Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

SA Wednesday

13»

Re: SA Wednesday

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I totally have baby fever.  Its me moreso than my FI though.  Not that he doesn't want kids, but he doesnt have to deal with all the female hormones! :-p
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    To the DH/FI baby fever thing, DH doesn't have baby fever because we both know since I'm going back to school it will be a few years. But I'm NOWHERE near ready, emotionally or mentally. And I think if we had an "accident" right now he would be way more ok with it than I would be. I'm half afraid when I get done with nursing school and get a job, he will be ready for them and I still won't. Not at the rate I'm going now, anyway. So, I understand how y'all feel completely.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Man, I've never seen ANYTHING scenic in Denton... indoors or outdoors!   I guess you have to get off the highway for that sort of thing, though.
  • Options
    BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-18?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:e5eb67a3-739e-424a-b369-2c30de17af0fPost:c0845b1c-c988-426e-bfb1-383d8720c97f">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Man, I've never seen ANYTHING scenic in Denton... indoors or outdoors!   I guess you have to get off the highway for that sort of thing, though.
    Posted by Tiffany618[/QUOTE]
    Ha! Yes, you do. And saying *many* may have been exaggerating. The square is really pretty with the courthouse, and the TWU campus is beautiful.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had my engagement pictures done in Denton.  We did some at TWU and some downtown in the square.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-18?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:e5eb67a3-739e-424a-b369-2c30de17af0fPost:78b71b2e-41a5-4cf1-b0c1-6c234ebb7914">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]such as elephants tromping through the woods.
    Posted by angieandjames[/QUOTE]

LOL
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-18?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:e5eb67a3-739e-424a-b369-2c30de17af0fPost:78b71b2e-41a5-4cf1-b0c1-6c234ebb7914">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]It means a beautiful indoor location with lovely outdoor murals painted on the walls, such as <strong>elephants</strong> tromping through the woods.

That made me smile
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-18?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:e5eb67a3-739e-424a-b369-2c30de17af0fPost:32ac1fba-fa05-448a-903d-965ac4f56da1">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Geez, so many of us hate our jobs... I wonder if there are real people out there who love their jobs and get paid well.  I'm pretty sure there aren't, that it's just a myth.

I would say 95% of the time I do.  I work with great people and we truly make a difference in our patients lives so even if I have a not so fabulous day its all better when I put it into perspective.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ohh babies... I can hardly wait... FI is ready too, but I don't want them before we get married. So as soon as the wedding is over will be praying I get pregnant... I will be 36....

I really like my job although is not the greatest pay.... what I like the most is seeing patients and interacting with people. But in days like today where I am in front of a computer with boring forms to fill out.. not so much...Oh and specially when my brain is already on vacation mode!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-18?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:e5eb67a3-739e-424a-b369-2c30de17af0fPost:32ac1fba-fa05-448a-903d-965ac4f56da1">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Geez, so many of us hate our jobs... I wonder if there are real people out there who love their jobs and get paid well.  I'm pretty sure there aren't, that it's just a myth.
    Posted by angieandjames[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>THIS right here, is exactly why I am going back to school. My degree got me into a career I hate, and that I refuse to do for the rest of my life. </div><div>
    </div><div>I know several people who actually make decent money and enjoy their jobs. Most of them don't work "desk jobs" though, most are teachers, or nurses, or do something in the public service industry. 

</div>
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love my job and the people I work for and with.  I am lucky.

MIL was telling my mom and sister on Thanksgiving that they need to talk us into having a baby.  I thought we had made it clear it wasn't going to happen but I guess she hasn't given up quite yet.  She needs to.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love my job, I make decent money and I have a 'desk job'.  Yep.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-18?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:e5eb67a3-739e-424a-b369-2c30de17af0fPost:440cad8f-d06a-4b1c-9e15-f17614cec53f">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love my job, I make decent money and I have a 'desk job'.  Yep.
    Posted by serlace[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Consider yourself lucky, Lacey! </div><div>
    </div><div>Most of the people at my old office hated their job. We would joke about it daily, actually.</div><div>
    </div><div> DH doesn't like his job, either. He is a financial analyst, much like I was doing. He wants to go back and get his masters when I get done with nursing school and go into sales. </div><div>
    </div><div> I think just like anything else, there is a career out there that matches everyone's personality. You just have to find the right match. 

</div>
  • Options
    courtski2004courtski2004 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Job hate meter: 0%. Love it.
    Job frustration meter: 75% frustrated, 100% of the time. Unfortunately, it is the people that I work with that cause me to scream FML each day as I climb in my car to go home. I never realized until I gained a management position how whiny, unmotivated and ridiculous some adults are.There should be a checklist that some people should have to go through before they can open their mouth to ask a question. The answer is usually more obvious than you think, but thanks for wasting my time. Ugh.
  • Options
    BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-18?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:e5eb67a3-739e-424a-b369-2c30de17af0fPost:75646ed8-c354-4f9a-9e66-4488af991717">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: SA Wednesday : Consider yourself lucky, Lacey!  Most of the people at my old office hated their job. We would joke about it daily, actually.  DH doesn't like his job, either. He is a financial analyst, much like I was doing. He wants to go back and get his masters when I get done with nursing school and go into sales.  <strong> I think just like anything else, there is a career out there that matches everyone's personality. You just have to find the right match.</strong> 
    Posted by NMac2010[/QUOTE]
    Yes. It seems like so many people want to go into teaching to be "fulfilled," and many are. But I hated it. In fact, the semester that I was student teaching, I was drunk more often than any other period in my life. Librarianship, on the other hand, is perfect for me. If only someone would give me full-time work doing it. :/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-18?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:e5eb67a3-739e-424a-b369-2c30de17af0fPost:b5cae972-1574-4ac6-966b-092a220a9774">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: SA Wednesday : Yes. It seems like so many people want to go into teaching to be "fulfilled," and many are. But I hated it. In fact, the semester that I was student teaching, I was drunk more often than any other period in my life. Librarianship, on the other hand, is perfect for me. If only someone would give me full-time work doing it. :/
    Posted by BanannaP[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Hahaha...that's funny. I also know several teachers who hate teaching and thought they would love it. Actually, I know more that hate it, than that love it. But the ones who love it, really have a passion for it. The ones that hate it, knew very quickly they hated it and now they're miserable. SO many people go into teaching thinking "Oh, I love kids, I want to teach" and it's really not that simple. It's something you really have to have a passion for.

</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Bananna- Have you seen the job posting for the Woman's Collection at TWU?  It's not music but it's a library!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-18?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:e5eb67a3-739e-424a-b369-2c30de17af0fPost:514bb005-9a3f-4aa8-8a7b-e3383783f5d2">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: SA Wednesday : Ha! Yes, you do. And saying *many* may have been exaggerating. The square is really pretty with the courthouse, and the TWU campus is beautiful.  Posted by BanannaP[/QUOTE]

The library mall (is that what it's called?) at UNT is cooler than ever.  There is a bunch of rock work and water features.
  • Options
    BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, I agree! When I first started at UNT, it was just the fountain and nothing else. It's actually very pretty now.

And yes, I have seen the position at TWU, and I so wish I could apply for it, as Courts and I both really love Denton and would be delighted to move back. However, I don't have enough special collections experience, unfortunately. It's a pretty specialized position, and not in my area :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards