).
  • I'm irrationally annoyed with H.  He's been working long hours and doing online grad school classes since January.  Now that tax season and finals are over, he's all ready to do stuff. 

He's acting like I've done NOTHING with the house since January (not true) and that every conversation we've had/decision we made since then didn't happen.  I'm getting tired of rehashing things I thought we already had settled. 
  • I'll bitch. My 93 year old grandmother is in a nursing home and not doing well. My aunt (her daughter) and cousin are there every day taking visiting her and taking care of her. My mom (Nana's daughter in law) tries to go every other day. We have made the trip from MA to NYC at least 9-10 times with the baby, and we helped my aunt empty out Nana's apartment. My 2 cousins & other aunt live about 30-45 minutes away and they haven't been to visit her once since my uncle's funeral 2+ years ago. One of the cousins is married and has a LO that Nana has seen twice since he was born two years ago, and his mom is pregnant again, but they haven't bothered to visit Nana to tell her. My grandmother paid for my uncle's funeral, and they can't be bothered visiting her, Eff, if we can make the drive down with a baby from another freaking state, they can make the trip from Queens to Westchester.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_irrational-irritations-you-can-a-your-gs-here-too?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d35bee66-0f1a-41bb-b893-61e645a47490Post:a157d0cf-3e73-4a42-ae49-946116d45656">Re: (Ir)rational Irritations (you can A your Gs here too.)</a>:
    [QUOTE]lbarr - Do you send them emails at 8 AM?  That should clear things up for them :)

<div>Indeed!</div>
  • SEWF run them through with vinegar instead of soap, should be fine.
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_irrational-irritations-you-can-a-your-gs-here-too?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:d35bee66-0f1a-41bb-b893-61e645a47490Post:d4582120-d29e-4edf-9ba3-3de9f448ad6f">Re: (Ir)rational Irritations (you can A your Gs here too.)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love my job and my CWs but lately I have been a bit irritated.  I work as a lab tech in a med school/grad school lab.  I come in at 8 and leave around 4:30.  I don't take unreasonably long lunches either.  30-40 min top.  Almost always I hear a comment about how I get to leave early (most people show up between 10 and noon), and that it must be nice to have a life outside of research.  WTF. Posted by lbarr088[/QUOTE]

I get this too. People make comments about how "Oh, it must be nice to get to leave early at 2:30 and enjoy life!"

Hey, douche, I get here at 6am and go home to another job. STFU.
  • I'm irritated by a lot of things. I want to go home.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ali- people who dont make time for their elderly relatives irk the shiit out of me.  I have a few of those in my family.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_irrational-irritations-you-can-a-your-gs-here-too?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d35bee66-0f1a-41bb-b893-61e645a47490Post:7c3376e9-0b75-4685-859d-30e134eb0d3e">Re: (Ir)rational Irritations (you can A your Gs here too.)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am irriated (not sure if it is rational or not) with all of the forgive student loan stuff.  It just irks me to no end.  I have a ton of friends on FB who went to private colleges, post pictures of their fancy tropical vacations, and then don't want to repay their student loans.  Ug.  

This pisses me off too. You can't buy a house, live in it for a few years, then decide that you don't want to pay your mortgage, but you still want to live there. Eff that.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Oh, I'm also irrationally (well... maybe rationally) irritated at the dinner I made last night.  Apple Orchard Chicken.  Sounds yummy, simple to make.  Should last a couple nights.  I made it and Ben and I were sitting at the table last night eating it, and I was so underwhelmed by how it turned out.  It was the most boring, craptastic meal I have ever made.  It smelled like a barf burrito.  Ben was nice to me at first.  He said it tasted good.  Then I told him not to fucking lie to me because it wouldn't hurt my feelings and he was like, "Yeah, I dunno if I'd make this again."  Oh, and I won't.  There are tons of other things I can make that actually taste like food and not like garbage.  The worst thing about it is all the leftovers - I hate to waste food, but shite, it tastes so terrible.  No way I'm eating that shiit again.
    panther
  • Oh, and I would be super pissed if they start forgiving student loans. That is the dumbest thing I ever heard.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_irrational-irritations-you-can-a-your-gs-here-too?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:d35bee66-0f1a-41bb-b893-61e645a47490Post:283336f7-0a95-41ff-bdfb-2fc7226133a9">Re: (Ir)rational Irritations (you can A your Gs here too.). We make the trip</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'll bitch. My 93 year old grandmother is in a nursing home and not doing well. My aunt (her daughter) and cousin are there every day taking visiting her and taking care of her. My mom (Nana's daughter in law) tries to go every other day. We have made the trip from MA to NYC at least 9-10 times with the baby, and we helped my aunt empty out Nana's apartment. My 2 cousins & other aunt live about 30-45 minutes away and they haven't been to visit her once since my uncle's funeral 2+ years ago. One of the cousins is married and has a LO that Nana has seen twice since he was born two years ago, and his mom is pregnant again, but they haven't bothered to visit Nana to tell her. My grandmother paid for my uncle's funeral, and they can't be bothered visiting her, Eff, if we can make the drive down with a baby from another freaking state, they can make the trip from Queens to Westchester.
    Posted by allisong23[/QUOTE]

Alli, that pisses me off when families don't visit their aged relatives.  
  • edited May 2012
    Look, CMGr has her head up her ass. We know this. But it irks the shiit out of me when people dissect everyfuckingthing she says because she's an easy target. Same with Kristin#s.
  • It annoys me that I work a part time job, and still end up with more hours in the week than DH, who supposedly works full time. Granted, he makes more money than me still. But come on, FIL, give him some decent hours for once!

And I'm so tired of FIL making excuses constantly. But that one may be more that DH vents to me about it, so I notice it more.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards