Washington-Seattle
Options

AW... A Little Bit. Okay, A Lot.

I have to share the picture of the altar decorations we are going to have! I didn't want an arch and wasn't sure what else to do, when I came across this...

So, my awesome mom and aunt have agreed to make it! I think it's so lovely and I feel so blessed that they are willing to take the time an energy to make this for our wedding! It's white Easter Lillies. After all is said and done it will be a total of 450 faux flowers strung together. But, the best part is it is super cheap! The flowers cost us less than $70.

Okay, that's all :o)
Anniversary

Re: AW... A Little Bit. Okay, A Lot.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i love the altar idea, gorgeous and original
  • Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I could swear that a Sea knottie had a similar non-arch at her wedding.  I think it was Karrie.  Sara or tygirl may remember better, but the flowers on the string motif looks familiar for some reason.

It's very pretty.  Looks like a lot of work, so it's a good thing you'll have help.
  • Options
    mgoss228mgoss228 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is going to be gorgeous!  Where are you (or your mom) getting the faux flowers?
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
    Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
    My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
    Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    afloral.com. We orded bushes, though, and it was a much cheaper option. It will require a little bit of work to separate the flowers from the bushes.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Make sure you use sharp wire-cutters - you'll probably need them to take the flowers off the bush.  I had to take orchid blooms off the stem to practice  making our DIY BM bouquets and it was a major project just for 8 blooms until I had the right tools.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I remember seeing that on a blog somewhere - so pretty and romantic!
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards