Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Poll: What is your favorite...

Cancelled TV Show?

In light of the possible cancellation of Mad Men (which srsly... I will become a crazy person if AMC doesn't figure that shiit out soon), it got me nostaglic of great cancelled TV shows.

Topping my list at the moment is Firefly. 
Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog

Re: Poll: What is your favorite...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I loved The Black Donnelly's. It was cancelled after only like 5 episodes. I ended up buying the DVD set, which included another 5-6 unaired episodes =)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Big Gzilla loved that show (Gzilla's dad)

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_poll-favorite?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:b1dd240c-777a-4ba3-b1db-e17a88e5056dPost:7e7897af-73d1-4f6c-9d82-19b8a0e1f774">Poll: What is your favorite...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Cancelled TV Show? In light of the <strong><em><u>possible cancellation of Mad Men </u></em></strong>(which srsly... I will become a crazy person if AMC doesn't figure that shiit out soon), it got me nostaglic of great cancelled TV shows. Topping my list at the moment is Firefly. 
    Posted by RecoveringActor[/QUOTE]

<div>WHAT?!!!</div>
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I miss Men in Trees!

I didn't know Medium was cancelled until I watched the last show...

Mercy - especially how they ended it!
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    NOTHING IS DEFINITE.. but apparently the creator has been fighting with the network, because the network wants him to fire two main characters (they know which ones, they just haven't said in interviews) and he doesn't want to do that.  AMC wants them to make budget cuts.  AMC wouldn't even be on anyone's radar if it wasn't for Mad Men.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I hate all the re-vamped cartoons... Batman, Ninja Turtles, etc.

Ok, now that I got that out :)

I don't get into tv series shows too often, so I don't think I have a favorite cancelled show.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    MH-then you're definitely going to hate the return of Thundercats.  Snarf.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    Cackle6Cackle6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm really bummed that The Good Guys was cancelled after just one season. It was kinda silly, but I really liked it. Also Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip. I think they should have given it more time too.
  • Options
    Cackle6Cackle6 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_poll-favorite?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:b1dd240c-777a-4ba3-b1db-e17a88e5056dPost:42eb8e4b-4e64-4a12-bd1f-72dd5627d059">Re: Poll: What is your favorite...</a>:
    [QUOTE]MH-then you're definitely going to hate the return of Thundercats.  Snarf.
    Posted by RecoveringActor[/QUOTE]

<div>OMG! Thundercats is coming back? Umm, that is AWESOME! I <3 Thundercats!</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Cackle--ITA with Studio 60.  I LOVED that show.  IMHO I thought it was a better show than 30 Rock, and I have a friend on that show... so I HAD to root for that one to survive so that he had a job.  But I thought Studio 60 was great.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thundercats is going to be on Cartoon Network.  Don't know when... but I know it's coming back.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    edited December 2011
    What's funny - I haven't watched anything anyone else has mentioned... then I realized, maybe that's why they were cancelled.
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mana, seriously... Firefly was the best show that FOX has ever run... and they cancelled it after 1 season.  And then the fans were so intense about the cancellation of that show (they call themselves Brown Coats) that their campaigning led to this one guy buying the rights to it and convincing Joss Whedon (creator of Buffy?  He also did Firefly) to release a movie, which they did in 2004 or 2005.  Forget which.  but it was called Serenity. 

I didn't even know about Firefly until I saw Serenity, and then went back and watched the show.  When you describe it, it sounds really stupid.  Nathan Fillion is a Robin Hood-like space cowboy... and he is keeping a doctor and his crazy sister from the government.  The sister was held captive by the government until her brother broke her out.  Like I said, the description makes it sound like some wacky sci-fi show, but it's amazing.  Absolutely amazing.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    Jesster153Jesster153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Call me a loser but there was a show on in like 2007 called 'What About Brian' with Barry Watson from 7th Heaven. I thought it was a great show but they cancelled after 2 seasons without really finishing out the second season...it was sad

DH and I were bummed when they cancelled The Game on CW (its hilarious if you've never seen it) but BET brought it back this year so there's hope for all cancelled shows haha
    Siggy Challange: Me and my girls :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    ev4149ev4149 member
    edited December 2011
    Pushing Daisies.  Loved that show.

FI's is probably Twin Peaks.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_poll-favorite?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:b1dd240c-777a-4ba3-b1db-e17a88e5056dPost:c22d4edf-5e0b-49d8-8bd0-d50759e351dd">Re: Poll: What is your favorite...</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Pushing Daisies.  Loved that show.</strong> FI's is probably Twin Peaks.
    Posted by ev4149[/QUOTE]

I liked that one too!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_poll-favorite?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:b1dd240c-777a-4ba3-b1db-e17a88e5056dPost:7e7897af-73d1-4f6c-9d82-19b8a0e1f774">Poll: What is your favorite...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Cancelled TV Show? In light of the possible cancellation of Mad Men Posted by RecoveringActor[/QUOTE]

WHAT?!!!!!!!!!!!

ETA: sorry, small heart failure.
    October 2012 May 2011 Siggy: E-Ring
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Does anyone remember "Second Noah?"  It came out around the same time at 7th Heaven... and it starred James Marsden.  It was AWFUL!!!

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I miss the Powerpuff Girls.  I related to Buttercup, especially when I was younger.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I really wish Friends would have lasted forever.

My mom and I used to watch Beautiful People. I think it was canceled after the first season.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    http://www.celebitchy.com/148006/mad_men_is_close_to_being_cancelled_the_end_of_don_draper_hamm_dong/

Though AMC said yesterday that they still intend to bring back the show... just not until at least 2012.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    Jesster153Jesster153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_poll-favorite?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:b1dd240c-777a-4ba3-b1db-e17a88e5056dPost:f726ce17-f41f-42bd-9342-98549ea8fb0f">Re: Poll: What is your favorite...</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I really wish Friends would have lasted forever</strong>. My mom and I used to watch Beautiful People. I think it was canceled after the first season.
    Posted by nicole8586[/QUOTE]

you are now my best friend  ;)
    Siggy Challange: Me and my girls :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My sister and I try out "out trivia" the other one in Friends.  I still watch the reruns.  That was such a great show.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    edited December 2011
    AWE I miss friends too!

GILMORE GIRLS!  I miss them... I grew up with rory.  We graduated HS and College the same years.  Then they cancelled it when she graduated college, and I felt like I had no one to go into the crazy real world with me... yes, I'm crazy.
    my 2012 shelf:
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    edited December 2011
    Jesster - I started watching What about Brian but didn't like it.

RA - haha that show sounds crazy!  I wonder if the seasons are on netflicks...
    my 2012 shelf:
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I hope they don't mess up Thundercats!  I think my issue is that they changed the way they all look and talk.  It's like they had to modernize them all, which is completely unnecessary for a cartoon.

I liked American Dream but I didn't watch it regularly.

I still don't think I've seen the finale of Friends or Sopranos or Gilmore Girls.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I loved Gilmore Girls too! I have a feeling One Tree Hill is coming to an end, maybe I will let go of my high school TV shows. Although I doubt it since I am hooked on Gossip Girl and Pretty Little Liars.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mana--it is on Netflix, and it's just 1 season.

MH--I do know that they're changing the mythos a bit.  They are still on Third Earth, but Third Earth is a part of Thundara.  But that's the only change I'm aware of.

Here's a trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTWJ-nqDX8E

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    FutureMrsTCTFutureMrsTCT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Firefly and Pushing Dasies I can totally agree with. I also liked Witchblade on TNT - only last 1 very short season.

Friends and Buffy could have lasted forever and I wouldn't have blinked an eye.

tech. since it was a mini series it was never intended to be a series (thus can't be cancelled) but I wish the Mists of Avalon had lasted longer.
    *~~*The Future Mrs. Coulter-Thurley*~~*
    Siggy Challenge Pic with BM
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mana--if you do get it, DON'T WATCH SERENITY FIRST!  Watch the show.  Because something really big happens at the end of Serenity, and then you'll be really sad the whole time you're watching Firefly.  Ask me how I know.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards