Snarky Brides
Options

TK is Giving Away 3 Kindles Here!

Re: TK is Giving Away 3 Kindles Here!

• Options

Who is your favorite literary couple? Noah and Allie, The Notebook

Where will you take your Kindle? My back porch

To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • Options
    Who is your favorite literary couple?
    I would say Rhett Butler and Scarlette O'Hara-Gone with the Wind b/c they are doomed yet Rhett holds out hope that she will come to her senses until the end. 
    Where will you take your Kindle? 
    everywhere-planes, car rides, boat rides, kitchen, bedroom, living and family rooms, to the park, and work
  • Options

Who is your favorite literary couple? Ned and Catlyn Stark

Where will you take your Kindle? Just about everywhere-to work to read on my lunch break, on vacation to Virginia next summer, on my honeymoon to NH, and most of importantly to bed!

It doesn't have to be perfect to be everything I want!
    Rings2
    143 Invited image
    88 will be there! image
    55 would rather stay home :(image
    0 Are procrastinating!image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Who is your favorite literary couple?  I have always loved Jamie and Claire from the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon.  

Where will you take your Kindle?  On the bus to work, and to use on my breaks.  I'd also take it to the park that is right across the street from our apartment - a perfect place to read on a sunny day.

image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I<p class="MsoNormal"><strong>Who is your favorite literary couple?
    My favorite literary couple is the Phantom and Christine, from The Phantom of the Opera. One of the best love stories ever told, in my opinion. :-)
    </strong></p><strong><p class="MsoNormal"><strong>Where will you take your Kindle?</strong></p></strong><p class="MsoNormal">
    I will take my Kindle with me on long road trips home to see my fiance's family. Oh, and everywhere else, I love to read!

n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tk-is-giving-away-3-kindles-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f19a0510-0aff-448f-88ce-c94056e2a7b4Post:c342a68b-a8e2-4b8b-a0f9-5531b169d005">TK is Giving Away 3 Kindles Here!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey Knotties, reading 50 Shades of Grey and The Hunger Games trilogy just got a lot better, I know you are thinking how could it get better?   Three lucky Knotties have the chance to win a brand new Kindle ! It is the perfect item to bring along on your honeymoon or summer vacation! The Kindle has the following awesome features: •              Built in Wi-Fi C download books in 60 seconds! •               Over 800,000 book titles •              Borrow Kindle books from your public library •              An E Ink display that reads like paper       Answer these questions to enter: Who is your favorite literary couple? Where will you take your Kindle?   Giveaway details: 3 winners will be picked at random. Contest will run from Monday, August 20th at 10:00am EST to Sunday, August 26th at 11:59pm EST
    Posted by Knot Lili[/QUOTE]
    </p>
  • Options
    edited August 2012

Who is your favorite literary couple? Oh I'd definitely have to say Katherine and Petruchio from The Taming of the Shrew. I love Shakespeare  and it is by far my favorite!

Where will you take your Kindle? Kindle's are amazingly tiny so I'd take it with me in my purse! And perhaps on our honeymoon at the Bahamas! It would be perfect to relax with on the beach!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In literary fiction, my favorite relationship is that between Romeo and Juliet. I will bring my kindle with me EVERYWHERE., but mostly when I travel which I do a lot! and I will begin with my travels to Vietnam, later this year, with the love in my life. Thank you so much for this opportunity.
  • Options

Who is your favorite literary couple? Harry Potter and Ginny Weasley 

Where will you take your Kindle? My sons speech therapy appointments, the park, use it to read stories to my son at night so he's no longer ripping up the paper books, on trips to visit family.

Married! 10.19.2012
  • Options
    My favorite literary couple are of course Romeo and Juliet. Even in high school everyone can relate to the impulsiveness of children in their first love. I will take my kindle on all my flights for work and of course to my honeymoon in Belize!
  • Options
    Who is your favorite literary couple? Princess Buttercup & Westley

Where will you take your Kindle?   Everywhere, it would stay in my purse. :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Who is your favorite literary couple? Elizabeth Bennet and Mr.DarcyWhere will you take your Kindle?  Everywhere I can!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Who is your favorite literary couple? Bridget Jones and Mark Darcy

Where will you take your Kindle?  To work for my breaks, on long car rides, by my bedside, in my favourite reading corner, in my backyard -- pretty much everywhere I go.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image 95 Invited
    image 70 Are ready to party!
    image 10 Will be missing out!
    image 15 Are MIA!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tk-is-giving-away-3-kindles-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f19a0510-0aff-448f-88ce-c94056e2a7b4Post:c342a68b-a8e2-4b8b-a0f9-5531b169d005">TK is Giving Away 3 Kindles Here!</a>:
    [QUOTE]      Answer these questions to enter: Who is your favorite literary couple? Where will you take your Kindle?   Giveaway details: 3 winners will be picked at random. Contest will run from Monday, August 20th at 10:00am EST to Sunday, August 26th at 11:59pm EST
    Posted by Knot Lili[/QUOTE]

<div>1) Pocahontas & John Smith </div><div>2) To my patio as I read under the sun! </div>
  • Options

Who is your favorite literary couple? Jessica Darling and Marcus Flutie from the Jessica Darling series by Megan McCafferty. Although they're off and on throughout all five books, I absolutely love this couple!! I've read the books so many times over the past 12 years. I can't get enough of this series!

Where will you take your Kindle? Everywhere, except the bathtub!!! I used to have a Sony E-reader, but one night I decided to take a bubble bath and dropped the darned thing in the water! :( 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I love the black dagger brotherhood series my fav couple is Thor and NoOne. I just want them to be happy and love watching the store unfold. And I love to travel and LOVE to read so I would take my kindle everywhere to the beach and jamcia on our honeymoon and to everyday things!!!
  • Options
    Ron and Hermione from Harry Potter!

Everywhere! I travel for work and a kindle would be perfect!

• Options

Who is your favorite literary couple? Rhett Butler & Scarlett O'Hara from Gone With the Wind.

Where will you take your Kindle? I'll take it to school with me!  I teach elementary school and I got to read a novel on a borrowed Kindle last year - the kids thought it was so cool and so did I!

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My favorite literary couple is Brenna and Conner from the book "The Wedding" by Julie Garwood. I would read this book on my honeymoon in Greece... hopefully.
  • Options
    Fermina Daza and Florentino Ariza from ‘Love in the Time of Cholera’ by Gabriel Garcia Marquez... How do you not love a story of a widow and the man who waited more than 50 years for her to become single again?!

The beach. We travel frequently, and the beach is our escape from the everyday humdrum of an office cubicle in the big city.
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • Options
    Favorite Literary Couple: Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy from Pride and Prejudice
    Where I would take my Kindle: Everywhere! It would definitely come in handy on the train commute - regular books get heavy!  I would also be taking it to Hawaii for my honeymoon!
  • Options

Who is your favorite literary couple? Buttercup and Westley, from The Princess Bride

Where will you take your Kindle? On our honeymoon in PuntaCana! Nothing like reading on the beach.

• Options
    1. Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger is my favorite couple. They were best friends before they finally showed us their love for one another. 2. I would take it everywhere! Work, the beach, vacation!
  • Options
    Who is your favorite literary couple? Mr Darcy and Elizabeth from Pride and Prejudice

Where will you take your Kindle?  Everywhere in my purse, especially my sorority house!

• Options

Answer these questions to enter:

I'm a big Harry Potter fan, so my favorite literary couple is Remus Lupin and Nymphadora Tonks. 

I would take my Kindle everywhere, especially since I'm working on getting my doctorate soon, it would be so useful! 

• Options
    Hard to beat Noah and Allie from Nicholas Sparks' "The Notebook". I cried like a BABY when I read that book...and even when I RE-read it years later.

I would take my new Kindle for my honeymoon plane ride. My sweetie always falls asleep on plane rides so I canprobably get at least a few hours of uninterrupted reading in. ;)
  • Options
    As cliche as it may sound, I would say Romeo and Juliet. Despite the family rivalry, they still held on true to their love no matter what anyone said! Risky and daring in the name of love. I would take my kindle with me on my cruise wedding next year!
  • Options
    1: Henry/Clare from Time Travelers Wife. 2: the beach, on trips, the park, even work. :
  • Options

Jose Arcadio Buendia & Ursula Iquarian from 'One Hundred Years of Soltiude'

Everywhere! While I love 'real books', it's obviously much easier to carry a Kindle instead of 3-4 books with you, while traveling. Therefore, I would keep my real books at home and keep the kindle with me so that I can continue to read my favorite books. :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Anne (with an E) and Gil from Anne of Green Gables
    On long weekend car rides, to work, and on the plane ride to my honeymoon, of course!

• Options

Who is your favorite literary couple? Definitely Claire and Henry from The Time Traveler's Wife. The characters are perfect for each other because they each have flaws -- making their relationship more realistic since they love each other, inperfections and all.

Where will you take your Kindle? My fiance and I are moving to China to teach English for a year before the big day. Since China doesn't have many English language book stores, a kindle would be amazingly useful. I'd hopefully be able to take the Kindle around East Asia when we finish our teaching contract.

Here's a blog post about our engagement!

http://colleenvolzabroad.com/2012/08/18/better-together/

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards