Snarky Brides

TK confessions?

Not flames necessarily. Sometimes I like to try and guess what people will say in the GM thread. We are a predictable lot (myself very much included). Anyone else have confessions? (TK RELATED ONLY!!!)

Re: TK confessions?

• On ordinary days (not today) I don't even bother with the GM thread.  I love all you guys, but mostly, I don't care about update after update on humdrum mornings.  And I usually log on after its been going on for three or four pages, so if I do post something, I don't read it.  It's boring.

Again, love you guys :) But morning threads are 'meh' to me.
    panther
  • I post in the GM threads because it gives me something to do. Otherwise, I lurk on TN since I have to waste time lowering my production numbers at work.

I open almost every thread on SB. Again, it gives me something to do. But not on E because holy crap, that's a lot of threads and I don't really give a damn about wedding-related stuff.
  • I lurk WAY more than I post.  I keep trying to break that habit, but in most posts what I'd say has already been said, or I'm way late to the game.

I feel like a creeper.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I feel that way about "omg read this article, stamp your feet in indignation" threads.
  • I think the morning threads are boring and I do get sick of the "I'm sick today" and then 6 people who have to say "I'm sorry you're sick."

But they give me something to do too, and I DO like hearing about other peoples lives.

I lurk more than I post, as well. It's hard to jump in to conversations when people don't know you.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tk-confessions-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e82b958c-3afa-4008-b31e-0d9d5f3033f3Post:e10f8115-289e-4d06-97e9-a0a6e694e598">Re: TK confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: TK confessions? : I rarely read any threads that contain a link. Even if they are somewhat interesting. I have a girl crush on AATB.
    Posted by rachers1017[/QUOTE]

Me either. Or video links. I usually base my opinion on the CNs, not caring if there is need-to-know info in the link.

I hold back on a lot of my true opinions and word responses differently on here because of how people might react. TK has too long a memory.
  • I confess that I am really jealous of the GTGs lately because I would love to go to one.  That's what I get for living in the middle of nowhere.
  • I get a little bitter when good threads happen while I am at work.  I want to read them and post but I can't. I hate that.
  • Nebb, I'm intrigued about what you look like (along with others who don't have pictures in their sig), but lately, I just really want to know what you look like.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tk-confessions-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e82b958c-3afa-4008-b31e-0d9d5f3033f3Post:60ae0aac-985c-46bd-8ad1-dcda1ab266b7">Re: TK confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I lurk WAY more than I post.  I keep trying to break that habit, but in most posts what I'd say has already been said, or I'm way late to the game. I feel like a creeper.
    Posted by raynes[/QUOTE]

<div>Me too.  I've been a member for over 3 years and I "only" have 2000 posts.  I have been posting more regularly lately though since I'm unemployed. </div>
  • You're adorabe Ranch-Rach!
    panther
  • I am with raynes... lately I have been lurking but either I am too late to the party to post.. or I have nothing new to say..

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • I'm envious of many of your off-TK friendships.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • i don't read posts by people that don't have a sig. then I hate it when I have to go back and read it because people are commenting on it.

i also get irrationally annoyed when people give positive attention to posters I don't really care for.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tk-confessions-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e82b958c-3afa-4008-b31e-0d9d5f3033f3Post:0e60d150-1a8d-4d6e-970d-9612ad47ef73">Re: TK confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nebb, I'm intrigued about what you look like (along with others who don't have pictures in their sig), but lately, I just really want to know what you look like.
    Posted by amys325[/QUOTE]

I can tell you this much, she has dark curly hair and is short!

I rarely click links, and also base my opinion on CNs.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tk-confessions-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e82b958c-3afa-4008-b31e-0d9d5f3033f3Post:52061ef9-e9fd-47c7-95ee-271d5bdb2704">Re: TK confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]i don't read posts by people that don't have a sig. then I hate it when I have to go back and read it because people are commenting on it.<strong> i also get irrationally annoyed when people give positive attention to posters I don't really care for.</strong>
    Posted by jennamarie10[/QUOTE]

That's hilarious because... I feel the same exact way!
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tk-confessions-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e82b958c-3afa-4008-b31e-0d9d5f3033f3Post:af42ce48-e054-4859-be25-61df14e3cad1">Re: TK confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]You're adorabe Ranch-Rach!
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

<div>Trufax. Every time I see you sig pic, I think "she looks like she would be so fun to hang out with".  I mean that in the least creepy way possible. </div>
  • I confess that I have never posted... I just lurk around, and have gotten some FABULOUS ideas for my wedding from you ladies!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I also feel like I lurk more than I post. I don't generally say what I think about a lot because I disagree with a some people regularly and don't have the time to stay and debate. I P&R a lot. I also get a vibe that there are a few people that don't like me at all so I avoid getting into debates with them.
    20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I lurk mostly as well, mostly due to that when I get out of work, it seems no one is around. And on my days off, I'm often too busy to really stop in and chat.

There are a lot of new posters around here. Some of them I really like (Rach, I'm looking at you), and some others who really, really confuse me.

I really like ML a lot and kind of want to join in over there.
  • SarahPLizSarahPLiz member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tk-confessions-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e82b958c-3afa-4008-b31e-0d9d5f3033f3Post:fd8a8dea-9dbf-4987-acaa-cb2d7a4f8f03">Re: TK confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: TK confessions? : Me too.  I've been a member for over 3 years and I "only" have 2000 posts.  I have been posting more regularly lately though since I'm unemployed. 
    Posted by LP11509[/QUOTE]
    I was going to ask about that but didn't think it was my business. I remembered you from a long time ago and then all of a sudden you were here again. Not a bad thing. Just something I noticed. 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I just feel like I'm not good at the chit-chat part of some threads, and so I don't contribute. I don't feel like I have anything valuable to add, and I'm not all that interesting, so I kind of just follow along and chime in if there's something that I either know about or want to know more about.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tk-confessions-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e82b958c-3afa-4008-b31e-0d9d5f3033f3Post:52061ef9-e9fd-47c7-95ee-271d5bdb2704">Re: TK confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]i don't read posts by people that don't have a sig. then I hate it when I have to go back and read it because people are commenting on it. i <strong>also get irrationally annoyed when people give positive attention to posters I don't really care for.
    </strong>Posted by jennamarie10[/QUOTE]

Haha, so do I. And, I get confused when people change sigs because I have to learn them all over again. Mostly for newer people I don't "know" well.

I get super pissed when people tell me my friendships here aren't real, or don't matter as much as an IRL friendship. I'm a pretty laid-back person, but that instantly gets my blood boiling. It won't be pretty the next time my mom makes that comment.
  • cardmonstacardmonsta member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tk-confessions-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e82b958c-3afa-4008-b31e-0d9d5f3033f3Post:46d29055-8ed7-42ee-a26e-f3efab43d44b">Re: TK confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just feel like I'm not good at the chit-chat part of some threads, and so I don't contribute. I don't feel like I have anything valuable to add, and I'm not all that interesting, so I kind of just follow along and chime in if there's something that I either know about or want to know more about.
    Posted by september's bride[/QUOTE]

<div>Hiiiiii, congrats! That's so exciting. :)</div><div>
    </div><div>ETA: Your ticker, haha.</div>
  • YIO - I was meaning to ask, what is your dog's name again? I was trying to remember it on a pets thread and totally blanked even though I know I know it. I keep thinking Thor but I know that's not right.
  • Unless I am VERY interested, I usually never click links in posts.  I base everything off of the CN in most cases.  

If your post is more than 2 maybe 3 paragraphs, I wont read it or stop reading half way through.  If you have NO paragraphs and it's 50 lines long, I wont read it at all.

I get annoyed when people with 2 posts stick up for vendors on GIS, I feel like I have to explain myself of why it's obnoxious etc... but I really don't have to do this. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tk-confessions-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e82b958c-3afa-4008-b31e-0d9d5f3033f3Post:3ee29053-4b50-40cd-9d32-af4b78eb0ebb">Re: TK confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess that I have never posted... I just lurk around, and have gotten some FABULOUS ideas for my wedding from you ladies!
    Posted by lobster93[/QUOTE]

CREEPER!!!

Hello!
    panther
  • Aw, thanks, Cardmonsta. :)
  • I have a hard time keeping FB and TK separate. I forget where I read things and I fear I will say something on TK that only happened on FB and it will piss off a friend. I try to be extra vigilant though. 

Also, I see people from TK (who are not my FB friends) commenting on my FB friend's stuff and it totally taints my views of them. 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tk-confessions-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e82b958c-3afa-4008-b31e-0d9d5f3033f3Post:5dda0f44-9ce0-4ee6-9f10-d42d77ed9b08">Re: TK confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: TK confessions? : Thanks LP! I know you're not creepy. I've been trying to pop in more over here because y'all seem cool.
    Posted by rachers1017[/QUOTE]

<div>I really like the posters here.  I like E too, but it moves a little fast for me to keep up with and I feel like my posts just get lost in the shuffle. Or maybe  I just don't have anything interesting enough to say that gets noticed. But I feel like I can keep up better over here, either way. </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards