Snarky Brides

Newbies/Lurkers/Everyone come here please

Re: Newbies/Lurkers/Everyone come here please

• I totally got busy today.  I'm off to go get a long-awaited haircut and act as inspiration for my niece (she's thinking aboout going short) but I will totally do my list when I get back.
  • AllAboutTheBenjamins- I think she's very sweet.  Sometimes too sweet for her own good.  I kind of wish she'd sack up a little from time to time.

Anna.Oskar- We go waaaay back.  I <3 Anna long time.

AnySunrise- I like that she doesn't take herself too seriously.  Though sometimes I feel like she's not saying what she really thinks, and I wish she would, because I bet it's awesome.

Beatles-  She's my soulmate.  My other half.  She's been there for at 3 am more than once, she's been there for me when no one else, even my IRL friends, has.  I will always, always be grateful for TK for letting me get to know this amazing woman.

BecW2Be (Where has she been lately, anyway?)- She's another one who has always been there for me with a kind word or a kick in the pants.  She's an awesome mom, and an awesome person.

Betrothed123- I feel like we share a brain most of the time, and I know she'll damn near always be on the same page as me.  I feel kind of like she's my partner in telling it like it is.

Blueeyed- I don't often agree with her.  She used to annoy the crap out of me.  But I have to say I have a lot of respect for the way she handles herself, especially during debates.  She can argue without getting nasty. 

Cew515-  Add her to the list of my loves that have been there for me forever.  Another awesome mom, and I wish she lived closer to me because we'd totally open up an egg salad deli and be awesome together.

CupcakesFrosting- I still don't know much about her.  Clearly we got off on the wrong foot.  But I do appreciate her backing me up in a thread awhile ago, and I think she's got potential.

J&K numbers (I know you kind of already told us about her, but tell us again/more)- If I told you guys what I really think of myself, my head might explode.

JenGin74- I always used to think she was awesome.  Lately I feel a weird vibe from her, but I can't really put my finger on it.  Nothing really negative, just like she's not really posting like how she used to.

Kat Eye/Mica (okay she's not a reg, but give us your opinion on her anyway)- I know who NOT to call when I need some drugs smuggled.

LedZepplin- Cute kid!  I think she's nice, but she hasn't been around in awhile so nothing else is really popping out at me.  Sorry.

LesPaul-  I think Les and Cheddar are awesome!  I think she's got some really great insight on a lot of things and I wish she was around more to share. 

LessThanZero- Makes me giggle.  In a good way.

Maratea-  I go back and forth.  I feel like she waffled about all the MC stuff a lot, and I would have respected it more if she stuck to her guns, even though it was totally the opposite of the way I felt.  But then again, it's quite possible she really did have a change of heart, which is cool.  But 99% of the time, I like Mara.

MeaghanandMichael-  I want her life.  Gorgeous, sweet, kick ass job, hot hubs.  She's always got a happy for me, and she's been there for me through a lot.  Plus she's a kick booty mod, and I thank her for CPRing this board way back when.

Missy68- Also go way back.  She's so awesome, and I really admire her.  I love the positive outlook she keeps when things are rough, and I think we could all learn a thing or two from her.

NatesGirl- Oh. My. GOD.  This chick annoys the everloving shiit out of me ;)

Nebb- Nebb is another really awesome friend that has been there for me.  We commiserated on being unemployed together and shared work out tips and woes.  I think she's awesome and I wish she'd come around more often because I like her brand of humor and honesty.  I do wish she'd look on the bright side a little more though :)

OhWhyNot- Wise and well spoken.  I love that she can disagree calmly and intelligently.  Whenever I read her posts, I imagine them being said in a soft, flat, perfectly calm voice with a bit of southern drawl (even though I know she doesn't live in the south!).

Raynes-  I really haven't had a ton of interaction with Raynes, but I've got no complaints.

Sarah0725-  I think she kicks ass.  But I wish she'd go try the pizza place I recommended and report back to me ;)

SarahPLiz- At first, I didn't like Sarah, and I can't even remember why.  I enjoy her greatly now.  I want to have a margarita and mexican food with her.  And then go for a run.  or perhaps the other way around.

Seshat- Whisky rocks!  Sesh is another one that I don't believe always says what she really thinks, and I wish she would.

StaceyTaylor- Ummm...not enough interaction, sorry.

StarMusica-  Something bothered me about Star for awhile, and I don't know exactly what it is.  I'm starting to warm up to her though.  She seems like a really classy lady.

Steph087- Another one that I wish she'd say what she really thought.

Y I Oughtta-  I haven't yet decided. 

Zippity- (eats babies) Is my hero.

ETA:
    KatieWhopmus  So so sweet.  I think she's awesome, and I've liked her for a long time.

KD Also very awesome, but I wish she didn't talk about sex swings so much.  I don't care for the sex swing discussions.

NightSprite:  I think Night is a very sweet girl and that we would get along really awesomely in person, but I side eye a lot of her posts.  I get the feeling that she's not really being herself all the time.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_newbieslurkerseveryone-come-here-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e17378fc-dd7d-4045-a2d1-485bf79b3eb7Post:ba4d92c2-0c0c-4c30-b207-45d2189fdd70">Re: Newbies/Lurkers/Everyone come here please</a>:
    [QUOTE] StarMusica-  Something bothered me about Star for awhile, and I don't know exactly what it is.  I'm starting to warm up to her though.  She seems like a really classy lady. 
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>We clashed a bit in some of the "old board vibe vs new board vibe" threads. I was a little put off to but you held your ground. I kinda liked that even if I didn't agree.</div>

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_newbieslurkerseveryone-come-here-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e17378fc-dd7d-4045-a2d1-485bf79b3eb7Post:c493ea87-d4a2-4ce9-b834-bd5e30a84482">Re: Newbies/Lurkers/Everyone come here please</a>:
    [QUOTE]chirp- curious... what does your siggy refer to exactly?
    Posted by Starmusica[/QUOTE]

It's something a friend of mine showed me a while ago.  I was reminded of it when the 2010bridetobe asked Nebb if she was mad.  It made me giggle so I dug it out and thought I'd leave it for a day or so. 
  • ah ok.

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_newbieslurkerseveryone-come-here-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e17378fc-dd7d-4045-a2d1-485bf79b3eb7Post:561b0759-8b53-4894-bdbd-1d82fb30ec59">Re: Newbies/Lurkers/Everyone come here please</a>:
    [QUOTE]I totally got busy today.  I'm off to go get a long-awaited haircut and act as inspiration for my niece (she's thinking aboout going short) but I will totally do my list when I get back.
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]
    Pictures please!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_newbieslurkerseveryone-come-here-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e17378fc-dd7d-4045-a2d1-485bf79b3eb7Post:eb00e549-282c-4434-8c8e-99618ec5d95f">Re: Newbies/Lurkers/Everyone come here please</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Newbies/Lurkers/Everyone come here please : It's something a friend of mine showed me a while ago.  I was reminded of it when the 2010bridetobe asked Nebb if she was mad.  It made me giggle so I dug it out and thought I'd leave it for a day or so. 
    Posted by chirpchirp[/QUOTE]

oohooh!! I get a gold star!! I had a feeling this is what it was about. Although, I didn't want to say it because it seemed like an elaborate theory. I guess I get half a gold star instead!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_newbieslurkerseveryone-come-here-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e17378fc-dd7d-4045-a2d1-485bf79b3eb7Post:304ba3f0-6b58-4cae-a7fc-e0c6a225a8a4">Re: Newbies/Lurkers/Everyone come here please</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Newbies/Lurkers/Everyone come here please : We clashed a bit in some of the "old board vibe vs new board vibe" threads. I was a little put off to but you held your ground. I kinda liked that even if I didn't agree.
    Posted by Starmusica[/QUOTE]

That wasn't why I wasn't a big fan though.  I just can't remember why.  So it couldn't have been too awful ;)

I really do like when people can step up and disagree with me.  I love a good debate, and I know I sometimes hold unpopular opinions.  I like seeing who will have the balls to sack up and say "Whoa, what? No way".  (note:  that's not to say I say the things I do just to stir shiit.  I just think it's amusing to see who pretends I didn't say anything at all, who agrees, and who disagrees.)

• AllAboutTheBenjamins- She seems like a really nice person
    Anna.Oskar- She also seems like a really sweet person and it kinda sucks that a lame BSC person ruined her liking for newbs.
    AnySunrise- I know she's around my age and it's nice to see someone else who's young that doesn't give young brides a bad name or young people in general.
    Beatles- She's never given me a bad impression.
    BecW2Be - I don't see her a lot but I don't read every single post but from what I've seen I like her.
    Betrothed123- Sometimes she comes across as mean but it's not really mean, it's calling it like it is which is nice.
    Blueeyed- She's the first person I ever had a conversation with and even though we didn't agree she wasn't disrespectful.
    Cew515- She's pretty funny
    CupcakesFrosting- From what I've seen of her posting she seems like she had a rough childhood and she doesn't treat people like garbage for it.
    J&K numbers- I wouldn't say she's harsh, I'd say she's blunt.
    JenGin74- She seems pretty nice
    Kat Eye/Mica (okay she's not a reg, but give us your opinion on her anyway)- I always thought she was an idiot. She reminded me of those annoying girls in high school that had a "LOOK AT ME!!" lifestyle. She gives us newbs a bad name and it blows.
    LedZepplin- I like her name. I haven't seen her or I don't really remember what she posted.
    LesPaul- She also reminds me of guitars.
    LessThanZero- I don't think I've ever seen her be mean. Maybe I'm wrong but she seems pretty chill.
    Maratea- I think I get her confused with someone else who's name I don't remember.
    MeaghanandMichael- She seems pretty nice. I can see it being difficult being a mod and having to read every annoying post possible. So if she ever has been biitchy I can understand why.
    Missy68- I like that she's not afraid to go against the grain.
    NatesGirl- She is pretty funny.
    Nebb- She's Canadian so that automatically makes her cool. But sometimes I find she's blunt. Which isn't a bad thing, I think a lot of people mistake it for biitchiness.
    OhWhyNot- I don't think I have a problem with her.
    Raynes- I agree with whoever said she has a lot of good recipes
    Sarah0725- I get her and SarahPliz mixed up but I like them both.
    SarahPLiz- see above. Although, I have no idea what her avatar thing is.
    Seshat- She seems really nice.
    StaceyTaylor- To be honest, I don't really know. Not in a bad way I'm just blanking on some names.
    StarMusica- I admire her for going to law school.
    Steph087- Never came across as bitchy to me.
    Y I Oughtta- In her last sig she did look angry? But I thought she was purposely making the face, not at the dress or anything but to be funny. I didn't see anything wrong with it and I find it lame that she got flamed for it. Her dress is also really cool.
    Zippity- (eats babies) - She cracks me up.
    KatieWhompus- I find her really sweet too. She also likes Glee so I look forward to Glee posts.
    KD- She seems really classy.
    NightSprite- I like her too.
    Celles: She reminds me of someone I used to talk to
    Tide: reminds me of having to do laundry but she seems nice. I don't recall her ever being mean
    Roxy: She also seems really classy and nice.

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Haha.  You can have a whole one.  I'm pretty sure I was deeply amused and into a couple of glasses of wine when I read that and thought about the picture. 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_newbieslurkerseveryone-come-here-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e17378fc-dd7d-4045-a2d1-485bf79b3eb7Post:783c562d-ed3f-4fb3-92eb-6962285cc89a">Re: Newbies/Lurkers/Everyone come here please</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Newbies/Lurkers/Everyone come here please : That wasn't why I wasn't a big fan though.  I just can't remember why.  So it couldn't have been too awful ;) I really do like when people can step up and disagree with me.  I love a good debate, and I know I sometimes hold unpopular opinions.  I like seeing who will have the balls to sack up and say "Whoa, what? No way".  (note:  that's not to say I say the things I do just to stir shiit.  I just think it's amusing to see who pretends I didn't say anything at all, who agrees, and who disagrees.)
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>ah well. can't expect love from everyone :)</div><div>
    </div><div>I am also a fan of the debates. Its what brings me back here.</div>

my book shelf:
  • I forgot Tide. I think she's amazing. Seriously.

Also, MIAF always makes me laugh!

Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_newbieslurkerseveryone-come-here-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e17378fc-dd7d-4045-a2d1-485bf79b3eb7Post:3f5d28f4-0870-4ba2-92d2-50cad72a097e">Re: Newbies/Lurkers/Everyone come here please</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Newbies/Lurkers/Everyone come here please : Pictures please!
    Posted by SarahPLiz[/QUOTE]

No one wants to see this ratty ol' mug 'o' mine.
  • I do! At least on FB, k?
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_newbieslurkerseveryone-come-here-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e17378fc-dd7d-4045-a2d1-485bf79b3eb7Post:28b61894-5660-4a41-a299-ea7095abbe34">Re: Newbies/Lurkers/Everyone come here please</a>:
    [QUOTE]I do! At least on FB, k?
    Posted by SarahPLiz[/QUOTE]

That... i can do  :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_newbieslurkerseveryone-come-here-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e17378fc-dd7d-4045-a2d1-485bf79b3eb7Post:90ab84bc-f54b-4b30-9825-729d840676b1">Re: Newbies/Lurkers/Everyone come here please</a>:
    [QUOTE]Anna.Oskar- She also seems like a really sweet person and it kinda sucks that a lame BSC person ruined her liking for newbs.
    Posted by avsfan33[/QUOTE]

Never fear.  No newbie has that much power over me.  it just means I'll be less likely to reach out to newbies.  I'll still be receptive to them reaching out to me.  :)

plus, I can be a bitch.  I like to save it for special occasions.  Some of the chicks who have been around for awhile can attest to my ability to verbally kick the occasional ass.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_newbieslurkerseveryone-come-here-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e17378fc-dd7d-4045-a2d1-485bf79b3eb7Post:6192d84c-e456-4c72-b324-7f81882e258e">Re: Newbies/Lurkers/Everyone come here please</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Newbies/Lurkers/Everyone come here please : Never fear.  No newbie has that much power over me.  it just means I'll be less likely to reach out to newbies.  I'll still be receptive to them reaching out to me.  :) plus, I can be a bitch.  I like to save it for special occasions.  <strong>Some of the chicks who have been around for awhile can attest to my ability to verbally kick the occasional ass.</strong>
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

Pick me!

• MIAF! how did we possibly forget her. shes a total riot.

my book shelf:
  • Sounds good! I have to warn you, being less harsh is way less fun.
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_newbieslurkerseveryone-come-here-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e17378fc-dd7d-4045-a2d1-485bf79b3eb7Post:039ab1b5-33d7-4308-a639-141832ddb218">Re: Newbies/Lurkers/Everyone come here please</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is going to take forever b/c I'm going to have to go into the posts from yesterday to figure out who people are...But I want to do it!  *Feverishly typing* ETA: Nevermind, as I went through the list, I realized I didn't have alot of nice things to say. However, that was based on yesterday's experience. For now, I'll just say the jury is out on all.
    Posted by 2010Bride2be[/QUOTE]

I think you should play anyway.  Seriously.  I'd have a field day over here if you were ballsy enough to do it. 

• J&K - It's from hyperbole and a half. It is a little creepy until you read the blog that goes with it. Now every time I see it I smile to myself.

Thanks Zep!

The ones I forgot of weren't mentioned when I posted are:

Jas: I agree with a lot of others that she is wise beyond her years. She seems like this really calm, well put together person. I haven't had a ton of interaction with her but she's always handles herself well.

Lenore: Kind of the same as Jas. You always have something intelligent to say about every topic. Though you're not here often, I always enjoy your posts.

MIAF: Effing hilarious. I loved your wedding pics.

Aprove: I haven't had a lot of interaction with you either. But I like that you stick to your guns about certain subjects regardless of whether you're going against the grain.

Roxy: Total sweetheart. I always think of you as the stylist of the group.

KimheartsScott: You crack me up and I felt an immediate bond with your mutual love of Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

Tide: Very smart and always have something intelligent to say about the more serious topics. Your baby is adorable.

Mag: Also haven't had a lot of interaction with you, but you seem very nice, understanding and a generally fun person to be around.

I'm sure there's more. I actually didn't realize just how many people post here until this thread came about.
  • 2010, I think you should as well. I'm curious.
    Photobucket
  • AllAboutTheBenjamins- Super nice. Funny. it seems like things just pop into her head and then she says them and I love that about her

Anna.Oskar- I think Anna is probably the nicest, most compassionate person I've ever had the pleasure to know.

AnySunrise- I adore you. I normally don't have much to say to people that are a lot younger than me, but with you things just flow freely and I like that

Beatles-  Kind and levelheaded. I also admire your ability to see all sides of a situation and not be really judgemental. That's a wonderful quality

BecW2Be (Where has she been lately, anyway?)- I love Bec. We haven't really had a lot of back and forth with each other, but her posts almost always make me smile. She's also a smartass and I admire that in a person.

Betrothed123- Blunt and sassy. I get you. I wish we talked more.

Blueeyed- My political oposite, but I thoroughly enjoy your point of view. I also get a feeling that IRL your an unbelievably loyal friend

Cew515 - I loves me some Cew. No matter what's going on in my life, your posts always brighten my day and put a smile on my face. You're wacky and I love you for that

CupcakesFrosting- I think you're pretty freakin cool. Down to earth and funny. I enjoy getting to know you

J&K numbers (I know you kind of already told us about her, but tell us again/more)- I really like you. Your blunt and to the point but you hardly ever get shiity about it. You state things as matter of fact. I think you have balls and I like that

JenGin74 - This biitch is awesome. NFT.

Kat Eye/Mica (okay she's not a reg, but give us your opinion on her anyway)-I never really got Mica. I think once she realized that she didn't completely fit in she kind of went off the deep end.

LedZepplin- I like you and want to get to know you better. it seems that you're not around very much (but that could just be in my head)

LesPaul-  Les is wonderful. Always so kind and warm. Another person that I need to talk to more.

LessThanZero- I love your sense of humor. I get you and I think we're a lot alike.

Maratea - Love. Nothing else needs to be said  :)

MeaghanandMichael- I dig you a lot. You're smart and funny and kind and it all comes in a beautiful package.

Missy68- You and I have never really talked. How is that possible? For the record, I always enjoy your posts and I think your a really great person.

NatesGirl- I kind of wish you were my sister. That would be cool. I think you and I could get into a lot of trouble together  :) Oh yeah, and you know I think your awesome.

Nebb- Honest and funny. I enjoy Nebb but I always get the feeling that she could either take or leave me.

OhWhyNot-  Kind and logical. Also, a wonderful and caring person. I have much love for you

Raynes- I need to talk to you more. I like you

Sarah0725-  I totally admire you. You're so smart and funny and I completely enjoy your sarcastic wit. You're the bees knees.

SarahPLiz- You're awesome! I've always thought so, but the more we interact, the more I like you.

Seshat- I enjoy you more than I think you know. You're a great person and I'm glad I know you

StaceyTaylor- You make me laugh (in a good way). I think IRL we would be good friends

StarMusica-  You're really sweet and your wedding video made me tear up. I think you're awesome and you should drop out of school so you can come around more  :)

Steph087 -  I love you even though you would tailgate me and honk because I'm only doing 80 in the left lane :P I wish we knew each other IRL because you make me happy

Y I Oughtta-  I get a good feeling about you

Zippity- (eats babies) - You're probably the funniest person I've ever read. Your drive-by style zingers always put a smile on my face

KatieWhopmus   - I think you're absolutely wonderful and I always wish good things for you.

KD  - She's my biitch and I loves her

NightSprite - I really like you and I wish we talked more. Make it happen, ok?
    imageimage
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_newbieslurkerseveryone-come-here-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e17378fc-dd7d-4045-a2d1-485bf79b3eb7Post:42e74961-acfa-45ec-936b-1e9d47efb214">Re: Newbies/Lurkers/Everyone come here please</a>:
    [QUOTE]  Cew515 - When I started posting, I wasn't a Cew fan- I once even told her so. But I really enjoy her now, and find her such a caring person. Ben is adorable, and they seem to have a really great family life. She gives great job advice too. Posted by mrs.jesse[/QUOTE]

Thank you for this. I really truly mean it with all of my heart. I've had a relatively shitastic day and this was just awesome to read. I wish I could give you a hug right now.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_newbieslurkerseveryone-come-here-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e17378fc-dd7d-4045-a2d1-485bf79b3eb7Post:23a83c76-13fa-44a1-b0b0-f7ef13807afd">Re: Newbies/Lurkers/Everyone come here please</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Newbies/Lurkers/Everyone come here please : Thank you for this. I really truly mean it with all of my heart. I've had a relatively shitastic day and this was just awesome to read. I wish I could give you a hug right now.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

Aw, I'm sorry you had a shitastic day, my Cew :(

• Jen - It's not just in your head. I haven't been around much in the past several weeks. Things got kind of bumpy IRL and are just now sort of starting to calm back down. So, hopefully I'll be around more.
    Photobucket
  • slubkinslubkin member
    First Comment
    edited November 2010
    Alright.  I've taken a deep breath and I 'm tackling this ever-growing list.  Despite lurking and sporadically posting here, I just don't have any strong opinions about some of you yet.  :)

AllAboutTheBenjamins- AATB is one of my favorite people here, largely because she was the first one to tell me she liked me.  I also really like that she seems very open and expressive.

Anna.Oskar- Reminds me of me in some ways with the cooking... I love to cook and bake and I'd talk to her more about it except I'm trying to eat healthy to keep losing weight and I just know if I start talking about baked goods I'll cave in and do some baking.

AnySunrise- Love her!  She made me feel so much better about being a WoW nerd here!  I think the story of how she and her FI got together is pretty cool.  I feel like she'd be a friend FI and I would hang out with if we lived nearby. 

Aprovencher-

Beatles- She seems to be intelligent and thoughtful.  I feel like I want to pay more attention to her future posts to get to know her better.

BecW2Be (Where has she been lately, anyway?)-

Betrothed123- I really respect that she says how she feels, tact be damned.  Of course, I haven't been on the business end of that yet.  But I hope never to be. 

Blueeyed- Interesting and sometimes has provocative opinions.  That said, she seems like someone who is probably a lot of fun to be around.

Cew515- 

CupcakesFrosting- MMMMMM cupcakes.

Jas-

J&K numbers - Like B, I feel like she isn't afraid to speak her mind and I respect that.  Sometimes she is the one to actually say what everyone else seems to be thinking (but is too polite to say).   Every group of people needs someone like that to cut through the BS sometimes.

JenGin74- She's seemed to be pleasant and helpful.  Also, her avatar pic makes me hungry whenever I see it.

Kat Eye/Mica-- /shrug  I must have missed some of the relevant drama here.

Kimheartsscott--

LedZepplin- Seems like a nice person, from what I recall she has solid advice.  She's another person whose posts I feel like I should pay more attention to.

LesPaul-

LessThanZero- Posts some interesting food for thought here.  I appreciate the distraction from the doldrums of my work. 

Maratea- She seems to be sensible and thoughtful.  I know I've read posts of hers I've liked but for some reason am blanking on them at the moment.

MeaghanandMichael- Fantastic job of moderating this board, given all the potential (and sometimes real) drama that can unfold here.  I appreciate that the ban-hammer doesn't come crashing down all the time and threads don't get locked just because people aren't ultra-supportive.  That's what I like about SB. 

Missy68-

NatesGirl-

Nebb-

OhWhyNot- Like a calm older sibling dispensing wise advice.  I always take OWN's suggestions and comments very seriously.

Raynes- From lurking on GIS, she is very knowledgeable about health stuff, and I really respect her commitment to good health.  I'm trying to make my own and seeing some results, so I appreciate her support and advice to everyone on that board (and her snarky comments here, too!).

Sarah0725-

SarahPLiz- Posts some fascinating things here.   Another thank you for keeping me entertained at work.

Seshat- I am quite concerned about her toe, now. 

StaceyTaylor-

StarMusica- Having applied to law schools and taken the LSAT myself, and then making a conscious decision NOT to go to law school, I respect her for doing it and all the hard work that is part of the package (not to mention the price tag!).  I work in the legal field and it's been affected just as badly as the rest of the economy.  I wish her all the best with school and finding a fantastic career opportunity upon graduation and passing the bar.

Steph087-

Y I Oughtta- Only lately on my radar.  She seems to be adapting well to SB and seems to take things in stride- I think that's always a good quality in people.

Zippity- (eats babies) ONOMNOM BABIES!

KatieWhompus-  I feel like she is someone I would be friends with IRL, just because of some of the posts she's made before about kids and teaching and family stuff.  I also love the pic of her wearing her veil.

KD-

NightSprite-

Celles
    - Another fellow WoW player, I appreciate her welcoming me as well.
    "Plus who needs a purse when you have a wedding dress? Those things are like walking hobo bags just waiting to be stuffed with surprise treasures." -Wedinator.com image
  • Nothing, Slub? You got nothing for me? Not even "she's a total cuntfaced whore!"?
  • slubkinslubkin member
    First Comment
    edited November 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_newbieslurkerseveryone-come-here-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e17378fc-dd7d-4045-a2d1-485bf79b3eb7Post:65a81f60-b8c5-4120-82a8-27537ffd21d3">Re: Newbies/Lurkers/Everyone come here please</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nothing, Slub? You got nothing for me? Not even "she's a total cuntfaced whore!"?
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]
    Nope.  I reserve that phrase for special occasions.  Maybe one of these days you'll merit it but I rather suspect not.  :)

Give me a couple more weeks and I'll get back to you with something more specific.
    "Plus who needs a purse when you have a wedding dress? Those things are like walking hobo bags just waiting to be stuffed with surprise treasures." -Wedinator.com image
  • Cew! Have you responded yet? I'm curious about how you feel. :)

P.S. I totally started this thread as a joke to see who would have the balls to answer first... but I love what it became.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards