Wedding Reception Forum

wedding snap? what do you think

I saw through pinterst that there is an app call wedding snap. It's the same idea of putting a disposible camera at every table. Your guests download the app and every picture they take gets saved to an online album ( they put in a code when logging in). I have mixed feelings for the app, its some what a good idea and saves money/time instead of buying disposible cameras and then developing them .But I couldnt imagine if I was a guest that I would have my phone out taking pictures or even downloading an app for it. theres pros and cons I guess. What do you ladies think?

Re: wedding snap? what do you think

• We're using weddingturtle because it's free and they mail you (I think) 250 site sharing cards you can pass out to guests.
  • Duds, I'm suprised more people didn't use your photobucket album!  I was considering doing the same thing! :(
  • We had friends pay for Wedding Snap, but they got married out at a B&B and no one got service, so no one ended up using it. Yeah, they could have uploaded later, but no one thinks about it after the fact.
    So they wasted their money on it. We thought about it but decided we didn't want to pay.
  • Just do photo sharing cards.  People should not have to pay for an app and what happens if there are photos that people don't want to share? It's pretty intrusive.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_wedding-snap-what-do-you-think?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:b4340f24-ff53-4e86-b8bd-e7f9667cc56bPost:726fcd1a-0c06-4171-ae98-ced20c8a01e2">Re: wedding snap? what do you think</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: wedding snap? what do you think : The guest don't have to pay for the app.  OP and her FI would buy a package and would provide their guests with a code for use.
    Posted by ILoveMilkDuds[/QUOTE]

Got it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • hellebhelleb member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I don't thnk a special app would be necessary I would create little cards from Vista Print like a PP said and then just have your contact information on it with a cute message saying how you would love guests to take and share their pictures via facebook or send via email. 

My friend did the disposable but the problem was that people didn't fill up the cameras so she had to wait to have the pics produced until she used up the left over pics! The waiting was terrible! Plus with a disposable she got some truely awful pics.  She said it was the biggest waste of her wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards