June 2012 Weddings
Options

Therapy Thursday

What do you have to get off your chest?

Re: Therapy Thursday

• Options
    I wish my self-centered FSIL would GET OVER HERSELF. She is 28 and still lives at home with mommy and acts like a 3 year old.
    I am just ready to MOVE OUT!

First Look
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Haha I love the title.

Everything's NWR for me today...

The counselor I made an appointment with about my ADHD canceled on me because she can't take new patients.  She gave me two recommendations, which I looked at, and neither are ANYTHING related to what I'm looking for - one specializes in adolescents and grief counseling for crying out loud!  I feel like I'm back at freaking square 0, and I don't know what to do now.

In the meantime, I'm starting to realize just how awful and pervasive my focus problems are because I went delinquent on a couple of bills after telling myself every day, "Oh, I have to pay that!" at a time when I wasn't in a position to (e.g. driving, or in class), and it just completely left my mind and never came back.  I have a Dr's appointment next week but I don't want to see a doctor, I want to see someone to help me with coping skills and someone who will help me manage my meds if it comes to that.  UGH. 

I've also realized that I have to be in JUST the right mental position to be able to do any schoolwork.  THIS IS NOT WORKING.  I seriously just want to scream, and I spent a good portion of yesterday crying because I WANTED to get stuff done, I just COULDN'T.

*insert angry screaming here*
    Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
  • Options
    Seriously... why would you block youtube and pandora at work. WTF! I am sooooo mad. I have to sit here all day with no music... just the sound of others typing and talking on the phone. I AM GOING TO GO INSANE!!!!!!!!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I really wish FMIL would stop being so difficult.

She's pretty much demanded that we invite FI's BIL's parents...despite the fact that these people cannot remember my name to save their lives. It's just so dumb.

THEN I found out that she told FI that 4 people that aren't invited to the wedding are being invited to the bridal shower she's throwing for me. I seriously was having a panic attack about it last night. I even offered that we just invite these people and FMIL declined!!! WTF, y'all!!!

Besides for the fact that she treats FI terribly and doesn't even realize it. They've come up to see us once in the past 9 months and then she guit trips FI about only coming down there once a month. Then when FI tried to talk to her about it, she has FSIL call FI to get mad at him about it. Luckily, his sister normally ends up taking his side. FMIL is the least warm-fuzzy person I've probably ever met and my family is all about some warm-fuzzies.
  • Options
    Not really a vent.

I am so excited to start my new job!  I am also really nervous.  I feel like my last job change (where I have been for the last year) was very lateral or even a step down.  This job feels like a big step up.  I just hope that I do a great job and they are completely happy with their decision to bring me on.  I know I shouldn't doubt myslef, but it is hard not to sometimes.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Kelsey- I am so sorry..... I cant believe she would think its ok to invite people to the shower and refuse to let you invite them to the wedding! What the heck!
  • Options
    Chelsea, can you use Pandora on your iphone?

FIs best man hates me, and I had no idea until Tuesday. Over the summer he and his very young girlfriend went to the Pocono's for their anniversary and stayed in one of those hotels with the heart shaped bed and martini glass hot tub. I made a comment about "don't get crabs!" which I of course thought was hysterical but apparently it really hurt their feelings. Nothing was ever mentioned to me that it was so hurtful, so I assumed everything was peachy.

Then, Tuesday he posted a picture of the recipt from their Valentine's dinner and about 20 people wrote "cheap tip!", so when I wrote "I agree its a cheap tip; Happy Valentine's Day Lovebirds!" I didn't expect him to flip out on me on the internet. I guess he's been waiting 6+ months to yell at me?

Idk, it all seems very high school, but I'm still upset that it happened. FI tried to fix things, but his best man is being a huge baby. Oh, and the comments to me were about strippers/hookers/drugs at the bachelor party; so even though I trust FI I'm not paranoid about what his BM will try to get him to do. And they were supposed to go to Montreal, so now I'm really not OK with them being out of the country.
    Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Tara- I was just thinking about doing that. Will it drain my battery? I am just so frustrated... I dont get why they would take away something like that but let me sit on TK haha!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_therapy-thursday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:0cd7e028-d4b3-4a85-98b7-ae2a24f111e2Post:fb656e97-877e-4c61-ad1c-d5e41a1feef9">Re: Therapy Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Tara- I was just thinking about doing that. Will it drain my battery? I am just so frustrated... I dont get why they would take away something like that but let me sit on TK haha!
    Posted by chelseakopperud[/QUOTE]

It will, but I keep a spare charger at work for that reason =)
    Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_therapy-thursday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:0cd7e028-d4b3-4a85-98b7-ae2a24f111e2Post:7928cc24-6fe3-47cb-b818-76984ee0a58a">Re: Therapy Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]They've come up to see us once in the past 9 months and then she guit trips FI about only coming down there once a month.[/QUOTE]Not that I want to one up you, but my mother has visited me three times in the six years I've lived in Virginia.  My father has never been here.  In fact, the first time my father saw my undergraduate school was on commencement day.  I went to grad school where my brother did his undergrad, which was the only reason he had been there before I walked.

I used to feel hurt about this, but I realize that they are used to everyone living in NYC or coming to them.  I think they honestly believe that young people should come to them. 

[QUOTE] FMIL is the least warm-fuzzy person I've probably ever met and my family is all about some warm-fuzzies.[/QUOTE]Neither my mother or my FMIL are demonstrative or emotional.  I hug almost everyone I meet, so I sometimes feel a little stiffled around them.   They both express love through food instead of using words and physical contact. 

I wish they were more demonstrative, but I just have to accept that they do what they feel comfortable doing.  I can hug FI to get my fix when we're visiting.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_therapy-thursday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:0cd7e028-d4b3-4a85-98b7-ae2a24f111e2Post:fe640ce2-385d-4177-87a8-47b6ddfff5ec">Re: Therapy Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Chelsea, can you use Pandora on your iphone? FIs best man hates me, and I had no idea until Tuesday. Over the summer he and his very young girlfriend went to the Pocono's for their anniversary and stayed in one of those hotels with the heart shaped bed and martini glass hot tub. I made a comment about "don't get crabs!" which I of course thought was hysterical but apparently it really hurt their feelings. Nothing was ever mentioned to me that it was so hurtful, so I assumed everything was peachy. Then, Tuesday he posted a picture of the recipt from their Valentine's dinner and about 20 people wrote "cheap tip!", so when I wrote "I agree its a cheap tip; Happy Valentine's Day Lovebirds!" I didn't expect him to flip out on me on the internet. I guess he's been waiting 6+ months to yell at me? Idk, it all seems very high school, but I'm still upset that it happened. FI tried to fix things, but his best man is being a huge baby. Oh, and the comments to me were about strippers/hookers/drugs at the bachelor party; so even though I trust FI I'm not paranoid about what his BM will try to get him to do. And they were supposed to go to Montreal, so now I'm really not OK with them being out of the country.
    Posted by diamondx423[/QUOTE]

<div>What an ass. And who posts a picture of their bill?!</div>
  • Options
    I'm at the point where my head is about to explode.  I feel like I have so much to do and no time to do it.  Plus, I'm not sleeping well which makes me more stressed out.  However, part of the stress level may be due to that time of the month... thanks body.

Work: I'm so over my job.  Every free chance I get I am either looking for new houses, new jobs to apply to, or I'm here.  My boss is basically gone for another two weeks so I can't really talk to him about the issues until he comes back.

House hunting: Can we just get a message saying this is our next house?  I'm tired of looking and driving by houses.  I am ready to move now.  My neighbors are the main reason I am ready to move.   I have one right next to me and another one across the street.  The guy next to me comes and goes at the worst times and he really needs to get a new muffler for his car.  His mom is there most of the time, blind, and is the crankiest old lady I've ever met.  We've had the police come I can't even count how many times because she's dialed 911 and then set the phone down thinking she speed dialed her son.
    The neighbors across the street are terrible.  They've had the cops there for noise a few times, theirs trash always next to the house no matter what day it is piling up, and the guy and his oldest son give me major creeper vibes.  Every time they see me they give me the look of a starving wolf seeing a free meal.

Grad school:  I'm tired of talking/writing about myself.  I really wish I would just get accepted and be able to skip over the interviews and paperwork.

Bills:  I'm starting to get the feeling of being completely broke soon between the wedding and getting a new house that I've gone into this mindset where I don't spend anything unless I really have to and it sucks.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_therapy-thursday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:0cd7e028-d4b3-4a85-98b7-ae2a24f111e2Post:20f2a92d-b542-418f-88f3-5710936506ea">Re: Therapy Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Therapy Thursday : What an ass. And who posts a picture of their bill?!
    Posted by kelsey+brandon[/QUOTE]

Idk, and it was the Olive Garden; on a $40 bill he tipped $6; it is cheap.

We went out to a bar to watch UFC fights the other week and were there for 5 hours and all he got was french fries and water so he tipped $3; I judged that. I gave the waitress $30 on our $20 bill because we had a table for 10 wasting her whole night on people getting water!
    Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_therapy-thursday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:0cd7e028-d4b3-4a85-98b7-ae2a24f111e2Post:7928cc24-6fe3-47cb-b818-76984ee0a58a">Re: Therapy Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE] THEN I found out that <strong>she told FI that 4 people that aren't invited to the wedding are being invited to the bridal shower she's throwing for me</strong>. I seriously was having a panic attack about it last night. I even offered that we just invite these people and FMIL declined!!! WTF, y'all!!! Posted by kelsey+brandon[/QUOTE]

Our FMIL's must be related, mine's doing the same thing!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Tara that really sucks. FIs best man will make fun of me joking supposedly then I'll go back at him but apparently hes all butt hurt about it and told FI. Like if you make fun of me like that I'll do the same. I'm sorry you're dealing with that :( My vent is I hate this class I'm waiting for. It's so stupid, the test was impossible, and I'm totally dropping it when I hear back from my adviser. It'll put me down to 12 credits but I'm looking at taking 9 this summer. Ones online and starts may 14 and I'll miss a week for the wedding/honeymoon so hopefully they work with me.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_therapy-thursday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:0cd7e028-d4b3-4a85-98b7-ae2a24f111e2Post:fb656e97-877e-4c61-ad1c-d5e41a1feef9">Re: Therapy Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Tara- I was just thinking about doing that. Will it drain my battery? I am just so frustrated... I dont get why they would take away something like that but let me sit on TK haha!

I used to have the same problem, most my work is over email so I am not really on the phone much so I would get books on Cd from the library. Saved my sanity from listening to our sales team. Who can sell like crazy but are idoits otherwise.
  • Options
    chelseamb11chelseamb11 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_therapy-thursday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:0cd7e028-d4b3-4a85-98b7-ae2a24f111e2Post:bcb7800f-9e34-4409-af01-f21452bd0b62">Re: Therapy Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Seriously... why would you block youtube and pandora at work. WTF! I am sooooo mad. I have to sit here all day with no music... just the sound of others typing and talking on the phone. I AM GOING TO GO INSANE!!!!!!!!!!

Can't you use an ipod or plug headphones into your cell phone?
    I can see why youtube might be blocked but I don't get pandora

ETA I'm slow lol.  Bring a charger to work! Problem solved!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_therapy-thursday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:0cd7e028-d4b3-4a85-98b7-ae2a24f111e2Post:6493281d-919f-49f1-893e-b81225bc01a5">Re: Therapy Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Therapy Thursday : Can't you use an ipod or plug headphones into your cell phone? I can see why youtube might be blocked but I don't get pandora ETA I'm slow lol.  Bring a charger to work! Problem solved!
    Posted by chelseamb11[/QUOTE]

I am SO glad I just happen to have a charger in my purse today!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_therapy-thursday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:0cd7e028-d4b3-4a85-98b7-ae2a24f111e2Post:c33428c4-392b-4cbe-ba50-989fb34505da">Re: Therapy Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Therapy Thursday : I am SO glad I just happen to have a charger in my purse today!

I have an iPhone and my battery lasts 2 days I love it. I've gotten FI to switch to all apple stuff. I have a MacBook pro, iPad, and iPhone. So all of my stuff syncs because I use the apple stuff (iCal, iPhoto, etc). He has an iMac and a MacBook air but has a droid. He's switching with his upgrade because his battery sucks and he has macs now anyways. Can you tell I'm obsessed with apple haha
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_therapy-thursday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:0cd7e028-d4b3-4a85-98b7-ae2a24f111e2Post:e8c44844-29d0-48ac-9446-50233fa5c5bc">Re: Therapy Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Therapy Thursday : I have an iPhone and my battery lasts 2 days I love it. I've gotten FI to switch to all apple stuff. I have a MacBook pro, iPad, and iPhone. So all of my stuff syncs because I use the apple stuff (iCal, iPhoto, etc). He has an iMac and a MacBook air but has a droid. He's switching with his upgrade because his battery sucks and he has macs now anyways. Can you tell I'm obsessed with apple haha
    Posted by Zimsgirl[/QUOTE]

How does your battery last so long?
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I never saw this thread before but it's fantastic. I am trying not to have an anxiety attack about my FMIL coming to visit this weekend. She has not been to our new place so my FI has freaked out about cleaning. Practically everything is new so the house is fine!  I do like her a lot but all she and my FI do is fight about everything. Some reason she loves pushing his buttons to get a rise out him. My FFIL is great to diffuse it but he's not coming! Ahhh I think I will spend my weekend at the gym.

Next, FI is very agreeable when making decisions about the recpetion with whatever you want. Ha yea right, then came back two weeks later saying he thinks it's stupid. Really saying stupid to a bride with PMS is grounds for bodily harm.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_therapy-thursday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:0cd7e028-d4b3-4a85-98b7-ae2a24f111e2Post:bcb7800f-9e34-4409-af01-f21452bd0b62">Re: Therapy Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Seriously... why would you block youtube and pandora at work. WTF! I am sooooo mad. I have to sit here all day with no music... just the sound of others typing and talking on the phone. I AM GOING TO GO INSANE!!!!!!!!!!

SOLUTION! <a href="http://www.air1.com/" rel="nofollow">http://www.air1.com/</a>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_therapy-thursday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:0cd7e028-d4b3-4a85-98b7-ae2a24f111e2Post:b3bb1069-97f4-4f23-8f5c-18e01870895b">Re: Therapy Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Therapy Thursday : How does your battery last so long?

I only charge it when it's in the red because if you charge it when it's not dying it messes with the battery. Other than that nothing. It's just always lasted 2 days even leaving it on over night because it's my alarm
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_therapy-thursday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:0cd7e028-d4b3-4a85-98b7-ae2a24f111e2Post:841d4fd1-f009-42c3-a388-054fc385e134">Re: Therapy Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Therapy Thursday : SOLUTION! <a href="http://www.air1.com/" rel="nofollow">http://www.air1.com/</a>
    Posted by midgetthemighty[/QUOTE]

It's blocked :(
  • Options
    I think FMIL literally needs to STFU about our living arrangements.  She has been hounding FI and asking if we'll be living together when we move into the new place next weekend and will not let it go or believe him that we're not.  It's driving me insane!  I know he's the last one to get married out of her kids, but wtf.  She never did this to the other two (and they both lived with their FI's before marriage w/o her knowing).  It just makes me want to tell her that her other kids aren't the angels she thinks theyare, but I'm not that kinda person.  We're getting married in 4 months. IF we were living together, it's not her business and geesh, it's not a big deal anymore.  We're not having sex or doing anything else. Idk what more she wants!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_therapy-thursday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:0cd7e028-d4b3-4a85-98b7-ae2a24f111e2Post:3486e2d5-1209-4738-a817-f13cdc109d41">Re: Therapy Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Therapy Thursday : It's blocked :(

BOO! I love Air1. :(
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_therapy-thursday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:0cd7e028-d4b3-4a85-98b7-ae2a24f111e2Post:8b839d36-762b-480d-9d44-312b4530f6df">Re: Therapy Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think FMIL literally needs to STFU about our living arrangements.  She has been hounding FI and asking if we'll be living together when we move into the new place next weekend and will not let it go or believe him that we're not.  It's driving me insane!  I know he's the last one to get married out of her kids, but wtf.  She never did this to the other two (and they both lived with their FI's before marriage w/o her knowing).  It just makes me want to tell her that her other kids aren't the angels she thinks theyare, but I'm not that kinda person.  We're getting married in 4 months. IF we were living together, it's not her business and geesh, it's not a big deal anymore.  We're not having sex or doing anything else. Idk what more she wants!

So she doesn't want you living together?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_therapy-thursday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:0cd7e028-d4b3-4a85-98b7-ae2a24f111e2Post:1f5ff125-e291-4452-82f1-daad0ff13833">Re: Therapy Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Bills:  I'm starting to get the feeling of being completely broke soon between the wedding and getting a new house that I've gone into this mindset where I don't spend anything unless I really have to and it sucks.
    Posted by MMRoberts11[/QUOTE]
    I can really relate to this and it sucks, the good thing is at least it will be getting us on a good track but for the time being it sucks to not spend any money that isn't absolutely necessary.  It's pretty draining and depressing.<div>
    </div><div>Big hugs to everyone, it sounds like it's been a rough time all around.  I hope everyone has a good weekend and gets some well needed and deserved relaxation, or at least no drama!</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_therapy-thursday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:0cd7e028-d4b3-4a85-98b7-ae2a24f111e2Post:e8119d50-8543-42c3-af5e-7953889f7251">Re: Therapy Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Therapy Thursday : So she doesn't want you living together?
    Posted by Zimsgirl[/QUOTE]

Nope.  And we're not.  yeah I'll probably be staying over there every other night but we're setting up the beds in two different bedrooms, so we won't even be sleeping together.  But she's convinced we're lying about it, which pisses me off.  He's 25 years old FFS.   He has no reason to lie to her.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_therapy-thursday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:0cd7e028-d4b3-4a85-98b7-ae2a24f111e2Post:08f833ff-cf31-49db-b87d-da3250c88ad0">Re: Therapy Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Therapy Thursday : Nope.  And we're not.  yeah I'll probably be staying over there every other night but we're setting up the beds in two different bedrooms, so we won't even be sleeping together.  But she's convinced we're lying about it, which pisses me off.  He's 25 years old FFS.   He has no reason to lie to her.

Wow that sucks I'm sorry :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards