June 2012 Weddings
Options

Therapy Thursday

124»

Re: Therapy Thursday

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Chelsea I can't see your post where you said you looked up statistics only what Abbe quoted? Can you send me your sources? I was told by a friend my marriage would fail since we live together so I scoured scientific and academic journals in my universities library and the only papers backing her claims were from the 70s. Everything new said that if people cohabitate with more than one partner before marriage divorce was more likely, but those with cohabitating with only one partner before marriage were equally likely for divorce as those that don't live together.
    Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Today at work was my "justify your continued employment" meeting. Ugh. No fun at all. I really hope I impressed on him that I am young, enthousiastic, and driven to improve the company's value. I find out in April (supposedly) whether or not I will have a job. As if I didn't have enough to worry about. Seriously.

We just adopted a cat the other week. Poor thing needs almost all her teeth removed. Today was just the first half, and it cost $1000. In two weeks she'll have another appointment that is just slightly less than $1000 (I don't have to repay for the anasthesia). Of course, this is coming directly out of the wedding fund. She's lucky she has such an adorable personality, and the FI and I are suckers for cats.

And just to make things more fun, FMIL and FFIL are coming this weekend. They were supposed to stay all weekend, but Bible Study class is more important than her son, even though we deliberately picked this weekend because she wouldn't be teaching Chinese school. They will be coming up Friday night, into the city  on Saturday to get my qipao, and they will be leaving Sunday at 3:00AM.  So rude, but whatever. Less time they will be here.

I REALLY REALLY do not like my FMIL, can you tell? I'm even making FI come into the city with us to go dress shopping because no way am I spending an entire day trapped with her shopping.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_therapy-thursday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:0cd7e028-d4b3-4a85-98b7-ae2a24f111e2Post:927fe01d-def6-49cf-a19c-a121924910c8">Re: Therapy Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Therapy Thursday : <strong>Idk, and it was the Olive Garden; on a $40 bill he tipped $6; it is cheap.</strong> We went out to a bar to watch UFC fights the other week and were there for 5 hours and all he got was french fries and water so he tipped $3; I judged that. I gave the waitress $30 on our $20 bill because we had a table for 10 wasting her whole night on people getting water!
    Posted by diamondx423[/QUOTE]

<div>that is 15% which is standard & you come off extremely judgy here. I never tip more than that, ever, usually our service doesn't warrent it. </div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Dream Honeymoon/Actual Honeymoon Disneyworld Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_therapy-thursday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:0cd7e028-d4b3-4a85-98b7-ae2a24f111e2Post:927fe01d-def6-49cf-a19c-a121924910c8">Re: Therapy Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Therapy Thursday : <strong>Idk, and it was the Olive Garden; on a $40 bill he tipped $6; it is cheap.</strong> We went out to a bar to watch UFC fights the other week and were there for 5 hours and all he got was french fries and water so he tipped $3; I judged that. I gave the waitress $30 on our $20 bill because we had a table for 10 wasting her whole night on people getting water!

<div>that is 15% which is standard & you come off extremely judgy here. I never tip more than that, ever, usually our service doesn't warrent it. </div>
    Dream Honeymoon/Actual Honeymoon Disneyworld Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    FMI and her mom are annoying me.  FI and I are getting married in Chicago; I'm from Chicago and he's from a suburb that is just North of Chicago.  All his grandmother has done is complain about where we're getting married, which, I've let go because I don't really care that much.

Fast forward to the bridal shower.  I imagined a midday lunch/brunch at our apartment (small shower with ~25 people being invited...who knows if they can all come) because it's more intimate and less expensive.  FMIL asked if we can have somewhere outside of the city b/c her family members are "afraid" of the city.  I don't understand that, but I live here, so whatever...however, what irritates me about that statment is that it isn't her family that afraid, it's FMIL & FI grandmother.

Ugh.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My food blog!
    June 2012 September Siggy Challenge
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_therapy-thursday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:0cd7e028-d4b3-4a85-98b7-ae2a24f111e2Post:d76acc64-ce20-4a31-8427-9faac70e4ec6">Re: Therapy Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Therapy Thursday : that is 15% which is standard & you come off extremely judgy here. I never tip more than that, ever, usually our service doesn't warrent it. 
    Posted by sweetcanadian1979[/QUOTE]

If service doesn't warrent it fine, but don't post it for the world to see if you don't want people to judge. We each waited for years, we always tip at least 20% because we know how much you depend on it.
    Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_therapy-thursday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:0cd7e028-d4b3-4a85-98b7-ae2a24f111e2Post:75f8dc45-226c-4b9c-b40c-937261ee8c4e">Re: Therapy Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Therapy Thursday : If service doesn't warrent it fine, but don't post it for the world to see if you don't want people to judge. We each waited for years, we always tip at least 20% because we know how much you depend on it.
    Exactly. I would've tipped at least $10. If you're nice and do a good job I'll tip well. I waitressed at 2 different restaurants so I always overtip rather than the standard 10-15% 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_therapy-thursday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:0cd7e028-d4b3-4a85-98b7-ae2a24f111e2Post:fb656e97-877e-4c61-ad1c-d5e41a1feef9">Re: Therapy Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Tara- I was just thinking about doing that. Will it drain my battery? I am just so frustrated... I dont get why they would take away something like that but let me sit on TK haha!
    Posted by chelseakopperud[/QUOTE]

<div>It will eat up your data REALLY quick - I'd suggest playlists!</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_therapy-thursday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:0cd7e028-d4b3-4a85-98b7-ae2a24f111e2Post:75f8dc45-226c-4b9c-b40c-937261ee8c4e">Re: Therapy Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Therapy Thursday : If service doesn't warrent it fine, but don't post it for the world to see if you don't want people to judge. We each waited for years, we always tip at least 20% because we know how much you depend on it.

<div>18-20% has become more of the standard because of how much servers depend on their tips to make minimum wage.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_therapy-thursday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:0cd7e028-d4b3-4a85-98b7-ae2a24f111e2Post:6f017dd1-6950-4fa0-83f9-738363787382">Re: Therapy Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Therapy Thursday : 18-20% has become more of the standard because of how much servers depend on their tips to make minimum wage.
    Posted by Melissa603[/QUOTE]
    I waitressed at a family pizza place in high school then an upscale restaurant last year during my freshman year of college. It was definitely nice that they tipped more because I really relied on that income being a college student
  • Options
    Shelly, I'm siding more with PP who said the opposite of what I said now. Negative people like that will only drain you dry. I'm glad you want to at least try a friendship!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards