Second Weddings

Hi... Going Crazy!!!

This is his first wedding, my second. He is more excited than I am. He wants to make sure I have a great time. Make it my day, my first wedding was so fast I dont even remember it.. Barely Justice of the peace.. blah blah blah. We met 20 years ago lost touch reunited two years ago. He believes God has a  bigger plan for us, he tells me every day he falls in love with me all over again. I love this man, He asked for my hand in marriage(yes he went there, asked my parents).

I am not use to a man loving me the way he does. God has truly blessed me and I can not wait to marry him.

Re: Hi... Going Crazy!!!

• AdelphiTNAdelphiTN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!! You'll grow to love being treated well. :)

Many of us were young and foolish the first time around. It's great to be older and wiser, eh? well... wiser at least. :)
  • edited December 2011
    I am 38 yrs young and I am asking him why do you love me so much. I often question after all this time God has sent him back into my life. My first marriage lasted as lon as it did.

I dont even know how to plan for a wedding, where to start. I get overwhelmed, I start to cry. i dont know what colors to pick.

I feel so lost.
  • edited December 2011
    Just take a deep breath and enjoy being engaged for one thing :) Just take it one day at a time and figure out just some of the basic stuff first, like date and size of wedding or theme. Get some magazines or peruse these sites for stuff that catches your eye and maybe just start making a notebook with all those things in it and it will come together, slowly but surely. I hate that people get so stressed about this stuff. It's just one day, a matter of hours really. Think about the marriage afterwards and how happy a life you can have now.
  • edited December 2011
    I agree.  Take a breath.  Start with a budget, then think about the guests you would like to have.  Then maybe a venue, and etc.  It will all roll from there.

Good luck, and congrats.  Post questions here anytime!
  • LesPaulLesPaul member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi!  Congratulations!
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Let me tell you a little secret:  you don't have to pick colors for a wedding, any more than you do for any other kind of party.  Just work out what space that fits into your budget you like, then think about what (if any) decorations you'd like to have in it.  If the space is already gorgeous, maybe you need no decorations at all.  If it's not, think about what would spruce it up.  This may or may not result in your discovering that a lot of things are in the same--or a similar range--of colors.  However, if it doesn't, don't worry about it--we won't tell!
  • edited December 2011
    But shhhh, it's a secret!  : )
  • elizabethm4elizabethm4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree, start with budget, then location and the rest will flow from there!
  • edited December 2011
    bklyn..congrats and welcome!!!
    Don't worry there are plenty of resources on the internet to help you.
    I have loved using weddingwire.com. They have an extensive checklist to follow.
    From the day you get engaged, until the wedding day they have all of your to do listed month by month. I just follow the list and do things month by month.
    I love all the tools. Familiarize yourself with it the planning site and when you get to the end of the planning you will see how all the tools work together and are interactive.  I love the guestlist tool and seating tool.
    Planning a wedding can be a very scary daunting task for anyone.
    Just start with a good planning site, and don't worry about the small stuff. Don't worry about color scheme, that will depend on your season, and venue.
    There is plenty of help out there for color scheme. You don't even have to have one as the pp stated!!!!!
    Best of luck to you and congrats on finding your prince.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks guys... You have no idea how this is driving me nuts. If it were up to me I would just go to Vegas on Vacation and get married there, then go to Puerto Rico where I was born and honeymoon there. But no my lovely husband to be wants a wedding. He wants to thank my parents for having me. Gotta love him.

I think I have  been watching too much of the wedding channel that is the reason why I am stressed out.

Budget????????? dont even know where to begin.

Maggie
  • MikesAngieMikesAngie member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Breathe!! Enjoy being engaged and loved by a man who wants to have some romantic wonderful memories of  the day you become husband and wife.  How lucky for you!! 

Budget; here's how we set ours, we decided that the rings were our individual costs (he paid for mine, I paid for his and his daughter's).  The actual ceremony, the cothes,flowers etc we are sharing the costs.  We set our budget based on what we each could comfortably create our wedding account with and if there is anything left over that will go toward our honeymoon.  So the game is to come in under budget which I'm hoping to do with the DIY projects that we have and keeping my dress costs down.

Your venue will want a date and rough guest count so that can tell you if they can accommodate you. Your colors can either be a combination of your favorite colors. or your venue may have some lovely colors that you may want to incorporate.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Angie.... I am slowly taking a breath. So far I am looking at the I love the color Sage.. He wants to honeymoon in Puerto Rico. I love Callalillies.... so does he. The rings will be our costs. My parents will pay for the open bar, the flowers well my sisters will be paying for that. We already have a Dj, the best man his best friend knows people. It's the marriage that counts not the big whoopla of the wedding.  I want to be able to taste my wedding cake and enjoy it.

the food will be a combo of our heritage.. Me being from puertorican and hm being from the caribbean as well. 

He wants to right his own vows which leaves me thinking should I write mine.
    You guys are great.. thanks for keeping me sane.
  • edited December 2011
    Hello beautiful ladies.. Hope you are all well.  As for me well still going stir crazy I think.  So far we have written down what we would like.... an outside wedding with an alternative if it rains.  I have a dress in mind but have not gone out to go  try it on or go for any dress fittings at the urgings of my lovely fiance.  So far we have flowers picked out.  He has written his vows and has revised them I can tell you countless of times.

We picked out the colors to be Sage Green w/ silver ....  So far we have 150 people on our list and it will stop there. Our bridal party has 10 people in it.  Remember this is his first wedding my second.. do you understand now why I am so stressed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards