Snarky Brides

My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding?

Re: My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_big-fat-gypsy-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:dafc36e6-1140-464c-aff1-8fdeb668e615Post:1a2b8160-392b-46e0-a536-05cfdcc290d8">Re: My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]And OMG wtf is that red leopard outfit???
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

It covers less than my bathingsuit. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Blueyed228Blueyed228 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2011
    Hot pink stripper heels??  Jesus Christ.

ETA: And baby girls table dancing.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • reilsreils member
    First Comment
    I don't understand the stripper outfits and dancing. How do they think that's okay to teach little kids? 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_big-fat-gypsy-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dafc36e6-1140-464c-aff1-8fdeb668e615Post:91af25b8-5c93-4284-92a7-9dbca9787265">Re: My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]A lot of churches will tell you that you need to have your shoulders covered (a viel usually covers that) and the lady told us no, um, boobage. I am horrified and fascinated all at the same time.

<div>I have heard that, ours didn't say anything. They must not have cared though because I was strapless with no veil, and 3 of my BM's were strapless too.  Dang, I hope my marriage is valid!  </div><div>
    </div><div>So do these kids not go to school at all?  </div><div>
    </div><div>And holy crap the way these little kids dance makes me sick.  And really, their clothes aren't even what I consider an appropriate bathing suit for their age. WTF I just don't get it.</div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_big-fat-gypsy-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:dafc36e6-1140-464c-aff1-8fdeb668e615Post:81844da2-35bd-4ab2-8893-41e0364c4a41">Re: My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding? : I have heard that, ours didn't say anything. They must not have cared though because I was strapless with no veil, and 3 of my BM's were strapless too. <strong><u> Dang, I hope my marriage is valid!</u></strong>   So do these kids not go to school at all?   And holy crap the way these little kids dance makes me sick.  And really, their clothes aren't even what I consider an appropriate bathing suit for their age. WTF I just don't get it.
    Posted by dnbeach12[/QUOTE]

I didnt imply that it wouldnt be.

I wonder if child services know about this.  Not that there is much they can do.  But school must be required in England.  And medical treatment.

Why are they getting married so young??
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • reilsreils member
    First Comment
    Am I the only one who had no idea that this culture existed? I had no idea that gypsies still existed in such large groups and that they had their own 'culture' like this. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_big-fat-gypsy-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:dafc36e6-1140-464c-aff1-8fdeb668e615Post:86c68d6a-7dfc-4334-b6f6-c8319dd90172">Re: My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Am I the only one who had no idea that this culture existed? I had no idea that gypsies still existed in such large groups and that they had their own 'culture' like this. 
    Posted by reils[/QUOTE]

It certainly explains Jordan/Katie Price's wedding.........
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_big-fat-gypsy-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dafc36e6-1140-464c-aff1-8fdeb668e615Post:d97bb3ed-bf4f-4a3e-aaf0-9bc2908b62ae">Re: My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding? : I didnt imply that it wouldnt be. I wonder if child services know about this.  Not that there is much they can do.  But school must be required in England.  And medical treatment. Why are they getting married so young??

<div>I was totally kidding.   </div><div>
    </div><div>They said they start planning their wedding at like 5 years old.  If your programming is the same as it is here, which I think it is on TLC, then the episode that just started is the one that explains a lot.  If you haven't seen it already.  </div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • How do they have high morals when they let their 6 year olds get spray tans, dress like hookers and marry them at 17?
    Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • Im watching that one now.

Its weird that they cant be alone together, no sex before marriage, yet they dress their girls like hookers, let them get engaged at 14 and married at 17.

All this before they are adults.  Shameful.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • reilsreils member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_big-fat-gypsy-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dafc36e6-1140-464c-aff1-8fdeb668e615Post:0092ba38-845a-4630-97c4-fd9e1963e022">Re: My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Im watching that one now. <strong>Its weird that they cant be alone together, no sex before marriage, yet they dress their girls like hookers,</strong> let them get engaged at 14 and married at 17. All this before they are adults.  Shameful.

<div>I don't understand this, at all. </div>
  • Yeah it's insane to me that they talk about their morals and everything, yet walk around in sports bras and skin tight shorts.  

I think the weirdest thing is that all the women have the life goal of being a housewife, and no intentions of work or school.  I can't imagine looking for my husband at 16 and planning that life.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • "The dresses are so heavy that they can cause the women to bruise or even bleed" 

WTF?!?!??!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • It sounds like they are so conditioned to want to get married, that it doesnt matter who the guy is.  And it sounds like all of this stuff means a lot more to the girls. 

I also wonder what the divorce rate is.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Why wold you want a gown that would make you bleed? That is just asinine.
  • What terrifies me is that none of the women are educated. The first girl to get married was pulled out of school to help raise her siblings - at 11 years old.

I would be fine with the lifestyle if the girls were educated enough to choose the lifestyle for themselves; but as it stands, they only accept it because they don't know anything else.

The whole time I've been watching this, I can't help but wonder what the statistics are on domestic abuse in these communities...
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm pretty sure their divorce rate is really low.  The mention a few times how sacred all the sacraments are to them. 

Oh yeah, and wait til you see the girl in this episode trying to sit down for dinner.  

Honestly I don't think the bruising is that crazy, but bleeding is nuts.  I had a really lightweight gown and I had bruises the next day on my back from the boning digging into me, even though it never bothered me during the wedding.  
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Blueyed228Blueyed228 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2011
    I had a pretty heavy dress, but I didnt get either of those things.  Probably because im a grown adult who can carry that weight.

Also, is there no statutory rape laws in England.  This guy is 19 and she is 16, the last guy was 20 and she was 17.  I know if they are not having sex, its not a crime, but how is this even legal??
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • reilsreils member
    First Comment
    edited May 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_big-fat-gypsy-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dafc36e6-1140-464c-aff1-8fdeb668e615Post:ccc3b002-1c80-4e43-82d0-688d831c5e7e">Re: My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had a pretty heavy dress, but I didnt get either of those things.  Probably because im a grown adult who can carry that weight. Also, is there no statutory rape laws in England.  This guy is 19 and she is 16, the last guy was 20 and she was 17.  I know if they are not having sex, its not a crime, but how is this even legal??

<div>Maybe because their parents approve of it? </div>
  • Even if they do have rules against it, it must not matter since the parents are obviously fine with their 16 and 17 year old getting married.  I'm suprised the churches go along with it though.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • I may be completely mistaken, but if you want to get married here, even with parents consent, if you are under a certain age (16, 15??) doesnt a judge have to approve?

And this bachelorette outfit is disgusting.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • And im sorry, but a few of them look like they have boob jobs.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • They probably have blue.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_big-fat-gypsy-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dafc36e6-1140-464c-aff1-8fdeb668e615Post:792a6254-c221-4a85-9363-e0974fc0d8e5">Re: My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]They probably have blue.
    Posted by Ciaram22[/QUOTE]

<div>Is there a surgery tralier?  </div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • 550 yards of pink netting and it weighs twice as much as she does? How do they walk in these things?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_big-fat-gypsy-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dafc36e6-1140-464c-aff1-8fdeb668e615Post:04288777-f737-4836-977c-973f7a0a3a58">Re: My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding? : Is there a surgery tralier?  
    Something alongs those lines I would guess.
  • Oh just wait, she can't walk in it.  During the mass it looks like she is going to pass out from it.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_big-fat-gypsy-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:dafc36e6-1140-464c-aff1-8fdeb668e615Post:04288777-f737-4836-977c-973f7a0a3a58">Re: My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding? : Is there a surgery tralier?  

*snort*

They spend an awful lot on this crap for living in those fun looking homes.  They could have gotten a pimped out trailer for the price of that dress.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I love the other little girls laughing at her.
  • Blue I definitely thought the same thing a few times.  They show the cousins dress shopping for the wedding and the one said she has spent up to $500 on a dress to go to a wedding.  I want to know what types of jobs these people have.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards