Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

FFF

Re: FFF

• Options
    angelsong21angelsong21 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmm, I definitely missed whatever drama happened on this board I guess.  Brianna, you do a great job as a mod on here.  You're quick to be on top of things, friendly, and you seem to genuinely care about this board being a good place for people to bring their thoughts and ideas.  Thanks! :)

The only thing I have to flame today is DFW drivers. I'm not sure if people just plug their ears and play on their phones during driving school but seriously, figure this $@^& out.  It's not rocket science.

Have a great Friday, ladies!
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-73?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:4aa34bde-0ead-4514-b02b-2f59abd306edPost:202cb4c9-11d3-4781-a79d-41411f77ea7d">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hmm, I definitely missed whatever drama happened on this board I guess.  Brianna, you do a great job as a mod on here.  You're quick to be on top of things, friendly, and you seem to genuinely care about this board being a good place for people to bring their thoughts and ideas.  Thanks! :) The only thing I have to flame today is DFW drivers. I'm not sure if people just plug their ears and play on their phones during driving school but seriously, figure this $@^& out.  It's not rocket science. Have a great Friday, ladies!
    Posted by angelsong21[/QUOTE]

You're too sweet.. thank you!  :)

And YES!! DFW drivers are the worst.  Don't even get me started on the Grapevine construction...
  • Options
    winechic25winechic25 member
    edited December 2011
    Brianna...I SECOND the construction all over Grapevine and Southlake, driving me insane!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Not gonna lie, I side-eye girls who get married really young, but it's mostly because I grew up where you were an old maid if you weren't married with a kid by age 20.  My facebook feed used to be full of divorce drama from people with whom I went to high school (just had to block them, eventually).  I try to look at everyone objectively, because for every girl who married the first 17-year-old who told her he loved her, there's another one who is in a happy, healthy marriage that started around the same time.  I just can't help myself, sometimes.

That said, no one should ever feel guilty for getting married, regardless of age.  If you are emotionally (and financially) ready for that committment, then do it!  I think it's a sad statement that people have such a negative outlook on marriage.

I have no real flames, except for this kid who asked if he could go to the bathroom, was told, "No," and then got up and left anyway, then tried to convince me that I told him, "Yes."  No way, kiddo. 
    Anniversary

• Options
    bigbabyfacebigbabyface member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-73?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:4aa34bde-0ead-4514-b02b-2f59abd306edPost:81d6a700-93a3-4c63-86b6-78728dbe2600">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Not gonna lie, I side-eye girls who get married really young, but it's mostly because I grew up where you were an old maid if you weren't married with a kid by age 20.  My facebook feed used to be full of divorce drama from people with whom I went to high school (just had to block them, eventually).  I try to look at everyone objectively, because for every girl who married the first 17-year-old who told her he loved her, there's another one who is in a happy, healthy marriage that started around the same time.  I just can't help myself, sometimes. That said, no one should ever feel guilty for getting married, regardless of age.  If you are emotionally (and financially) ready for that committment, then do it!  I think it's a sad statement that people have such a negative outlook on marriage. <strong>I have no real flames, except for this kid who asked if he could go to the bathroom, was told, "No," and then got up and left anyway, then tried to convince me that I told him, "Yes."  No way, kiddo. 
    </strong>Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]

i dont side-eye girls who get married young (obviously because i'm doing it) but i will admit i do side-eye girls who get married for the wrong reasons....just because you went out on 3 dates, slept together once and are having a baby...does not mean you need to get married. and i frown on the fact that in todays society a guy is pressured into this thought process.

as for your bathroom kiddo....that made me laugh :)
  • Options
    laurencstelaurencste member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-73?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:4aa34bde-0ead-4514-b02b-2f59abd306edPost:4b53eb42-8cdf-4b69-8b61-a73b85907eb7">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : Esp. since it is your FSIL. my heart goes out to you :( (sending good vibes!)
    Posted by aeliza06[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the solidary, all you ladies, and for letting me vent a little bit.  I feel much better!
  • Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-73?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:4aa34bde-0ead-4514-b02b-2f59abd306edPost:81d6a700-93a3-4c63-86b6-78728dbe2600">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Not gonna lie, I side-eye girls who get married really young, but it's mostly because I grew up where you were an old maid if you weren't married with a kid by age 20.  My facebook feed used to be full of divorce drama from people with whom I went to high school (just had to block them, eventually).  I try to look at everyone objectively, because for every girl who married the first 17-year-old who told her he loved her, there's another one who is in a happy, healthy marriage that started around the same time.  I just can't help myself, sometimes. That said, no one should ever feel guilty for getting married, regardless of age.  If you are emotionally (and financially) ready for that committment, then do it!  I think it's a sad statement that people have such a negative outlook on marriage. I have no real flames, except for this kid who asked if he could go to the bathroom, was told, "No," and then got up and left anyway, then tried to convince me that I told him, "Yes."  No way, kiddo. 
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]

At least he didn't whip it out and pee in the sink in your room when you told him no.

In the same vein, I know that I was judged by strangers when they would find out I wasn't married.  Like, "Oh, you're 30 and not married?" 
  • Options
    aeliza06aeliza06 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-73?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:4aa34bde-0ead-4514-b02b-2f59abd306edPost:0fb425d8-8334-4d8e-87f2-c1c263913947">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : You're too sweet.. thank you!  :) And YES!! DFW drivers are the worst.  Don't even get me started on the Grapevine construction...
    Posted by bsn1752[/QUOTE]
    <span style="color:#000000;font-family:'Times New Roman';line-height:normal;font-size:medium;" class="Apple-style-span"><div style="font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:10pt;background-color:#ffffff;padding:8px;">omg (personal vent) Just had to drive through this right now.. and drove through it last night. TAKES FOREVER. NO MATTER WHEN. and it's so confusing (coming from someone who drives through it every day). good flame. </div></span>
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-73?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:4aa34bde-0ead-4514-b02b-2f59abd306edPost:87f0e38c-6c9b-484a-90ed-b4cb7c1b4897">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : At least he didn't whip it out and pee in the sink in your room when you told him no. In the same vein, <strong>I know that I was judged by strangers when they would find out I wasn't married.  Like, "Oh, you're 30 and not married?" 
    </strong>Posted by juliebug1997[/QUOTE]

THIS!

no matter what age....i think we'll always be judged....and we will always judge.

it just sucks when people take it too far to try and ruin what good thing you have going for yourself.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-73?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:4aa34bde-0ead-4514-b02b-2f59abd306edPost:87f0e38c-6c9b-484a-90ed-b4cb7c1b4897">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : At least he didn't whip it out and pee in the sink in your room when you told him no. In the same vein, I know that I was judged by strangers when they would find out I wasn't married.  Like, "Oh, you're 30 and not married?" 
    Posted by juliebug1997[/QUOTE]

I did hear a story at my old school about a kid who was in ISS because, upon being told he could not leave to use the restroom, he stood up and peed himself.
    Anniversary

• Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-73?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:4aa34bde-0ead-4514-b02b-2f59abd306edPost:9dcb35cd-df67-4d44-aaa4-a6e2ef03cab0">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : I did hear a story at my old school about a kid who was in ISS because, upon being told he could not leave to use the restroom, he stood up and peed himself.

i had a kid do that to me. He stabbed one of my other students in the face with a mechanical pencil, when i told him to sit on the chair so i could call his mother he peed on it....

then when i took him to the restroom to get changed into some clothes....he went number 2....and then spread it ALL over the stalls, walls, and mirrors....

*sigh*

worst.day.ever
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-73?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:4aa34bde-0ead-4514-b02b-2f59abd306edPost:6288349c-6184-4c7e-a92a-981bd6e132bf">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : i had a kid do that to me. He stabbed one of my other students in the face with a mechanical pencil, when i told him to sit on the chair so i could call his mother he peed on it.... then when i took him to the restroom to get changed into some clothes....he went number 2....and then spread it ALL over the stalls, walls, and mirrors.... *sigh* worst.day.ever
    Posted by bigbabyface[/QUOTE]

Wow, what age?  My story is from HS.
    Anniversary

• Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-73?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:4aa34bde-0ead-4514-b02b-2f59abd306edPost:9a06bd58-1ad5-4f11-ba77-df69febf5b26">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : Wow, what age?  My story is from HS.

student stabbed was 8, student doing the stabbing and "painting" was 6 1/2
  • Options
    angelsong21angelsong21 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-73?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:4aa34bde-0ead-4514-b02b-2f59abd306edPost:6288349c-6184-4c7e-a92a-981bd6e132bf">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : i had a kid do that to me. He stabbed one of my other students in the face with a mechanical pencil, when i told him to sit on the chair so i could call his mother he peed on it.... then when i took him to the restroom to get changed into some clothes....he went number 2....and then spread it ALL over the stalls, walls, and mirrors.... *sigh* worst.day.ever
    Posted by bigbabyface[/QUOTE]

See, who needs birth control when you can hear stories of fabulous children like this?

I'm secretly afraid that if I have a kid, it will be a little hellion like this.  I heard a caller on the radio one morning when they were having people call in if they thought they had the worst child ever.  I'm not sure if the person was making it up or not, but said they would find butcher knives and stuff hidden in their small child's closet and that the child was pretty violent with the parents.  ?!?!?!  What are you supposed to do with that?!  You're stuck with that for 18+ years... because I'm pretty sure they don't let you drop off kids like this at the fire station with no questions asked LOL.
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    crash2729crash2729 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-73?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:4aa34bde-0ead-4514-b02b-2f59abd306edPost:c4214ae5-8cd1-458a-8d07-061ed1b30f6b">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF .  I<strong>t just keep drumming back up somehow!</strong>
    Posted by bsn1752[/QUOTE]

Because it never goes away! *Twilight Zone music*
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-73?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:4aa34bde-0ead-4514-b02b-2f59abd306edPost:3fc61e3b-b823-423e-be2a-18a799f910ad">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : See, who needs birth control when you can hear stories of fabulous children like this? I'm secretly afraid that if I have a kid, it will be a little hellion like this.  I heard a caller on the radio one morning when they were having people call in if they thought they had the worst child ever.  I'm not sure if the person was making it up or not, but said they would find butcher knives and stuff hidden in their small child's closet and that the child was pretty violent with the parents.  ?!?!?!  What are you supposed to do with that?!  You're stuck with that for 18+ years... because I'm pretty sure they don't let you drop off kids like this at the fire station with no questions asked LOL.
    Posted by angelsong21[/QUOTE]

HA! I have plenty of stories like this....and you're right! It's great birth control :)

That child on the radio sounds horrid. he may have a screw loose.

and after working in the school system, i'm a firm believer that no kid can not be trained/taught to be a decent human being....you just have to find the right teaching tool.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-73?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:4aa34bde-0ead-4514-b02b-2f59abd306edPost:9dcb35cd-df67-4d44-aaa4-a6e2ef03cab0">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : I did hear a story at my old school about a kid who was in ISS because, upon being told he could not leave to use the restroom, he stood up and peed himself.

This kid had disappeared for an hour at a time when my friend would let him go to the restroom so she wouldn't let him go any more.  So he did go to the bathroom in one of her sinks (science classroom) and was promptly put in alternative school.

Several years ago, some of our more energetic boys smeared their pooh all over bathroom walls at one of the middle schools.  In an effort to try and top that, some of the girls took used tampons and did the same thing.  Sick, sick kids.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : At least he didn't whip it out and pee in the sink in your room when you told him no. In the same vein, I know that I was judged by strangers when they would find out I wasn't married.  Like, "Oh, you're 30 and not married?" 
    Posted by juliebug1997[/QUOTE]

When I started working at this job I was 24 and people couldn't believe I didn't have a kid. I said I wasn't married so of course I didn't have a kid and that seemed like a foriegn concept to them.

I'm glad I didn't do teaching... I don't know if I could handle any of that! Really who wants to touch their own poop like that?
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    completely agreed.....its disgusting :/
  • Options
    MLandCJMLandCJ member
    edited December 2011
    I flame a "friend" (this it not TK related). Seriously...bringing stuff up that happened 10 years ago casually in a conversation is BS. It didn't have to do anything with us. This was between our husbands... not us. Drop it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't get starting drama over kids attending a wedding.  I'm shocked at how many people I see posting on TK as though having a single kid at her wedding will ruin her day.
    Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-73?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:4aa34bde-0ead-4514-b02b-2f59abd306edPost:ee9b1ce4-c707-4a4c-a2f1-a0d00ca0a453">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't get starting drama over kids attending a wedding.  I'm shocked at how many people I see posting on TK as though having a single kid at her wedding will ruin her day.

THIS! Or an extra uninvited family member. It's really not going to be that big of a deal in the end.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-73?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:4aa34bde-0ead-4514-b02b-2f59abd306edPost:6fa3f8f9-f60b-490b-aba8-15dc6c3b9176">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]My flame today is FI's family. They are all making a big deal about him not inviting his aunt(who he isn't close to).  I'm sorry but "that's my daughter/sister" doesn't mean anything to us. That's who they are to YOU, not him. If all the people who have a problem with it really boycott the wedding like they say they are, then we'll just have more room for the friends we are close to but aren't able to invite.
    Posted by shayNnik[/QUOTE]

And our aunts would be invited regardless of if they're close to us. (Biological of course, not married in but now divorced, etc). I would rather die than hurt his mom's feelings.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-73?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:4aa34bde-0ead-4514-b02b-2f59abd306edPost:3b72a857-0426-4a29-83c2-85e70c0287fc">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I flame people who call for prices and don't know their company name. It drives me up the wall. How do you not know who you work for?
    Posted by crash2729[/QUOTE]

Competition that is scouting out your prices. What business are you in?
    Click Here for Bio Image and video hosting by TinyPic Married June 12, 2010!
  • Options
    shayNnikshayNnik member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-73?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:4aa34bde-0ead-4514-b02b-2f59abd306edPost:fe27f231-3c50-420d-8fcf-9b78d7bcfa47">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : And our aunts would be invited regardless of if they're close to us. (Biological of course, not married in but now divorced, etc). I would rather die than hurt his mom's feelings.
    Posted by TexanTreasure08[/QUOTE]

I completely disagree. I haven't lived back home for over 7 years. There are aunts in my family I am not inviting. People that don't make it a point to stay in touch, and don't respond when I try to, and I haven't seen them in almost 3 years. When you only see people at Christmas and even then you don't have one private conversation between the two of you, why should that person be invited? Just because their family is not a valid reason for me.

Between FI and I, if we invite every aunt/uncle (including spouse and kids that live at home) our guest list goes from our set number of 75 to nearly 130. That means I have to find a bigger venue, and budget for more tables, decorations, linens, food, etc all for what-people who we're not even close to? The day is supposed to be about us, and we want the people that are closest to us to be there to share it.

I'll step off my soap box now, sorry for the vent ladies. Oh and I'm not concerned that it's hurting FMIL's feelings, she's one of my best friends so we have a different type of relationship than most. I've told her my stand on it and that I'm not going to get in the middle of it or try to change FI's mind about who he should invite.
    imageimage
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    MUST HAVES: Clothes, Groom
    WISHES: Wedding planner(check!), Honeymoon, Blue Petyl Bouquet
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-73?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:4aa34bde-0ead-4514-b02b-2f59abd306edPost:ae4da455-1014-4dd6-a218-cca8a8d14ba3">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : I completely disagree. I haven't lived back home for over 7 years. There are aunts in my family I am not inviting. People that don't make it a point to stay in touch, and don't respond when I try to, and I haven't seen them in almost 3 years. When you only see people at Christmas and even then you don't have one private conversation between the two of you, why should that person be invited? Just because their family is not a valid reason for me. Between FI and I, if we invite every aunt/uncle (including spouse and kids that live at home) our guest list goes from our set number of 75 to nearly 130. That means I have to find a bigger venue, and budget for more tables, decorations, linens, food, etc all for what-people who we're not even close to?<strong> The day is supposed to be about us</strong>, and we want the people that are closest to us to be there to share it. I'll step off my soap box now, sorry for the vent ladies. Oh and I'm not concerned that it's hurting FMIL's feelings, she's one of my best friends so we have a different type of relationship than most. I've told her my stand on it and that I'm not going to get in the middle of it or try to change FI's mind about who he should invite.
    Posted by shayNnik[/QUOTE]

I disagree. It's not just about you two. You are joining two families together, it is about them too.
    I'm best friends with my FMIL too, that's why I wouldn't want to hurt her feelings. If she doesn't care that's fine, but you made it sound like she did care.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-73?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:4aa34bde-0ead-4514-b02b-2f59abd306edPost:fb3c3bd5-1435-4e78-980e-be2e8f76ae9b">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I flame a "friend" (this it not TK related). Seriously...bringing stuff up that happened 10 years ago casually in a conversation is BS. It didn't have to do anything with us. This was between our husbands... not us. Drop it.
    Posted by MLandCJ[/QUOTE]

The last time I saw one of my dad's brother's, he was bringing up stuff from 1969/70.  Some people are just like that.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-73?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:4aa34bde-0ead-4514-b02b-2f59abd306edPost:2e63f5d3-aeae-4e26-bd8a-7e2913fcf214">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : I disagree. It's not just about you two. You are joining two families together, it is about them too. I'm best friends with my FMIL too, that's why I wouldn't want to hurt her feelings. If she doesn't care that's fine, but you made it sound like she did care.
    Posted by TexanTreasure08[/QUOTE]

I do think family dynamic plays a part in some things.  In trying to get into my ILs good graces, we went ahead and extended invitations to some friends of theirs that Bill has never met and had maybe one class with one of their kids in HS.  He couldn't even tell me how to spell their last name (Meyer?  Maher?  Myer?).  I also didn't invite an uncle who only caused drama when he was around and, to be honest, my mom and dad didn't want him at the wedding bringing up stuff that he's never let go of. 

Now, kids, I don't get the drama over that either.  We had some kids at our wedding and it was a lot of fun for them and us. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well, I think the guest list issue is a tricky one. Technically I went against our families' wishes, because their guest wish lists totalled hundreds of people. H and I had a small budget to work with and I couldn't make those numbers work, so we just gave each set of parents 1/3 of our venue's capacity to invite. They still weren't happy but I thought it was a fair compromise and that we really did try.

I insisted we invite children because I really wanted some of my young cousins to be able to attend, and they actually gave me some of the sweetest memories of the day. I paid for my young cousin to get my hair and makeup done with the bridesmaids (one was her mom) and I loved watching her react! And two of H's cousins who were barely older than toddlers just kept running up to me all night ... one would hug me (around the knees) and the other would just stand there looking at me in awe. Well, at my big fluffy dress really, but it was really sweet.
  • Options
    btweety04btweety04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think each wedding is very different in terms of guestlists and really it is hard for someone to judge. Some weddings are just not an appropriate place to bring children, especially very small children. And I also think for a guest just to assume their children are invited, can also be a little rude sometimes as well. The bride and groom throwing the wedding put a lot of time, effort, and money into it and may not be able to afford additional people not originally invited. It can be a big added stress to make special accomodations for children at the last minute.

I also agree with PP that it is about the bride and groom. Yes, family and friends are there to share the moment with you, but the spotlight is on the couple joining their lives together. As it should be.

Hopefully that didn't come off as too harsh, just trying to deliver another viewpoint.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards