African American Weddings
Options

Hurricane Sandy. She's a B...

I had to work today. Yup. 8am. The winds are crazy now and the rain is throwing itself against the windows. The kids are terrified. It took me about 10mins to get them from the car to the house. We're not sure if we have to work tomoro yet. FI had to work tonight 6pm-6am, but I cried to get him to change his mind (manipulation) and he agreed to take the 6am-6pm shift today so he should be home in about an hr and a half. Yayy. I refused to be home alone with this storm. They said the worst should be between 8pm-2am with the winds possibly getting as high as 90mph (WTF). The key word in that statement is possibly. I'm hanging on to that word. The electric companies are saying power may be out for 3weeks. (ANOTHER WTF). I have kids. But FMIL has a generator, so we will be there if need be. I know Island is in the DC Area, Marionne in Baltimore, and all the knotties in NY and in the Mid Atlantic. Pearls, Diva, Sultry. PLEASE BE SAFE. Pray for me, if gotta work tomorrow too. But its 3x my pay if I come in.! I CAN'T miss that. Lol. As long as my kids are safe, I'm good.!
May 2013 January Siggy: Cake.!
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hurricane Sandy. She's a B...

• Options
    Praying for all you ladies in the NE. Y'all stay safe!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    nursing2unursing2u member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited October 2012
    PLEASE PLEASE BE SAFE!!!!!! I am praying for ALL OF US!!!!!!!!!

i AM PRAYING FOR MYSELF TOO!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Stay safe.... I hear the wind....No work for me today or tomorrow...Parts of NJ is flooded
  • Options
    ALL OF MD IS basically closed through tomorrow.. NO BUSSES, TRAINS, LIGHT RAIL, MTA, AMTRAK.. BRIDGES ARE ALL CLOSED AROUND BALTIMORE..and western maryland about 2-3 feet of snow
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

The snow is crazy. I can't believe people are really getting that.!

• Options
    i know.. I just cant believe Cha and Case deal with this down south all the time.. that's too much
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The mountains are getting slammed I moved my car from under the dead tree this morning
    "Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ive been watching it on the news..I am praying for you girls who are in the cross path of the storm. Please be safe
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_hurricane-sandy-shes-a-b?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:93cc5f9d-155f-41fd-92fd-1cc69d41a1edPost:a8520980-7a82-4df7-961c-90c9aeefc936">Re: Hurricane Sandy. She's a B...</a>:
    [QUOTE]The mountains are getting slammed I moved my car from under the dead tree this morning
    Posted by thedivav[/QUOTE]

Yea, when I came home from work, I made sure I didn't park under my normal tree. Aint nobody got time for that.! Lol
  • Options
    I didnt think I would be in the path... But then it turned and now we may be in the path... We shall see.... PRAYED UP
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    its been pouring rain...for two days....in cleveland.
  • Options
    island07b2bisland07b2b member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited October 2012
    Hopefully Sandy will hurry up on out of here and not stick around like they are saying.  So far she came in faster than they expected so I am hoping that is an indicator that she will pass over quickly.  

There's no work for me tomorrow again as the Fed Govt is closed.   My son is scheduled to go in at 7:30am tomorrow.  I told him that he isn't going anywhere.  I don't care what the job says! I find it crazy to expect anyone to go in under these conditions other than the very essential personnel.  

Unfortunately, the Dude is on a business trip and stuck until the storm is gone.  He was scheduled to be home tomorrow.  I told him it probably won't be until Thursday or Friday at the earliest.  I hope I am wrong.  

Be safe all and hang in there!

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• Options
    I know ladies.  I am here in Baltimore and it is crazy windy outside.  My office was closed today and closed again tomorrow.  My last day of work is Wednesday due to my wedding on Saturday.  I hope everyone makes it thru this safely.  FI BM is supposed to be coming up from Florida on Thursday.  I have family coming from NC on Thursday.  Friday is wedding rehearsal and Saturday is my wedding day.  I am praying the venue has power.  We are supposed to go on a Eastern Caribbean cruise to the Bahamas on Sunday.  I know there has been damage in the Bahamas.  I just hope everything can still go as planned.  I just don't know who made Sandy mad, but she needs to simmer down now!
    **I am getting married to Mr. Wonderful on 11/3/2012**
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_hurricane-sandy-shes-a-b?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:93cc5f9d-155f-41fd-92fd-1cc69d41a1edPost:e07bf04f-e6c9-42e4-afd3-04cc0adde4db">Re: Hurricane Sandy. She's a B...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hopefully Sandy will hurry up on out of here and not stick around like they are saying.  So far she came in faster than they expected so I am hoping that is an indicator that she will pass over quickly.   There's no work for me tomorrow again as the Fed Govt is closed.   My son is scheduled to go in at 7:30am tomorrow.  I told him that he isn't going anywhere.  <strong>I don't care what the job says! I find it crazy to expect anyone to go in under these conditions other than the very essential personnel.</strong>   Unfortunately, the Dude is on a business trip and stuck until the storm is gone.  He was scheduled to be home tomorrow.  I told him it probably won't be until Thursday or Friday at the earliest.  I hope I a wrong.   Be safe all and hang in there!
    Posted by island07b2b[/QUOTE]

all this here.  love my job but new jersey is closed.  bye, boo.  my boss doing the most emailing from home.  i'm like nicca the information you want is AT WORK. i'll. holla.

shan there's a reason they payin triple time.  all east coast governors said:  stayyoassinthehouse.  please. believe. them.
  • Options
    Yes, everyone STAY safe! I would send care packages but I heard the mail not being delivered. Please keep checking in with us when can, but DON'T use your cells for non essentials!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Shano, you might have to work tomorrow?!  That's insane and totally unsafe that your employer would have you come in (I guess if you're an emergency responder or work in a hospital, there's nothing to be done). FI is a police officer and has to work tomorrow too, and we're just hoping he doesn't get called in early (or held over).  Stay safe!
  • Options
    Many prayers going up....I'm watching the news like I live over there, but my sissys do so I'm tryna stay informed!!! Please let us know you guys' status as often as you can....Don't worry, God will keep His Hedge of protection around all of you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Simply Fabulous!
  • Options
    I live in Baltimore and I am actually just thankful that I have a house to live in.  The storm is bad but I am on a mission to put things in perspective. God is so good. Right now I still have power, so I am trying to cook some food up and do some laundry for as long as I can. I  needed thiese days off from work, but right now I am so thankful to God that I have a home ot live in so I dont have to be in the streets trying to fight off this storm. God is awesome. Watch him in his glory. PRAISE HIM!.  FI lives in Atlanta and that fools keeps calling my phne talking about , My momma done called, my daddy and now my 86 year od grandma dole called and said have you checked on your fiance. Is she ok? Does she need anything?  DOes she still have power. So I just appreciate the love of his family.  To God be the GLORy! God brought the storm and God will take it away.  PRIASE HIM NAME AND LETS KEEP ALL THAT ARE AFFECTED IN OUR PRAYERS!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_hurricane-sandy-shes-a-b?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:93cc5f9d-155f-41fd-92fd-1cc69d41a1edPost:d7b5fa1c-a693-48da-b650-3e9c5aa714e9">Re: Hurricane Sandy. She's a B...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know ladies.  I am here in Baltimore and it is crazy windy outside.  My office was closed today and closed again tomorrow.  My last day of work is Wednesday due to my wedding on Saturday.  I hope everyone makes it thru this safely.  FI BM is supposed to be coming up from Florida on Thursday.  I have family coming from NC on Thursday.  Friday is wedding rehearsal and Saturday is my wedding day.  I am praying the venue has power.  We are supposed to go on a Eastern Caribbean cruise to the Bahamas on Sunday.  I know there has been damage in the Bahamas.  I just hope everything can still go as planned.  I just don't know who made Sandy mad, but she needs to simmer down now!
    Posted by kcc76[/QUOTE]

Everything will be fine. It is saying by Wednesday it will be calm. So you will have a beautiful wedding this weekend. Everything will go off without a hitch. Just remember to control the controlables. Anything with the storm you cant control.  All you need is you and him and God.  yall can get married in the dark with no food, empty walls, no music, and cold weather but just think, your boo will be exicted to see you without or without all  of the pomp and circumstance.   The rest will work itself out. My engagement party is Friday night so come hell, high water or Sandy and no paower we are celebrating this thang! I need waiting seven years dang it! Even if it is just me and him iver candlelight huddled under a blanket eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ya'll please be safe! No work for none of you if you are in the path of the storm! Prayers going up!

Cha
    click here to view our Amazing Love wedding website Anniversary
  • Options
    Praying for you and the fams safety hon.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am just praying we all are safe... and I am making sure cell is charged.. or I will b running out to my car to charge my phone... Shan....money isn't everything!!! B SAFE!!!!! I'm a nurse and of course I could pick up because they need it... but money isn't everything. . Safety is most important..especially is ur babies r already scared
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    A few friends of mine have already lost power!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Hey. Had to break to charge the laptop in case Sandy takes my electricity with her when she leaves. It flickered and went off for 20secs and came right back on. I called my job's emergency condition hr hotline and they will update tomorrow morning at 7am. That's when I'll know if I have to work. I work at the Capital One call center so they figure Hurricane Sandy won't stop people from checking on their accounts. So far the wind is stronger, but I still have power so AMEN. We cooked enough for today and tomorrow. It's inevitable, FI has to work tomoro morning at 6am. He works on cars and parts for the city's emergency vehicles (police cars, fire trucks, snow plows, etc). So because those vehicles will be on the road, he has to go in. He's on call right now, talking bout he might have to come in at midnight cause his relief didn't show up. I said the devil is a liar.! Lol. The worst is between 8pm - 2am. You go nowhere especially between those hours.

Kc - You're wedding will be great. It's supposed to be back to perfect by Thursday. No worries.! Laughing

Sultry - We were watching the news at work today when the Gov and the Prez both said to stay in today and tomorrow. *All heads turn to Manager*

Free - My dad's a police officer and I've been getting worried calls from him all day about my safety because he had alot of accidents today and an 80yr old lady died, so he's scared. I just wanted him to be safe. Police officers have to work thru anything. I hate it. I know how you feel. My daddy's my number one man.!

Mari - I know money isn't everything. I know. It's just stuff that needs to get paid and any extra money will help you know. So when the option is thrown out, of course you consider it. The plan is to see what it looks like in the am. I'll keep you posted.

Ranyatta - Yes.! Praise Him. We are all so blessed.
  • Options
    Sha I completely understand... just saw the news and they said when it moves inward its gonna run across the top of MD.. and that's where I live... so I'm praying it moves QUICKLY..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Yea Fox just said she has officially made landfall. She just touched down in Atlantic City. Winds at 80mph. That was faster than normal so hopefully she moves her lil tail along.
  • Options
    i can hear the wind has picked up greatly but we still have power *knock on wood* 
    i am going to go check on my car from the balcony 

i am praying for my family and friends in NJ and NYC because they are getting the brunt of it... 
    i lived through Opal in 95 when i was in tuskegee 
    I HATE HURRICANES yall can keep this mess i will take the snow from the midwest..... 

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Sending my prayers up for you ladies.. please be safe... 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the update y'all!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Simply Fabulous!
  • Options
    I hope everyone is ok.... we missed the worse of the storm in bmore..... 
    hope every one in NJ and NY is ok.... 
    still waiting to hear from my family in NYC 

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards