Wedding Party
Options

"Honorary Bridesmaid" Is it really THAT bad??

124»

Re: "Honorary Bridesmaid" Is it really THAT bad??

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_honorary-bridesmaid-is-it-really-that-bad?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:ead6e2a0-f2c4-4d50-9d93-f5ebc76e0d83Post:38114381-5462-4a1b-9f60-77e160830494">Re: "Honorary Bridesmaid" Is it really THAT bad??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm shocked and sad that no one read my comments of "Great idea!" "Good point!". I haven't thrown any sort of tantrum, or returned any kind of animosity . . . I was simply trying to get a reaction on the term honorary bridesmaid. Which I've gotten, and them some. The comments suggesting readers, and standing on my FI's side, and being involved with no title have been very helpful! And I've expressed gratitude and well wishing to everyone. I'm excited to bring these ideas up to my FSILs. But the assumptions that I'm not going to pay for the flowers my FSIL is doing? That I'm selfish for trying to come up with alternative ideas of how to have these 9 important girls with me? That I need to give a friend a title in my weeding so she'll wipe me in the restroom?? That I will be twitching over how much jewelry I'm wearing? All harsh assumptions. I came here to get peoples reactions, which I did. I wish it could have stopped there before all of the teasing and insults started flying my way. I will, again, thank you all that have taken the time to share you opinion and tried to help me. We've decided to have his sisters stand up with him, and my 2 girls with me.  And, again, I wish you all the best.
    Posted by MelissaJasonWedding13[/QUOTE]
    Hey, you and I have been having a pretty good dialogue, for the most part.

I really hope I helped you at least a little or at least gave you some food for thought. Or is it thought for food?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_honorary-bridesmaid-is-it-really-that-bad?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:ead6e2a0-f2c4-4d50-9d93-f5ebc76e0d83Post:96e9edb9-7c3e-4086-9202-31c95a34cad9">"Honorary Bridesmaid" Is it really THAT bad??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Problem Solved. We've decided to have my FI's sister's stand up on his side and my other 2 girls with me. Good luck to you all. I truly hope you get the wedding you a dreaming of.
    Posted by MelissaJasonWedding13[/QUOTE]

Fantastic!  I'm glad you found a resolution that works for you!  Best of luck.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_honorary-bridesmaid-is-it-really-that-bad?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:ead6e2a0-f2c4-4d50-9d93-f5ebc76e0d83Post:38114381-5462-4a1b-9f60-77e160830494">Re: "Honorary Bridesmaid" Is it really THAT bad??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm shocked and sad that no one read my comments of "Great idea!" "Good point!". I haven't thrown any sort of tantrum, or returned any kind of animosity . . . I was simply trying to get a reaction on the term honorary bridesmaid. Which I've gotten, and them some. The comments suggesting readers, and standing on my FI's side, and being involved with no title have been very helpful! And I've expressed gratitude and well wishing to everyone. I'm excited to bring these ideas up to my FSILs. But the assumptions that I'm not going to pay for the flowers my FSIL is doing? That I'm selfish for trying to come up with alternative ideas of how to have these 9 important girls with me? That I need to give a friend a title in my weeding so she'll wipe me in the restroom?? That I will be twitching over how much jewelry I'm wearing? All harsh assumptions. I came here to get peoples reactions, which I did. I wish it could have stopped there before all of the teasing and insults started flying my way. I will, again, thank you all that have taken the time to share you opinion and tried to help me. <strong>We've decided to have his sisters stand up with him, and my 2 girls with me.  And, again, I wish you all the best.
    </strong>Posted by MelissaJasonWedding13[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear it, that is a great compromise!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    This is ridiculous.    Way to lose sight of the bigger picture.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards