Snarky Brides
Options

Newbies/Lurkers/Everyone come here please

Re: Newbies/Lurkers/Everyone come here please

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_newbieslurkerseveryone-come-here-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e17378fc-dd7d-4045-a2d1-485bf79b3eb7Post:65a81f60-b8c5-4120-82a8-27537ffd21d3">Re: Newbies/Lurkers/Everyone come here please</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nothing, Slub? You got nothing for me? Not even "she's a total cuntfaced whore!"?
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]
    We don't exist.  Want to join me in the corner of de-validation?  I will lick your ass.
  • Options
    slubkinslubkin member
    First Comment
    edited November 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_newbieslurkerseveryone-come-here-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e17378fc-dd7d-4045-a2d1-485bf79b3eb7Post:9fff1522-7b72-47f0-b2ab-ca1d4be7b2f7">Re: Newbies/Lurkers/Everyone come here please</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Newbies/Lurkers/Everyone come here please : We don't exist.  Want to join me in the corner of de-validation?  I will lick your ass.
    Posted by NatesGirl16[/QUOTE]
    I like you too, Nates, but I feel like it would be disrespectful and lame for me to come up with some half assed BS... I'd rather get to genuinely know you better so I can have something valid.

ETA- I've been in the de-validation corner and when I was there, no one offered to lick MY ass.  I'm jealous.
    "Plus who needs a purse when you have a wedding dress? Those things are like walking hobo bags just waiting to be stuffed with surprise treasures." -Wedinator.com image
  • Options
    It's ok, Cew, a whole slew of 'em didn't write a darn thing for me either.  I maintain that it's because they can't possibly bear to say something nice, but they're too scared to call me a raging bitch ;)

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_newbieslurkerseveryone-come-here-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e17378fc-dd7d-4045-a2d1-485bf79b3eb7Post:9fff1522-7b72-47f0-b2ab-ca1d4be7b2f7">Re: Newbies/Lurkers/Everyone come here please</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Newbies/Lurkers/Everyone come here please : We don't exist.  Want to join me in the corner of de-validation?  I will lick your ass.

I can't asslsick for fear of picking up a stray pubic hair. I would die. But, I will hang out in your corner. Maybe we could needlepoint or play chicken instead.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_newbieslurkerseveryone-come-here-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e17378fc-dd7d-4045-a2d1-485bf79b3eb7Post:9fff1522-7b72-47f0-b2ab-ca1d4be7b2f7">Re: Newbies/Lurkers/Everyone come here please</a>:

<div>Can I join too? I'll bring the marmalade.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_newbieslurkerseveryone-come-here-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e17378fc-dd7d-4045-a2d1-485bf79b3eb7Post:1476ab45-3287-4bdd-a43a-d6674f1db5ed">Re: Newbies/Lurkers/Everyone come here please</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Newbies/Lurkers/Everyone come here please : I hope everything's alright. You've got a bunch of ladies that are here for you if you need anything
    Posted by JenGin74[/QUOTE]

I know. You guys are really awesome. Really, the only reason I didn't say anything was because it just bummed  out me more to talk about it.

FI got "temporarily" laid off several weeks ago because his office just didn't have the work to keep him on. They let him work here and there when they had stuff for him to do it, but it was maybe half of his normal hours. It was scary because my job hardly brings in any money at all.

Things are slowly looking up, though. He started a new job last week and is going to continue to work at his old one as they let him. Plus, there are rumors they might be able to hire him back full time after the end of the year.  We're not completely recovered yet, but it's getting better.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_newbieslurkerseveryone-come-here-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e17378fc-dd7d-4045-a2d1-485bf79b3eb7Post:3d2b1d29-a400-41d6-bb23-343f2878a05c">Re: Newbies/Lurkers/Everyone come here please</a>:
    [QUOTE]Cew! Have you responded yet? I'm curious about how you feel. :) P.S. I totally started this thread as a joke to see who would have the balls to answer first... but I love what it became.
    Posted by Steph0871[/QUOTE]

I love this thread. It's like a perfect mix between a knottie poll and a love fest. Two of my favorite things! I definitely plan to respond. I'm still formulating all of the responses in my head.
  • Options
    Oh, and Jen, I totally want to be your sister too!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_newbieslurkerseveryone-come-here-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e17378fc-dd7d-4045-a2d1-485bf79b3eb7Post:e2191f60-5717-4424-aebd-c2e99df4d13e">Re: Newbies/Lurkers/Everyone come here please</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh man, I thought I caught everyone.  How could I forget you, Lenore?  I missed you when you were gone and I'm so glad you're back!
    Posted by NatesGirl16[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Awww Thanks :)

</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_newbieslurkerseveryone-come-here-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e17378fc-dd7d-4045-a2d1-485bf79b3eb7Post:65c9a6fe-2d68-46b0-9fb5-b53082bf49d9">Re: Newbies/Lurkers/Everyone come here please</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Newbies/Lurkers/Everyone come here please : I can't asslsick for fear of picking up a stray pubic hair. I would die. But, I will hang out in your corner. Maybe we could needlepoint or play chicken instead.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]
    That's a nice compromise.  Welcome to the corner of identity-less-ness.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_newbieslurkerseveryone-come-here-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e17378fc-dd7d-4045-a2d1-485bf79b3eb7Post:9007a6d9-e6b4-46f3-b6f4-bf6b71aae56d">Re: Newbies/Lurkers/Everyone come here please</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Newbies/Lurkers/Everyone come here please : I know. You guys are really awesome. Really, the only reason I didn't say anything was because it just bummed  out me more to talk about it. FI got "temporarily" laid off several weeks ago because his office just didn't have the work to keep him on. They let him work here and there when they had stuff for him to do it, but it was maybe half of his normal hours. It was scary because my job hardly brings in any money at all. Things are slowly looking up, though. He started a new job last week and is going to continue to work at his old one as they let him. Plus, there are rumors they might be able to hire him back full time after the end of the year.  We're not completely recovered yet, but it's getting better.
    Posted by LedZeppelin[/QUOTE]

Aw, sorry to hear, Led.  I'll keep my fingers crossed for rehiring!

• Options
    slubkinslubkin member
    First Comment
    edited November 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_newbieslurkerseveryone-come-here-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e17378fc-dd7d-4045-a2d1-485bf79b3eb7Post:9007a6d9-e6b4-46f3-b6f4-bf6b71aae56d">Re: Newbies/Lurkers/Everyone come here please</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Newbies/Lurkers/Everyone come here please : I know. You guys are really awesome. Really, the only reason I didn't say anything was because it just bummed  out me more to talk about it. FI got "temporarily" laid off several weeks ago because his office just didn't have the work to keep him on. They let him work here and there when they had stuff for him to do it, but it was maybe half of his normal hours. It was scary because my job hardly brings in any money at all. Things are slowly looking up, though. He started a new job last week and is going to continue to work at his old one as they let him. Plus, there are rumors they might be able to hire him back full time after the end of the year.  We're not completely recovered yet, but it's getting better.
    Yikes!  I know what that feels like- last year my FI injured his back and ended up off work for 4 months before he was pronounced ok to work again... by then there were no jobs and he couldn't even get through to the unemployment office.

He looked for another two months before he found a stopgap job, and it wasn't great but he was just glad to have income again.  While he was there, he kept looking and sending out resumes and actually got a call from a place that hadn't even been hiring when he sent them his resume. 

He ended up with a much better paying job than the one he had when he got injured.   I am hopeful for you that in time, your FI will, too.
    "Plus who needs a purse when you have a wedding dress? Those things are like walking hobo bags just waiting to be stuffed with surprise treasures." -Wedinator.com image
  • Options

AllAboutTheBenjamins- She's a shitton of fun. 
    Anna.Oskar- One of the sweetest people ever.  I love her random postings on my wall and general love of Christmas
    AnySunrise- So much fun to listen to and talk with and a million different subjects
    Beatles- I like taco cat
    BecW2Be - I love when she's around to post
    Betrothed123- Love her honesty
    Blueeyed- I love her.  I'm marrying her this weekend and then we are heading south to go marry Ricks together.  We're starting a fiscally conservative, nutrition based sister wives commune.....
    Cew515- Is an awesome mom and has one of the cutest little boys ever
    CupcakesFrosting- I haven't had as many conversations with her as I'd like!
    J&K numbers- Eh sometimes a bit harsh
    JenGin74- Awesome person....I love when she jumps into a conversation and she really understands me and my bitch switch
    Kat Eye/Mica (okay she's not a reg, but give us your opinion on her anyway)-Twat
    LedZepplin-Seems like a sweetheart with such an adorable son. 
    LesPaul- Typically says something that makes me smile
    LessThanZero- Again, haven't been around that much with her so I don't have much to say but she seems nice
    Maratea- Kickass.  I love that she doesn't take any shiit from anyone
    MeaghanandMichael- Best mod ever.  Even though she did try to shun me cause I didn't like the mini giraffe.  I still love her
    Missy68- Always honest and sincere.  Her dog is awesome
    NatesGirl- I love her and hope I get to meet her soon.
    Nebb- I love Nebb's sense of humor
    OhWhyNot- I don't get the appeal
    Raynes- I don't know her that well but I'll agree that it seems like she has a bunch of receipes.  I think I should start stalking her more.
    Sarah0725- We're very different politically but I love that we can have a nice conversation together about politics
    SarahPLiz- For some reason I always envision her running or working out.  She's smart and awesome.
    Seshat- Awesome author and a lovely human being. 
    StaceyTaylor- Don't really know her yet.....
    StarMusica- I'm going to stalk her so hopefully she'll help me get through law school.  She's wicked smart and genuine.
    Steph087- I like her a lot.  Plus she looked hot in her wedding photos.  I'll still be her friend despite her leaving me off the list.....
    Y I Oughtta- I have no idea
    Zippity- (eats babies) - 99% of the time that she posts I laugh (in a good way)
    KatieWhompus-  A darling and loves animals like me. 
    KD- There is no way in hell that hot momma is old enough to have  a grown son, just sayin.
    NightSprite- Aweomse person who has really been there for me when I've been down and feeling the blues.
    Tide: Another awesome mom.  I cannot wait to see pictures of Tristan and Lorlei (sp?)
    Roxy: Awesome sense of style and I typically love shoes that she's wearing in her siggy photos. 
    Ricksang: My sisterwife.  I don't share well.
    Lenore: very nice and I always remember (after a conversation with her) that she's a lawyer.

• Options
    Thanks Jk! I really appreciate it.

BTW, I love your sig!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_newbieslurkerseveryone-come-here-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e17378fc-dd7d-4045-a2d1-485bf79b3eb7Post:8f6dc851-bd30-4ccb-9dd5-19ae2d81e33a">Re: Newbies/Lurkers/Everyone come here please</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks Jk! I really appreciate it. BTW, I love your sig!

EEEEEEE me too.  I die every time I see it.  Seriously.  My abs are going to hurt tomorrow. 

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_newbieslurkerseveryone-come-here-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e17378fc-dd7d-4045-a2d1-485bf79b3eb7Post:41c75840-2271-4490-bc20-ad4b806b950a">Re: Newbies/Lurkers/Everyone come here please</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Newbies/Lurkers/Everyone come here please : I like you too, Nates, but I feel like it would be disrespectful and lame for me to come up with some half assed BS... I'd rather get to genuinely know you better so I can have something valid. ETA- I've been in the de-validation corner and when I was there, no one offered to lick MY ass.  I'm jealous.
    Posted by slubkin[/QUOTE]
    No, it's okay, I just saw the potential for a joke.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_newbieslurkerseveryone-come-here-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e17378fc-dd7d-4045-a2d1-485bf79b3eb7Post:65c9a6fe-2d68-46b0-9fb5-b53082bf49d9">Re: Newbies/Lurkers/Everyone come here please</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Newbies/Lurkers/Everyone come here please : I can't asslsick for fear of picking up a stray pubic hair. I would die. But, I will hang out in your corner. Maybe we could needlepoint or play chicken instead.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]
    OMG I can't believe I forgot about your adorable son!

/hangs head in shame
  • Options
    aprov! its good to see you back. please don't go away again.

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • Options
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

I'll go sit with you, but only if we can slap box. 

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_newbieslurkerseveryone-come-here-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e17378fc-dd7d-4045-a2d1-485bf79b3eb7Post:0ae3144a-6ebd-4f69-9ca4-484dc5b66449">Re: Newbies/Lurkers/Everyone come here please</a>:
    [QUOTE]aprov! its good to see you back. please don't go away again.
    Posted by Starmusica[/QUOTE]

How will you bribe me to stay?  How about you do my Civil Procedure studying and exam.  That's a fair trade off.......

Missed you Star ::kisses::
  • Options
    Oops and I forgot

Allisong:  We don't agree politically but I've enjoyed just about every conversation we;ve ever had.  She's a strong yet loving person.
  • Options
     Lenore: very nice and I always remember (after a conversation with her) that she's a lawyer.
    Posted by aprovencher21[/QUOTE]

and I always think of you and Starmusica as the SB law students :)

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_newbieslurkerseveryone-come-here-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e17378fc-dd7d-4045-a2d1-485bf79b3eb7Post:22825f2f-8ed0-4c7c-909e-6b670299a371">Re: Newbies/Lurkers/Everyone come here please</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Newbies/Lurkers/Everyone come here please : How will you bribe me to stay?  How about you do my Civil Procedure studying and exam.  That's a fair trade off....... Missed you Star ::kisses::

<div>
    </div><div>I will totally take your civ pro exam if you write my appellate brief. I need an A...  Civ pro is so boring. Whose book are you using?</div>

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_newbieslurkerseveryone-come-here-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e17378fc-dd7d-4045-a2d1-485bf79b3eb7Post:847dfe62-9da7-442b-a6c3-579c7e19b656">Re: Newbies/Lurkers/Everyone come here please</a>:
    [QUOTE] Lenore: very nice and I always remember (after a conversation with her) that she's a lawyer. Posted by aprovencher21[/QUOTE] and I always think of you and Starmusica as the SB law students :)
    Posted by Lenore2010[/QUOTE]

If I didn't have Civ Pro I think I'd somewhat enjoy being a law student.  Right now I think I'd rather have my wisdom teeth pulled again.

=)  Is there anyone else on the board in law school?  I think there is someone else but my mind has run far far away.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_newbieslurkerseveryone-come-here-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e17378fc-dd7d-4045-a2d1-485bf79b3eb7Post:32ab3827-9bd8-436c-a32e-e211d4b7130a">Re: Newbies/Lurkers/Everyone come here please</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Newbies/Lurkers/Everyone come here please : I will totally take your civ pro exam if you write my appellate brief. I need an A...  Civ pro is so boring. Whose book are you using?
    Posted by Starmusica[/QUOTE]

We're using Epstein I think.  I didn't bring the book in the house with me.  Studying today with an outline group angered me so I left the book in the car so I don't have to look at it. 

Er whats your appellate brief on?  I wouldn't even pretend to know how to do that yet.
  • Options
    I"M SORRY APROV!  

B started the list, and I forgot how many people actually post on here regularly... adn, um, you've been MIA, so it's not all my fault. ;)
  • Options
    Law School sounds hard.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_newbieslurkerseveryone-come-here-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e17378fc-dd7d-4045-a2d1-485bf79b3eb7Post:0726c496-6629-4d83-8b3d-4695f636d4c4">Re: Newbies/Lurkers/Everyone come here please</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Newbies/Lurkers/Everyone come here please : We're using Epstein I think.  I didn't bring the book in the house with me.  Studying today with an outline group angered me so I left the book in the car so I don't have to look at it.  Er whats your appellate brief on?  I wouldn't even pretend to know how to do that yet.

<div>
    </div><div>hmm. We used the Glannon Guide and the glannon example and explanations. Glannon was my professor. But the e&e series is VERY helpful. </div><div>
    </div><div>haha I am responding for the "state" in a drug conviction appeal for a class. Its not real obviously lol. Its all very fun... all 40 + pages.</div>

my book shelf:
  • Options
    I'm not a law student but I'm a student of laying down the law. Bam! That was me smackin your ass. Did you feel that? That's me. Laying down the law. Recognize.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_newbieslurkerseveryone-come-here-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e17378fc-dd7d-4045-a2d1-485bf79b3eb7Post:9d471e5b-0d5b-4d34-9191-72e25e0a9b4f">Re: Newbies/Lurkers/Everyone come here please</a>:
    [QUOTE]I"M SORRY APROV!   B started the list, and I forgot how many people actually post on here regularly... adn, um, you've been MIA, so it's not all my fault. ;)
    Posted by Steph0871[/QUOTE]

Its okay.  I still love you and I know I haven't been around much. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards