Registry and Gift Forum

Kohls registry

We registered at Kohls because we have never had a problem shopping there and they always have a good selection. But my shower is coming up and I've started to hear complaints from guests. Does anyone know about this: if a guest purchases an item online do they only have the option to ship the gift to us? We have guests who shopped online but would like to bring the gift to the shower. Also it seems Kohls has an issue with not updating the registry enough? According to our registry we are getting 2 kitchen aid mixers and 2 down comforters.

Re: Kohls registry

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_kohls-registry-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:c3da5cc6-6d28-4335-af71-b71aa0639da7Post:e08da7d8-3967-4a0a-a1b6-470360ff7824">Kohls registry</a>:
    [QUOTE]We registered at Kohls because we have never had a problem shopping there and they always have a good selection. But my shower is coming up and I've started to hear complaints from guests. Does anyone know about this: if a guest purchases an item online do they only have the option to ship the gift to us? We have guests who shopped online but would like to bring the gift to the shower. Also it seems Kohls has an issue with not updating the registry enough? According to our registry we are getting 2 kitchen aid mixers and 2 down comforters.
    Posted by kgreen1225[/QUOTE]

I had the shipping issue with my Kohls registry.  Most of my guests got ticked off and bought elsewhere.  I even tried to call customer service 3 times and got no where.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Fi's mom had the shipping issue but I haven't heard any other complaints and we didn't receive anything else in the mail yet so maybe people bought in store or figured it out? I have a few doubles on my registry but it could be that people just sopped at the same time or printed out the registry and went shopping a few days later and didn't check to see if it had changed. Both of these complaints seem pretty minor and the updating issue seems to be somethinG that happens with a lot of sites so its definitely not unique to Kohls.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • my mom just had the shipping issue with two gifts she just bought us, so she asked me to at least change the shipping address to her address for now (shower is being hosted by her friends back in my hometown) so she said if gifts get shipped she would contact the person and wrap them/bring them to the shower for them.  After the shower, I will change the shipping back to my address.

It however looked like it was updated quickly, but my mom did say when she went to the store by her house they didn't have paper in the machine so it couldn't print my registry.  My mom was so bummed becuase she wanted to go around the store and see the things we picked.  She had to go home and print our list, and then ended up buying two small things online but plans to go back to the store because she wants to still look in person.

Anniversary
  • I just purchased shower gifts for my fdil it gave the option to ship to their provided address or select a different one and as soon as I purchased the items it showed on their registry they had been purchased. No problem at all. I received the items within 5 days..
  • I work at Kohl's and unfortunately right now there is not an option to have the gifts shipped to the purchasers, and it has to be shipped to the bride and groom. I know it's a huge issue and unfortunate because we're registered there also. I have noticed a bunch of gifts have been purchased off our registry, but I'm assuming that's because they shopped in the store and the items bought weren't web exclusive stuff. 

I have also had issues with double purchases and not sure what the deal is with that. That could definitely be a glitch, or someone who did buy two. I guess I wouldn't worry about that until you receive the gift and if you get a double, just take it back to the store for an exchange.

The final issue I have had is things that I noticed were purchased for weeks, and all of a sudden they were inactive and completely taken off the registry. I spoke with customer service and they were able to put them back on the registry.

I would just keep an eye out on it -- I know it's technically considered bad to snoop, but in this instance I would just make sure everything looks the way you want it to.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_kohls-registry-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:c3da5cc6-6d28-4335-af71-b71aa0639da7Post:d5f69781-2f7d-40ff-bb42-4c771ffbb45e">Re: Kohls registry</a>:
    [QUOTE]I work at Kohl's and unfortunately right now there is not an option to have the gifts shipped to the purchasers, and it has to be shipped to the bride and groom. I know it's a huge issue and unfortunate because we're registered there also. I have noticed a bunch of gifts have been purchased off our registry, but I'm assuming that's because they shopped in the store and the items bought weren't web exclusive stuff.  I have also had issues with double purchases and not sure what the deal is with that. That could definitely be a glitch, or someone who did buy two. I guess I wouldn't worry about that until you receive the gift and if you get a double, just take it back to the store for an exchange. The final issue I have had is things that I noticed were purchased for weeks, and all of a sudden they were inactive and completely taken off the registry. I spoke with customer service and they were able to put them back on the registry. I would just keep an eye out on it -- I know it's technically considered bad to snoop, but in this instance I would just make sure everything looks the way you want it to.
    Posted by xoEmilyRose[/QUOTE]

I have been having a ton of issues with the Kohl's registry.  The worst part about not being able to ship to anyone other than the couple is that it acts like you can. When you check out, there is an option to "Ship to Billing Address."  My FMIL checked this box AND called Kohls to make sure the gift would be sent to her elderly mother's home... but I received the gift-wrapped shower presents today.  To make matters worse, I live in a different state and will be flying to the bridal shower... so I can't even bring the gifts and unwrap them in front of my new grandmother.  Thanks for nothing, Kohls.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards