African American Weddings
Options

Need a reality check ladies

What should I have done by the 6 months away mark?  I work three jobs so I am so busy that I get wedding stuff in between working. So I am just wondering what you ladies had done by the time your wedding was 6 months away.  Thanks for any information you can provide.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Need a reality check ladies

• Options
    My list:

~Booked all major vendors: venue, florist, DJ, day of coordinator, photographer, videographer

~Secured dress. started looking for accesories

~ordered invitations

~gathered all addresses

~Had BMs pay for dresses

~Listed all DIY projects.

~ reassessed the budget and wrote out a timeline of what money was due and when.

~secured seasonal clearance items

~discussed lighting
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Options
    Ok per the previous post im right on track. Still need to put deposit for photographer and dj. Im almost 6 mths out as well. Im not having a florist( i hate flowers) so i can ex that off the list. When do we start loking for cake and the men tuxes?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    So glad you posted this question..  this is def going to help me get on track as well.. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_need-a-reality-check-ladies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:9108dfd7-c957-4a17-b7d7-bf238ed8842aPost:9e0f86c2-f501-49af-a2ff-0f194f58578a">Re: Need a reality check ladies</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok per the previous post im right on track. Still need to put deposit for photographer and dj. Im almost 6 mths out as well. Im not having a florist( i hate flowers) so i can ex that off the list. <strong>When do we start loking for cake and the men tuxes?</strong>
    Posted by Toiizloved[/QUOTE]

Tuxes. I would say 4 months out. If you're renting from a place like men's warehouse you have until 3 weeks before the wedding, however, once you see a style yo like go in and reserve to make sure they'll have it for the wedding.

If you have a big BP go at the 4month mark. Small BP 3 months. If you're buying ask him to start thinking about it now.

Cake ~ You should start looking at at designs. Book 5 months out. Booking early means no conflict if your date is popular!
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_need-a-reality-check-ladies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:9108dfd7-c957-4a17-b7d7-bf238ed8842aPost:9e0f86c2-f501-49af-a2ff-0f194f58578a">Re: Need a reality check ladies</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok per the previous post im right on track. Still need to put deposit for photographer and dj. Im almost 6 mths out as well. Im not having a florist( i hate flowers) so i can ex that off the list. When do we start loking for cake and the men tuxes?
    Posted by Toiizloved[/QUOTE]

I'm at 6 months too. We met with the baker a couple of weeks ago and placed our order. We also had all the guys submit measurements on the tuxes so we could give those to Savvi. They said the would guarantee that the tuxes we wanted in our guys sizes would be in stock which is why we did this so early.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards