Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Mother/Son Dance acoustic song search

Hello all, I am having troubles finding a good acoustic rock song for my mother and I to dance to. I would love to find a Foo Fighters acoustic song but I keep having problems justifying the lyrics in the songs. So far here is what I have come up with in order:
Foo Fighters- Home
Foo Fighters- Times Like These(acoustic)
Eddie Vedder- Without You
Foo Fighters- Everlong(acousitc)
Oasis- Wonderwall

Any suggestions on like songs that match the occasion or reassurance that the lyrics don't have to match exactly. 

Re: Mother/Son Dance acoustic song search

• Sorry, I have no song suggestions for you.

I believe that songs that are attached to a memory of you and your mom would be more satisfying to the two of you than just a song with lovely words. Words don't matter... to an extent. I wouldn't suggest a song that talked about "bangin' in the bar bathroom" or anything. Honestly, as a guest, I would not remember what the song was 15 minutes after it happened unless it was crude. Maybe ask your mom to select a few songs and consider those.

My Dad and I will be dancing to Neil Young "Harvest Moon" because when I was in my single digit years he would put this vinyl on and we would dance in the living room to this song. FI and his Mom will be dancing to the Turtles because they were singing to it on the radio when they crossed the state boarder when they moved here and consider it "their" song.

We won't care what our guests think of our choices. They mean something to us and that is all that matters.

Good luck on your adventure!
  • 'times like these' might work well.
    a) i love that acoustic version
    b) it does have an undertone that would work as a mother/son "son wants to go off and be great on his own, but still wants to stay with mom" kind of message

like PP said, the guests will notice if the choice is completely innapropriate, but other than that -- they'll just think its sweet.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards