Snarky Brides

(Ir)rational Irritations (you can A your Gs here too.)

Re: (Ir)rational Irritations (you can A your Gs here too.)

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_irrational-irritations-you-can-a-your-gs-here-too?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d35bee66-0f1a-41bb-b893-61e645a47490Post:7b12fd20-50a5-47b1-8f4e-18f4c4b56822">Re: (Ir)rational Irritations (you can A your Gs here too.)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: (Ir)rational Irritations (you can A your Gs here too.) : Huh? It's not like I'm outting their names or anything.  I didn't even identify them.  How is this me "misbehaving"?
    Posted by chelseamb11[/QUOTE]
    It's inappropriate. You keep posting stuff that cements your general cluelessness. I don't even really have an issue with you, but stuff like this makes me facepalm.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_irrational-irritations-you-can-a-your-gs-here-too?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d35bee66-0f1a-41bb-b893-61e645a47490Post:86b42255-dee1-465e-b006-1312a911a3ad">Re: (Ir)rational Irritations (you can A your Gs here too.)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: (Ir)rational Irritations (you can A your Gs here too.) : I just assume this has to do with student privacy laws. Even if it isn't a public school, it's still a school and student privacy has always been beaten into our heads. I'm not saying people don't post things they shouldn't. I don't care if you posted it. I just find it odd teachers know families' financial records.
    Posted by LetsHikeToday[/QUOTE]

To be fair, from what Chels has posted it sounds like there is a LOT of odd stuff going on at that school. 
    panther
  • I'm irrationally irritated that I've been asked to take on a one of the new labs in Canada. I get that the work is similar to programs I've already established, but every friggin time I send them something I have to run it through export control. Why can't someone in Canada be the program manager for their shizz. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_irrational-irritations-you-can-a-your-gs-here-too?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:d35bee66-0f1a-41bb-b893-61e645a47490Post:492affc4-94b7-44cc-96e1-abaac0472b1c">Re: (Ir)rational Irritations (you can A your Gs here too.)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: (Ir)rational Irritations (you can A your Gs here too.) : To be fair, from what Chels has posted it sounds like there is a LOT of odd stuff going on at that school. 
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

I'm not knocking chels because it isn't her fault someone told her. I was just asking her because I thought it was weird that the school tells people that stuff. I know her school is crazy.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • oh comeon. Are we really going to turn this into another chelsattack?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_irrational-irritations-you-can-a-your-gs-here-too?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:d35bee66-0f1a-41bb-b893-61e645a47490Post:7b12fd20-50a5-47b1-8f4e-18f4c4b56822">Re: (Ir)rational Irritations (you can A your Gs here too.)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: (Ir)rational Irritations (you can A your Gs here too.) : Huh? It's not like I'm outting their names or anything.  I didn't even identify them.  How is this me "misbehaving"? ETA And in my post when I said information floating around here, I meant around school, not on TK. 

Chels, you posted some fairly identifiable information about them - we know they have two kids, that one of them is in your class, and that the family just got a 3D TV (since there are like 14 of them in the world, I consider that identifying).  You also have part of your actual name in your s/n and post photos of yourself where you're easily identified, and use your actual location.  It wouldn't be terribly hard for someone you know IRL to (a) find you here and (b) know darned well which family you're talking about from that post. 
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_irrational-irritations-you-can-a-your-gs-here-too?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d35bee66-0f1a-41bb-b893-61e645a47490Post:bb46a74b-9990-4f72-91cc-bc179ea606f8">Re: (Ir)rational Irritations (you can A your Gs here too.)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Chels, I think this is an example of you being naive and/or not caring.  From information you've shared pretty specifically, it's pretty easy to figure out in less than a minute the name of the school you work at. Not to mention, if anyone connected to the school saw your picture, they wouldn't probably have a hard time figuring out who the family is with the super small class you teach. I think you have 7 students?  It wouldn't take long for a nosy parent to figure it out.
    Posted by djhar[/QUOTE]

The parents do know though.. the dad announced in the parent meeting way back when that he owed a ton of money to the school. I'm not sharing anything that people don't already know around here.
  • You know what's really gross?  Our talk show host is retiring and one of the people our producer has brought in to guest host in the interim always wears flip flops to the studio.  And she will walk around the studio barefoot.  NO.  Just no.
    panther
  • One of my CWs clips his nails every day he's here. No joke. I'm just glad he works at home a lot.
  • cheeseandricecheeseandrice member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_irrational-irritations-you-can-a-your-gs-here-too?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d35bee66-0f1a-41bb-b893-61e645a47490Post:db648d47-f0d3-44b3-86e2-50bb9d7c394b">Re: (Ir)rational Irritations (you can A your Gs here too.)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: (Ir)rational Irritations (you can A your Gs here too.) : Chels, you posted some fairly identifiable information about them - we know they have two kids, that one of them is in your class, and that the family just got a 3D TV (since there are like 14 of them in the world, I consider that identifying).  You also have part of your actual name in your s/n and post photos of yourself where you're easily identified, and use your actual location.  It wouldn't be terribly hard for someone you know IRL to (a) find you here and (b) know darned well which family you're talking about from that post. 
    Posted by StephBeanWed61502[/QUOTE]

woohoo anyone else going to come join you and special on this bandwagon?
  • Chels- I didn't mean my post to mean you were weird for knowing. I just think its weird that you know. I think your school is one of my rational irritations!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_irrational-irritations-you-can-a-your-gs-here-too?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d35bee66-0f1a-41bb-b893-61e645a47490Post:6b138b60-762f-484f-af97-567d7a659284">Re: (Ir)rational Irritations (you can A your Gs here too.)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: (Ir)rational Irritations (you can A your Gs here too.) : woohoo anyone else going to come join you and special on this bandwagon?
    Posted by Steph+J[/QUOTE]

<div>What?</div>
  • Duds- that's disgusting,
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_irrational-irritations-you-can-a-your-gs-here-too?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d35bee66-0f1a-41bb-b893-61e645a47490Post:92f77881-0b3f-43f2-8549-7dc37195b29a">Re: (Ir)rational Irritations (you can A your Gs here too.)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Chels- I didn't mean my post to mean you were weird for knowing. I just think its weird that you know. I think your school is one of my rational irritations!

No worries. When everything imploded not much was left private anymore.  I can see why something like this would normally be private (and I wouldn't be sharing) but the dad announced it himself, so he's obviously not worried about people knowing.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_irrational-irritations-you-can-a-your-gs-here-too?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:d35bee66-0f1a-41bb-b893-61e645a47490Post:a6ca0ab6-091d-42b7-8145-f5d8716d85fb">Re: (Ir)rational Irritations (you can A your Gs here too.)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: (Ir)rational Irritations (you can A your Gs here too.) : No worries. When everything imploded not much was left private anymore.  I can see why something like this would normally be private (and I wouldn't be sharing) but the dad announced it himself, so he's obviously not worried about people knowing.

I know schools can be crazy but I came from a really great one and would love to spend the day at your school just to see what it's like because all of your stories blow my mind.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Steph, what is your problem with me? It seems like whenever I post in AYG, you accuse me of only stopping in to defend my friends or of bandwagoning. I'm not saying it's every time, but it's a pretty frequent occurence.

I wish you'd just tell me you have a problem with me, rather than calling me out for shiit I didn't do.
  • ErinG93ErinG93 member
    First Comment
    Confession: I slip my shoes off under my desk, in my office. Just for a bit and I don't walk around without shoes. If someone walks in, I slip my flats back on.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_irrational-irritations-you-can-a-your-gs-here-too?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d35bee66-0f1a-41bb-b893-61e645a47490Post:0525dfc2-f700-4c21-96bf-b7f7e435b25f">Re: (Ir)rational Irritations (you can A your Gs here too.)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: (Ir)rational Irritations (you can A your Gs here too.) : I know schools can be crazy but I came from a really great one and would love to spend the day at your school just to see what it's like because all of your stories blow my mind.

Yeah it's pretty effed up.  If we do end up staying open though, with the new administration and boards and whatnot, we should be able to turn around and do wonderful things.  I really hope we can because the concept of the school and the education you get here is pretty sweet.
  • LP11509LP11509 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_irrational-irritations-you-can-a-your-gs-here-too?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d35bee66-0f1a-41bb-b893-61e645a47490Post:f2d2b0cf-47c3-47a8-af0f-376137349048">Re: (Ir)rational Irritations (you can A your Gs here too.)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: (Ir)rational Irritations (you can A your Gs here too.) : I thought it was more weird that she asked about LP's period.  Don't get me wrong, I like Edie.  But I also don't need to ask if anyone is feeling crampy or whatever.  Idk, that's just kind of on the too personal edge for me.
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

<div>It was a bit on the personal side, but to be fair I'm the one who brought up the topic of my period knowing full well that it was TMI and opened the door to potentially weird questions.  So, meh.  </div>
  • I'm sorry, where did I say I have a problem with you?

and, if you only post in AYG, that's probably the only time I can respond to you, eh?
  • AATB, you'd hate me then. I'm barefoot almost all the time. I mean, I don't walk around the office or a store barefoot, but at my desk (or anytime at home), my shoes are never on.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_irrational-irritations-you-can-a-your-gs-here-too?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d35bee66-0f1a-41bb-b893-61e645a47490Post:db648d47-f0d3-44b3-86e2-50bb9d7c394b">Re: (Ir)rational Irritations (you can A your Gs here too.)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: (Ir)rational Irritations (you can A your Gs here too.) : Chels, you posted some fairly identifiable information about them - we know they have two kids, that one of them is in your class, and that the family just got a 3D TV (since there are like 14 of them in the world, I consider that identifying).  You also have part of your actual name in your s/n and post photos of yourself where you're easily identified, and use your actual location.  It wouldn't be terribly hard for someone you know IRL to (a) find you here and (b) know darned well which family you're talking about from that post. 
    Posted by StephBeanWed61502[/QUOTE]

....and her full name in her Pinterest link.
    *headpalm*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_irrational-irritations-you-can-a-your-gs-here-too?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d35bee66-0f1a-41bb-b893-61e645a47490Post:42e3e9c7-3d62-4c3e-85c0-13ebbf749b4c">Re: (Ir)rational Irritations (you can A your Gs here too.)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Confession: I slip my shoes off under my desk, in my office. Just for a bit and I don't walk around without shoes. If someone walks in, I slip my flats back on.
    Posted by ErinG93[/QUOTE]

I do this too.  Not a day goes by when I wear shoes all day at work (unless I'm wearing boots and then they drive me crazy)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_irrational-irritations-you-can-a-your-gs-here-too?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:d35bee66-0f1a-41bb-b893-61e645a47490Post:42e3e9c7-3d62-4c3e-85c0-13ebbf749b4c">Re: (Ir)rational Irritations (you can A your Gs here too.)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Confession: I slip my shoes off under my desk, in my office. Just for a bit and I don't walk around without shoes. If someone walks in, I slip my flats back on.
    Posted by ErinG93[/QUOTE]

I do this every day. I like to sit indian style (or criss cross applesauce if you prefer to be "PC") in my chair. I always put them back on when I get up, put my feet down or someone comes over.
  • jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_irrational-irritations-you-can-a-your-gs-here-too?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d35bee66-0f1a-41bb-b893-61e645a47490Post:e60b6b7b-48d7-4a71-a140-13084f5a1419">Re: (Ir)rational Irritations (you can A your Gs here too.)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: (Ir)rational Irritations (you can A your Gs here too.) : <strong> My one co-worker will take off her shoes sometimes if her feet start hurting from heels. </strong>It drives me crazy. My old boss used to clip his fingernails at work. It was gross.
    Posted by djhar[/QUOTE]

I will confess to having done that from time to time.  Although I kept a pair of slippers under my desk so I wouldn't actually have to be barefoot. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_irrational-irritations-you-can-a-your-gs-here-too?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d35bee66-0f1a-41bb-b893-61e645a47490Post:4ec13dcb-6ed8-455e-902f-9c060f12bf78">Re: (Ir)rational Irritations (you can A your Gs here too.)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: (Ir)rational Irritations (you can A your Gs here too.) : I do this every day. I like to sit indian style <strong>(or criss cross applesauce if you prefer to be "PC"</strong>) in my chair. I always put them back on when I get up, put my feet down or someone comes over.
    Posted by midgetthemighty[/QUOTE]

*like*
  • My old boss would take his shoes off all the time at work. He'd walk around everywhere in his socks. The two that bothered me most were the cafeteria and the bathroom. Who (other than Brittany Spears) would go shoeless in a community freaking bathroom?

We also used to have a guy that clipped his nails at work and someone completely snapped on him. They knocked a bunch of shiit off his desk looking for his clippers and then threw them out the window once he found them. It was awesome. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • marateamaratea member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    OMG CHELS IS THE NEW MISSCOURTNEY. WE FUCKING GET IT.

Cripes people.
  • I don't only post in AYG. As I've said before, I post here when I have time and when there's a thread I'm interested in.

You certainly do seem to have a problem with me, and I don't know why. I don't recall every doing or saying anything to you. And if you don't have a problem with me, then you have a lovely way of showing it.

• Oh, I've definitely slipped shoes off at my desk.  But walking around the office barefoot is an entirely different animal.
    panther
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards