Canada
Options

Any Nova Scotia Brides?

Hi Everyone, After lots of struggling with where and when to have the wedding, (I am from the States and we are both in school in Saskatoon) we have pick a date and location! June 5th, 2010 in Halifax! I am wondering if there are any other Nova Scotia Brides? Our wedding is so last minute, I would love to hear how you girls are planing you special day. Cheers

Re: Any Nova Scotia Brides?

• Options
    LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry, I think I posted this on the other message about NB brides, but I will post here as well - my cousin was married in Halifax 3 years ago, and also had to plan from afar - Ottawa. Her FI was from NS and his father was not well enough to travel, so they decided to have it out East. I will ask her for some contacts - she's been asking me if I needed help with my own wedding anyway!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi! I am from Nova Scotia originally but I live in Ontario and our wedding is in TO! Nova Scotia is so pretty in June, your wedding will be gorgeous!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    joshlynn2000joshlynn2000 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Both my fiancé and I are born and bred in Nova Scotia, we are getting married on the South Shore on September 4, 2010! :)  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My brother just got married at the Oak Island Inn in August, if anyone wants a review!
  • Options
    VRLVRL
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would love to have a review of Oak Island Inn as a wedding venue - also Granite Springs Golf Course if anyone's been.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    suzie173suzie173 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! I am getting married on Cape Breton Island June 26. I am working in Halifax now so know a little about services here. The Prince George hotel does a lovely job with little stress. Duly Noted is a stationery store that puts out a magazine describing local services and highlights real weddings. You can google them. Good luck!        Suzanne
    Suzie and Tom: Livin' the Dream!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OAK ISLAND This is a lovely little resort where my brother held his wedding last summer. They didn't go nuts with decor, but I think if everything was decorated nicely, it would be gorgeous. They have a nice terrace outside where you can have the ceremony; and the reception room we were in looks out at the water which is nice. The rooms are nice, and there's an indoor and outdoor pool. The food was good and overall things were really affordable. There are some nice cottages down by the water, and then there are regular hotel rooms. WE had a party at one of the cottages the night before and it was a blast! The girls used the spa and they did a nice job. It's a little rustic - definitely NS style. The DJ they suggested was AWFUL though, I would recommend getting someone else! If you have any other questions feel free to message me! The main downside in my opinion is that it is quite a drive from the airport if you are having a lot of out of town guests - you might prefer something in Hali. Have fun planning!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies for all your help. I am booking the Halifax Club for our wedding venue, only because it fits closure to our budget than Fox Island Resort. I have not been to the Halifax Club but family friends say that it is beautiful, and the food was ok. I do not remember the food I had for the six or seven weddings I have been to, so I am hoping the food will not become an issue. One of my good friends was there two weekends ago for a wedding, and he thought it was nice. Next task is to find a cake baker and book our photographer! I can't wait to get everything planned, so that I can relax and enjoy this time with my FI. Planning is so stressful and it feels like a full time job sometimes. I hope your wedding planning is going well. Cheers
  • Options
    suzie173suzie173 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey surfergirl, Halifax club is very nice and central to all other services.If you plan to have a girls' day before the Big Day, the "Best Spa" award ALWAYS goes to The Summit on Spring Garden Road. I've tried almost all of them and they really d0 deserve the award. The prices are reasonable too. When interviewing for photographers, I chose Celtic Capture Photography for it's combo of price and quality. They're in Cape Breton but will travel. If price isn't an issue, Ratchford's photographic is so worth it. Both are on the web. Good luck!                                       Suzanne
    Suzie and Tom: Livin' the Dream!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi! I'm getting married in Halifax on August 7, 2010 at the St. Mary's boat club.  We are living in Ottawa, so I'm planning from away too. The Halifax Club is nice - my uncle got married there a few years ago.
  • Options
    rayven134rayven134 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey, if you don't have a cake yet, check out www.layersweddingcakes.com
    Her cakes are beautiful!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards