Wedding Party
Options

Highly Disagree with Bridesmaids Duties

124»

Re: Highly Disagree with Bridesmaids Duties

• Options
    Jalara, I'm the MOD here and sometimes emotions are going to be part of posting.  Many of the ladies here ARE speaking with respect.  This is a fun place to go but it's the internet.  Blunt honesty is going to be part of the deal.

Also, keep in mind that posts like yours are actually not all that respectful. 
  • Options
    [QUOTE]I chose my girls because they are girls I can depend on, and that's what they are there for. 
    Posted by jalara48[/QUOTE]

<div>Uh, don't you mean "because they're my dearest friends?" What do you need people to depend on for....read Meg's post, jalara. Her best man probably won't attend her wedding....and it's in 2 days! You really need to lurk the boards to know that the only people you need to be depending on are you, your FI, and anyone you're paying to be there.</div>
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_highly-disagree-bridesmaids-duties?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:4d5d7b12-dae1-4124-a776-67242ea80102Post:3608c5a2-2fd4-46a7-8aea-f63780ee0cff">Re: Highly Disagree with Bridesmaids Duties</a>:
    [QUOTE] Ladies: this is a place for us to band together and help each other out. It is a place to show respect, excitement, and nervousness.
    Posted by jalara48[/QUOTE]

I honestly can't remember who from P&E I'm quoting with this, but it is oh so appropriate:

"I don't need to 'stick together' with any of you. We're not at war, we're planning unnecessary parties".

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    *butts in to show off sig quote*

*butts out again*
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    Oh Aerin, you rock! I knew it was in somebody's siggy that I regularly see!

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    If your bridesmaids offer to help or ask about the wedding then great.  But don't have expectations for them! 
  • Options
    Right, so I just saw this.

I have awesome friends who were amazing BMs.  They pitched in when asked and planned awesome parties.  Know why?  Because I didn't foist hundreds of stupid jobs on them.  Treat your friends well and they'll treat you well.  

I feel sorry for people like you.  You'll have a day that will have one thing go wrong (like everyone does) and have a meltdown.  Your friends who you've driven away with crazy demands won't be there to help you.  And after the wedding you'l feel empty.  I feel very sorry for you.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    Oh, and the wedding is so not the most important day of your life.  It's a start to a new life with a new partner.  The marriage is important, not the wedding.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards